Dulce Bellum's Unofficial Blog

DeletedUser

Getting ganged up on in an argument that you already had no chance of winning.

What did I not win?

You and others called me an underhanded leader. I showed your reasoning to be wrong.

Others attempted to tell me I shouldn't be proud of what I achieved, and I still am. Well, let's face it that was also a hopeless argument.

DeletedUser

*ahem*

You were an underhanded leader, consistently attempting to break up alliances, recruit enemies, and more. Just because you didn't directly keep spies, doesn't mean you weren't underhanded. You failed to respond to any of that, unsurprisingly, before you tooted your own horn some more and claimed victory in argument.

No one told you not to be proud. No one cares what you're proud of. But no one remembers 2nd place, or that guy who reminisces about how he got the tribe so far with questionable methods and didn't stick around. That's you, in case you missed it.

Do what you will in W69, adios amigo.

DeletedUser

You were an underhanded leader, consistently attempting to break up alliances, recruit enemies, and more. Just because you didn't directly keep spies, doesn't mean you weren't underhanded. You failed to respond to any of that, unsurprisingly, before you tooted your own horn some more and claimed victory in argument.

2. Yes, I did recruit from the enemy. But this is not underhanded on my part. There is nothing deceptive about this, I made it perfectly clear that I would do this from the beginning when i started recruiting Wobble members. If you argue that they lacked loyalty, then that is their wrong, not mine.

In their defence, however, not mine, loyalty does not just come from a tribe tag under a username. A tribe does not own its players and they are not required to remain there because they have to. Loyalty to a tribe comes down to much more than a tag under a username, it is a reflection that player has to the rest of their tribe. Whilst I played, no player from what I saw ever had loyalty or bond to Wobble. They had loyalty to small groups of friends who were all willing to leave with each other if the opportunity arose. Plenty of factors lead to this, but the end result is that Wobble did not gain their loyalty and I did.

Same applies for the breaking of alliances. I did not break mine. It is underhanded of whoever was breaking their alliance.

DeletedUser

un·der·hand·ed
/ˌəndərˈhandəd/AdjectiveActing or done in a secret or dishonest way: "an underhanded method of snatching clients from rivals".

You attempted to keep all of this a secret as you were doing it. You wouldn't tell me in chats either, for fears it would go to Wobble.

Clearly underhanded, so your point (as usual) is dead in the water. The others might've been dishonest, but your machinations were underhanded as was your encouragement.

DeletedUser

As i also said but you failed to remember leaders are also critisized based on the human resources they have in their tribe and the circumstances they become leaders on.

You mean like Godliss and Justin did, being offered duke to bribe them into the tribe?

I will explain what i mean giving a football example.
Ana took care of a Real Madrid team (aka wobble) who had been failing to communicate and did well organizing all these big egos together.
When Nadir took care of TB! it was a team playing in the second league of the Spanish National Division. He managed to take it from there and put it playing in the Champions League final against Real Madrid. This is pure success in my eyes.

Wrong, TB! are more like Man City. Before recent times they were a mid - table club, nothing special but not as bad as you are making out. Then owner (Nadir) waved his cheque book (privs) to bring new talent into the club (tribe). Won the prem, then got cocky shouting you were going to win the big prize (champions league). After dropping out of the champions league and having players refuse to play, such as Tevez for Man City some of your best members have left/quit. (TreX, Paolo, .WW) Your cracking under the pressure, as Man City this season by not retaining their prem title.

Or-El you are misintepretending my quote because we have different opinions on what has happened. My personal opinion is that TB! has gone really too far based on the quality of the players we have in our tribe. Thus, if you want me to judge the whole TB! project from the start to now, i think it has been fairly succesful.

You recruited from the enemy... That is where your quality has come from.

This is making both of them succesful in their own way.
That's the story. Live with it.

ps: i dont talk any more about Dallow's mentality cause i understand he is your friend and you dont want to face the reality. Good friend of you anyway :D

Lol, again as Nadir cried You know nothing about me (cries loudly), how dare you judge me (moan moan moan). Say all the shit you I'm not going to lose sleep

You know Naz if you keep speaking about me I can act like Nadir more, saying i have a group of haters and i hate the spotlight... (moan moan moan).

I love the spotlight though :p

DeletedUser

un·der·hand·ed
/ˌəndərˈhandəd/AdjectiveActing or done in a secret or dishonest way: "an underhanded method of snatching clients from rivals".

You attempted to keep all of this a secret as you were doing it. You wouldn't tell me in chats either, for fears it would go to Wobble.

Clearly underhanded, so your point (as usual) is dead in the water. The others might've been dishonest, but your machinations were underhanded as was your encouragement.

I made it clear that I was going to recruit players I wanted from wobble since before the war even began. The word underhanded also has an obvious derogatory implication which you are forgetting over your typical pedantic oversimplification of the word given in the connect that it has been used in this thread.

Once again you continually attempt to win petty sideline arguments whilst avoiding the crux of it where you cannot respond, meanwhile forgetting everyone is falling asleep reading your endless definitions and corrections.

And I was so right not to trust you with any important information in chats, as you later proved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You claimed to have won the argument because you claimed to have discredited the claims that you were an underhanded leader. The definition was given to enforce his use of the word underhanded in his argument. How is this a sideline argument, when you believed you had won the argument by discrediting it?

DeletedUser

Because in the context of the accusation, you have failed to prove my actions underhanded in a derogatory sense.

If you really want to be a pedant in using that definition then everyone on this game is underhanded for not sharing their attack plans etc. making the original point rather bizarre.

By the way Dallow, your analogy of man city is completely incorrect. I did not have money, our paid players to pay for TB with premium etc. I recruited the God players through diplomatic skill, making TB respectable and overall a more attractive place to be than wobble.

Nor was Godliss or Justin bribed into joining. Neither asked for duke privs. I voluntarily gave them after they already agreed to join.

musological

eugh...

this thread is now lowering the collective spiritual integrity and intelligence of the human race.

To Nadir: I'll give you your props: You worked hard and for a short time you brought a challenge to the world and to Wobble. Fighting wars on all fronts, including the two TB tribes and AAA as well as smaller ones on other sides was fun. But I think if you're honest you would also admit that it was just a bubble, always fated to burst.

To Naz/Combo: you enjoyed crowing to me on skype not so long ago, and I told you then I didn't care about the inactive freebies you guys were munching on, coz you wouldn't get past Bunny Queen. I was 100% true to my word. To say, as you did above, that our account wasn't participating is laughable — it's called strategy mate. And with the situation at the time it did call for some well thought out and patient strategy on my part to draw a line, hold it and advance. I don't think I have anything to prove in the forums here, my record on the field speaks for itself, and anyone that's actually tussled here or there with me I'm sure would agree if they were being honest.

For Godliss: I'm as guilty as anyone for assuming and jumping to judgments, and claiming it was purely based on stats or just gamesmanship can only go so far to excuse. I actually have spoken a lot with Godliss more recently and she's a cool person just in an impossible position. There is only so much anyone could do, and I'd like to see someone step up and put the work in to do a better job, if they reckon they can.

For Ana <3: It's easy for people to come on here and take pot shots, but they don't know the work that goes into keeping a top tribe sharp and motivated and warring, and that is down to Ana. And her hard, and smart, work; and in no small way the loyalty she inspires in the wonderful people that believe and work with her. Simply cannot be under-estimated.

To all TB'ers and Wobblers: Enjoy the fight... there is no such thing as winning, not really, not in life. Life's a struggle and there's no prize to lay our arms down to rest. It's why we fight. So I hope everyone enjoys this game that we choose to play together; it is a competitive game, perhaps the most hardcore competitive game there is, but still at the end of the day, we're all in it together.

muso

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you actually read correctly, your 'money' was the privs that were handed to anyone that joined you from wobble (Duke / Baron / Council).

Also in regards to you being underhanded, I was not arguing that at all, I know you were playing underhandedly and have no wish to have a senseless argument with you saying that you were. I know you were and thats enough for me. I told you that you can't say it was a sideline argument when you, claimed to have won the argument through it.

DeletedUser

Ah, that's the much more considered and mature Muso I remember. :)

Muso, you are a very good payer and I'd have you fight alongside me any day. I, for the record don't have a problem with Ana either, I just naturally wanted to defend my reputation. I did always think TB! had a chance of winning, and it very nearly did. However, Wobble had already monopolised most of the best players in the world, I wasn't going to win just sat on my arms letting the war go past my eyes.

And Dallow, no member was invited with any promise of privileges.

DeletedUser

I have just one thing I can't just get past....
What does pedantic mean lol XD been used so much and I'm like 'uuuuhhhh pretty new word'
Ofc I can google it but we're having such a nice conversation ;)

DeletedUser

Now I have to prove that your actions had a certain tone? And I'm the pedant?

Definition provided. You met it. Game over. The only people falling asleep are those reading about how now I have to prove a tone and connotation because you're too scared to admit you're wrong.

You made a post saying "I proved I was not underhanded and that I'm proud of what I did". I responded saying you were underhanded, and you can be proud by tooting your own horn all you want. How is any of that utilizing a sideline argument? Desperation, because you know you've lost. Just like you ignored my previous post, because you couldn't even answer part, though I'm sure you'll claim you were "tired of arguing" as your excuse again like last time you were proven incorrect.

Yeah, nice jab. You were plenty underhanded in how you acted over Skype too, if memory serves. But unless you want to beat that dead horse (and lose) again, you might as well stop posting. But as I keep saying, you won't. You want the spotlight and you want to pretend everyone is out to get you despite you bringing it on yourself.

DeletedUser

That's what I said! But he had to dredge it up from a month ago :icon_neutral:.

DeletedUser108883

I would say stopping with the "He did this and She did that" would help :)

DeletedUser

Please remember ALL ban discussion is forbidden on the forums. Thanks.