Discussion: Annual Awards 2017

DeletedUser121528

I agree that rallying morale/players is definitely a leadership quality but the levels of difficulty are extremely different given whether you are on the 'winning' or 'losing' side (by which I mean world domination and war stats.) Screw also benefited from being pretty stable from the start whereas noobs struggled with lots of tribe merges, often resulting in huge losses. All in all I would say they (solo and grim) are both excellent and it's hard to come to a conclusion given we have not experienced the opposite side/seen the leaders actions if their positions were reversed. I just want to point out that saying someone isn't a good leader because they're losing is bad logic :)

DeletedUser121528

Also, I can see why externals are addictive now, I'm going to stop writing lol

OTDDeathAwaits

I think this is a rather unnecessarily patronising statement - some of us actually proactively decided to nominate him. As for statistics, they don't exactly paint the entire picture of someone's leadership capabilities. I'm very certain if Jeff was in a senior position in your tribe, your opinions would be very different :p

Skilled Player of the Year - stats matter. Period.
TribeMate of the year - acc. sits etc. cannot be judged by stats but its an overall award as I understand it.
Master Commander - accounts all factors(like a jack of all trades but a master of none/an outstanding feat.) - horribly leading/losing in the only war that means anything on your world is something to base it off - on the back of poor tactics, hindering members growth by diplomacy with every tribe on the world(that werent the multiple academies that you recruited) resulting in the tribe having about 40% barb noblings overall...
If he goes on to win then good for him but I will most certainly be asking for my Master Commander 2015 to be removed from my profile lol. The association of a sub-par tribe(NOOBS) and their duke being categorised with what we(NME) done on w74 takes away all value and meaning and I wouldnt want one associated with the other. NOOBS have only got steam rolled until now. Its lobsided and keeping my tribe interested is the harder battle than actually winning the world vs the rest of you.

You can hold me to my word on that. So win win for you NOOBS if Jeff wins and I get mine taken off.

OTDDeathAwaits

I agree that rallying morale/players is definitely a leadership quality but the levels of difficulty are extremely different given whether you are on the 'winning' or 'losing' side (by which I mean world domination and war stats.) Screw also benefited from being pretty stable from the start whereas noobs struggled with lots of tribe merges, often resulting in huge losses. All in all I would say they (solo and grim) are both excellent and it's hard to come to a conclusion given we have not experienced the opposite side/seen the leaders actions if their positions were reversed. I just want to point out that saying someone isn't a good leader because they're losing is bad logic :)

Actually, I have been on the losing side, I became duke on w74 when we were losing hardcore. We were the side that got hammered and lost loads of territory and was as far behind as NOOBS are in war stats right now. So if BGR turns it around with you lot on w93 then great he deserves every accolade - He hasnt and he just turns up and chats to a few of you and aims to drag the world out via barb nobling. People who have actually been in that losing situation like you are now knows how impossible it is or seems to turn it around.

Most would nominate their duke/favorite player - like the kimkhan vote is a total joke. NOOBS are making a mockery of this whole thing. Just go play your accounts on w93 and lose with a bit of noise rather than getting steamrolled. Voting for eachother here wont fix anything in game.

BlackGrimReaper

Tribe Mate of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Why didnt you nominate yourself this time SOLO?

also hi MintyFresh :) Hope we can play again with each other some time in the future (Trickster and Destroyer)

OTDDeathAwaits

also hi MintyFresh :) Hope we can play again with each other some time in the future (Trickster and Destroyer)

Don’t feel that 93 was a challenge or has been epic enough to warrant nominating myself for anything - but I guess we all have different standards. Hence why I nominated Phippsy as skilled/tribemate because if you’re sitting accounts and he’s sitting accounts m, then he’s winning and already deserves it more than you...without taking personal stats/size into consideration.

There are other worlds than 93 and the losing tribe on 93 deserves none of the awards.

DeletedUser121528

Actually, I have been on the losing side, I became duke on w74 when we were losing hardcore. We were the side that got hammered and lost loads of territory and was as far behind as NOOBS are in war stats right now. So if BGR turns it around with you lot on w93 then great he deserves every accolade - He hasnt and he just turns up and chats to a few of you and aims to drag the world out via barb nobling. People who have actually been in that losing situation like you are now knows how impossible it is or seems to turn it around.

Most would nominate their duke/favorite player - like the kimkhan vote is a total joke. NOOBS are making a mockery of this whole thing. Just go play your accounts on w93 and lose with a bit of noise rather than getting steamrolled. Voting for eachother here wont fix anything in game.

Again, what's with the unnecessarily spiteful exaggerated prose? I'm literally just trying to have an interesting conversation about the qualities of leadership lol

Well clearly W74 demonstrates you are an excellent leader but it does not imply Grim is not. Every situation is different and it is my personal belief that a lot of factors outside of Grim's control have caused noobs to be in their current predicament.

And I wouldn't personally go around defining the awards as if it were solid fact - that is up to every individual to formulate. It's quite clear to see that you are very results orientated person. I am not - I like to value dedication and effort more heavily - there are plenty of great historical leaders who have had the arses handed to them in combat. For me, Grim has more than fulfilled the requirements. There may be others as well (and that's why this thread is even here), but unfortunately I am not all seeing, and neither are you.

Just to clarify (although I know I'm sinking rather low with this) there's no bloody conspiracy to get our members winning these awards and I'm fully aware it will not change the course of in game play. I nominated him because I want to highlight his achievements, not so that he wins 1000pp. As for the kimkhan vote, the only reason I wouldn't see that as a justified nomination is because of the weak reasons provided. If they were better, who's to say that he's not a great leader just because he leads a smaller tribe.

Lord BillyNoMates

Again, what's with the unnecessarily spiteful exaggerated prose? I'm literally just trying to have an interesting conversation about the qualities of leadership lol

Well clearly W74 demonstrates you are an excellent leader but it does not imply Grim is not. Every situation is different and it is my personal belief that a lot of factors outside of Grim's control have caused noobs to be in their current predicament.

And I wouldn't personally go around defining the awards as if it were solid fact - that is up to every individual to formulate. It's quite clear to see that you are very results orientated person. I am not - I like to value dedication and effort more heavily - there are plenty of great historical leaders who have had the arses handed to them in combat. For me, Grim has more than fulfilled the requirements. There may be others as well (and that's why this thread is even here), but unfortunately I am not all seeing, and neither are you.

Just to clarify (although I know I'm sinking rather low with this) there's no bloody conspiracy to get our members winning these awards and I'm fully aware it will not change the course of in game play. I nominated him because I want to highlight his achievements, not so that he wins 1000pp. As for the kimkhan vote, the only reason I wouldn't see that as a justified nomination is because of the weak reasons provided. If they were better, who's to say that he's not a great leader just because he leads a smaller tribe.
im not going to lie

but grim had 5 or 6 votes from players with new forum accounts

and i dont think thats a coincidence

DeletedUser121528

What a bunch of cynics! :p

Well I can say that I learned about this thing through the mail TW sent to each of us - that's why I made the account. Having just checked the skype chat I find a post to be quite amusing:

"I want to nominate and write a post for Jeff, but he says he doesn't want it :("

But I guess there's not much point trying to prove anything. If you think I/we are this childish then so be it lol. I've said all I want to about this - if anyone has anything more productive/engaging to say/discuss, hit me up!

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

Hey buddy, let me know if you have any interesting accounts going free in noobs i got some spare time to kill

DeletedUser120425

Wonder if BGR's track record of abusing the sit system, resulting in an ingame ban and loss of villages will play a considerable factor.
Master Commander, more like Cheating Commander:rolleyes:

Lord BillyNoMates

Wonder if BGR's track record of abusing the sit system, resulting in an ingame ban and loss of villages will play a considerable factor.
the same goes to RealDonaldTrump who on the exact same world abused 20 sitted accounts and was kicked off the world

someone a player considered skilled wouldnt make such a stupid move

Lord BillyNoMates

im not sure why your actually making a joke out of something done by a compulsive cheater

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

the same goes to RealDonaldTrump who on the exact same world abused 20 sitted accounts and was kicked off the world

someone a player considered skilled wouldnt make such a stupid move

so, what you're telling me is that you didn't even understand what disp only wanted to tell you? rofl. you were, you are and you always will be a joke with "i talk but i don't know what or why, nor do i care" attitude.

i did prepare for RDT haters to come here and that we have some funny discussions, but i didn't expect universe would send - you. personally i blame everyone on w93 for giving you feeling that you are acknowledged in TW community in general. or anywhere else for that matter. you tried the same at the beginning of w92 but it didn't work out.

[1.1.2018. 23:15:34] Josh: This guy talking shit after he got rimmed by goldie (cwl)

we did have some good laughs on this. but really, you should always make sure not to even try to diss anyone about anything. let alone someones gameplay skill. LMAO

don't bother to reply from that profile or any other one of your multys cause it's my last post directed towards you. :rolleyes:

BlackGrimReaper

Tribe Mate of the Year 2017
Reaction score

Im not after the award like my other tribemates have said but they chose to nominate me of their own free will and I really appreciate that.

Though lets not forget what you guys did with poor old kirk broadcasting a live video chat and humiliating the person, guess thats what a "Master Commander" does :) If I need to be like that just to get an award id rather not get one.

OTDDeathAwaits

Im not after the award like my other tribemates have said but they chose to nominate me of their own free will and I really appreciate that.

Though lets not forget what you guys did with poor old kirk broadcasting a live video chat and humiliating the person, guess thats what a "Master Commander" does :) If I need to be like that just to get an award id rather not get one.

FactCheck: Who broadcasted Kirk...

You need to improve your insinuation game because it was not me :)

edit: Nice sidestep on the fact that you are low.