I bet that hurt...

DeletedUser

oh shut up. why is it that people are somehow amazingly tuff and suddenly they are great because a tribe has fallen apart. you may have won the war but you would not have been doing it any time soon. shlomzi put together a good tribe and they faught well. they were the virtually inseperable to you in nobles and they had other tribes fighting against them.

so stop trying to make out that RL crushed them because you did not. and unless you can show me evidence to the contrary then you have simply made yourself look like an arrogant idiot

DeletedUser137

oh shut up. why is it that people are somehow amazingly tuff and suddenly they are great because a tribe has fallen apart. you may have won the war but you would not have been doing it any time soon. shlomzi put together a good tribe and they faught well. they were the virtually inseperable to you in nobles and they had other tribes fighting against them.

so stop trying to make out that RL crushed them because you did not. and unless you can show me evidence to the contrary then you have simply made yourself look like an arrogant idiot

SCUM declaring on them didnt clear their villages.

SCUM declaring did not noble them out.

This is our victory, they broke because they ran our of defence.
Maxxed has about 17k troops left over all his villages and that is all. This is our doing and we will take the credit and take the villages from this.

It is you who is the arrogant idiot for completely negating our entire war.

DeletedUser

OMG. This may be the first time I agree with you :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

who said anything about scum nobling them but they have proven themselves in war and so the members of ginger knew they could not fight scum and RL at the same time. thats what made the members leave and thats what made the war finish

LOL at toby

DeletedUser

Go boil your head mate, you lost. Fail!

Funny how every responce to my post is just "you're whining, you lost"

Did I ever say "WE'RE GINGER, WE WON!111!!" No,
We didn't lose, alot of us from Ginger are still alive and well.
Never once did I lose a village to R.L.

Look into the K35 area, we're still a main group and have gone to SCUM together as a still strong,fighting, group!

We left Ginger not because of fear for the "almighty and leet" R.L. but simply because we all saw it going nowhere, we could've stayed and kept the Ginger tag alive, cause god knows you guys never did anything to harm us in K35, nor did we EVER fear any of you from R.L.

Claim all you want that you caused the downfall of Ginger, but truth is, internal problems basically caused that, when rschultzy left, conor went on vacation, random outbreaks, boredom, inactivity, those caused the downfall of Ginger, not the pathetic 3 OP's against us, that didn't hardly accomplish anything against us. You managed to take vills in this last OP because people didn't know what tribe each other were going to go to, or whom was quitting and even staying.

I don't know about you guys but I won't throw away support on someone whose most likely going to quit. I can do much better with my troops than let them sit in a quitting acct.

-Applauds- Way to go R.L. for proving to be the band of noobs we all thought you ought to be since the beginning of this world. Claiming the downfall of Ginger....tisk tisk...

DeletedUser

Did I ever say "WE'RE GINGER, WE WON!111!!" No,
We didn't lose, alot of us from Ginger are still alive and well.
Never once did I lose a village to R.L.

Look into the K35 area, we're still a main group and have gone to SCUM together as a still strong,fighting, group!

We left Ginger not because of fear for the "almighty and leet" R.L. but simply because we all saw it going nowhere, we could've stayed and kept the Ginger tag alive, cause god knows you guys never did anything to harm us in K35, nor did we EVER fear any of you from R.L.

Claim all you want that you caused the downfall of Ginger, but truth is, internal problems basically caused that, when rschultzy left, conor went on vacation, random outbreaks, boredom, inactivity, those caused the downfall of Ginger, not the pathetic 3 OP's against us, that didn't hardly accomplish anything against us. You managed to take vills in this last OP because people didn't know what tribe each other were going to go to, or whom was quitting and even staying.

I don't know about you guys but I won't throw away support on someone whose most likely going to quit. I can do much better with my troops than let them sit in a quitting acct.

-Applauds- Way to go R.L. for proving to be the band of noobs we all thought you ought to be since the beginning of this world. Claiming the downfall of Ginger....tisk tisk...

Oh, what a sore looser. Be gracious in defeat. Move on

DeletedUser

Ah, when the odds have gone against you, try and reshuffle the deck, huh?

I must say.... even for a runner you have low class....

DeletedUser

Offical Ginger responce to the drama llamas:

Neither of you can claim the downfall of Ginger as your own, I am afraid it boils down to decisions made by myself, and Shlomzi.

Declaring although unavoidable was our downfall. Not because their skill and war ability shocked us to our core, god no, but because it was a war we simply could not win. Since my very first post in this thread I said the same thing. There is no way a tribe with 700 villages can noble 1700 villages, no matter the skill.

Sure we could over time, but it would have been a long, long time. Our players were impatient, as was our leadership and we wanted to see results faster than game mechanics could go.

We hit an inactivity patch, one I knew we wouldnt come out of, but regardless tried to fix. I offered a NAP to RL, my intent was to focus internally kill off inactives, noble the K tribes, and focus on building relations with surrounding tribes. Yes, despite the NAP RL would have been our prime target.

After more time wore on, an RL op appeared. Alot of members showed there true colours here asking for support despite only handful of attacks. Then alot of sits were dumped on me, due to RL (real life - some of you may have heard of it) I simply couldnt take them. This led to a few disgruntled members.

While the op went on, SCUM declared on us. While geographically it made sense, diplomatically it didnt. They claim whatever they wish about there reasons, I was sicked to see yet another tribe was without a spine. Looking for easy villages to feast upon. Regardless of what is said, if Ginger had gotten the NAP with RL, there would be no declaration from SCUM or they would have got a coalition together, challenges and fair fights are above some people.

After a bit of drama, I advised my players to leave, no one was dismissed. Its in their best interests to find a new home, as ginger is/was crumbling.

We could have fought RL for much longer, no ground would have been gained. perhaps they would have led in stats by a little, but thats all.

We could have fought SCUM 1 v 1, but that wasnt the case.

Neither tribe can claim sole victory, we were on our way out a long time before the op or the declaration. For evidence, I am sure you seen the INSA merge, and also the suggested merge with another tribe.

Ebbs...Just an observer.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: R.L.
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Ginger
Players:

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 152
Side 2: 135
Difference: 17

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,049,143
Side 2: 769,213
Difference: 279,930

image.php

Here's my input on this,

Yes, these stats are inaccurate, yadda yadda yadda. Not by terribly much though. So, in the entire war, Ginger lost around 20 or so villages. Maybe more, maybe less. So is R.L. claiming that by taking a mere 20 villages from a tribe, that they have brought about the end of Ginger? Foolishness, if you ask me. If there is a victor to this war, it is R.L.: that much they can claim. If the war had continued as normal, and Scum had not come around and declared, the war still could have gone either way with Conor coming back tomorrow. Who know's what may have happened? Ginger may have brought in another tribe.

I myself do not entirly understand why Ginger abandoned ship immeadiatly after the declaration: a bit unusual if you ask me. Maybe they just wanted to move on. Maybe it was more caused by internal problems than anything. Maybe it was just a chain reaction caused by a few members leaving partnered with Conor's absense. I don't think any Ginger member could give a definite answer, as I'm sure many people left for many different reasons.

Ginger fought very well in my opinion, Conor himself has admitted that 60 people cannot win a war against 300; so R.L. doesn't have too much to be proud of here. They averaged about half a nobling per person, which shows a lack of coordination. Ginger, on the other hand, average about 2 noblings per person.

Ginger did make some bad moves, such as the failure of a quick response to the first operation of R.L. as well as Ginger's op to "prove" to R.L. what they can do. Some good that did, eh?

Weltide, my view on this war has changed an awful lot since I've abandoned my account, and I have lost much respect for the tribe.

/P3ac3b0n3,
ex-R.L. member

DeletedUser137

and also the suggested merge with another tribe.

That one really confused us.
People on the forums might think you are just witholding the name but you do literally mean "another tribe". That is all our spies ever got so we were wondering at the time if it was going to be any of the surrounding tribes like RBL. Turns out it mostly was in the end.

Weltide, my view on this war has changed an awful lot since I've abandoned my account, and I have lost much respect for the tribe.

Thanks... Just so you know, we have been quite sure it was actually YOU who deleted our forums on the day you left with Hob's orders but since you quit the account there was no point getting retribution on it.

Thanks for your views. Its a bit late now and we still won regardless of whatever you think of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks... Just so you know, we have been quite sure it was actually YOU who deleted our forums on the day you left with Hob's orders but since you quit the account there was no point getting retribution on it.

No, that was not me. Remember when Conor said that he had a spy in R.L.'s council? I'd guess it was whoever that was. :icon_confused:

Thanks for your views. Its a bit late now and we still won regardless of whatever you think of us.

I said you did win...

DeletedUser

Maybe...just maybe...these internal problems you speak of that you say is the cause for the downfall of Ginger was actually due to the war against R.L. You probably wouldn't have had these internal problems had you not been in a long war where your own members have said they can't win.

I'm just saying.

DeletedUser

Ginger fought very well in my opinion, Conor himself has admitted that 60 people cannot win a war against 300; so R.L. doesn't have too much to be proud of here. They averaged about half a nobling per person, which shows a lack of coordination. Ginger, on the other hand, average about 2 noblings per person.

Ginger did make some bad moves, such as the failure of a quick response to the first operation of R.L. as well as Ginger's op to "prove" to R.L. what they can do. Some good that did, eh?

/P3ac3b0n3,
ex-R.L. member

Heh, I was once in a tribe that defeated other tribes not just 3 times their size in players but also in points.

And Ginger was actually ranked far ahead of R.L. in terms of points when this war started.

And yes, thanks for confirming our suspicions that you were the one who erased our forums as Conor's lapdog.

Now go walk off in shame for that cheap move.

And now to something else - I think it is time for another classic:

"-Hobgoblin- on 27.06. at 23:24
Hey Guys,

Chess have decided we're too formidable for them. They decided they'd get an ally. Of course, they were unable to find any worthy ones so they went with one that sucks - R.L..

So yes, we are now also fighting R.L.. This really should be a walk in the park. I'd like all K35 guys not participating in the operation against Chess to immediately begin scouting and claiming their villages in K35. I would like our K36 guys that are close to them to do the same.

Our guys in K25 and K47, you are to remove them from your areas and then invade their continents. It's not hard - they are pointwhores and can't time for their lives."

Oldies but goldies. ;)

DeletedUser

People keep saying mass recruiting is for noobs and is a fail strategy, yet all too often I see Ginger complaining about the unfair odds brought about by mass recruiting. If its such a fail strategy then why is it always the main reason for Ginger losing?

So Ginger lost to a fail strategy? What's that make Ginger? An epic fail?

Here's the fact of mass recruitment in relevance to this war.
Its simply an easier management leadership plan against a harder work management and leadership plan.

Mass recruitment takes a lot of time to manage and difficulty in leading to make it effective because you essentially take in a wider variety of players. That's why it took so long between ops and still R.L. pulled out 3 of em against Ginger in contrast to just a single op from Ginger, which just goes to show which tribes leaders invested more time in this war.

Selective recruitment takes less leadership because you take in only people who are already good at the game, and don't need a whole lot of instruction.

Ginger like many, chose the selective recruitment plan.

R.L.'s leaders took the other path and decided to recruit more now and take the time to manage and train noobs into a formidable army.

Ginger didn't lose to a fail strategy, they lost to a well managed mass recruiting tribe.

Ginger is closer to the core than R.L. means they could have mass recruited first, if they wanted to, but chose not to because it was too much trouble.

And now that R.L. had shown willingness to go through that trouble, others jeer on "Unfair! You just have more people now! blah blah blah"

Oh please...

DeletedUser

People keep saying mass recruiting is for noobs and is a fail strategy, yet all too often I see Ginger complaining about the unfair odds brought about by mass recruiting. If its such a fail strategy then why is it always the main reason for Ginger losing?

Its simply an easier management leadership plan against a harder work management and leadership plan.

Mass recruitment takes a lot of time to manage and difficulty in leading to make it effective because you essentially take in a wider variety of players. That's why it took so long between ops and still R.L. pulled out 3 of em against Ginger in contrast to just a single op from Ginger, which just goes to show which tribes leaders invested more time in this war.

Selective recruitment takes less leadership because you take in only people who are already good at the game, and don't need a whole lot of instruction.

R.L.'s leaders took the other path and decided to recruit more now and take the time to manage and train noobs into a formidable army.

Ginger didn't lose to a fail strategy, they lost to a well managed mass recruiting tribe.

Ginger is closer to the core than R.L. means they could have mass recruited first, if they wanted to, but chose not to because it was too much trouble.

And now that R.L. had shown willingness to go through that trouble, others jeer on "Unfair! You just have more people now! blah blah blah"

Oh please...

Nice post dude and spot on!

DeletedUser

Oh please...

Well, Viper, that is a logical post. However, I would like to point out one thing -

By a rule-of-thumb, mass recruiting tribes fail. Simply because you will never have an idea about the skill level of your recruits. Newbies are different. As long as they are willing to learn, they can be taught and nurtured. However, noobs are different. They are a bunch of players who are never willing to learn, and yet claim to be 'experienced' simply because they've played a number of worlds or reached a certain number of points. Well, you should be knowing that.

So, when Ginger declared war on R.L., there was little evidence to prove that they were not like any other mass recruiting tribe. Everybody thought that R.L. were going to crumble like a pack of cards. So that is why the public went behind Ginger. However, the way the war dragged on for days on end made the public slowly realise that R.L. was probably different. Take the example of tribes like - 28THCU and Camber. Even they were mass recruiting tribes. And they failed. For the record, I was warring Camber in k44 and I was never attacked throughout my tenure on this world.

So, while Ginger have to admit defeat, it does not mean that they can be flamed for not having evaluated the strength of R.L. And R.L. have pulled out this upset (in public opinion) simply because the leaders managed to put together an effective management plan. They have held the tribe together, and so has each of their players.

DeletedUser

Actually I thought newbs and noobs were the same thing... "people who are inexperienced" :icon_confused:

So, while Ginger have to admit defeat, it does not mean that they can be flamed for not having evaluated the strength of R.L. And R.L. have pulled out this upset (in public opinion) simply because the leaders managed to put together an effective management plan. They have held the tribe together, and so has each of their players.
I agree, and I don't intend to jeer Ginger for misevaluating R.L. as I myself had earlier in the war.

My post was directed in response to the sentiment that R.L. only won because it greatly outnumber Ginger, and then imply that it took no effort whatsoever, just something anyone could have pulled off.

My opinion on mass recruiting tribes is that, they do usually fail because its difficult to manage, members run around like headless chicken and cause all sorts of trouble for the tribe as a whole. However kept under control has R.L. leaders have effectively managed to do, it can become a good tribe. It just needs more care than a tribe of selected elite.

DeletedUser

The 'Headless Chicken' days have come and gone a long time ago. Now they are battle hardened chickens eager for more! Ooooo and they will get lots more ... R.L. is a War Tribe and let's face it - What is the point of playing this game if not at war. Being at war makes it fun - would be the most boring game arround if not at war, imo