Discussion: Version 8.5

DeletedUser

Whys it sad if you need a alias?
You may just want to change your name...

DeletedUser98628

I want to know if this means the people can buy advantages in resource production and troops, because that will ruin this game.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Dear Community,

Earn Flags by:
-Defeating your enemy's armies (like earning Paladin items)
-Creating noblemen
-Achieving awards
-Completing certain quests
-Purchasing expansion packs
-Inviting friends

Flags will not be activated on existing worlds. Our next world will have Flags enabled.

This has just made a definite decision on playing future worlds for me. I think the idea is fair enough - it's good to see the game evolving. But this has just been turned in to an advanced form of the "pay to win" system similar to the one set up on .us servers. I'd have prefered it if the buying your win settings were kept out of .net servers, but I guess more will start creeping in now :icon_cry:

DeletedUser103644

What is this?

This is another turn towards pay yourself to glory in start up/mid game.

You can buy flags? you can use flags from other worlds? Sure make it more unfair for those who are new to the game. I mean it is already unfair when it comes to skills ingame, So why not just throw out all who are new and the players who can not afford to pay for flags.

This update should not be released. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

I say no to pay for glory.

They should not be transferable to other worlds. Ever!

And more importantly if it becomes a pay to win thing with TW. The customer base here is not going to be very happy!

DeletedUser

This has just made a definite decision on playing future worlds for me. I think the idea is fair enough - it's good to see the game evolving. But this has just been turned in to an advanced form of the "pay to win" system similar to the one set up on .us servers. I'd have prefered it if the buying your win settings were kept out of .net servers, but I guess more will start creeping in now :icon_cry:

Only if our community lets it.

DeletedUser

Its not at all necessary, this flags changw. I'd have appreciated it more if game changes were made on tweaking the current system, for example, so much room for improvement in FA and the AM in general, a big source of income for innogames.

But I also understand the game must move forward and new things must be introduced, the flags system is unnecessary, but its a different setting. Some people will like it, some will not.
I'd only suggest this:
1. Don't make all future worlds flags, keep some with and some without, like archers/paladins/churchers/weapons.
2. Don't keep it account bound, keep it world bound, like the paladin weapons. New players find TW hard enough as it is with the "pro/experienced" players walking all over them, making the number of people playing tw fall with time, why make it worse?
3. Don't convert tribal wars a pay to win game. Pay to play is one thing, pay to win is another. That is very repulsive, and I see people not playing those worlds(and tw completely if flags are in all worlds) if this is the case. Please don't kill the game.

DeletedUser

Hilarious. Declining playerbase --> solution: draw more money from fewer leftover players, as opposed to increasing the playerbase.
This turns away new players (complicated, pay-to-win, advantages oldtimers), old players (pay to win, unnecessarily convoluted) and everybody in between.

DeletedUser

Purchasing flags is bad, agree with everyone else on that. But I like the flags themselves, if they were to be implemented there would have to be some sort of moral/time delay factor to keep it from being too overpowered for older players. Sounds to me that with some tweaking it could be really fun!

DeletedUser

Hilarious. Declining playerbase --> solution: draw more money from fewer leftover players, as opposed to increasing the playerbase.
This turns away new players (complicated, pay-to-win, advantages oldtimers), old players (pay to win, unnecessarily convoluted) and everybody in between.

Exactly.

A poor strategic decision by Inno Games, or whoever made the call on this. I am solidly opposed to this "flag" system.
If this update is implemented, Inno Games will have one less customer. There is no use competing in a pay to win system.

DeletedUser

1) Sad if you need an alias
2) I'm just a player as well on the forums
3) feedback is always bad.

Whats sad about using a different name in forum rather then IG? I have been a faithful supporter of TW for 4 years already. I began in W8, so I am in no way a 2012 beginner. Dont jump to conclusions and throw sarcastic remarks around without any backup. Secondly, I know more about army camps then many people who have played with them. I have not only used them myself, but I was the owner of the account they were most effectively used against while they were around! I did not mind the camps, but due to their unpopularity they were not viable to continue. I believe they had some technical issues with them as well.

As for having a Mod title, your remarks definitely do not reflect well on the position you are in. Either toning them down and/or removing the sarcasm would be a good first step there. To further support your comments, you could add a mature aspect to them!

Another question on the Flags. With the way they are planned right now, will it be possible for people to join W64, buy themselves some flags, and then come back to earlier worlds to use them to their advantage? That would in turn, require everyone looking for an upperhand to join the new worlds in order to get ahead in prior worlds.

That could very well change my plans for TW as well. As soon as people can pay their way in TW, I am out. Ill use up the PP I have and find myself a different game to play! Its sad that it always seems to come to this.

A humble player

Whats sad about using a different name in forum rather then IG? I have been a faithful supporter of TW for 4 years already. I began in W8, so I am in no way a 2012 beginner. Dont jump to conclusions and throw sarcastic remarks around without any backup. Secondly, I know more about army camps then many people who have played with them. I have not only used them myself, but I was the owner of the account they were most effectively used against while they were around! I did not mind the camps, but due to their unpopularity they were not viable to continue. I believe they had some technical issues with them as well.
Obviously not. Army camps were one of the most well liked updates ever, however they used a different basic form of coding (java instead of php?) and so caused absolutely massive lag issues on all game worlds they were supported on.
As for having a Mod title, your remarks definitely do not reflect well on the position you are in. Either toning them down and/or removing the sarcasm would be a good first step there. To further support your comments, you could add a mature aspect to them!
The views of moderators are the views of that specific moderator. I've seen mods thta abhor changes, and they voice them. Do not think for a second a mod is voicing the opinion of innogames.
Another question on the Flags. With the way they are planned right now, will it be possible for people to join W64, buy themselves some flags, and then come back to earlier worlds to use them to their advantage? That would in turn, require everyone looking for an upperhand to join the new worlds in order to get ahead in prior worlds.
no
That could very well change my plans for TW as well. As soon as people can pay their way in TW, I am out. Ill use up the PP I have and find myself a different game to play! Its sad that it always seems to come to this.
k

DeletedUser656

Just to clarify a few points:

Flags won't necessarily be turned on on all new worlds.

The ability to purchase flags is an option, we do not yet know if it will be used on .net.

It's unlikely Flags will have any large effect on stopping new players from coming to the game or lasting more than a month.

DeletedUser

meh i disagree with this feature. just like i disagreed about army camp.

this summer game on master server might be my last game after all, seeing that there is new premium features to buy your glory and whatnot, now this.

Nope.

DeletedUser

Obviously not. Army camps were one of the most well liked updates ever, however they used a different basic form of coding (java instead of php?) and so caused absolutely massive lag issues on all game worlds they were supported on.

Saying they were one of the most liked is far from the truth. And as I said, they had some technical issues as well. Thank you for clarifying!

The views of moderators are the views of that specific moderator. I've seen mods thta abhor changes, and they voice them. Do not think for a second a mod is voicing the opinion of innogames.

I never said he was doing anything other then voicing his opinion. As always, opinions should be welcomed, and if he disagrees with me that is totally okay. I was merely mentioning that having the title of Moderator should require some respectful boundaries when it comes to posting on the externals. What was said wasnt wrong, but how it was said was the issue that was pointed out.

Lets not turn this into a flame war, as this is not the time or the place. I think we have all stated our piece and we can leave it at that!

DeletedUser

So in the worlds where flags are not turned on, you wont be able to transfer your "powers" either? It will act as sort of a Paladins item, except it is transferable only to the worlds that carry this flags setting?

The ability to purchase flags is an option, we do not yet know if it will be used on .net.

Lets hope not! Would definitely re-create TW to something many of us dont want to see or take part in.

DeletedUser

The idea of transferring flags from 1 world to another is outrageous. a few months down the line, players will be able to transfer flags from an older acc. it would be like transferring them from w60 now to w64 when it opens. (yes, i am aware they will not be put on w60. i am applying the age gap of the worlds as reference). It will give an outrageous advantage to existing players...

This alone will kill the game. I am not even joking. If old players have an advantage over new players, even less new players will join than we currently have and the game will die quickly, outright.

2nd, im curious as to what 'expansion packs' are? I am not too fussed if there are only 2 or 3 1-time purchase expansion packs that give you a couple flags each, like a downloadable attack planner, or like a downloadable notebook style thing with bb-codes or just random extra goodies... but if there are too many i will just quit the game altogether. I regularly buy PP because i like the game... but i can not afford to buy the win, where others will. i play to win and if others have an unfair advantage because of their bank balance i will not want to play

DeletedUser

Saying they were one of the most liked is far from the truth. And as I said, they had some technical issues as well. Thank you for clarifying!

I believe many of the major tribes on W47 merged into one, and ended the world early to protest of the removal of army camps.
So, while there may have been some who disliked the change, there was certainly a lot of people in the TW community that really enjoyed them.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure there will be a very large segment of the TW community that will be pissed off if you can buy these flags on .net - me being among that segment. If it is implemented I would like to see a limit on it - you can only buy x amount of flags. That way Inno gets their money and we still get a relatively fair game.

DeletedUser

im down for earning those flags by playing the game..
buying it? Nope.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

It's unlikely Flags will have any large effect on stopping new players from coming to the game or lasting more than a month.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Is it possible to have some sort of confirmation when you know whether the purchasing flags option will or won't be brought to .net?

This is the only negative I see personally to the entire suggestion, although it would be a well suited option for a server where you can already buy advantages that are not included in Premium or AM.