Discussion: Version 8.5

DeletedUser106856

I think .net should be different from all worlds.

Should not let you buy your way through flags/reduce building costs or time or anything.

.Net is a worldwide advanced server and should stay that way.

DeletedUser94483

Because I am getting tired of it being reposted over and over again.

SO FAR AS IS CAN BE IT IS STAYING THAT WAY STOP COMMENTING ON THE PAY TO BUY FLAGS IDEA AS THAT IS DEAD IN THE TRACKS.....

DeletedUser106856

^^^ loooooooooooool

On other worlds you get 3 flags for 100.pp

Garrock

You're quitting because you don't want TW to make flags purchasable, and they aren't, but because they aren't, you want them too because then that'll make it fair, but that means you'll quit? That makes sense.

I'll spell it out a bit more clearly.

Despite that I'll not play a flags world, be it through earning them and being able to transfer them to the next world, or purchasing them, or both. I have tried to make the point that, you cannot allow the legacy system without also allowing the purchasing of flags in later worlds, otherwise the game favors even more-so those who are more active or more skilled, and from the get go create imbalance at the very start of a world.

It is a natural assumption and simple logic to assume, that, even if flags cannot be purchased on w64, that future worlds must include the purchase incentive, it is the only way to keep the playing field even, at least potentially. This still favors those who are a) more active or skilled or b) have access to more money than others, or both.

Flags would be ok if they were limited to the world they are earned in, and were not items that could be purchased.

This game has a diminishing appeal, and this is just, in my opinion, proof that the time of TW is coming to an end.

DeletedUser93439

I'll spell it out a bit more clearly.

Despite that I'll not play a flags world, be it through earning them and being able to transfer them to the next world, or purchasing them, or both. I have tried to make the point that, you cannot allow the legacy system without also allowing the purchasing of flags in later worlds, otherwise the game favors even more-so those who are more active or more skilled, and from the get go create imbalance at the very start of a world.

It is a natural assumption and simple logic to assume, that, even if flags cannot be purchased on w64, that future worlds must include the purchase incentive, it is the only way to keep the playing field even, at least potentially. This still favors those who are a) more active or skilled or b) have access to more money than others, or both.

Flags would be ok if they were limited to the world they are earned in, and were not items that could be purchased.

This game has a diminishing appeal, and this is just, in my opinion, proof that the time of TW is coming to an end.

Activity will still be the most important part, does that not make sense? Every industry wants its products to sell, game industry needs people to be active for it to 'sell'.

Flags will not have a huge impact on start up, as you can't have multiple flags in one village, and changing flags every 24 hours is a very inefficient way to handle things.
It gives the game a new layer of tactics, as for example you have to choose if you want to have faster troop recruitment or a stronger defense (among others).

Garrock

Activity will still be the most important part, does that not make sense? Every industry wants its products to sell, game industry needs people to be active for it to 'sell'.

Flags will not have a huge impact on start up, as you can't have multiple flags in one village, and changing flags every 24 hours is a very inefficient way to handle things.
It gives the game a new layer of tactics, as for example you have to choose if you want to have faster troop recruitment or a stronger defense (among others).

Activity is and always will be the primary factor that separates us. Quite honestly the "skill" required to be good, along with a little common sense, can be learned quite rapidly through either trial and error, or tutelage from a more experienced player. This however does create an element that favors the more active players, or those with more money. To compound this advantage, they will now allow that to be carried over from world to world.

You say it won't make much difference in start-up seems a bit naive, when in start-up resources, attack capability, hauls, troop levels, build speeds, etc... are of such huge importance.

DeletedUser656

If we activate the ability to purchase flags on a future .net would it will be because we wish for this market to generate more revenue and won't have anything to do with what you described.

Garrock

If we activate the ability to purchase flags on a future .net would it will be because we wish for this market to generate more revenue and won't have anything to do with what you described.

And that is actually quite sad.. if you are determined to move forward with flags, then to maintain equality, or the potential of, then you must allow those who have not accumulated from prior worlds to purchase equal footing.

This is an interactive strategy game, and to allow one player an unfair advantage over another is the equivalent of allowing some professional athletes to use performance enhancing drugs, while excluding others from that privilege. A drastic comparison to be sure, but true nonetheless.

There is a certain amount of good faith and trust necessary between consumer and supplier to ensure a good product is provided for the customer.

I know your heart is in the right place Morthy, and am sure in the end you'll do what you feel is best for .Net. But you must keep the playing field even brother.

Anyway, whether my opinion has merit or not, is just a matter of perspective.

Good-luck

DeletedUser94483

Garrack did you ever think it might be an attempt to encourage players that want to play long term to compete against each other and guide players that do not have that advantage away from flag worlds until they have the abillity to earn them properly?

DeletedUser99322

Flags idea does add another layer of complexity so thumbs up there but I'm with everyone else on not letting flags be used on any world; it's just impractical.

Also the thing that'll bug me quiet a bit:

Inexpensively recreate noblemeninactive

What!!!! That give a massive advantage to those with a faster internet connection. Unless I'm misunderstanding? If I make10 packets for my 10th noble, and then he dies I have to make another 10!? That sucks.

Also could someone give a more detailed run though of how the flags work? I know it's (flag number wanted -current flag number)^3 but how exactly do you upgrade the flags? Do they have to be flags of the same type? It makes sense that they would. What's the chance's of getting a flag for each of the things?

-Defeating your enemy's armies (like earning Paladin items)
-Creating noblemen
-Achieving awards
-Completing certain quests
-Inviting friends​

Does defeating nobleman always give you 1 flag? or does it give you 10? How many flags do i get for inviting a friend? How big an army do i have to destroy to get a flag? etc.

As a player who's planning on starting the new world after being away for a year (world 49 vet) this does look interesting but MORE INFO NEEDED!!!!!

Also I assume coin cost works for packets as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105452

hello, i am dragonsjet2,and i think the flags are a good addition,but i have a few suggestions:
1. If you have a world with both flags and weapons it turns the game into pure luck
2.If you have flags carry over to other worlds, new players would have such a big dissadvantage, so i suggest to get rid of that feature.
3.Adding flag trade Between flag lvs would be great because then the value of certain flags could be formed based on player demand (ie, if people want the rescource production, they should be able to put an offer to trade a blue population flag for a gold rescourse flag,in other words, if you have a flag that everyone wants, you would be able to get large amount for it just as if everone needs wood, you shoul be able to sell wood for a large price)
4. PURCHASING flags would also make it more unfair and more of a buy-to-win game

DeletedUser

Either I'm an idiot, or I'm not seeing an option to combine flags. No "combine flags" options, dragging flags together, or any possible way I'm seeing. Can't find a video or "how to" viedo either. :icon_redface:

A humble player

when you have 3+ of one type, a little up arrow will appear in the bottom left corner (or the one without the number). Click on it.

luc6

Problem is to make money Inno should force people to buy premium
You could play free without premium 1 month after your account is locked….. Why play an online game without supporting the game

Each tribe i go to and sit account 3/4 does not have premium and it is very sad that 1/2 here plays without them and inno has to find ways to make a living on this game

I am for the buy to win for TW to exist and not cease cause many member cannot buy premium.. Even PS3 and XBOX has ways to make people pay for services..

DeletedUser

PS3 is free to play online.

Inno doesn't generate all its profits from your £5 a month, and this would cause people to leave this server. Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

DeletedUser105452

Problem is to make money Inno should force people to buy premium
You could play free without premium 1 month after your account is locked….. Why play an online game without supporting the game

Each tribe i go to and sit account 3/4 does not have premium and it is very sad that 1/2 here plays without them and inno has to find ways to make a living on this game

I am for the buy to win for TW to exist and not cease cause many member cannot buy premium.. Even PS3 and XBOX has ways to make people pay for services..
wok so you want someone to buy the win in a world for $1000!?!?!?!!?? not compete for it?

luc6

wok so you want someone to buy the win in a world for $1000!?!?!?!!?? not compete for it?

Dude the server survive on the money they make.. Playing free should not even be allowed, or if so, in a time limit.
i played since 2006 always with premium… even buying 5K at a time… it is not expensive to play

Also SirEwok yes PS3 certian games you pay…. NHL 2012 buy packs at like 2.99 for 24 cards.. 20$ will last you 10 minutes lol

DeletedUser

Indeed, NHL 2012 you are able to buy packs of cards(/players). Is that mandatory? No. Does it cost you to play online? No. Did your example back up your statement? No.