Hug Lokie Merge

DeletedUser100410

Sure, there has to be some trust in your tribemates, but there also needs to be trust in yourself. I have villages in 12 continents. Many of those continents I only have 10-20 villages. The villages were all intermingled with HUG. I am obviously no longer a part of HUG, so the villages are surrounded by people who might attack me. That doesn't bother me, because I know that if HUG were to decide to attack me, I could defend my mini clusters. Sure I might lose a village here or there, but in the end they'll lose a lot more, and if I end up losing the 10-20 villages... who cares? It's 20 villages. It just means I get 20 more nobles to hit someone else with.

again, i totally agree on that.

Another advantage is the future use of those outposts, for example, if i have 10 villages in a k far away from mine, yes i might lose those but if i dont, i will be ready to start nobling from there if opportunities rise.

It has happened to me that i had just 2 o 3 villages (some stacked (death stars) and some not) for many months doing nothing but minting coins and suddenly a war starts or a player goes inactive (or barb) in that area, and you are already there, ready to harvest your stay there. While other players need to send 200 hours noble to start nobling in that zone.

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by Ground-Zero
Sure, there has to be some trust in your tribemates, but there also needs to be trust in yourself. I have villages in 12 continents. Many of those continents I only have 10-20 villages. The villages were all intermingled with HUG. I am obviously no longer a part of HUG, so the villages are surrounded by people who might attack me. That doesn't bother me, because I know that if HUG were to decide to attack me, I could defend my mini clusters. Sure I might lose a village here or there, but in the end they'll lose a lot more, and if I end up losing the 10-20 villages... who cares? It's 20 villages. It just means I get 20 more nobles to hit someone else with.

If Hug was to attack all your mini clusters, they would be gone in no time. sure the villas you loose will free up nobles for new targets but to me that seems a silly banking system for nobles.

I prefer not to take what I can not keep. but than again, just an opinion of silly old me

DeletedUser

But you're talking about 1 situation there where someone has left a tribe completely changing their surroundings. If you're in a decent tribe, there's no need to leave so you can build your clusters in safe areas knowing they will remain safe. You've made it quite clear in posts I've seen, sjaak, that you are a solo player, preferring to go it alone than work alongside others. That is why your strategy in game needs to be so much more defensive than other players you will come across.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it really depends on your tribes needs. If they need a K clearing up you do it, thust forming nice clusters. If they need you elsewhere for a short period of time then move on you do it, thust forming mini clusters.

Play to suit your tribe, providing that you have full confidance in the people your playing with and the people leading you.

DeletedUser

But you're talking about 1 situation there where someone has left a tribe completely changing their surroundings. If you're in a decent tribe, there's no need to leave so you can build your clusters in safe areas knowing they will remain safe. You've made it quite clear in posts I've seen, sjaak, that you are a solo player, preferring to go it alone than work alongside others. That is why your strategy in game needs to be so much more defensive than other players you will come across.

I guess we have both been playing this game long enough to know that even late game, players quit or an account gets a new owner that you are less friendly with than the original.
With this knowledge in mind I think it is best to keep a closed clean cluster. Also coz the only one who is always online to send D when you need it is yourself.
Other than that I love working together to take out a large player or even a tribe. We have done so in the past and will again in the future.
Saying that my strategy is defensive while I am ranked 3 in oda.... Mmmmh, lets say that is another opinion we do not share.

this of course is + 1
Play to suit your tribe, providing that you have full confidance in the people your playing with and the people leading you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thats mini ?

At this stage of the game, yes.

If Hug was to attack all your mini clusters, they would be gone in no time. sure the villas you loose will free up nobles for new targets but to me that seems a silly banking system for nobles.

I prefer not to take what I can not keep. but than again, just an opinion of silly old me

Bold and bold. If HUG were to attack me, they would not be gone in no time. I am more than capable enough of defending isolated villages. Also most of the players in HUG are not what I would consider good players, so it would make it all the easier.

DeletedUser

Cold as ever. Haha :icon_cool:

Simple fact. The majority of the good players who use to play w50 have left long ago. Now there are barely any players I would consider good.

The members of HUG could be considered decent in regard to the majority of other players in the world, but HUG lacks truly skilled players.

DeletedUser

Simple fact. The majority of the good players who use to play w50 have left long ago. Now there are barely any players I would consider good.

The members of HUG could be considered decent in regard to the majority of other players in the world, but HUG lacks truly skilled players.

If you were to recruit any of the current HUG members, who would they be?