How a tribe should be Structured and - Wait..What?

DeletedUser

lol, very original. I could ask you the same question, considering that the person getting mass flamed in this thread is so closely tied to you. :p

Stewinthepot

blocked
Reaction score
thanks i try :) and i didnt read the theard just the last couple posts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks for coming stew and I did classify it as top 15...I got the 19 mil off of the updating maps for what I believed your account to be.

DeletedUser

MoM has one Duke and 18 Barons. The rest of the people in the tribe are just peons that we spit on and laugh at.

Well interesting approach, however when you run out of "laughing" material, than you start looking in activity of your own tribe,
its recent conquers
and most importantly where did the "peons" with a few hundred villages and couple of milion points go.

DeletedUser

Well interesting approach, however when you run out of "laughing" material, than you start looking in activity of your own tribe,
its recent conquers
and most importantly where did the "peons" with a few hundred villages and couple of milion points go.

Thanks for bring this to light, i had no idea of moms recent conquor history. One would think they were internalling to reduce member limit for some reason?

DeletedUser

Damn, I wish I knew what was going on inside my own tribe and what a joke was. Ergh.

DeletedUser

its recent conquers

A mathematician and a politician in the making, as well as a world class strategist. Quick, someone give this man a job!

DeletedUser

Lol Cheers to Nemesis & Stew ;) Thanks.

I'm not in the mood of attempting to kick off an arguement right now. So I'll let it be here.

A bit too occupied.

Topic Closed for me.

Later.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your valuable contributions to W56 PnP, and ensuring a lively yet constructive debate about the relative merits and pitfalls of different kinds of leadership.

DeletedUser

A tribe without council? I don't agree, do you think Pres. Obama decides some things without consulting his advisers. The Duke and Baron should be wise but they don't know everything.

Personally I love the idea of no council mainly because it is inefficient, large risk of spies and is generally slower due to democracy.
Which is why I continue to use the department system to keep things organized, busy and everyone employed on the role.

DeletedUser

I'd say it's a smaller risk of spies as you involve people. It's efficient because you get a few people to butt heads so as to come to the best conclusions, fastest. It's also faster because there is no democracy, just a quicker route to the best answer (as mistakes are instantly corrected instead of 'back to the drawing board').

DeletedUser

However since a council is made up of "trustable" members and everyone knows members can be bribed or swayed to change loyalties there is a larger margin for spies to access. At least with the Department system different people have different jobs which they do specifically and are not told of other members roles within the tribe unless its on a need to know basis.

Yes, while the council does knuckle down when they have one quest to complete. But when there are several things need doing its hard to straighten up management, organisation and have everyone working at an equal pace. The Department system rules out the need of multiple people doing the same job and also ensures (if done correctly) a smooth running process since the knowledge and work material gets passed up the system by rank.

Democracy will always slow things down, always. This is down to people opinions and that if you dont like something then you get a say and your views have to be seen too. Which is why Neo-Democracy works brilliant.

DeletedUser

Some members might be bribed or swayed, a large amount would not under any circumstances sell out their tribe.

There is no democracy, thus it can't slow things down either.

DeletedUser

Some members might be bribed or swayed, a large amount would not under any circumstances sell out their tribe.

There is no democracy, thus it can't slow things down either.

As crappy as The is and was, there are a good amount in there that have chosen not to do anything against them and just let it die on it's own instead of pushing it along. This is the reason The is still even on the map. Thus, supporting your point, whether the tribe is failing or not. Players usually leave only when threatened to lose all of their hard work generally, but not in every case by any means.

DeletedUser

Single duke is the way to go.

Council is great, but they need to know that what the duke says is final, even if the entire council disagrees with him. My favorite method is a less formal council, one in which members dont debate endlessly on their hidden forum. When the duke wants opinions, he mails the people he wants and takes into account their thoughts, but again, makes the final decision himself.

DeletedUser

If the entire council disagrees, then the Duke is clearly wrong. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser80927

Welllllll,

The duke 'could' actually be right, however, going against the wishes of an entire council could certainly be challenging.

DeletedUser

Welllllll,

The duke 'could' actually be right, however, going against the wishes of an entire council could certainly be challenging.

Council are only right if the duke chose intelligent people. Ive watched at least half a dozen 'experienced councils' giving absolutely god awful advice. Then again, thats mostly earlier in the game and I do believe the OP said something about 100 mil points or some random number of total points for the tribe.

Also, having a council at all can be challenging haha. Look at CODE - never agreed on a single thing, never got shit done. Was terrible.