Discussion: Version 8.5

DeletedUser

Yes, it is by powers of 3. the "#" represents the amount.

You need 81 lvl 1 flags to get a single lvl 5 flag. I know the amount of capacity increase.

Currently, the oldies & "pro's" will start at 'zero' flags just like the new guys. Players will have to choose between having one village with a slightly higher bonus or having a lot of villages with a small bonus, you can't "downgrade" flags. Granted, having one big bonus has a start up advantage, but one village with 26.400 population won't kill 20 villages with 24K, let alone if you do use the actual lvl 9 - lvl 1 comparison for all of those stats.

I also recall that bonus villages would be killing the game by the way.

I know that current oldies will not get bonuses, i am talking about 6 months, a year, 2 years down the line, after w64 has opened and we are a few worlds past that. When there are at the least, 1m + accounts on w64.

those who have accounts on w64, will have an advantage over those who didnt have an account prior to that, or those who chose not to join w64, or 65, or any of the first few worlds with flags.

Further, you are honestly telling me that the current world hoppers will not take huge advantage of this? They will play 1 world until they are bored, like usual, start a new world, move the flags over and put the old account in delete, and repeat.

Flags are also tradeable among players. You can not tell me a player who is permanantly leaving the game will not trade all their valuable flags over to those who want them for ones the other party do not want.

Also, as far as i am aware, there is a quest where you get a random flag. What will stop me from making an account on every open world after 64, doing startup till i get said random flag, restart (where quests restart) and just repeat, over and over again on worlds i do not want to play?

Your reference to bonus villages is ludicrous. You do not start with bonus's at startup. You need to noble bonus villages, to get the major bonus. Yes, you can farm bonus resources villages and in theory get more resources, but the difference is minor, and everyone is near enough on the same boat, as most people will have some form of bonus village near them.

There are no bonus villages to reduce coin minting cost. There are no bonus villages to increase haul capacity. Which are frankly the 2 most dramatic flags implemented. At startup, it will just be put a flag to increase hauling. As soon as you get an academy, the reduced coins/packets one. Then as soon as you get a train (or 3 nobles from level 3 academy for packet worlds), either the luck balancing or the attack power ones.

That is just at startup.

As soon as mid and late game comes, it will just be about whoever is most active with their markets, moving res to the villages with minting flags, and the active players putting the hauling flags in every other village - making late game even crappier than it already is. It favours those who are most active, and rewards you for playing the game more than other people... not for being better.

I like what they in theory encourage. They encourage you to attack. They encourage you to farm. They encourage you to play the game, to get them - Just the same as paladin weapons. However, while they will have this effect in the short term (w64, 65, maybe 66) it will have the opposite long term, once people already have all the flags they need to have an advantage over others.

While i do not like them for a single world anyway, moving them from world to world is insane.

A humble player

I know that current oldies will not get bonuses, i am talking about 6 months, a year, 2 years down the line, after w64 has opened and we are a few worlds past that. When there are at the least, 1m + accounts on w64.
1 million point player, they have made 150-200 nobles, maybe earned 500 flags overall through awards, OD, everything. They might, maybe, with lots of luck, have a level 5 flag, in most cases, only level 4 of any given type.
those who have accounts on w64, will have an advantage over those who didnt have an account prior to that, or those who chose not to join w64, or 65, or any of the first few worlds with flags.
Yes, but then I have an advantage over new players anyway.
Further, you are honestly telling me that the current world hoppers will not take huge advantage of this? They will play 1 world until they are bored, like usual, start a new world, move the flags over and put the old account in delete, and repeat.
And get what, 30 flags?
That's useful
Flags are also tradeable among players. You can not tell me a player who is permanantly leaving the game will not trade all their valuable flags over to those who want them for ones the other party do not want.
on a 1:1 basis of equally leveled flags. you can't trade a grey flag for 10 black ones.
Also, as far as i am aware, there is a quest where you get a random flag. What will stop me from making an account on every open world after 64, doing startup till i get said random flag, restart (where quests restart) and just repeat, over and over again on worlds i do not want to play?
A random level 1 flag
Your reference to bonus villages is ludicrous. You do not start with bonus's at startup. You need to noble bonus villages, to get the major bonus. Yes, you can farm bonus resources villages and in theory get more resources, but the difference is minor, and everyone is near enough on the same boat, as most people will have some form of bonus village near them.
IN EDIT
There are no bonus villages to reduce coin minting cost. There are no bonus villages to increase haul capacity. Which are frankly the 2 most dramatic flags implemented. At startup, it will just be put a flag to increase hauling. As soon as you get an academy, the reduced coins/packets one. Then as soon as you get a train (or 3 nobles from level 3 academy for packet worlds), either the luck balancing or the attack power ones.

That is just at startup.

As soon as mid and late game comes, it will just be about whoever is most active with their markets, moving res to the villages with minting flags, and the active players putting the hauling flags in every other village - making late game even crappier than it already is. It favours those who are most active, and rewards you for playing the game more than other people... not for being better.

I like what they in theory encourage. They encourage you to attack. They encourage you to farm. They encourage you to play the game, to get them - Just the same as paladin weapons. However, while they will have this effect in the short term (w64, 65, maybe 66) it will have the opposite long term, once people already have all the flags they need to have an advantage over others.

While i do not like them for a single world anyway, moving them from world to world is insane.

DeletedUser

1 million point player, they have made 150-200 nobles, maybe earned 500 flags overall through awards, OD, everything. They might, maybe, with lots of luck, have a level 5 flag, in most cases, only level 4 of any given type.

And how long does it take a player to get to 1m on the average world. 3 months? You are missing the point. Even then that is an advantage. What about a 5m player? a 10m? later on.

Yes, but then I have an advantage over new players anyway.

So you want more advantage? you want it to be easier?

And get what, 30 flags?
That's useful

Yes... lol. That has the (granted, unlikely) potential for a level 4 flag. Even if you dont get that, its still a few extra level 2 flags. or a level 3.

on a 1:1 basis of equally leveled flags. you can't trade a grey flag for 10 black ones.

Well, obviously. Still, a quitting player will just trade off theyre good flags for equal numbers of the flags which arent so good.

A random level 1 flag

A flag nonetheless. as i said, repeating it. I can do that once a week. get a group of friends to do it and trade flags with friends to get a good number of the same flag.

Which edit?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

Alright I am a bit late coming to this so had to do a ton of back reading and seeing alot of old faces that don't grace most of the forums very often so nice to see the controversy of flags brought us all together...I do have to say this though everyone has been crying about wanting to have "Pro" worlds...well flags would give innogames the ability to start duel opening worlds again...if I start a successful account on w64 later down the road they open w99 and w100 one with flags and one without then when I join w100 everyone that joined that has experience can compete with their flags etc...so doing that that would not be to bad but opening worlds the way they are right now I agree they should not make Flags transferable over worlds..

So what I am saying is if you want to make the flags transferrable then make so that every flag world you open you duel it with a non flag world with the same settings...Or just make them non transferable other then that this suggestion in general was ASKED for by the tw community, not in the exact form it is right now but if you back read all the discussions about bonus villages in the suggestions forum WE ASKED FOR THIS...we asked for coin bonus villages and the ability to move our bonus villages etc etc...flags just make a village a bonus village...the way they implemented this may not be the best or how we like it...which is why we discuss here to get things fine tuned to what the community as a whole wants...Just my opinion here.

DeletedUser

Alright I am a bit late coming to this so had to do a ton of back reading and seeing alot of old faces that don't grace most of the forums very often so nice to see the controversy of flags brought us all together...I do have to say this though everyone has been crying about wanting to have "Pro" worlds...well flags would give innogames the ability to start duel opening worlds again...if I start a successful account on w64 later down the road they open w99 and w100 one with flags and one without then when I join w100 everyone that joined that has experience can compete with their flags etc...so doing that that would not be to bad but opening worlds the way they are right now I agree they should not make Flags transferable over worlds..

So what I am saying is if you want to make the flags transferrable then make so that every flag world you open you duel it with a non flag world with the same settings...Or just make them non transferable other then that this suggestion in general was ASKED for by the tw community, not in the exact form it is right now but if you back read all the discussions about bonus villages in the suggestions forum WE ASKED FOR THIS...we asked for coin bonus villages and the ability to move our bonus villages etc etc...flags just make a village a bonus village...the way they implemented this may not be the best or how we like it...which is why we discuss here to get things fine tuned to what the community as a whole wants...Just my opinion here.

Dual worlds were being opened when tw had the member base to support it. It no longer does. Worlds are struggling to fill any more.

All future worlds will have flags. it has been stated.

About your last paragraph - rewrite it. i dont understand what your point it with it

DeletedUser94483

Ok...Yes I know why duel worlds are not being opened it was a point about the transferable there...I know it states that all worlds will have flags I was basing that statement on alot of people wanting it to be a setting similar to churches...not every world having them and those that do are transferable.

Sorry about the second paragraph was running to eat dinner. If you go and look through the suggestions forum at all the posts about bonus villages...almost everything that is workable is combined to make what the flags are. All the flags show to be is a different form of bonus village combined with trading cards.

We have suggestions on making more diversity to bonus villages and moving bonus villages and converting normal villages to bonus villages...looks like inno rolled all those suggestions into one package with some features a good portion of us do not seem to like Ie the ability to transfer between worlds which from the looks of it is the only real problem with the system left besides the occasional complaint about the complexity. I agree with you about not transferring them between worlds and treating them more like paladin weapons. These features though are just a slightly modified version of things that the tw community has asked for. Hope that clears things up.

DeletedUser

Ok...Yes I know why duel worlds are not being opened it was a point about the transferable there...I know it states that all worlds will have flags I was basing that statement on alot of people wanting it to be a setting similar to churches...not every world having them and those that do are transferable.

Sorry about the second paragraph was running to eat dinner. If you go and look through the suggestions forum at all the posts about bonus villages...almost everything that is workable is combined to make what the flags are. All the flags show to be is a different form of bonus village combined with trading cards.

We have suggestions on making more diversity to bonus villages and moving bonus villages and converting normal villages to bonus villages...looks like inno rolled all those suggestions into one package with some features a good portion of us do not seem to like Ie the ability to transfer between worlds which from the looks of it is the only real problem with the system left besides the occasional complaint about the complexity. I agree with you about not transferring them between worlds and treating them more like paladin weapons. These features though are just a slightly modified version of things that the tw community has asked for. Hope that clears things up.

Now i get you.. and while yes, a lot of the community did ask for them, what we all agree on is the world transferability.

DeletedUser94483

Yep lol....alot of different views but all converge on that point....So maybe a poll should be run...just saying alot of people even ones that like the concept mostly disagree with the transferability...

DeletedUser

I have a hard time taking your objections seriously when you post things that are completely false.

Hmm. I am sure i read somewhere they would be on all new worlds. Forgive me for 1 thing being wrong.

sday03

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Not a fan of whats being proposed. The transferability between worlds is just a bad idea, as many have already made clear.

DeletedUser

Something that has been left unexplained is 'expansion packs'

what are they? i get you can not buy flags, but the way it was worded... expansion packs seem like things that are a 1 time download. That, i have nothing against, as long as they arent game changing.

DeletedUser94483

I agree even if we are not going to have them for .net knowing what they are would be nice...

DeletedUser48443

Remove the "Pay for Expansion packs"

Put a village limit like AM before your allowed to use them on a "new" world.

I can't imagine what kind of upper hand I would have, if I had all the flags I would have earned from winning w22/23, and using them on world 62, or any world for that matter. I think it would be to much of an advantage, unless bonus's given by the flags aren't very much, and in that case, why even have them.

This will be an interesting development, but if it goes to where you can pay for flags, I'm done playing TW.

DeletedUser93439

Put a village limit like AM before your allowed to use them on a "new" world.

I can't imagine what kind of upper hand I would have, if I had all the flags I would have earned from winning w22/23, and using them on world 62, or any world for that matter. I think it would be to much of an advantage, unless bonus's given by the flags aren't very much, and in that case, why even have them.

This will be an interesting development, but if it goes to where you can pay for flags, I'm done playing TW.

Read thread again, then talk about 'pay for expansion packs'

Read my previous post about the bonus for every flag

Read some more and you'll know how many flags you get from winning a world and how useful they will be on w62.

DeletedUser95593

Not sure if it has been answered or not but will the flags be replacing bonus villages?

If not will they be used together on the same worlds?