Feedback Dynamic Nightbonus

.Yoda

People who complain about this are the the top players with co-ops. it seems like they forget there are lots of people who dont have co-ops judging by this thread.

People saying it's easily abusable if for example a player has NB 00:00 - 08:00 by timing the attacks to hit at 08:01, but you know whats even more abusable? People not having co-ops and hitting them while they are asleep without NB. It's pretty easy to figure out someones timezone if they dont have co-ops.

People complaining it will kill co-oping while also complaining the worlds are small must be joking, how can you not see the irony in this? Of course some people who co-op will quit, but I guess most will play on seperate accounts instead of co-oping now and thus making the worlds larger.

I agree that the cooldown period should be every 7 days though instead of 14.
Being able to choose whatever 8 hour interval instead of 3 sets also seem logical.

where have you been all my life <3

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Those with coplayers currently can literally just play as normal, and continually change their night time protection time slot regularly. Every 2 weeks there could be a different 8 hr period where that person have 100% defensive buffs. Extremely hard to plan around and an unnecessary advantage for people currently co playing.

As for abusing people who dont have co players, almost everyone starts in that situation. Play a few worlds solo, meet people. Then start co playing. On 104 i played solo and hit a million pts. Its absolutely doable (unless your mc daddy, then your doomed to be rimmed every world).

The only way this works well is if co playing is outright banned, something i feel would result in far more backlash than even the delayed support idea got.

DeletedUser123996

Those with coplayers currently can literally just play as normal, and continually change their night time protection time slot regularly. Every 2 weeks there could be a different 8 hr period where that person have 100% defensive buffs. Extremely hard to plan around and an unnecessary advantage for people currently co playing.

As for abusing people who dont have co players, almost everyone starts in that situation. Play a few worlds solo, meet people. Then start co playing. On 104 i played solo and hit a million pts. Its absolutely doable (unless your mc daddy, then your doomed to be rimmed every world).

The only way this works well is if co playing is outright banned, something i feel would result in far more backlash than even the delayed support idea got.
That is in no way an advantage? Please explain, I dont see how thats an advantage for co-ops.
I agree it's hard to plan around, unless the information that that player has NB at this timeslot, which I dont know if has been determined yet.

Lol dude, your last argument is basically "I did it so everybody else should be forced to go through the same as I did." New players don't have a co-op and will obviously struggle against a person with a co-op. This is such a bad way to keep new players, even if you are a no life freak who can play 16 hours a day, you will not be able to hang with a person with 3 co-ops running the account 24/7.

The only arguments for not having this feature implemented is: "Me and my co-ops wont be able to get easy villages from players who dont have co-ops when they are asleep." and "I went through the struggles of playing a few worlds solo, and now that I have a co-op I want to make new players go through the same struggles as I did"

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
how is it not an advantage? Your have 24 hr coverage anyways with co's and a changing 8 hr time period where that account gets a huge defensive buff? say you find out 1 day that they have NB 0-8:00. You op them the next week only to find out that their NB is actually 8-16:00 now, and your op got screwed because of it.

As for "i did it so everybody else should be forced to go through the same as i did". Just git gud kid idk what to tell ya. Go make a friend or two and co play an account ;)

"Me and my co-ops wont be able to get easy villages from players who dont have co-ops when they are asleep."
This is kinda wacked out too ngl. Just cause the account is solo does not mean itll be an easy village to get, asleep or not bahaha. If i really wanted easy villages I would just go find whatever account you were on and noble it fella

White-Shadow

Reaction score
This time i think one of you ran into a brick wall, asperin inbound forhead pounding x1100, if you guys want to be usefull bring back a oldschool type setting world.

DeletedUser123996

how is it not an advantage? Your have 24 hr coverage anyways with co's and a changing 8 hr time period where that account gets a huge defensive buff? say you find out 1 day that they have NB 0-8:00. You op them the next week only to find out that their NB is actually 8-16:00 now, and your op got screwed because of it.

As for "i did it so everybody else should be forced to go through the same as i did". Just git gud kid idk what to tell ya. Go make a friend or two and co play an account

"Me and my co-ops wont be able to get easy villages from players who dont have co-ops when they are asleep."
This is kinda wacked out too ngl. Just cause the account is solo does not mean itll be an easy village to get, asleep or not bahaha. If i really wanted easy villages I would just go find whatever account you were on and noble it fella

Your point is only valid if we don't have the knowledge that the person has NB or not. If we do, Buhu, you have to change your OP's timers. Cry me a river.

I have friends and I do in fact co-play lol.

You are arguing in bad faith. Come on man, do you honestly disagree that it's easier to noble people without co-ops than people with co-ops? Tell me.

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
so because some people are at a disadvantage the game must be changed to accommodate them?

DeletedUser123996

so because some people are at a disadvantage the game must be changed to accommodate them?

No? But when people come here and say the servers are too small and pointing out that a lot of people are quitting while simultaneously making co-ops less of a factor in the game out to be a bad thing, I am going to call it out. I am playing w110 atm and it literally only has 4 continents that are full. Thats sad. I very much would like more players to play the game. Idk, it seems to me all you want is to save your ego and have less competition.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Make this a setting for different worlds rather than mandatory and it's a greater idea. TW has so many worlds it would be so easy to make worlds that appeal to new players (previously just casual but it seems Inno wants to expand the casual reach of the game). Utilize the fact you have so many worlds to make worlds that can appeal to the hardcore demographic and others to new players.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I like the idea in principle but it needs tweaking or adjusting because its currently very very strong in certain situations and might actually shift the late-game war meta.

I think it is great idea for new players. I think people forget we are the (mostly) comprised of the vocal hardcore subset of the community. I think this will be great opportunity for them to somewhat even the playing field. I'd imagine quite a lot of them get quite disheartened when they login for the day and see they have been cleared and farmed while asleep by some more active veteran next door. Currently quite an effective strategy at all stages of the game for active players is to essentially work out when your opponent is asleep and then attack them at that point. Its understandably viable but in an ideal game it shouldnt really be a go-to tactic for defeating your enemies. Can hardly brag about being a good player if you just rely on being more active and attacking people while they are asleep lol. It should be something that is doable but has downsides, a night bonus solves this problem quite nicely in principle.

However i also think this is again something thats not been thought through to its fullest conclusion by the development team. Talking primarily from the pov of mid-late game this makes defending incredibly more powerful and accessible for everyone, particularly for people like myself who usually coplay most of the time. This is because the biggest problem most people have is being burnt out of the game. Everyone has thresholds for what they are willing to do for the game in terms of time/money/etc and once that limit is reached them its pretty much gg and they lose. Often wars are determined by which tribe has more stamina than skill, the tribe that (as a tribe unit) has the most time they are willing to invest into the game will win, not always but often. But with the new night bonus it becomes incredibly easy to avoid burnout and its also pretty easy to exploit it like so:

The majority of the playerbase is EU time-based, i'd say roughly 60% or so and most ops will land on an eu-favorable timescale (no data just eyeballing and experience). Given those two facts the best time for me to set my nightbonus will be 16:00-00:00, even though i am awake during those times. This is because it basically stops all EU evening ops and greatly lessens the impact of EU morning ops. Half of the damage from an OP comes from the follow up after nukes land. So long range nukes hit long range def then over the next X hours local nukes skirmish with local def and you try and get caps that way. By setting my night bonus to start from 1600 then that really limits how much local skirmishing my opponents can do to me. Essentially now the only way to OP me will be to time it for EU night time. Which is fine for me as i always play with an american CO and additionally given most of the playerbase is EU timebased its always quieter and easier at night (within reason). So its basically a win/win. I can now relax every evening and not have to spend my leisure time each day defending. It will probably reduce my workload by at least half. That means realistically i wont really ever burn out because im always going to have a break from the game. Which invalidates pretty much the entire attacking meta in lategame wars. I dont mind leaking my timezone or future plan to the public because there is nothing anyone can do about it

And if my american co wants a break for his/her evenings? Well then we can just rotate around weekly no problem :D

So all-in-all. Great change for new players. Fantastic, game breaking change for nerdy defenders like myself. It will now be much much harder for attackers to overwhelm defenders through brute-force and activity (good in principle). No more lazy yolo attacking, you have to fight people face to face and see who has the most skill.

But this is actually a problem because defending is a lot easier than attacking once you know what you are doing so i think this will tip the balance too far towards the defender. For right or wrong currently the game design is balanced around activity and this is really unfair to give such an insanely overpowered tool to the defender without any compensation towards the attacker. I would suggest to compensate attackers by something like a flat 25% increase strength to rams. This shouldnt impact new players too much but will help mitigate this incredibly powerful defending tool for the mid-late game. Also helps to flatten the ridiculous PP walls strategy which i dont think literally anyone enjoys.

edit

As others have said it shouldn't be retroactive. Not fair to people putting in their hardwork and to have the meta rug pulled out from under them mid world. New worlds only please (or at least only w111 because baby world anyway)

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback so far guys! We'll be addressing a few concerns later today, but I already want to clear up one misconception:

The feature would be a game setting such as church, watchtower, archers - it needs to be enabled or disabled on a per world basis.
This has the following consequences:
1- This will not be retroactively applied to existing worlds. So if you started a world without this feature, it won't be enabled there either.
2- In the future, it would be announced along with other world settings (like church, .. ), so you could choose not to play a world with this setting activated.

I will also update this in the announcement post, and address possible other concerns later today. So far, please do keep the feedback coming. We are actively reading and forwarding it to our development team!

Thanks!

mch123

GG tribe-wide coordinated ops - against watchtowers, against delayed support and 1/3rd of a tribe with 100% defence bonus.... You just don't want worlds to end?

This whole nonsense about 'evening the playing field' is going too far. You even the playing field in the rules and regulation, not by creating broken features to prevent good, intelligent, active players from being able to exercise their ability.

Lyon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I like this might force people to stop putting 14 players on their accs & that way we might end up with a lot bigger worlds. And people can finally stop geeking this game 24/7 and get some proper sleep. I wanna see one person saying theyll quit actually quit you know they can do whatever and people will still play. Like i said i like this idea its decent for us solo players

As far as mods wanting to extend the worlds as a bad idea? Look at the state of tw, every single world ends quickly because of people not being able to defend properly. People like to play early game but refuse to play end game cuz they dont know how to defend.103 terrible ending with a backstab, 105 shitty world since day one, 106 had potential but ended pretty fast, 107 dont know much about it, 108 absolutely terrible, 109 probably worst world ever, even tho its early i can mention w110 rank 1 tribe has double the lead of rank 2..
Most of the worlds end with mass deletion, merge, backstab etc pretty much 90% because people dont have time to defend or dont know how to properly defend ‍♂️ I think support is going in the right direction for new people and stopping people from no lifing, they just wanna improve your lives

Also pls add emojis to externals already

Last edited:

crymerci

Reaction score
No one seems to be reading between the lines of the recent changes. It seems obvious to me that Inno has given the TW team a directive to increase the playerbase, and it also seems obvious to me what the "or else..." in that equation is. So if you want to keep playing this game we love, and you don't like the announced ideas, you should get busy spamming the suggestions folder with your own ideas.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
People who complain about this are the the top players with co-ops. it seems like they forget there are lots of people who dont have co-ops judging by this thread.

People saying it's easily abusable if for example a player has NB 00:00 - 08:00 by timing the attacks to hit at 08:01, but you know whats even more abusable? People not having co-ops and hitting them while they are asleep without NB. It's pretty easy to figure out someones timezone if they dont have co-ops.

I don't usually have a co-player. But I still complain. I do not need yet another indicator that I'm at my weakest during certain hours.

DeletedUser123996

I don't usually have a co-player. But I still complain. I do not need yet another indicator that I'm at my weakest during certain hours.

Lmao dude it literally takes 2 minutes to find out your usual tw playing habits.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Lmao dude it literally takes 2 minutes to find out your usual tw playing habits.

Very true for the worlds that I play without a coplayer, which is most worlds if I'm being honest. But if you have one co-player that doesn't fully cover the account, do you really want people knowing "hey between 16:00-00:00 is the best time to launch"? TWStats doesn't always provide that information during startup.

DeletedUser123996

Very true for the worlds that I play without a coplayer, which is most worlds if I'm being honest. But if you have one co-player that doesn't fully cover the account, do you really want people knowing "hey between 16:00-00:00 is the best time to launch"? TWStats doesn't always provide that information during startup.
I think people would rather have that option instead of waking up with 5x reports where people farmed you while you were asleep yes.

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think people would rather have that option instead of waking up with 5x reports where people farmed you while you were asleep yes.

or if your good enough you wont get farmed bud. Just cause it happens to you doesnt mean it happens to everyone