Discussion: Version 8.5

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Cool! but that still doesnt stop the transferrable thing between worlds.

Look at w50. that world is about 18 months old now...

W50 was a 1 coin per noble setting, right?

Needless to say, Morthy already pointed out current worlds won't affect Flags.

And, chances of another 1 noble per coin setting coming out, and that one having flags too, is quite unlikely I suspect. Choosing a really unique world in terms of unusual settings for .net as an example isn't a very effective way of making a point.

DeletedUser93439

Just so people realize, the lvl 5 bonus flags still aren't that massive a difference. Below is an improvised table on how high the bonus is for each level (which you'll be able to see in the flag overview anyway). Also, humble forgot a step (by my calculations) on how to get 1 lvl 9 flag:

Level - # needed to get 1 lvl 9 flag
1 - 6561
2 - 2187
3 - 729
4 - 243
5 - 81
6 - 27
7 - 9
8 - 3
9 - 1

I highly doubt those will cause a massive danger anytime soon.

Flagtype - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

Production - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 17 -18%
Recruit speed - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 19 - 20%
Attack power - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10%
Defensive - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10%
Luck balancing - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 19 - 20
Population - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10%
Coin costs - -10 - -12 - -14 - -16 - -18 - -20 - -22 - -23 - -24%
Haul increase - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 19 - 20%

DeletedUser80608

Flags will not be activated on existing worlds. Our next world will have Flags enabled.

Why not add it to previous worlds aswell? New elements would be nice.

A humble player

Just so people realize, the lvl 5 bonus flags still aren't that massive a difference. Below is an improvised table on how high the bonus is for each level (which you'll be able to see in the flag overview anyway). Also, humble forgot a step (by my calculations) on how to get 1 lvl 9 flag:

1 - 6561
2 - 2187
3 - 729
4 - 243
5 - 81
6 - 27
7 - 9
8 - 3
9 - 1

You are correct.

DeletedUser71925

People will want to win. They will want flags to win. They will buy the expansion packs to get the flags to get the bonuses early on and all throughout the game. InnoGames is after all a business. I see what you did there IG. Kudos. Still don't like this idea. Will see how it works out once 8.5 is released.

DeletedUser

W50 was a 1 coin per noble setting, right?

Needless to say, Morthy already pointed out current worlds won't affect Flags.

And, chances of another 1 noble per coin setting coming out, and that one having flags too, is quite unlikely I suspect. Choosing a really unique world in terms of unusual settings for .net as an example isn't a very effective way of making a point.

W50 is a regular old coin world, its just 2x speed. If you want to be picky, look at w51 or 49, both have/had large players. And my point isnt that they will be enabled on current worlds (because they wont) it is that in 2 years time, when w64 will be at the same point as worlds are now, players will be able to transfer flags from w64 to whatever world is open then... say w80 for example... if the game is still going by then... which i doubt it will.

1 - 6561
2 - 2187
3 - 729
4 - 243
5 - 81
6 - 27
7 - 9
8 - 3
9 - 1

what does the # represent? rank? villages? i don't get it. or does it mean you need 6561 level 1 flags to get a level 9 flag or... im confused. I get its all proportional powers of 3, but dont get what that hash is supposed to mean.

Are you daft? if nothing else, look at the haul increase. That gives troops an extra 14% carry capacity. Surely you know at startup that that is a big deal. that gives LC a haul capacity of 91 instead of 80... which might not seem like much, but when put in prospect, a player that knows what they are doing will do better with an effective 114 lc compared to 100.

it will just push oldies and pro's further ahead of the new guys, and kill the game.

Close enough. you get my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser93439

Yes, it is by powers of 3. the "#" represents the amount.

You need 81 lvl 1 flags to get a single lvl 5 flag. I know the amount of capacity increase.

Currently, the oldies & "pro's" will start at 'zero' flags just like the new guys. Players will have to choose between having one village with a slightly higher bonus or having a lot of villages with a small bonus, you can't "downgrade" flags. Granted, having one big bonus has a start up advantage, but one village with 26.400 population won't kill 20 villages with 24K, let alone if you do use the actual lvl 9 - lvl 1 comparison for all of those stats.

I also recall that bonus villages would be killing the game by the way.

DeletedUser71925

For those who are too lazy to read 4 pages and see this midway page 3

Which brings me to my 2nd point. As turnip pointed out. Older players who got big on a previous world will absolutely destroy the little ones at startup because of the transfers. Would be better if it was world-specific. An add-on feature. It would give players something to work for.

DeletedUser93439

Which brings me to my 2nd point. As turnip pointed out. Older players who got big on a previous world will absolutely destroy the little ones at startup because of the transfers. Would be better if it was world-specific. An add-on feature. It would give players something to work for.

For the record, the oldest flag world is W 64

As far as I'm aware, not all 50.000 starting players will reach 100 villages and definitely not all 3000 that actually do will play a new world anytime soon, and just about 500 of those (rough estimates) that will be playing a new world will probably not use the global exchange that much because of the advantage loss in their older world.

DeletedUser

I have found ignoring the new updates completely seems the best solution as I have done in W60 in the case of the secrets. This flags thing is silly and over complicates the game. New players don't want to be overwhelmed by extraneous gameplay and it also disbalances the metagame for the pros. A good game for TW to emulate is chess. Few pieces, infinite possibilities. You can teach someone to play chess in half an hour, but it takes a lifetime of practice and dedication to get to the top level. TW does have depth, but it also has a multitude of pieces, which makes the game hard to grasp for newcomers.

8 units (I also think archers and MA are superficial and extraneous units) + nobles, 14/16 buildings (minus the statue and hiding place...though I see legitimate cases for both). Nothing more is needed on a gameplay level. I am but glad that I have a chance of leading a tribe to win a world before TW sacrifices its gameplay and memberbase for gimmick.

DeletedUser71925

For the record, the oldest flag world is W 64

As far as I'm aware, not all 50.000 starting players will reach 100 villages and definitely not all 3000 that actually do will play a new world anytime soon, and just about 500 of those (rough estimates) that will be playing a new world will probably not use the global exchange that much because of the advantage loss in their older world.

No, but I'm sure that someone who grew to only, 10 or 15mil before quitting, in fact, make it 1-1.5mil before quitting a world, would still be at a greater advantage than someone who was starting off new (or under a new name). Doesn't matter what lousy excuse IG come up with, a majority of players, even at the top, will not like the feature.

Like I said earlier, we have to wait and see how it plays out before we can actually judge it, but from the sound of things, the game is being ruined. And I won't be surprised if that's how it turns out.

DeletedUser

I haven't played long enough to be able to comment on the flags ruining the game or not. However I do see flags as a way to keep players in a world longer. From what I've seen people (not all) tend to quit after they make a crippling mistake (left troops at home and were cleared overnight etc)
Instead of quitting and waiting for the next world they would be more inclined to restart and build up their flag count so they would have a better chance next time. I've read tribal wars is losing players so in my mind these flags could possibly keep players from leaving.

My second thought is the flags will cut down on alias usage. This would make future worlds more difficult for all the pros as well known players (from what I've been told) often get spiked non stop. I understand spikes wouldn't mean these players wouldn't still be successful but it would slow them down a bit and help make the playing field a little more even for us newer guys (if only slightly)

Paladin606

Sorry I'm late,just came across this flag thing. I agree with the many posts before this one,While I appreciate the TW staff working hard to improve this game,I sometimes feel their attention wanes away from actual "usefulness". Flags,churches.ect. imo are good to keep as a Setting that can be chosen. Flag Worlds should be a choice,and nothing but your stats and reputation should carry over from other worlds.

I have played for years with certain settings and had hoped to find a new world with settings close to those I'm familiar. If it comes to pass that I do not enjoy playing with this new Flag idea what then? Is my only option to "bugger off" and play an older world already running or stop playing TW all together? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Glad to hear from you morthy that .net will not be turning into a 'buy to win' server!

However, the transferable option is going to seriously affect TW's decline, something we need to reverse not accelerate!

DeletedUser

After four years of being out of the loop in this game I come back to huge number of changes which in turn are quite disappointing. I remember when the game was simple, and easy to learn. Personally, that is what made the game so much fun. Am I stating that these new changes are "bad", absolutely not. However, Tribal Wars had something special back in the day and it looks like those days are gone. Guess it is time to cater to the next generation of gamers.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thank you Morthy. I know from the posts you have made over the years you have fought very hard to keep this a none pay to grow faster type server and with mounting pressure things can not be easy for you at times.

New settings come often which is nice to see that some think about the future, would also love some AM upgrades (tec levels please).
Just do not have time for start ups what a fail I made on W62 :( I notice UK has a 2 village start world out soon would be nice to get one with a couple of 100 so as to have something to play with & not micro manage. Who knows may even see a world reach the rim with such an option.

File Not Found

I'm pro flags as an option, I'm NOT pro flag as a global, and NOT pro flag as a transferable.

Lower the requirements for flags, and tie them to a single world, not the account.

Atleast Morthy has made sure they wont be bringing the pay to play/win, settings to .net, but overall, this implementation of flags is dissapointing.

A world is meant to be self contained.

Last edited: