Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

how many points for no ad mode? and is the duration of that going to change as well?
With this change you'll automatically have the no-ads mode enabled when you redeem a premium account.

DeletedUser

I agree with Tarcalion, this is just going to punish the players who buy the smaller packages which are usually, although not all the time, the less well off members.

Can't help but think that Innogames are shooting themselves in the foot here.

DeletedUser

Sounds like InnoGames is bringing the Tribal Wars premium point scheme more in line with The West and Grepolis. What is next...so many premium points every 14 days for specific functions like they have in the other games?

Grepolis' premium point advantages are too damn expensive to make it worthwhile for the average person...but InnoGames obviously makes money from the hardcare gamers who are willing to sell their soul for the competitive advantage. The West is fairly expensive as well, but at least the point cost to benefit advantage is relatively fair.

The one thing I always have enjoyed about Tribal Wars is the fact that the premium functions are consolidated as a single fee, and that fee is affordable...and as long as no separated charges occur in future game changes, this current pricing system isnt too bad, although it will take some getting used to...and will require a higher payment to take advantage of bulk discounts over the current prices.

DeletedUser

^^^And now, when you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game - there is no need to buy something extra for it, another feature being introduced.

you guys should have kept the ads. if it brought funding, because not all the upgrades are worthing paying for. some are good yes, but some actually make it so you don't want to play anymore. well not playing is kinda strong lol

DeletedUser

60 premium points - USD $2.99 - 1.99 GBP
200 premium points - USD $5.99 - 3.99 GBP
600 premium points - USD $5.99 - 9.99 GBP
1500 premium points - USD $29.49 - 19.99 GBP
5000 premium points - USD $73.99 - 49.99 GBP

I think I'll take the 600 for $5.99 since you offered in your mail.
you greedy, greedy bastards.

DeletedUser79695

I think such a huge price hike is totally insane (and particularly for those who have a few accounts on different worlds.., basically they are charging for less than a week what they have charged for a month - altho I could stand being corrected on this.., they way they've worked it out doesn't make it easy to compare.

ToPaT

So will they still want 1 prem account per world, I mean wouldn't it just be easier to get a gun to my head and extort me that way? O.O

DeletedUser

Isn't it wonderful that the recession has come to tw. So now we have to pay more for our fun too. Whatever happened to fair play and discussions with the consumer. I would imagine that out of respect for the general consumer you would have at least given a minimum of 30 days notice of any increase in cost so that it could be evaluated if the price hike was worth continuing to use your product.

Obviously there are no accountants in this establishment, or proof readers, hopefully most of us have a brain cell or two that continue to hold hands to be able to work out what you are meaning. Might I suggest that you now put out a mail stating that this is an April fools joke despite it being a little early.
Once the right hand knows what the left is doing perhaps you could get the correct information in one mail out.

zakipoo

a bit confusing and TW/innogame might lose some players based on them unable to afford it.
10 pp a day? whats wrong with the old system though?

DeletedUser

I agree with Tarcalion, this is just going to punish the players who buy the smaller packages which are usually, although not all the time, the less well off members.

Can't help but think that Innogames are shooting themselves in the foot here.

Defo.

I mean most people buy it in smaller packages because it doesnt dent their pay package too much on month by month basis.

This is terrible thing.

Hiking prices in a recession ....

You say its great additions you have made to the game and yes i admit their is quite a few that are good but also a few poor ones .

Unless like last year, this is another april falls joke.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser87897

So im from Australia and the general conversions that i can de mentally seems to be a bit higher than what i would like to hear, im not complaining but could someone please point me to a area where i can find the Australian prices, 30PP points were only like $15.90 and i dont want to get flustered by incorrect math on my part.

zakipoo

Isn't it wonderful that the recession has come to tw. So now we have to pay more for our fun too. Whatever happened to fair play and discussions with the consumer. I would imagine that out of respect for the general consumer you would have at least given a minimum of 30 days notice of any increase in cost so that it could be evaluated if the price hike was worth continuing to use your product.

Obviously there are no accountants in this establishment, or proof readers, hopefully most of us have a brain cell or two that continue to hold hands to be able to work out what you are meaning. Might I suggest that you now put out a mail stating that this is an April fools joke despite it being a little early.
Once the right hand knows what the left is doing perhaps you could get the correct information in one mail out.

lol qft

Jedi Obi Wan

Innogames have constantly introduced new features over the past years, the newest coming to my mind being the Mobile Version - whilst i've been here, they've introduced churches, bonus villages, growing barbs, speed worlds etc. I cannot remember the prices being raised in all this time, which is out of proportion with other browser based, and indeed MMO games who have raised prices frequently.
And now, when you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game - there is no need to buy something extra for it, another feature being introduced.

most of us don't use the no-ads feature:(

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What does that mean to speed rounds?

Can we pay per round now with the lower point value as at times you may be able to play just one round but waste money buying for others at the same time.

DeletedUser

This will make more players quit playing.
the old system was ok.and it looks like TW's are getting greedy like all the rest of the internet,it's all money money money.

if these prices go ahead i will not be buying the premium next time.and i might even find another game to play.

just being greedy i think

Status
Not open for further replies.