Pacman: The truth will out

Wolfren

Guys it's a war game.. Get over it, every successful tribe has done it in the past and some will do it in the future. It makes TW more fun so don't complain!!!

DeletedUser104941

Well done dabearo, that took some class.

@ Kalkoenvet; Please don't mention bunny's name again, your opinion means nothing to us.

DeletedUser

I'm not worried about people gang-banging us, if that's how you want to play, be my guest we'll play. I'm just apologizing for the mess it has caused. Surely that's not a bad thing?

DeletedUser107718

Didn't you try to join PacMan but weren't good enough or something?
Yes you're correct that me and my small premade of players to this world asked if we could join you. However, we got the answer that we were too far away, nobody in your tribe has absolutely no way of judging how good we are since you have no idea who we are.

But sure, you may say that we're too bad if you want :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser104941

I'm not worried about people gang-banging us, if that's how you want to play, be my guest we'll play. I'm just apologizing for the mess it has caused. Surely that's not a bad thing?

Nope, credit where credits due, we all screw up now and then.

Child in time

After reading two pages of this thread, all I can say that if it were my tribe, we'd not give other tribes any reason to believe we're in some kind of diplomatically neutral or friendly situation with them when we're clearly planning on fighting them. I'd at least have had the courtesy to tell them the NAP is off and they have 24 hours or so to prepare for attacks - honestly, it makes the game more honorable, and definitely more interesting than simply sneaking up on players.

DeletedUser

does this mean you guys are going to continue attacking them(Nebula)?

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I must admit that to have open diplomacy like that is very poor on both sides I've mentioned such things myself.
Its not worth a thing.

Open ended diplomacy is just like the recruit me please mails that every leader gets.
I would have thought more of a high ranked tribe as it could have turned the other way & your members could have been nobled. I would not have put doubt into the agreement.

Mmmmm Food

Yep I noticed the very weak nukes must have been the near full D players attacking :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Well done dabearo, that took some class.

@ Kalkoenvet; Please don't mention bunny's name again, your opinion means nothing to us.
Only if you stop posting. Oh wait, you wont. Keep it up Kalk.

DeletedUser104941

And from now on his name is turkey.

Thanks child in time ;)

DeletedUser

Even though it's

exactly what we did in World 56? :icon_rolleyes:

Care to expound on that? I didn't play 56 for too long, I don't believe I went much further than 400k there, but I do not recall MoM doing anything very similar to this on a large scale on 56 :icon_neutral:d

@ Chaos

[SPOIL]
Devils Trill Oct 08,2012 19:59
Just so as you know, I've been away for three days and had no idea our tribes had a NaP in place. It's possible that the agreement was made before I went off but I have your tribe highlighted for map reasons, therefore, I wouldn't of had seen the change on the map, at least. Whether or not you believe me is up to you though.
[/SPOIL]

:lol:

and very respectable of you to apologize DaBearo, I'm not Saiyan (<== :icon_biggrin:) it's uncommon or an awful thing for you to turn on an NAP like that, just that Pacman is/was a respected tribe, and I think most people would expect better than such underhanded tactics, but oh well.

Guys it's a war game.. Get over it, every successful tribe has done it in the past and some will do it in the future. It makes TW more fun so don't complain!!!

Obviously, but along with it being a war game its also a very diplomatic game, if a tribe were to prove early on that they can't be trusted and won't honor an arrangement, then odds are that won't help them later on. Also, I wouldn't say every successful tribe has done it, that's idiotic. Furthermore, to say every successful tribe in the past has done it and some would in the future is contradictory, and also, idiotic. :|

Just Saiyan. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser106946

Well I'd say Pacman has gone a long a way towards making any diplomacy with them meaningless. Keep it up, please.

I think the meaning of this story is: Pointless diplomacy is pointless. You can say no to a nap ya know.

Anyone with diplomacy with Pacman get ready to be back stabbed. :lol:

DeletedUser107951

so ultimately... is this a 7 page declaration? ... if so, game on for all involved...

if not,

Thanks for warning NEBULA!
Thanks for the apology Pacman!

time to move on for all involved... don't you think?

DeletedUser

on W62, Agency for sure has never once had a single diplomatic agreement they have ignored or gone against without being forced to do so by hostilities from the other party. I believe Panic! on W62 can say the same. Both are premades.

Also, I saw we got mentioned here and are being flamed for:
1) Troopcount
2) Attacking an NAP tribe

1) Well, if you look at our ODA, you will see we attemped to cat down someone when he nobled next door to us a few days ago. This wiped out our entire Off at that point as he managed to get more support than we anticipated.

We rebuilt and then went for the guy in the reports posted (PabloB) whilst co-ordinating with another member of Pacman (and the troops we lost were purely from landing the first noble 6ms before the cover nuke). Our ODD shows his backtime dying on our wall (we managed to dodge it, but kudos to him for the backtime as it was fairly tight). But to flame us for our troopcount is to ignore the simple fact that out ODT is (or at least was earlier) top 20 for a reason that we've been rather unlucky.

2) We didn't know about agreements made until after we sent attacks, and so it is unfair on us that you flame us for the fact that our duke is too nice to local tribes and just said "yes" to things to save time listening to tribes argue with him to convince him to say yes anyway.

We don't agree with this type of diplomatic move, but as Dabearo has said it was a mistake the way it was handled so people should maybe just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyDishSoap

The simple fact is, one tribe believed in the info and acted accordingly, to which no one can really hold blame towards them. If you recieved a warning from someone that he was about to nuke your little city, would you not launch your own pre-emptive strike? If not, you need to really re-think your strategy, or move on to another game where hugs and candy are plentiful.

So kudos to the leadership in handling the information in what any other sensible person would do in a game with WAR in it.

DeletedUser107899

Posting that spoiler achieved what exactly? :icon_neutral:

It shows that you chose to test our tribe, found out we know how to send quick effective support, then quickly tried to diffuse the situation with an apology. Just like Dabearo is trying to apologize, because he bit off more than he can chew, and doesn't want to choke on it. We are at least the second tribe you have surprise attacked under a nap agreement, and you're scared all the tribes are going to kick you out of the core.