Discussion: Version 7.2

DeletedUser656

TribalWars Version 7.2

Features, Improvements and Changes

Account Manager
-Added an Account Manager Overview that displays centralized information about the status of your villages and the various managers
-Added Farm Assistant which allows players to assign a number of troops to one of the map's context menu buttons.
-Improved Building Manager; templating and new layout
-Improved Troops Manager; it will now build your troops to a level you specify, templating and new layout
-Improved 'Notifications' layout
-Minor Market Manager usability improvements

Displayed Information
-Player Profile: online-status dot added for friends
-Academy: clicking on the 'existing noblemen' or 'noblemen in production' values will produce a popup showing their location
-Unit Production Buildings: hovering over the unit names will produce a popup with information and a unit image
-Number of villages in a group shown on the overviews
-Mail: forwarded mails are now indicated with "Fw:" in front of the mail subject.

Ease of Use
-Clicking the 'insert troops as defender' arrow button on the simulator screen will now include troops that are currently supporting your village.
-You will now stay on the settings page once selected when consulting the various world settings via the statistics page linked on the homepage.
-New BB Code: [code_spoiler]. It functions like
Code:
-Incomings Overview now defaults to 'Unignored' view
-Group selection added to the "confirmation screens" for mass recruitment and coin minting
... and other minor improvements

[font=trajan pro][b](Tribal) Forums[/b][/font]
-Links to deleted players and tribes have been removed; 'deleted' will be shown behind their name instead
-External tribal forums will by default now open in a new tab

[font=trajan pro][b]Function[/b][/font]
-Production time for units whose production building is demolished during recruitment will now be recalculated

[font=trajan pro][b]Map[/b][/font]
-Very simple map (no dragging or popups) added as an additional option under the Settings menu which should improve usability for some mobile devices and screen readers.
-The map will now stay centered on a village you have just marked with a colour rather than switching back to centering on your current village.

[font=trajan pro][b]Reports[/b][/font]
-Maximum number of reports per page is now 100
-Award and Noble Claim report titles now show more information

[font=trajan pro][b]Wars[/b][/font]
-Peace offerings will be accepted automatically after 7 days if they are not rejected (to allow victors to close wars on inactive tribes)
-Confirmation box added to peace offerings
-Dots added to large war stats values to improve legibility (123.456.789)
-24-hour buffer applied to peace offerings to a single tribe to prevent spamming

[font=trajan pro][size=4]Bug fixes[/size][/font]
[font=trajan pro][b]Mobile Version[/b][/font]
-layout issues
-arrow didn't switch on village information box (minimized/maximized)
-added option to downgrade in 15-tech worlds
[font=trajan pro][b]Market[/b][/font]: invalid characters prevented.
[font=trajan pro][b]Incoming Overview[/b][/font]: fixed ignoring issue when receiving only supports
[font=trajan pro][b]Filter[/b][/font]: AM filters are now working
[font=trajan pro][b]Forum[/b][/font]: incorrect number redirection links fixed
[font=trajan pro][b]Map[/b][/font]: some incorrect map colours fixed
....and several more.

DeletedUser93439

Would you mind taking the guides of how to make templates from beta to here? Or should be do so ourselves?

DeletedUser

Seems like good updates, hopefully they will work out in-game.

DeletedUser

I really like this update. Nothing fancy, just steady improvement.

This is the best part:

-Maximum number of reports per page is now 100

A humble player

Indeed, this update came with almost nothing bad. I await to see how chat makes things lag :S

DeletedUser93439

On beta its noted that it slows down and interferes with the resource balancer. The slowing down is only very slightly, didn't confirm the res balance issue.

DeletedUser99713

it would be cool if you could see your men on the map Lord war 98

DeletedUser93439

it would be cool if you could see your men on the map Lord war 98

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Biggest issue with this is probably how heavy the load would be on the server or the page loading

DeletedUser

On beta its noted that it slows down and interferes with the resource balancer. The slowing down is only very slightly, didn't confirm the res balance issue.

Can it be turned off? I don't mind chat but I don't want it taking away from playing. Glad to see it's being tried on beta!

DeletedUser93439

Can it be turned off? I don't mind chat but I don't want it taking away from playing. Glad to see it's being tried on beta!

It can't be turned off, though there is a suggestion for it on beta. Right now there isn't any reason to worry about chat anyway, it still has a lot of issues.

DeletedUser656

You can't remove it from the interface, but you can set yourself as offline which stops it from making any requests to the server (and so removes any 'lag').

DeletedUser93439

I know but it not the same as completely turning it off.
With a sit account you don't have the chat (off course, one is enough. :icon_smile:) and you'll notice that the web page is loading a little faster compared to your own page where you have the chat on, even if you're offline.
One of the scripts it screws up is the resource balance script, quite handy when you have several villages.

Just pointing this out Morthy. Personally I found that he is 'right' but I didn't find the 'lag' being of any noticeable effect.

DeletedUser656

Just pointing this out Morthy. Personally I found that he is 'right' but I didn't find the 'lag' being of any noticeable effect.

I'm not sure why, I checked on beta and when I was set to offline no additional requests were sent to the server. The extra JS/CSS required to render the chat will need to be downloaded, but your browser should cache it. Rendering the "Offline" chat bar shouldn't take more than 1ms.

DeletedUser

Is there a specific order for the updates to worlds? Or just whatever is easiest to do first?

DeletedUser656

No specific order, we just selected two worlds that weren't too new but weren't too old :)

DeletedUser

Errmm.... Is there a "how to" for the options in the mass recruit page?

[spoil]
g9r38
g9r38.png

g9r38
[/spoil]

I had no warning that all mass recruits would cease to function yet again & so would like some assistance please :)

DeletedUser

Indeed, this update came with almost nothing bad. I await to see how chat makes things lag :S

The Bad

1) Village construction manager only have 2 custom templates (Very bad in a church world, as you'll need one for each church type, not to mention my BAckDef villages are different from my front line villages)

1a) Can't do Single village builds, like the previous AM, must be from the template(s), thus you currently can't have a Church1/2/3 build ;(

2) I have not yet found the "save" method for the MassRecruitment, though it's a better method than the previous one in the TroopManager

3) Troop manager in the MassRecruitment page still have some JavaScript bugs in the InsertMax option (I.M.O. on FireFox 4 on MacOSX)

I guess I need to get on the Beta systems

DeletedUser

Errmm.... Is there a "how to" for the options in the mass recruit page?

[spoil]
g9r38
g9r38.png

g9r38
[/spoil]

I had no warning that all mass recruits would cease to function yet again & so would like some assistance please :)

Pay for the AM to get the troop Manager :p:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

No specific order, we just selected two worlds that weren't too new but weren't too old :)

Good you picked a Church world were I don't have enough templates for the Village Manager :icon_cool:

DeletedUser656

The Bad

1) Village construction manager only have 2 custom templates (Very bad in a church world, as you'll need one for each church type, not to mention my BAckDef villages are different from my front line villages)

I believe that is a bug, you should be able to create 5 custom templates.