Errr, so... (AKA, I don't bite much, I swear!)

DeletedUser

There is a man sat in his car by the side of the road. He is Dead. A bullet hole in his head indicates the cause of death. the car is locked from the inside and there is no gun in or around the vehicle. The car has not been damaged in any way. The windows are shut and are in perfect condition.

How did the man get shot?

DeletedUser

Lol dumb riddle.

It's like the guywho hung himself in the middle of a room :p

DeletedUser

There is a man sat in his car by the side of the road. He is Dead. A bullet hole in his head indicates the cause of death. the car is locked from the inside and there is no gun in or around the vehicle. The car has not been damaged in any way. The windows are shut and are in perfect condition.

My gf's car has a function by which you can close the windows fully by pressing the switch once when the engine is off, so in theory the person could have shot the man with the window open then shut the window :p I'll have a think though and answer later. Is there anyone else in the car? When you say "locked from the inside" do you mean to say that there is evidence to prove that it wasn't or cannot be locked using a remote?

DO you like lemon pie?

Not a fan of lemon really!

DeletedUser98416

Petnquaranlor said:
My most played character was Bosmer Stealth-Oriented character... Light Armour, Marksmanship, Blade, Restoration, Sneak... stuff like that. Oh, and Armourer, because I got tired of having to carry a gazillion repair hammers :D
Armorer is also nice cus as soon as u get that skill over 50 (if i remember well) u can repair magical weapons and armour :icon_wink:

I mostly played Dark-Elf , born under Shadow star, Nightblade class (Restoration, Destructive magic, Light Armor, Blades, Atletics, Acrobatics and conjuration i think)... sometimes i tend to make my own class but i mostly played this :)

Have u watched Skyrim gameplay trailer? if u have what are ur thoughts about upcoming super uber awsum game? :3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My gf's car has a function by which you can close the windows fully by pressing the switch once when the engine is off, so in theory the person could have shot the man with the window open then shut the window :p I'll have a think though and answer later. Is there anyone else in the car? When you say "locked from the inside" do you mean to say that there is evidence to prove that it wasn't or cannot be locked using a remote?

Ok the keys are inside the vehicle with the driver of the car

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by door1531
Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.
I got this far when I was answering the rest of the questions. Unfortunately I don't think It leads to the solution. I think it required being able to know which is the random god in one question. Then you can ask the True and False Gods two questions, which you already know the answer to. One which they will answer the same (to get the meaning of da and ja) and one which they will answer differently (once you know the meaning of da and ja, a question which differentiates the two is simple). Potentials for the first question involve mixing 1 and 2 I have stated below into one - it gives you less immediate information, but you might be able to get around that by changing the later questions.

OK. So the random god is obviously a spanner in the works, but I think there is a way you can isolate it. If you start with A, and ask a two questions (each question asked to one god, not one question asked to all three gods each)

1. If I ask B is it a god, what will it say?
2. If I ask C is it a god, what will it say?

Now, if A is NOT Random, then it cannot conclusively answer either 1. or 2., as there is no way of knowing whether the answer will be true or false if B or C is random. So then if both questions are answered, that means A must be Random, and if 1 or 2 isn't, then B or C, respectively are Random.

That leaves two gods.

1) We start with the assumption that A is random. Then both questions were answered, but we have no idea of their meaning. B and C then True and False, it remains to figure out which is which.

2) Without loss of generality, we can take one instance of circumstance 2 and similar will hold for the other. In this case, let us assume 2 wasn't answered, in which case C is random. Therefore A and B are either true or false. In this case, we might be able to extract some information from the original questions.

Edit: @knight-saber: your solution is incomplete. Say they answer da, da and da. which god is which?

See Bold this would never happen,

Reason: By asking the three gods a yes or no question, lets say "are you a god?" you know the answer is yes. and for arguements sake da=yes.

Now the truthful god will answer yes.

The lying god will answer ja=no

The random god will answer either da or ja.

By asking this question you will have either 2 da's or 2 ja's meaning you can eliminate one god from the equation.

Should you end up with 2 da's then you have found the lying god.

If you have 2 ja's you have found the truthful god.

both the truthful and lying gods will always answer differently in a yes and no question if you know the answer to it you can rule out one of the gods, then its a matter of figuring out the random one from the other.

DeletedUser

Pre-ordered skyrim, I get it earlier than the Americans, coz of time zones woot XD

DeletedUser98416

Pre-ordered skyrim, I get it earlier than the Americans, coz of time zones woot XD
Lmao :D ima gonna quit everything else when it comes out... cus i will be too buisy playing it :icon_wink:

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Isn't it possible to lock a car's doors when the doors are still open? And then you close the doors? Or at least that's how it works with every car I can think of. :p

DeletedUser

Or be inside the car to shoot, then open the door, get out, shut & lock the doors, and leave?

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Or be inside the car to shoot, then open the door, get out, shut & lock the doors, and leave?
From this close, the bullet would probably go through the man and damage the car or windows...

I was thinking more along the lines of shoot him elsewhere, stick him in the car, lock and leave the keys, then close the doors.