Half-price, half-quality.

DeletedUser

Is this what w24 is becoming? A barb-nobling fest? A contest, as to who can cannibalize the most villages? A matter not of war, not of power, not of gaming, but of... collecting? Like an artist, who decides to buy drawings, rather than sketch himself.

Fun? Perhaps, if you're one of those kind of players. Interesting? I thought not.

I'll give you a brief, very brief glimpse into the current state of the world.
[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Deus
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: S²ORMe
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers:

Side 1: 2,682
Side 2: 4,386
Difference: 1,704

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 393
Side 2: 465
Difference: 72

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 25,182,432
Side 2: 41,715,052
Difference: 16,532,620

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 3,625,704
Side 2: 4,347,699
Difference: 721,995

chart

[/spoil]
Huh, stats? What does it mean!?!1 I'll tell you what it means. The amount of war related conquers dropped to ~15% for Deus and ~11% for Storm.

World war? What war?

Why is this? It's simple. Players delete. Players leave. Change worlds. Jump accs. Quit. Why is it a problem? Because of the incessant barb-whoring this results in. We can all agree that barbs are easier to noble than the enemy. And when a mate turns barb in your back yard, well, you 'have' to clean it up, right? And it's cheap, so.....

WRONG! Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Why? It's a vicious cycle. Do you really believe you can gobble up all those barbs, 'before the enemy does'? Do you really believe that you'd be using those villages 'to build nukes for the war'? Do you really believe that this behaviour helps you, helps your tribe, helps the world? Wrong. More barbs pop up every week. The gaps in the dominance map? Those aren't split-offs, they're barbs! There are too many to noble, and they multiply. The exact same goes for the accs to internal. Or to give to a new guy. My experience? New guys end up barb, too, eventually. Or quit just the same. You can't fill all your accs, so you're reduced to cannibalization.

Every, bloody, day.

But surely, now that we have half-price nobles, we can finish this? NO!!

image.php

Read that again. 58 thousand barbs. Crucial? The number is not dropping. Did you know, that nobling all of them would be equivalent to nobling Deus and TTD, entirely? (for a comparison: Total villages: 294.867 (327.63 per player) -- this means that, literally, 20% of the world is barbarian). Can it be done, knowing that more barbs would sprout up?

The answer is simple, very simple. No, it cannot be done. Not now. Not with half-price nobles.

What would half-price nobles accomplish? This is easy to answer: People would noble more barbs, more cannibalization claims and... achieve nothing. The war would, if anything, scale back because players have more nobles to spend on barbs. The same reasonings would flourish, 'more nukes for the war', 'enemy-prevention', and it's bull. If anything, half-price nobles would worsen this spiral of depression, of boring, uninteresting crap.

Who would benefit? Non-participants.

So, why should you vote for half-price nobles? The answer is as clear as it is concise.

You. Should. Not.

DeletedUser41659

Another one of these threads. Yay.

Just what we needed to brighten up the forums. Another nerd rant.

Thanks Rukoh.

DeletedUser

Alpha Magnus,

You're absolutely, most welcome. I certainly aim for nothing more than to please, and certainly hope to be able to provide you with a brighter forums in the future also.

Thanks, Alpha Magnus, for not being afraid to say what you believe is right to say.

slowdowntubby

I don't even have a vote to cast, but I really do disagree.

Players that only/primarily noble barbs are going to continue to do that regardless of the cost of nobles.

Players that are actively nobling the enemy but are constrained by noble amounts will now be able to do so more easily. Note: I do not know if any such players exist anymore. I do know that as a former top 10 player for many, many months, noble costs was constantly a problem for me and others in a similar position. It was extremely frustrating and I thought a fundamental flaw in the game. My skill in conquering enemy villages was directly disproportionate to the amount of nobling TW allowed me to do. The more nukes I burnt killing enemy troops, the fewer coins I could mint. The more enemy villages I nobled, the lesser my ability to noble future ones. Like morale, it's just another way that the game code punishes good and active players and rewards nubs.

Whether a player is more inclined to noble barbs or enemies is I think irrelevant to the question of half price nobles. Activity is all that matters. Because unless you are hyper active and constantly in the top 10/20, noble costs has probably never been a problem for you. That was always the impression I got from my tribemates whose activity levels did not approach mine. Whenever I complained in skype about my sub-10 noble counts they told me they had 80 nobles, 100 nobles, they'd love to lend me some, etc, etc.

Putting all that aside, do you really think that half price nobles will tempt those players who fall somewhere in between hyper active and uber nub into nobling more barbs? I'm not sure I follow the logic. Your stats already prove that next to no one is fighting this war anyways. Is maintaining the status quo, which led this world and other worlds before it to the state its in now, really the answer?

The Great 1One1

I voted "no" on this one. However, I saw that I was out-voted maybe 4:1 on this, so I guess I will have to live with the fact that the likes of ~DH~, ROnin, DLV and friends will just growing with their incredible barb nobling rate. For the likes of Kriid, sen066 and other players who uses their nobles to mostly noble the enemy, I think they deserve to have half-priced nobles. If they coupled this new introduction with removing all barbs from the world, then it wouldn't be so bad (although there are a lot of obvious flaws with this).

DeletedUser

I don't even have a vote to cast, but I really do disagree.

Players that only/primarily noble barbs are going to continue to do that regardless of the cost of nobles.

Players that are actively nobling the enemy but are constrained by noble amounts will now be able to do so more easily. Note: I do not know if any such players exist anymore. I do know that as a former top 10 player for many, many months, noble costs was constantly a problem for me and others in a similar position. It was extremely frustrating and I thought a fundamental flaw in the game. My skill in conquering enemy villages was directly disproportionate to the amount of nobling TW allowed me to do. The more nukes I burnt killing enemy troops, the fewer coins I could mint. The more enemy villages I nobled, the lesser my ability to noble future ones. Like morale, it's just another way that the game code punishes good and active players and rewards nubs.

Whether a player is more inclined to noble barbs or enemies is I think irrelevant to the question of half price nobles. Activity is all that matters. Because unless you are hyper active and constantly in the top 10/20, noble costs has probably never been a problem for you. That was always the impression I got from my tribemates whose activity levels did not approach mine. Whenever I complained in skype about my sub-10 noble counts they told me they had 80 nobles, 100 nobles, they'd love to lend me some, etc, etc.

Putting all that aside, do you really think that half price nobles will tempt those players who fall somewhere in between hyper active and uber nub into nobling more barbs? I'm not sure I follow the logic. Your stats already prove that next to no one is fighting this war anyways. Is maintaining the status quo, which led this world and other worlds before it to the state its in now, really the answer?

The amount of players constrained in the war by their noblecounts is far, far smaller than the amount of barbwhores constrained by their noblecounts.

In fact, I'm going out on a limb here, and say that there are less than 10 players in this world who are acutely constrained for war-purposes.

Why change the entire system in favour of the hundreds of non-participants, just to appease those ten or less?

I'm not in favour of maintaining the status-quo, I'd be very much in favour of abolishing the culture of barb-nobling altogether. But I really do believe that if nobles became cheap as dirt, there would be nigh nothing preventing semi-active barbwhores to simply keep on nobling. So yes, I do think it would tempt people much, much more. That goes for internal nobling as well.

DeletedUser

I voted "no" on this one. However, I saw that I was out-voted maybe 4:1 on this, so I guess I will have to live with the fact that the likes of ~DH~, ROnin, DLV and friends will just growing with their incredible barb nobling rate. For the likes of Kriid, sen066 and other players who uses their nobles to mostly noble the enemy, I think they deserve to have half-priced nobles. If they coupled this new introduction with removing all barbs from the world, then it wouldn't be so bad (although there are a lot of obvious flaws with this).

Again; the number of players constrained like Sen/kriid is minute. This half-price system is not a fix, if anything it's an extremely sloppy patchwork job of trying to 'revive' interest (and thus: premium accounts).

DeletedUser

You aren't going to get rid of the barb nobling portion of w24. This world has gotten to the stage where the majority of players left willing to fight wars no longer outweighs those content on nobling barbs. This is the sad truth.

slowdowntubby

What is preventing semi-active barb-whores from nobling them all up now? Surely they shouldn't have coin issues if they are semi-active, right?

I agree that the Cypherr's of the world will profit greatly from this and that's a tough pill to swallow, but I don't see what outcome that has on the rest of the world. Who cares how many villages Cypher has if he's not doing anything with them? Once DEUS and Storm are done fighting, you'll still just eradicate him in one fell swoop regardless of how many villages he has.

I mean, we are talking about massive accounts that noble lots of barbs and need half-price nobles to up their current rate. Are there more than 10 of those in the world? I really don't know, not following the world more than through this forum and an occasional glance at twstats. My gut tells me that there can't be many more than the number you cited for people who need half-price nobles to kill more enemies.

Honestly, little nub tribes will remain little nub tribes. The only people I ever recall complaining about noble costs were:

1) players like myself and DH who lived to kill the enemy in massive quantities
2) players like Cypherr who live to slay barbs and amass villages

For the other 90% of players on the server, I don't think noble costs is even really on their radar.

I admit I could be grossly wrong but your fears don't match up with my time on w24 rukoh.

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't they have coin issues? Cypherrr has them, and he's by far more active than most. Why would others have less issues? Small accounts can have coin-issues equally well, but simply be smaller because they started growing later.

I'm not saying Cypherrr is the issue, here. But if we have only 15-11% of the world fighting (and that would be an exaggeration), then the 'who cares' may well become a different thing altogether. It means barb-noblers outnumber war-participants by 8 to 1.

Yes 57 79.17%

No 15 20.83%
Why would they all vote in favour, if it is not a concern to them? It stands to reason that, if you have no noble-issues, handing others that advantage is counterproductive. That means 80% want the nobleprices for themselves, which in turn means they want more nobles. More nobles to do what? Again; 10 Sen's in this world. The rest?

slowdowntubby

Why wouldn't they have coin issues? Cypherrr has them, and he's by far more active than most. Why would others have less issues? Small accounts can have coin-issues equally well, but simply be smaller because they started growing later.

I would argue they don't have noble issues because they are semi-active. They are not putting the time into actually clearing and nobling villages ergo they have a surplus of coins. This assumes that they log into their accounts periodically and at least hit 'mint maximum'. I fully admit this may be the fatal flaw in my assumptions. It could be that a lot of nubs don't even have premy and can't hit 'mint maximum amount'. In that case you would be very right. I don't think either of us can make that determination though.

Why would they all vote in favour, if it is not a concern to them? It stands to reason that, if you have no noble-issues, handing others that advantage is counterproductive. That means 80% want the nobleprices for themselves, which in turn means they want more nobles.

I think that if you ran a poll with a random sampling of people, and asked them any binary question to the effect of...

1) I give you something that benefits you
2) I don't give you something that benefits you

... and there are no other strings attached, you will always find the majority of people vote option 1. Obviously half-priced nobles benefits any one who is in the business of nobling. Whether they actually require that benefit may never come into the decision. People won't take the time to think through the ramifications. They see carrot, they bite. That's just human nature. I mean, say I'm a millionaire. And a poll was put to me: Do I want a shiny dollar at no cost or do I not want a shiny dollar? Just because I take the dollar doesn't mean I needed it or will in fact ever put it to use. :)

DeletedUser

Are you nuts,the amount of barb I recently nobled ashame me:icon_redface:

you know what I would like to see?Removing Barb from the world,that would please me :p

F the half priced noble,F the church,F the stupid paladin,archer,version 6.0 that none give a F about.

Just delete all those freaking barb from my map,and stop with the stupid noobish Idea.

This is something,that would please me,and im sure,a few other player:icon_idea:

Its a war game after all,you delete=your gone,over,no canibal,nothing,end,over,and we move to someone else.TW just find idea over and over about ''how to trap Da Noob'',soon enought,this game will became a other kind of crappy ogame where you can be tottaly rubbish,but being able to be top ranked simply by giving your Credit Card number...Since old world,all the new idea was nothing else then shit imo.nothing really improved this game...nothing...

Old school,old unit,speed 2,3 tech world,no pal,no church+no barb,that's would be hell of a world:icon_twisted:

Wow,Im ranting at who btw?:icon_surprised::icon_eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

slowdowntubby

roflcoptor at you kriid. One, I brag about my stats to wind up the likes of rukoh and redfox. It doesn't seem to have worked on rukoh lately but at least it worked on you. lol. Two, I brag about my stats because I am genuinely proud of them. I pwned DEUS F from day 1 of that war right until the day I hit delete. No member of storm did more. That is simple fact. All this while I was under constant attack and had no tribe support except 30 or so d villages from Lord Sesame. I even sent you support, if you will recall.

You say I nobled 90% inactives. As per usual, you don't know what you're talking about. Shulgin inactive? Remember how there was a big debate about him being a push because everyone knew Rukoh/KK/etc were sitting him? Remember how he fought back from day one? Remember when his account was banned? No, of course you don't, because you're being Kriid and you say shit for the fun of it. Robbo Dale? Remember when you sent a train at him on day 2 or 3 of the war and it was sniped by Shulgin??? Do these sound like inactive accounts to you? They were defended. They may not have been defended by their original owners or even defended particularly well, but what percentage of Deus accounts was really? Are you now the arbiter of what is a worthwhile conquer and what isn't?

Seriously, you insult me with your stupidity. My stats are right there as a matter of public record. Anyone can look them up. Take the time to get your facts straight next time, son.

PS Go Habs :p

DeletedUser

Indeed,go habs go,as for your stats,I choosed to remove my comment:icon_idea:

But If you wish to,we can talk about it,Yes I beleive 90% of your conquer on Deus was nothing else then easy conquer,they could had be half active/sitted,innactive,what does I care,we both know they was easy,end of story.So yes,your comment about ''lacking noble in your past situation'' is not relevant in my eye.Also,when you lack noble,farm ffs,why making them half price,TW gave us wonderfull tool that we can use to mint more effectivly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56076

I voted no, not that I don't like the offer but while i was away for months my sitter gathered enough nobles for me to last a long time :lol: so I'm spending them all mostly warring barbs to catch up :axemen: :icon_redface:

But on a serious note I like seeing large players noble villages with 1 noble attack at a time due to noble shortage... reminds me of the start of the game :icon_cool:

DeletedUser54677

roflcoptor at you kriid. One, I brag about my stats to wind up the likes of rukoh and redfox. It doesn't seem to have worked on rukoh lately but at least it worked on you. lol. Two, I brag about my stats because I am genuinely proud of them. I pwned DEUS F from day 1 of that war right until the day I hit delete. No member of storm did more. That is simple fact. All this while I was under constant attack and had no tribe support except 30 or so d villages from Lord Sesame. I even sent you support, if you will recall.

You say I nobled 90% inactives. As per usual, you don't know what you're talking about. Shulgin inactive? Remember how there was a big debate about him being a push because everyone knew Rukoh/KK/etc were sitting him? Remember how he fought back from day one? Remember when his account was banned? No, of course you don't, because you're being Kriid and you say shit for the fun of it. Robbo Dale? Remember when you sent a train at him on day 2 or 3 of the war and it was sniped by Shulgin??? Do these sound like inactive accounts to you? They were defended. They may not have been defended by their original owners or even defended particularly well, but what percentage of Deus accounts was really? Are you now the arbiter of what is a worthwhile conquer and what isn't?

Seriously, you insult me with your stupidity. My stats are right there as a matter of public record. Anyone can look them up. Take the time to get your facts straight next time, son.

Oh yes.. Your 'stats' prove much, including what a coward you are. You take villages off a few inactives and claim yourself king of the North? The day we attacked you, you quit. Go figure. The day we set our sights on you, you delete. You may have 'pwned' our inactives from day one, however we 'pwned' your 8m+ account in a day.

Yes, they do sound like inactive accounts. Partly because you don't know the owners. Robbo Dale, the real Robbo Dale, is playing with me in W49 under an alias. Whether he chooses to keep playing there or not due to his restraints is his own issue to resolve, but he's there if you want to know what happened. Shulgin? We've been over this. Don't bother bringing up the past, especially if it's a stalemate.

Jesus Christ, mate. DaHoll and Kriid could claim that I'm a worthless player because I lost some 90 villages in K35. The truth? My computer is broken, and no one was defending my account after sending out a few hundred nobles. Is their opinion correct? Perhaps to some people. Can I prove my computer is broken? Not unless you come here and look at it yourself. Can I prove that Shulgin was in the hospital or Robbo was having real life problems? No, I cannot. But I believe that they were, and all I need is their word to believe them.

I swear, you're a broken record.

DeletedUser

I voted no, for exactly some of the reasons you guys mentioned here, but I feel there is more of a problem with people quitting as soon as they get attacked, which then encourages barb nobling, when your enemy deletes in front of you time after time it is often the easy option especially when you have already cleared a lot of the vills.

DeletedUser

Can it be done, knowing that more barbs would sprout up?

The answer is simple, very simple. No, it cannot be done. Not now. Not with half-price nobles.
]

This sounds like a challenge to me

Citizens of world 24, the barby scum are on their last legs. Keep on hitting them! Show no mercy!

DeletedUser

I voted NO as well. I think bringing in half price nobles will not help the world at all and agree with what Rukoh said (very well said).