Just curious what does mean "Max noble distance = 100"?

Ripfin

I'm talking about when you have 100+ villages, not the first 5 or 10.

Around the 90 village mark I had a chronic shortage of wood as I was constantly building nukes and at the same kind couldn't spend clay fast enough, to the point that over 90 villages I had all markets with clay offers and was STILL running out of room to store clay.

Therefore I made some villages with no stable, lvl 5smithy and lvl 30 Wood (no clay or iron). Managed to fit 7500 each of swords, spears and archers into those, came in very handy when I could stack 5 villages 60k/60k/60k at a time and still have defences left over.

And ram fan? Why waste space on a lvl 20 smithy in a village you will NEVER build nobles in because you have already have 60 nobles waiting to go in other villages?

whether I had 100 villages or over 600 villages clay was always running short for me, in fact when I used a nuke I had an abundance of wood and iron from other villages to send to my village to rebuild my nuke but my clay was always running short.

also if you do not believe in having lvl 20 smithies in villages you have obviously never been in a war on the front lines since you need to build nobles whenever and wherever you can to take advantage of attacks, and if your smithy is not lvl 20 your screwed.

DeletedUser

Around the 90 village mark I had a chronic shortage of wood as I was constantly building nukes and at the same time couldn't spend clay fast enough, to the point that over 90 villages I had all markets with clay offers and was STILL running out of room to store clay.

Therefore I made some villages with no stable, lvl 5smithy and lvl 30 Wood (no clay or iron). Managed to fit 7500 each of swords, spears and archers into those, came in very handy when I could stack 5 villages 60k/60k/60k at a time and still have defences left over.

And ram fan? Why waste space on a lvl 20 smithy in a village you have more than enough villages to build nobles for you?

CBDuke:

Level 20 HQ is required to recruit nobleman and higher level level of building has more resistance to catapult's damage
Level 30 each mines can not be discussed.
Farming is a general in this game. To have more villages you need to pick more resources.

I don't deny these points in the early game but in the later game things are different. When you have 100+ villages, 30+ nobles and can build 200+ coins a day without farming it doesn't matter if there are a couple of villages that take a little longer to build the walls up if you fail to defend an attack properly.

RipFin:

lvl 20 smithies in villages you have obviously never been in a war on the front lines since you need to build nobles whenever and wherever you can to take advantage of attacks, and if your smithy is not lvl 20 your screwed.

I've been in front line wars before, I just was never caught actually needing to build nobles because I used them all. I had enough to simultaneously launch for real on 5 villages and send fake noble trains using real nobles to another 5. I'm not saying drop smithy below 20 in EVERY village, that would be madness. You just don't need a lvl 20 smith in ALL villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fixed double post.
You can delete post that you have written. Press "Edit" -> "Go Advanced" -> "Delete".

Around the 90 village mark I had a chronic shortage of wood as I was constantly building nukes and at the same time couldn't spend clay fast enough, to the point that over 90 villages I had all markets with clay offers and was STILL running out of room to store clay.

And ram fan? Why waste space on a lvl 20 smithy in a village you have more than enough villages to build nobles for you?

CBDuke:

Level 20 HQ is required to recruit nobleman and higher level level of building has more resistance to catapult's damage
Farming is a general in this game. To have more villages you need to pick more resources.

I don't deny these points in the early game but in the later game things are different. When you have 100+ villages, 30+ nobles and can build 200+ coins a day without farming it doesn't matter if there are a couple of villages that take a little longer to build the walls up if you fail to defend an attack properly.
You need to read GUIDE and then you will not ask yourself ever where to put resources and which units to build... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Thanks,

For some reason it decided that my edits needed a brand new post. Has no one else been playing and seen endless offers of clay for wood/iron?

I admit dropping my clay mines to 28 in all villages was probably a bit extreme and I wouldn't do it again, but I always managed to trade for whatever clay I needed.

DeletedUser

Thanks,

For some reason it decided that my edits needed a brand new post. Has no one else been playing and seen endless offers of clay for wood/iron?

I admit dropping my clay mines to 28 in all villages was probably a bit extreme and I wouldn't do it again, but I always managed to trade for whatever clay I needed.
When you rebuild actively your troops so you need lot of wood and iron. When your troops does not participate in wars and your village always 24000/24000 so you need lot of clay. It is easy to understand IMO. That is why offers in market are always different. Actually I do rarely use market because I can send my resources between villages more effectively. :)

spleen mage

Sorry mate, but I beg to differ on this one. I'm working on the assumption that you still want an Academy in every village (and that you build smithy to 20, then demolish it to 15). After all, there is no reason not to have an academy in every village to store coins from, when the alternative is either to waste lots of time shipping resources from other villages (which is a pain when you hit a high village count) or to simply have your resource sat there doing nothing.

However, the problem with 15 smithy, is if people hit you with cats; I know I frequently will hit the Academy, as it only takes about 7 or so cats to level it. It's not more then a slight annoyance to them, since it's only a 6 hour build time or so (though it costs a fair bit). However, if I catted your Academy, you'd have to rebuild your smithy back up to 20, build the academy, then demolish it again.

Much more effort then it's worth :icon_razz:

Ripfin

CBDuke:

RipFin:

lvl 20 smithies in villages you have obviously never been in a war on the front lines since you need to build nobles whenever and wherever you can to take advantage of attacks, and if your smithy is not lvl 20 your screwed.

I've been in front line wars before, I just was never caught actually needing to build nobles because I used them all. I had enough to simultaneously launch for real on 5 villages and send fake noble trains using real nobles to another 5. I'm not saying drop smithy below 20 in EVERY village, that would be madness. You just don't need a lvl 20 smith in ALL villages.

let me guess your one of those foolish ones who build heavy AXE nukes, thats the only reason you would be short wood, and if you do build heavy AXE nukes, don't ever attack me cause you'll watch your weeks of building go poof at the cost of only a few troops to me, if you build your nuke with a proper spread of troops (IE: Axe/LC/Rams and MA's if your so inclined) you won't have shortages of wood.

furthermore what do you do if your noble village is hit and crushed or even nobled? then you'll have to build your smithy up in a village nearby in order to take your noble village back, you place all your eggs in one basket and that is a fools errand.

DeletedUser

Whoever said anything about having specific noble villages? I had smithy at 15 in only a third of my villages, not in every village. Almost every nuke village I had also was capable of building nobles (and had nobles).

And guess again Ripfin, I know how to build propper nukes a typical example was (off the top of my head so I might be overestimating a bit):

6k Axes
2k LCav
1.2k MA
300 Rams

Also, spleen mage, I love it when people target my academies. Either it is a minor 6 hour rebuild or I just transport the resources elsewhere to buid coins. Either way you've not really hurt me with your catapults.

[EDIT] Missed this comment: When you rebuild actively your troops so you need lot of wood and iron - During the time of the clay shortage I was involved in a 3 month + long war that basically had myself and tribe mates slowly conquering our enemies and constantly having to rebuild nukes and defences. Those villages that were maxed had to shift their resources to villages rebuilding nukes.

DeletedUser

MA sucks...
Catapults hitting cleared village can demolish your village completely i.e hq, mines, smithy to low levels. I have 200 cats in every D village. I might send it to your poor smithy 15th level or hq 15th level and you would not recognize your village after few rounds of "fakes". :)

Ripfin

Whoever said anything about having specific noble villages? I had smithy at 15 in only a third of my villages, not in every village. Almost every nuke village I had also was capable of building nobles (and had nobles).

And guess again Ripfin, I know how to build propper nukes a typical example was (off the top of my head so I might be overestimating a bit):

6k Axes
2k LCav
1.2k MA
300 Rams

Also, spleen mage, I love it when people target my academies. Either it is a minor 6 hour rebuild or I just transport the resources elsewhere to buid coins. Either way you've not really hurt me with your catapults.

[EDIT] Missed this comment: When you rebuild actively your troops so you need lot of wood and iron - During the time of the clay shortage I was involved in a 3 month + long war that basically had myself and tribe mates slowly conquering our enemies and constantly having to rebuild nukes and defences. Those villages that were maxed had to shift their resources to villages rebuilding nukes.

I bet you my Catapults would hurt you.

many on 2 worlds feared my catapults, players have even quit after they hit them.

DeletedUser

Why exactly does MA suck? In a world where archers exist and will be used they do the job they were designed to do very well.

[EDIT] Second the excellence of the Bonfire in this world. Catapults on the offence? -> A waste when they can stay home and slaughter attacking armies.

DeletedUser

Why exactly does MA suck? In a world where archers exist and will be used they do the job they were designed to do very well.

[EDIT] Second the excellence of the Bonfire in this world. Catapults on the offence? -> A waste when they can stay home and slaughter attacking armies.
Nobody wise enough does not build loads of archers because they sucks because of lot of wood needed. And MA is nothing faced to HC. All players builds load of HC. And finally MA takes +50% time to build in comparison to LC and they takes more farm space.

One of the best first pally item is ram item. Less farm space used by rams and less casualties of expensive unit ram because they hit twice and you may build less ram to hit the same level of wall.

Ripfin

you act like people use archers? to be honest I find Archers and MA's to be a waste of time, their bland and overall have lousy defenses.

DeletedUser

Playing in W17 I ran into archers all the time but I'll definately agree to HC being excellent all around. They may not be the best at anything but they are second best at a lot of things except cavalry defence.

I always wondered if archers had special rules in the combat calculation, about hitting first or something. I saw it discussed at some point but don't know if anyone ever reached a conclusion.

It was something to do with the order attacks happened and was something like MA -> Archers -> Other Units. I was never sure if it was true or not.

Tarion

you act like people use archers? to be honest I find Archers and MA's to be a waste of time, their bland and overall have lousy defenses.

Archers are fantastic if your opponent doesn't have MA. But the problem is, MA are needed in such tiny quantities to nullify Archers, that it's just easier to add them in if/when you need them.

DeletedUser

Archers are fantastic if your opponent doesn't have MA. But the problem is, MA are needed in such tiny quantities to nullify Archers, that it's just easier to add them in if/when you need them.

Ever done a simulation with lvl 20 wall and just MA vs Archers?

At -25% luck 1000 MA will kill 8500 Archers and have 1 MA surviving. Thats why my nukes when they have MA have about 1.2k.

DeletedUser

It is impossible... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

While you build 1 archer your rival can build 2 spear fighters.
While you build 2 MA your rival can build 3 LC.

End of story? :)

Nobody uses 1 type of unit defence. Your theoretical simulation is pointless.
Try simulate 50 LC hits 1000 axes without wall and you might discover something more funny. :)

DeletedUser

Axes aren't a defensive unit though are they?

Who cares if 1 spear costs 1/2 an archer if you've got the resources to build archers.

The MA vs LC argument is more relevant as also it take the same space to build 10 MA as it does 12.5 LC an LC have slightly better attack power. However, MA count as archers for offence/defence don't they? Therefore they do better against spears than LC but not nearly as good against swords.

[EDIT] (a little trigger happy tonight it seems) Axe has same defence vs Cavalry (5) as Archers do vs other archers so 50 MA vs 1000 archers with no wall will have the same effect.