Discussion: Version 8.7

DeletedUser47445

^^^

Agreed.

Although my map works just as well now as it did before, id trade to be able to. Use my farm assist again.

Or heck, cut off a few choice body parts to go back to the last version.

DeletedUser

My map now works fine. All other issues so far have been fixed. Even the farm assistant works. Still alot to be desired and I can't wait for more features and improvements.

DeletedUser107713

I have a premium account and for some reason the timer doesn't appear above barracks or stables to let me know when recruitment is finished. Please change this back ASAP.

DeletedUser107713

There's also no way to contact support from in game. I had to come here and register to bring this to tw support attention.

DeletedUser

My phone really doesn't like this new version, it's a shame - the last version was really neat.

DeletedUser

I am playing on an ipod and have the following issues

1. The map accessed from the 'game' section is completely unuseable. It seems to be recreating the format used in the normal version which i have set to 20x20. This means that only a tiny portion is visible on screen at any time and that scrolling is almost impossible.
2. The controls on the game screen are too small. This was an issue with the old version but there are many more now and you just cant hit them with your fingers accurately
3. Accessing the map in the overview does not consider which village i have selected in the game screen. So to access the old style (excellent) It always centers and selects the first village alphabetically. This means that if i want to use this map format for farming i have to rename my villages each time.
4. The graphics seem to be taking ages to load. The old version was really fast and simple which is what you want on a mobile device
5.I just tried to use the top scroll bar and it has disappeared. Scrolling is very jerky and the rally point screen has the swirly update icon on it all the time, almost like its constantly updating, which it is.

Can i ask you to roll this change back please. It makes it almost impossible for me to play the game on my device. Alternatively provide an option to switch back till the problems are resolved.

The old version had flaws but it worked, which is more than i can say for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good lord above.... I nearly burst into tears seeing this new update and I havent logged back into tw since. I have played this game 5 years and I have gone through a raft of changes and MOST have been amazing, but this one.... this one has left me speechless.

I use an iphone to play, and when I tried to navigate the top scroll bar everything froze. I have tiny fingers and I couldnt seem to hit the right control once.

I looked at the map on my phone and nearly threw up. WTH Morthy, normally you are so good with these things as a player yourself that I expected this to be more user friendly, rather than mind bogggling.

The old version had its problems, sure, I wont deny that, but this version IS NOT user friendly.... I know you all wont roll back to the old version, but at least have the functionality put in so that the players who want too can go back to the old version.

As for the graphics.... OMG.... why would someone who plays on an iphone want graphics??? the old version was faster and more effective because it didnt have the graphics to slow it down.

Please rethink some of these changes... I know you are doing what you think is best for the advancement of them game, but when it comes to mobile devices, these changes have ruined the game for so many.

DeletedUser656

As mentioned numerous times already, we did not change the map in this update. You can still access the improved iOS map from the 'Overview' tab within the app.

As a temporary solution, after clicking 'Map' from the header you will now see a button saying 'Open map in iOS version'. Clicking that will open the iOS version with the right village.

I've also just submitted a new version of the app to Apple for review which will fix the root issue.

Typhi

There were some issues with the mobile version related to iOS6 earlier (buttons not working) - the fixes have all been rolled out, please let us know if there are lingering issues.

DeletedUser

I am completely unimpressed by the new mobile version. No side scrolling available, thus I am unable to see anything to the right of trhe ranking on the menu bar. The mobile version used to be playable, now to play on my blackberry, I have to use the non-mobile version and stare at 1 point type instead of using a decent mobile version.

This update totally makes the mobile version un-playable for me and considering I spend more time logged in on my phone than my PC I'm pretty disappopinted in this update.

:(

sathom

Also i'd like to add how slow it is now. I could careless about fancy graphics the old version was fine. Plus half of the type is in white and the back ground is almost white. Hard to see none the less.

DeletedUser

The app is in development, not sure, but android is a bit tricky I think due to the various different devices it runs on.

Thanks for the fast reply. Is there any way to know around the time that it will be released? I would love to try it out.

Typhi

Also i'd like to add how slow it is now. I could careless about fancy graphics the old version was fine. Plus half of the type is in white and the back ground is almost white. Hard to see none the less.

Could you maybe show us a screenshot of the text issues you are describing?

Additionally:
A low graphics version is certainly something that could make sense for people playing on limited bandwidth. Which graphics in particular would you want to see ommitted in such a low graphics version?

DeletedUser5883

Re graphics in the mobile/app versions, I'd like to see a version that basically looks like the classic version of desktop. I certainly don't want the building graphics taking up more line height than the text, so those can go in the village HQ screen. Ditto with unit graphics in the rally point and recruitment screens (overview & individual buildings). Basically, the idea is to keep page height at a minimum to minimise scrolling. It's the one thing I'm finding annoying with online play since obtaining the tablet - there's more graphics/more obtrusive graphics in the mobile version (no Android app yet!) than there is in the classic desktop version and the amount of up/down scrolling is annoying.

The other thing I'm finding annoying is the link back to the village overview isn't locked in place; if you have a lot of links in your quick bar, scrolling to the right looses the village overview link. Can the quick bar be on a separate line to the other links?

Top bar: Standard links to overviews, reports (scrolling)
2nd bar: Village name link | Map | Navigation arrows | Resources | Farm space (fixed)
3rd bar: Quick bar links (scrolling)

I will say that on the whole I approve of the new version; at least now I can actually revoke research! Previously, I couldn't using the mobile version and had to wait until I got to the desktop. Also, it now works with Chrome - very useful because of the magnify ability which doesn't seem to be available in FireFox Beta.

DeletedUser656

Just a small note: We released an update today that should have made the top menu significantly easier to use in Android (and slightly easier in iOS).

DeletedUser107713

I still do not have the timers above my barracks and stables telling me when recruitment is finished. WHY?! I pay for this with a premium account! I play with an iPad, I'm not understanding TW's difficulty with such a small matter.

If its not broken, don't fix it!

DeletedUser5883

Rufelza you canget this to work in chrome for Android? How?

Not a clue. When I first got my Nexus 7, TW loaded in Chrome but you couldn't do anything. I tried again after this update, and it seemed to work. I could navigate around the village overview, and could queue buildings. I haven't tried anything else, I'll have a good play tomorrow when I have the time.

DeletedUser

I have the galaxy Nexus. Also running jelly Bean. And since your post in have tried Google chrome. And it works now. I also had problems playing the game.

Thank you TW. You've made the game compatible with the best browser on android.

DeletedUser107772

I have a problem at the moment, having clicked the 'try mobile version' button. Now I can't get back to the original version and am unable to access the account I'm sitting. Can anyone help me get the old version back?

P.S I tried clicking 'more', then 'settings' and it just takes me straight to my profile!