Hug Lokie Merge

DeletedUser

But cmon, Loki was hug from the start, everybody knew it.

DeletedUser

Loki was not HUG from the start and the people in HUG i know were happy with Loki being their own tribe and others are keeping quiet. Two long time members have left HUG, probably because of the merge and more will follow.

DeletedUser

Loki was not HUG from the start and the people in HUG i know were happy with Loki being their own tribe and others are keeping quiet. Two long time members have left HUG, probably because of the merge and more will follow.

3 long time members

DeletedUser

Barbarian Nobler it has been clear your LOKI/HUG friendly with your previous posts. But I have recently gain access to an account sit from an Ex-LOKI member, on that account I have found a couple HUG members offering support to a LOKI account against ODA.

DeletedUser

Barbarian Nobler it has been clear your LOKI/HUG friendly with your previous posts. But I have recently gain access to an account sit from an Ex-LOKI member, on that account I have found a couple HUG members offering support to a LOKI account against ODA.

I have friends in other tribes too but am trying to stay on topic.

Notice that you say, "Ex-LOKI member". The ones that joined, not everyone is happy with.

DeletedUser

lmao, loki was part of hug from the start. point.

DeletedUser

You stepped down from Duking and said Trust Stinky...but you don't even talk to him before leaving?

Yes, I stepped down as duke. I did have faith in Chris to do a decent job... maybe he thought the merge was best for the tribe, but I wasn't going to be sticking around.

He wasn't around on skype, he wasn't around in game, I wasn't going to wait for him to come online, just so I could tell him that I was going to leave, when he could see that I left himself.

But cmon, Loki was hug from the start, everybody knew it.

lmao, loki was part of hug from the start. point.

Yes, from the START. When it was just Yeknomobep. Once s/he started recruiting, it was no longer a part of HUG. So, what you wrote is correct, but what you are thinking is incorrect. After recruitment started, LOKI was not a part of HUG until they merged into HUG a few days ago.

DeletedUser

Well, basically the none tribe are back... :)
this came about because of the poor management of the loki-hug merge.

HorseSoldier

People merging are looking for the easy way out with their magical dream team. I've already found mine. It's 1984.

DeletedUser100410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjaak Zwart
villas in 14 different continents

What's wrong with that? Go look at the maps of tribes that have won the world. Players are spread everywhere.

i totally agree on that. I cant understand why some people are so fan of clusters, yes they r pretty invincible in it but to win a world you need to go wild around the globe, imho

at least is what we do when we won world 18, started on k40/41 and go up to k39 and down k88 too, a long 3 year trip, lots of fun

DeletedUser

i totally agree on that. I cant understand why some people are so fan of clusters, yes they r pretty invincible in it but to win a world you need to go wild around the globe, imho

at least is what we do when we won world 18, started on k40/41 and go up to k39 and down k88 too, a long 3 year trip, lots of fun

While I prefer to cluster up my villages if at all possible I strongly agree that is best to spread out across the world.

I have found that staying in a set area reduces your ability to assist your tribe which is the entire point of this game and limits a person's ability to grow and take advantage of those "opportunities" that often pop up.

DeletedUser

While I prefer to cluster up my villages if at all possible I strongly agree that is best to spread out across the world.

I have found that staying in a set area reduces your ability to assist your tribe which is the entire point of this game and limits a person's ability to grow and take advantage of those "opportunities" that often pop up.

oooh goedie. finally a serious convo again. about time.

opportunities that pop up can be taken but can they be defended? a closed cluster is in theory unbeatable. a player surrounded by tribe mates has to find a new spot of course.
I could find myself nice big barbs a few continents away and stack them, but when under attack, new troops would take days to arrive. Besides the troops needed to stack those far away villas can not be used for front lines.
I for one prefer a nice tidy cluster and work my way around to K domination in a few continents besides each other.

DeletedUser

opportunities that pop up can be taken but can they be defended? a closed cluster is in theory unbeatable.

Not at all. It is tougher to break, but not unbeatable.

I could find myself nice big barbs a few continents away and stack them, but when under attack, new troops would take days to arrive.

Then form a mini cluster of like 100 villages or something.

Besides the troops needed to stack those far away villas can not be used for front lines.

Chances are if the villages need to be stacked, they are frontline, so they'd need to be stacked anyways.

DeletedUser

It all comes down to your tribe. If you're in a decent tribe who work together and are not slow in coming forward with troops when needed, there is no problem with spreading yourself around with lots of clusters. Having clusters intermingled with your tribe helps to encourage teamwork which is what makes the best tribes. If you're not so lucky, then I agree you need to be a bit more cautious about spreading yourself around and building 1 large cluster will certainly prolong the inevitable but without a tribe that works together, you're almost certainly going to get beaten at some point

HorseSoldier

Yeah really you're all right to some degree on the cluster/spread debate. There are many factors to be considered like the one bobble mentioned about how well your tribe works together. I'd also add some more factors to consider like not only how good your tribe is but how outnumbered or how large or good your enemies are when deciding to expand to longer range clusters. There's most likely even more factors than that to consider. I suggest building a strong enough home cluster before starting a new one farther away. A large strong cluster is not only easier to defend with but easier to attack with...

DeletedUser93127

If you are spreading out.
Definitely depends with the people you are clustering with and if you trust them completely.

It' not a rare thing to see people get screwed over just because where they clustered.

DeletedUser

If you are spreading out.
Definitely depends with the people you are clustering with and if you trust them completely.

Sure, there has to be some trust in your tribemates, but there also needs to be trust in yourself. I have villages in 12 continents. Many of those continents I only have 10-20 villages. The villages were all intermingled with HUG. I am obviously no longer a part of HUG, so the villages are surrounded by people who might attack me. That doesn't bother me, because I know that if HUG were to decide to attack me, I could defend my mini clusters. Sure I might lose a village here or there, but in the end they'll lose a lot more, and if I end up losing the 10-20 villages... who cares? It's 20 villages. It just means I get 20 more nobles to hit someone else with.