Discussion: Version 7.2

DeletedUser

So I have to input nuke/def/church/scout villa etc composition every time I want to recruit troops?

The numbers appear to not be saved, & if this is better than the troop manager, then what on earth would be the point of paying for that?

I've said it before & been criticised &/or brushed off, but having to relearn how to do basic operations in the middle of wars is no good for gameplay & suits the turtles in TW rather than those who are constantly at war as the game should be.

I'm not happy with the direction that innogames has decided to go down in this regard.

Don't get me wrong - most of the changes are generally positive after players get used to them, but having them happen suddenly stifles play while we go & find out how to play again.

DeletedUser

So I have to input nuke/def/church/scout villa etc composition every time I want to recruit troops?

In the MassRecruitment screen yes ;(

The numbers appear to not be saved, & if this is better than the troop manager, then what on earth would be the point of paying for that?

The Troop Manager (That AM part you pay extra for) DO save it inside templates, and those templates are applied to a village, so it will "auto-build" and you don't need to do the mass recruitment for that village till you've spent the troops etc.

I still need to see it in action in real play, as the beta is a bit limiting in not giving me a bunch of villages to "quickly" test it

I've said it before & been criticised &/or brushed off, but having to relearn how to do basic operations in the middle of wars is no good for gameplay & suits the turtles in TW rather than those who are constantly at war as the game should be.

Hey, there are loads of turtle opportunities in W40 ;)

But yes, I'll echo this, especially when you test this with <7 villages (the max number on the beta server) and try to compare that with >500villages in real game play, it does make me a tad peefed off ;(

DeletedUser

I believe that is a bug, you should be able to create 5 custom templates.

In a church world by mid/late(ish) game I doubt that I'm the only one with more than 5 build patterns & recruit types (11).

It appears that our options are becoming more limited for twice the price.

I'm already forking out 2k pp/month (roughly averaged over time) as duke's fees.
Paying double is just not going to happen.

DeletedUser93439

I've asked to get these moved here, didn't see them yet so I'm posting them here:

Troops
[SPOIL]
You are free to choose an existing template from the dropdown list or filling in the desired troops and buffer manually. It will also count the farm space which you will be using with the filled in troops.

After that select the villages for which you want to save this recruitment and hit "Save". With "Delete" you can delete an existing recruitment.

The troops are build in blocks. It will add always 50 troops in the barracks, 20 in the stable and 10 in the workshop. The troop manager will continue until the total number of troops is reached.

Templates:
Via "Administrate templates" you can create new, delete and edit existing templates. All existing templates are listed below.

1. Create a new template:
Fill in the troops you want to have in the desired troops and set up the buffer, at last give your template a name and hit "Create new template" for saving it.

2. Delete a template:
For deleting a template check the boxes in front of the templates and hit "Delete", at last approve your decision.

3. Edit a template:
Hit the edit button in front of the template name and do the wished changes before saving the changes with a click on "Save".

Via "Administrate villages" you can go back to the village overview.

You can also add troop production for a single or multiple villages by ticking the checkbox before the village name. Afterwards you can add the troop numbers and values for the buffer from an existing template or you add them manually.

Don't forget to click 'Save' to apply the troop production.

Please note:
Troops are build in packages. This means that it will build 50 units in the barracks, 20 units in the stable and 10 units in the workshop only with each cron job.
Actually this means that you create a template for example like that: 1 spear, 10051 scouts and 2 rams and the troop manager will build 50 spear and 10 rams. So the troop manager produces a higher number of units than desired, in this case he will always build 50 spears and 10 rams.
[/SPOIL]

Farm assistant
[SPOIL]
With the farm assistant you can create two different templates containing different combinations of units to ease farming. The both templates are named A and B.

Create a new template:
To create a new Template click on 'new Template' in the first box. This opens another box at the right, where you can enter a description for the template and the troop numbers below that you want to use for farming.

Click on 'Save' to finish the template.

Edit a template:
Click on the template name you want to edit and the box will open again, where you cna change the description and your farm configuration. Don't forget to save your changes.

Delete a template:
Just click on the red 'X' behind the template name to delete it and confirm the alert.

Using the farm assistant:
There are two options how to use the farm assistant:

The first option is within the Account Manager, where you can find a table with the last reports (attacked villages). The reports / villages are ordered on descending report time actually.

In each row you will find three buttons named A, B and a magic C. The buttons A and B represent your created templates. Move your mouse over the buttons and you will see a tooltip showing the template name and which troops will be sent. Clicking on one of the buttons will send the troops to the village and the color of the buttons will become lighter to show that you already sent troops to this village.

The magic C button works a little bit different: it calculates the expected haul from the report and will send that number of troops that will cover the expected haul. After you clicked it, it will show you a popup with the troops that were sent. Please consider that this button can only be used if the report contains information about the building level.

Important: Please note that you can only use these options if you don't delete the reports!

The second option for the farm assistant is to use the map. This option requires the context menu to be active.

Clicking on an abandoned village will show two new buttons named A and B in the context menu, which also represent your templates. Clicking on one of the buttons will send the troops from the active village to the abandoned village without any delay.

General note: you can only use the farm assistant to attack abandoned villages!

[/SPOIL]

Market
[SPOIL]
To create a new trading route you can enter the coordinates directly, select one of your villages from the dropdown list or use the links 'Favorites', 'Your own' and 'History', which open a popup to select a village.

Then enter the quantities of each resource you want to send.

Afterwards you can select on which days and time a delivery shall be executed. Just tick the checkboxes for the weekdays or that one for 'all days' to select all weekdays.

You must set up a time, when the trading route shall be executed. Move your mouse over the info icon to see about possble time formats here.

To finish a trading route click on 'Create'.

Please consider that you can't create more than 50 trading routes in total! Also, trading routes can only be created for own villages.
[/SPOIL]

Village
[SPOIL]
AM - village manager

In this screen you will see a table with your villages and how they are managed actually. You can also manage your building templates here.

Create a new template:
To create a new template click on 'Vorlagen verwalten'. This will open a new screen. Just enter a name for the template and choose if you want to create an empty template ('Leere Vorlage') or if you want to copy one from an existing template. In both cases you can edit them later on.

You can crate max. 5 individual templates!

Rename a template:
Use the rename icon behind the template name to rename your template. The system templates can't be renamed.

Delete a template:
Click on the red 'X' to delete a template. The system templates can't be deleted.

Editing a template:
Click on the template you want to edit and you are re-directed to the edit screen.

On top you see a box with a summary of the building levels for each building. The levels will be updated as soon as you add new levels to the template. You will also see two addtional boxes below. The first of these two boxes will show all building orders that have been added already. In the second one you can add the levels for each building. Select the building from the dropdown list and insert the levels for the building you want to add. Click 'Add' to finish it. The boxes above will be updated immediately.

Very important: If you add 19 levels for the Village HQ directly, the AM will build these levels first before he starts with other buildings. So, don't enter the levels that shall be reached finally, but only the steps as you want to build it.

You can re-arrange the order of all building orders by dragging them (similar to the recruitment for example) and delete orders by clicking on the red 'X'.

Another option here is to demolish buildings by ticking the checkbox 'Überschüssige Gebäudestufen abreißen'. So, for example, if you conquer a village with market on level 25, but your style is to have it on level 20 only, it will demolish the market according to the levels you set up in the template (e.g. 20) as soon as demolishing is possible (loyalty 100% and village HQ on level 15).

To finish a template click 'Save'.

How can I assign villages to a created template?
Go back to the village manager overview and select a group. Then select a template from the template dropdown list. Tick the checkbox before the village name for all villages that shall be assigned to this template and click on 'Übernehmen' to apply it.

In both cases the box with the villages is updated and you can remove or pause villages from the template. Just select the action you want to do from the action dropdown list and click on 'Übernehmen'.

Another possibility to add a single village to a template is to go to the village HQ for the village and to go to the village manager then. You will find a box here, which is called 'Template ändern'. Select the template that shall be assigned to this village and click on 'Change'. The village will be managed by the village manager now.

[/SPOIL]

Overview
[SPOIL]
The overview shows actually 4 boxes:
  • Village overview
  • Village manager - templates
  • Last lootings
  • Warnings and recommendations

All boxes can be minimized by clicking on the right top corner. You can also move them to a new position depending on your preferences. Just click the headerbar of the box, hold the left mouse button and drag it to the new position.

1. Village overview
The village overview shows the status of all managers for the villages in the active group. Hovering the dots will show additional information.

Hovering a green dot for the market manager will show you how many incoming and outgoing trade routes are set up for this village.

Possible actions on clicking the dots in the village manager:
Green dot: will pause the village manager for this village
Yellow dot: will continue the village manager for this village
Grey dot: will redirect you to set up the village manager

Possible actions on clicking the dots in the troop manager:
Green dot: will redirect you to set up the troop manager
Grey dot: will redirect you to set up the troop manager

Possible actions on clicking the dots in the market manager:

Green dot: will redirect you to set up the market manager
Grey dot: will redirect you to set up the market manager

2. Village manager - templates
Shows all available templates for the village manager. Additionally it is shown how many villages are assigned to a template, how many are actually paused and how many orders are already finished.

3. Last lootings
Shows the last lootings, ordered by descending time of the reports. So, the latest report will always be on top. The dots and haul icons are similar to the report overview. Clicking on the village name will open the report.

Clicking on A or B will send the troops from the active village to the abandoned village to farm it.

4. Warnings and recommendations
Gives you additional information about the status of all villages of the active group. Hovering the icon in the last column will open a tooltip with recommendations to solve a "problem" and lead you to the particular manager by clicking the icon.

[/SPOIL]

Thank you to chisum for making these.

DeletedUser

It is a bug, it counts the system templates right now.

It's a BUG that there are <6 village build template, and as Phoenix states for such a late game, I see it as a SEVERE limitation to not have at least 10 village templates.

It's yet *ANOTHER* bug that AM don't allow a village to be uniquely build different from the templates.

PS: Phoenix, I've already logged >6 bugs for this release, and the worst is that in the beta (where they have <10villages for the top dogs) those bugs most probably wouldn't feature as I can't test with >100 villages ;(

Yes, I'm also a tad peefed again

DeletedUser656

Please note that there is a difference between a bug and something not working as you expect. A bug is something where the game is not working as the developer expected it. When it's not working as you expected, its a suggestion. While we take both bug reports and suggestions/feedback seriously, and I do agree with some of your suggestions, they are handled by two very different teams and by incorrectly reporting suggestions as bugs you are adding a lot of extra work to our team.

DeletedUser93439

It's a BUG that there are <6 village build template, and as Phoenix states for such a late game, I see it as a SEVERE limitation to not have at least 10 village templates.

It's yet *ANOTHER* bug that AM don't allow a village to be uniquely build different from the templates.

PS: Phoenix, I've already logged >6 bugs for this release, and the worst is that in the beta (where they have <10villages for the top dogs) those bugs most probably wouldn't feature as I can't test with >100 villages ;(

Yes, I'm also a tad peefed again

It does allow unique builds, you can separate a village.

If you want to test with a large nr of villages, go on zz2 and ask typhi, I suggest you tell what and why you want to do it and do so in an acceptable manner. Also keep in mind that zz2 is only for testing, no playing serious.

DeletedUser

Please note that there is a difference between a bug and something not working as you expect. A bug is something where the game is not working as the developer expected it.

Hmmm...
Nope.

It's a bug, if it does not work according to the specifications.

The problem here, is that I do not see the specifications document to work against, and again, in this late game play, I do see it as a bug when it's so severely limiting (And yes, here I do mean <6 custom village templates as being severely limiting)

When it's not working as you expected, its a suggestion. While we take both bug reports and suggestions/feedback seriously, and I do agree with some of your suggestions, they are handled by two very different teams and by incorrectly reporting suggestions as bugs you are adding a lot of extra work to our team.
Granted, but at least a decent warning (and the "front page" don't count as I get constant emails, and I prefer those email links to login to) with an InGame mail so we could test on Beta, would be appreciated (with the spec sheets ;) 'cause THEN I could've made those suggestions before they turned into bugs in real game play.

Put yourself in players like Phoenix's shoes: Suddenly one morning you wake up, your previous AM settings have been canceled as a new AM is in place... it's a real WT<e of choice>?? moment, and then it DO turn into a emotional battle, rather than a real handling of the true issue(s).

If I knew it'll be so drastic, I would've asked for access to Beta to test/suggest weeks ago, and it would've saved this animosity against INNO for the change.

Thus, even though I'll agree with the suggestion vs bug when I'm calm and rational, me (and most players being passionate about it) will see IT IS A BUG, not a suggestion, as it doesn't work. period.

Understand the emotional/psychological impact of the changes, and handle that, then you'll see us being more open to help you, rather than rant at you.

Hev.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It does allow unique builds, you can separate a village.

Nope, you'll have to explain in detail what I'm doing wrong, as I do the following:

Select village from OverView->Combined
Go to Village HQ
select Village manager
Options:
The already defined templates

Where do I specific this village it's own unique build for AM?
Previously I could tell the AM how I want *THIS* village to be build.

If you want to test with a large nr of villages, go on zz2 and ask typhi, I suggest you tell what and why you want to do it and do so in an acceptable manner. Also keep in mind that zz2 is only for testing, no playing serious.
Yes, I expect that from a beta server to be broken and restarted again and again and again ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stotty2009

Hmmm...
Nope.

Please note that there is a difference between a bug and something not working as you expect. A bug is something where the game is not working as the developer expected it.

Read what Morthy said. The specifications are what the developers set out not a player. Which therefore mean its a suggestion.

DeletedUser656

Hmmm...
Nope.

The problem here, is that I do not see the specifications document to work against, and again, in this late game play, I do see it as a bug when it's so severely limiting (And yes, here I do mean <6 custom village templates as being severely limiting)

Granted, but at least a decent warning (and the "front page" don't count as I get constant emails, and I prefer those email links to login to) with an InGame mail so we could test on Beta, would be appreciated (with the spec sheets ;) 'cause THEN I could've made those suggestions before they turned into bugs in real game play.

Put yourself in players like Phoenix's shoes: Suddenly one morning you wake up, your previous AM settings have been canceled as a new AM is in place... it's a real WT<e of choice>?? moment, and then it DO turn into a emotional battle, rather than a real handling of the true issue(s).

If I knew it'll be so drastic, I would've asked for access to Beta to test/suggest weeks ago, and it would've saved this animosity against INNO for the change.

Thus, even though I'll agree with the suggestion vs bug when I'm calm and rational, me (and most players being passionate about it) will see IT IS A BUG, not a suggestion, as it doesn't work. period.

Understand the emotional/psychological impact of the changes, and handle that, then you'll see us being more open to help you, rather than rant at you.

Hev.

You're welcome to continue reporting suggestions as bugs, but you won't achieve anything.

DeletedUser

You're welcome to continue reporting suggestions as bugs, but you won't achieve anything.

*sigh*

And there the *REAL* suggestion just went whoosh over your head ;(

And yes, it is sad that you did not grasp what I tried to convey to you.

A humble player

*sigh*

And there the *REAL* suggestion just went whoosh over your head ;(

And yes, it is sad that you did not grasp what I tried to convey to you.
Your point is you don't like that there are only 5 options for account manager village manager.
Quite obvious. You also want the devs to change it so there are more.

I think that is quite obvious to everyone involved. However you are saying it is a bug. Just because the game doesn't work the way you want it to doesn't mean there is an issue in the code. Otherwise, I would report it as a bug whenever I wasn't rank one.

DeletedUser

Any clue when the 'update' on the mass recruitment will be repaired so that:
1) It allows existing mass recruit scripts to work.
2) It allows you to read what its asking you to do...the crap is in German :p
3) If existing scripts wont work with the new update, posting a clue to use the damn thing since an inability to replace troops in 1000 villages simultaneously while under attack makes the game insufferable, and is exactly what the recruiting scripts are for and what this tool should do as well.

DeletedUser

Your point is you don't like that there are only 5 options for account manager village manager.
Quite obvious. You also want the devs to change it so there are more.

I think that is quite obvious to everyone involved. However you are saying it is a bug. Just because the game doesn't work the way you want it to doesn't mean there is an issue in the code. Otherwise, I would report it as a bug whenever I wasn't rank one.
You also missed the point.

ie. DO NOT DO NINJA SNEAKED IN UPDATES WHEN THINGS CHANGE SO DRASTICALLY

When you do those, and things can'tbe made to work that is expected to be working the way a user (ie. a player) uses and thinks about it (ie. not the way a developer thumb sucked it) it will be seen as a bug when you are trying to get things going under pressure.

If we had been warned weeks ahead of time: There is a new update coming, and it'll have some major "enhancements" that the developers *THINK* will be beneficial, then I could've gone and tested these new changes on the beta server(s), and gave feedback before hand, and then it would've been easier to guide my tribe members.

A humble player

You also missed the point.

ie. DO NOT DO NINJA SNEAKED IN UPDATES WHEN THINGS CHANGE SO DRASTICALLY

When you do those, and things can'tbe made to work that is expected to be working the way a user (ie. a player) uses and thinks about it (ie. not the way a developer thumb sucked it) it will be seen as a bug when you are trying to get things going under pressure.

If we had been warned weeks ahead of time: There is a new update coming, and it'll have some major "enhancements" that the developers *THINK* will be beneficial, then I could've gone and tested these new changes on the beta server(s), and gave feedback before hand, and then it would've been easier to guide my tribe members.

I knew about the update almost a month ago. If you feel the need to be outraged whenever an update that you dislike occurs, go to the work of making a beta account, they have been advertised in .net announcements, even so far as informing you about the 7.2 update specifically.

DeletedUser92806

New update again.. many cool things mixed with new things that piss off a bit. If mess recruit renders old scripts not working and new system has those "blocks" it can be some issue until getting used to this.
But there are two minor things that are so minor and so AWESOME!:

-Incomings Overview now defaults to 'Unignored' view - million dollar baby
-Maximum number of reports per page is now 100 - even better one

rich26ca

has anyone noticed any other lost script usage from the update? I refuse to pay more for an html game... the cost is high enough when you compare to other free games and going as far as wow basic account this game is catching up when factoring in new AM cost. so i get pissed off when scripts need to be recreated in order to play the game the way you did yesterday or the day before the update. I hate how this community updates.

I've been told that the updates screw things up as the code and position on page changes... if that is the case then so be it. but then wait and do larger updates so we don't have to go through this 5 and 6 times a year. if your wondering why less and less people are joining and even less are staying that is why the game rocks greed kills all... world 49 will be last. this community could have had thousands of other players stay if pricing and updating wasn't such an issue with this community. don't get me wrong i know this post will change nothing as the thousands of post just like it have resulted in no change but my hope is that even just one new player see's it and gets out before they get trapped with the game. greed and lack of foresight on user approval has always escaped TW admins grasp long before morthy it just simply continues.

Last edited: