Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Isn't it wonderful that the recession has come to tw. So now we have to pay more for our fun too. Whatever happened to fair play and discussions with the consumer. I would imagine that out of respect for the general consumer you would have at least given a minimum of 30 days notice of any increase in cost so that it could be evaluated if the price hike was worth continuing to use your product.

Obviously there are no accountants in this establishment, or proof readers, hopefully most of us have a brain cell or two that continue to hold hands to be able to work out what you are meaning. Might I suggest that you now put out a mail stating that this is an April fools joke despite it being a little early.
Once the right hand knows what the left is doing perhaps you could get the correct information in one mail out.

I had to agree.. then lol'ed at the 2nd part.

DeletedUser

how many points do you need for a month of premium account???

DeletedUser

This is basically whats happening I think, please correct me if I'm wrong.

How many days you get for your money under new regime:

£1.99 - You now get 3 days less premium
£3.99 - You're paying £1 more for the same package
£9.99 - You get only 3 months premium compared to 4 months before
£19.99 - You get 7.5 months of premium compared to 10 months before

So that means to get the same rate as before you need to pay £50 for their 5000 point package.

DeletedUser

Hey people think about it HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY

The announcement (despite its obvious errors and needed corrections lending credence to the contrary) is 2 days early to be an April Fools' Day prank :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

They say it take 100 PP for 14 days of premium, but it doesn't say how many it will take for one month of premium. I'd like to know. Does anyone here know?

DeletedUser656

Sounds like InnoGames is bringing the Tribal Wars premium point scheme more in line with The West and Grepolis. What is next...so many premium points every 14 days for specific functions like they have in the other games?

Grepolis' premium point advantages are too damn expensive to make it worthwhile for the average person...but InnoGames obviously makes money from the hardcare gamers who are willing to sell their soul for the competitive advantage. The West is fairly expensive as well, but at least the point cost to benefit advantage is relatively fair.

The one thing I always have enjoyed about Tribal Wars is the fact that the premium functions are consolidated as a single fee, and that fee is affordable...and as long as no separated charges occur in future game changes, this current pricing system isnt too bad, although it will take some getting used to...and will require a higher payment to take advantage of bulk discounts over the current prices.

There are no plans to change our premium system to something like Grepolis or The West, where you pay for each feature. In fact, we're consolidating the two things you could pay for into one.

DeletedUser

Isn't it wonderful that the recession has come to tw. So now we have to pay more for our fun too. Whatever happened to fair play and discussions with the consumer. I would imagine that out of respect for the general consumer you would have at least given a minimum of 30 days notice of any increase in cost so that it could be evaluated if the price hike was worth continuing to use your product.

Obviously there are no accountants in this establishment, or proof readers, hopefully most of us have a brain cell or two that continue to hold hands to be able to work out what you are meaning. Might I suggest that you now put out a mail stating that this is an April fools joke despite it being a little early.
Once the right hand knows what the left is doing perhaps you could get the correct information in one mail out.

They have given until the 7th of April, enabling you to evaluate whether continuing to use tw is the right thing for you, and also enables you to buy premium on the lower prices until the 7th. 7 days seem ample time to me.

and you are right, in a sense. the recession has come to tw, as it has hit the whole world. if prices rise in other areas, such as marketing, Innogames will need increased funds to continue to be competitive. The servers, the capabilites to runs so many worlds on so many different national servers, the constant updates - they require money, and time. In over 3 years of me playing this game, they have not raised the price once - all other games i have played/play have raised prices at least twice during that time.

DeletedUser55479

can we have a poll to see if the players agree to the premium points being alot bigger? like 2000 and 60? similar thing was done with another game, but changes to a skill of the game, that was multiplied to look bigger.

DeletedUser81991

I use Firefox.

What are these "ads" you speak of?

So the reason for it is all the new features they added? I don't play on Army camp worlds, I don't play on my phone (and the mobile version sucks) and they still haven't fixed the horrible lag issues in the world I play in/pay for.

If you're going to change the price, then change the price of the already existing, easy to understand system. Don't change the points because honestly the new values are meaningless. Why not bump it up to 3000 premium points for three days of premium and sell them in blocks of 1000 for $1?

Stupid, stupid move, Innogames.

DeletedUser

Hey people think about it HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY

ahh, after last year I decided to not fall for these jokes anymore..
But I was shocked when I did read the mail...

Could be a possible april fools day... But if it isn't: they really ruined it for themselfs..

DeletedUser

They say it take 100 PP for 14 days of premium, but it doesn't say how many it will take for one month of premium. I'd like to know. Does anyone here know?

Thats because they've removed the option to pay monthly to try and confuse players into thinking they're getting a good deal.

DeletedUser

Do you all not think that this could have something to do with April 1st, Remember last year, this lot are really funny and like to play jokes for April Fools, remember the tax on the market transactions???

zakipoo

basically 10 pp a day of game play :|

will there be a disable just in case youre not gonna play the next day and not let it go to waste????

DeletedUser

How does this price change/premium point guessing game affect those who credit their world accounts several months in advance after buying points?

DeletedUser

I would like 2 "features" added considering the new prices.
Paying only one premium for all worlds OR add a time-limit for worlds.
It's funny how we have to pay higher prices in those dead worlds just because some kids don't think on the long term and game-creators don't impose a time-limit.

DeletedUser

I'm not quite sure what your all complaining about?

Businesses make money.

Innogames is a business.

Innogames have improved their product and so the price is reflecting that.

At the end of the day, the Premium Package was incredibly good value for money, now its still great value for money.

I will agree that changing the points system was a little unusual and unnecessary, a simple price increase on the standard system would have mad thinks far easier. Though that said, buy your points in the next week and you'll actually be saving money!

Thanks for the sweetner to this InnoGames, No-Ads mode included aswell is great, those things are so annoying :)

Please though, I hope like has been stated before, you never intend to switch to a system where you can buy different types of perk packages.

Many Thanks and keep up the good work!

MonkyCMonkey Do

DeletedUser

Do you all not think that this could have something to do with April 1st, Remember last year, this lot are really funny and like to play jokes for April Fools, remember the tax on the market transactions???

highly doubt a company trying to make money would joke about money.

dont you people make enough of it already? get your hands out my pockets please.
1 less paying customer here.

DeletedUser

Thats because they've removed the option to pay monthly to try and confuse players into thinking they're getting a good deal.

Totally agree, the email has been carefully worded (and then spelt incorrectly with the wrong dates, idiots) to try and confuse people into thinking that they're getting a great new deal.

theFBIman

Dear players,

Starting April 7th, we will change the prices for our premium accounts.

Here is a short overview of the new prices.

Code:
60 premium points  	USD $2.99	GBP 1.99
200 premium points 	USD $5.99	GBP 3.99
600 premium points 	USD $14.99	GBP 9.99
1500 premium points 	USD $29.49	GBP 19.99
5000 premium points 	USD $73.99	GBP 49.99

For 30 Premium Points, you get 3 days of premium account, for 100 points, you get 14 days. In practice, that means that you get 30 weeks of Premium Account for 19.99 €. The no-ads mode will be included in our new premium account!

Your existing points will be recalculated by multiplying them by 46 and rounding them up to the next number dividable by ten. That sounds complicated, but by this we make sure that no one loses any value for their bought points – that was very important for us! In fact, some will even gain one day.

Examples:
- 1 old point would be converted to 50 new points. Currently you would get 3 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 3 days + 20 points.
- 5 old points would be converted to 230 new points. Currently you would get 30 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 31 days (2*14+3=31).
- 50 old points would be converted to 2300 new points. Currently you would get 300 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 322 days (23*14=322).

If you compare the new prices with the old system, you will find out that we raised the prices in the lower levels. On the other hand, buying 5000 Premium Points at once will give you the chance to continue with the same cost/month rate as before.

We know that it will never be popular to raise prices. But please also take into account that this is the first time we have raised the prices for Tribal Wars in general. We have also introduced many new Premium features (i.e. the mobile version in 6.0). Last but not least, we are confident to offer you a great value for your money.

The new prices will go live on the 7th of April. Until that day, you can buy Premium Points with the old price system.

so basically for 30 days of premium, which now costs 2.90 Euro (2.90 GPB at inno counts) i will now pay, with the new, improved system 3.99 GBP, so about 35% increase. Way to go.
But, for 5000 points it will be the same. i lol'd. you say that if we pay 50 Euro we will have the same ratio? i lol'd again while writing this.
Inno, congratulations for losing another client.

DeletedUser

I use Firefox.

What are these "ads" you speak of?

So the reason for it is all the new features they added? I don't play on Army camp worlds, I don't play on my phone (and the mobile version sucks) and they still haven't fixed the horrible lag issues in the world I play in/pay for.

If you're going to change the price, then change the price of the already existing, easy to understand system. Don't change the points because honestly the new values are meaningless. Why not bump it up to 3000 premium points for three days of premium and sell them in blocks of 1000 for $1?

Stupid, stupid move, Innogames.

But you do play on worlds with growing barbs, (bonus villages?) the new overviews, the capabilites and interfacing to run legal recruitment scripts, a newly designed forum, claiming system, options to highlight players, the political map, etc. these are a few of the features that have been introduced whilst i've been here, that there has been no price raise at all for.

Status
Not open for further replies.