How to make a map using GIMP

DeletedUser

Noob question: How do I move the image to a corner? Whenever I try to select it, all it does it draw it on with the pen tool.

Also, when I paste, it pastes over the first part of the map.

DeletedUser

One day I will make a kick ass map guide, if I ever find the time.

But then again, I may want to keep the secrets of my awesomeness to myself :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

One day I will make a kick ass map guide, if I ever find the time.

But then again, I may want to keep the secrets of my awesomeness to myself :icon_wink:

haha

how can you make it any more kick ass than mine? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Noob question: How do I move the image to a corner? Whenever I try to select it, all it does it draw it on with the pen tool.

Also, when I paste, it pastes over the first part of the map.

sorry mate - I meant to answer this yesterday - was so busy, so I didn't get a chance ;)

when you paste one of the corners on, make sure that you create a new layer straight after, and it will merge into the new layer, so you will have the background layer, and a new layer

Now, you can paste the next one on to the canvas, and create yet another new layer etc.

when you have all four on the canvas, and they are in the right place, right click on each layer in turn (in the layers panel) and select Merge Down

hope that helps

DeletedUser

sorry mate - I meant to answer this yesterday - was so busy, so I didn't get a chance ;)

when you paste one of the corners on, make sure that you create a new layer straight after, and it will merge into the new layer, so you will have the background layer, and a new layer

Now, you can paste the next one on to the canvas, and create yet another new layer etc.

when you have all four on the canvas, and they are in the right place, right click on each layer in turn (in the layers panel) and select Merge Down

hope that helps

i never do this, i dont even know what this is for..

DeletedUser

sometimes, I have the problem that layers do not go on properly, so you have to make them into a new layer, just to make them a layer...

it is stupid, but it works :p

I don't normally do it, only when GIMP is being crap :p

DeletedUser

haha

how can you make it any more kick ass than mine? :icon_wink:

More like, how can i make it any less kick ass :icon_eek:

Besides, I use photoshop, that in itself would make it more awesome.

DeletedUser

More like, how can i make it any less kick ass :icon_eek:

Besides, I use photoshop, that in itself would make it more awesome.

first off, are you saying that my guide is crap?

and second, Photoshop is more advanced, and able to do much better things than GIMP - but at the moment, I don't have a copy of PS, so I use GIMP

DeletedUser

Just a tip:

In the end, you should post the final map uploaded, not just a screenshot ;)

crom

Nice guide. BUUUT Photoshop > GIMP

GIMP may have a cool name, but it still sucks :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Nice guide. BUUUT Photoshop > GIMP

GIMP may have a cool name, but it still sucks :icon_wink:

yeah, I am trying to get a copy of PS, but GIMP gets the job done with decent results :)

DeletedUser53538

very good guide, might have a go at making one myself one day :icon_eek: im sure it will end up failing though :lol: