Player Discussion. I guess. That's about as broad as I could make it. >)

DeletedUser

I suggest you review the difference between your profile... and Aeli's.

I've got standards, y'know. :p

And the hidden part in my mod intro :icon_rolleyes:

@mason sub-minon sound good?
once you fix your profile ofc

DeletedUser79621

Anyway...

Back to a discussion about King, as I have something to ask of Grind players (Jobe or King whichever answers first)

If King had friends in Shadow when the tribes were allies. Why would he want to stack the border with said friends? Surely he trusted us enough not to attack him as he was friends with the majority of members.

I know they had back-stabbed before blah blah blah, don't even bother going to that stupid argument, the people in charge at the time of those back-stabbings were different to the leaders in charge when Grind became our allies.

Jobetopia

Anyway...

Back to a discussion about King, as I have something to ask of Grind players (Jobe or King whichever answers first)

If King had friends in Shadow when the tribes were allies. Why would he want to stack the border with said friends? Surely he trusted us enough not to attack him as he was friends with the majority of members.

I know they had back-stabbed before blah blah blah, don't even bother going to that stupid argument, the people in charge at the time of those back-stabbings were different to the leaders in charge when Grind became our allies.

Tell that to T*Unit! (Sorry, just a joke lol)

Basically Kris it was a question of where the wind blows, there were a few people (myself included, but I dont count as I had not returned to Grind at that point) who had an idea that this was on the way. JR was one, King was another - They raised the question and believed that something was about to go down, but did not know what or when precisely.

Sadly the rest of the leadership did not listen and sidelined there objections - choosing to believe that Shadow would not betray them despite disturbing evidence (which continued to mount,TLA/Shadow being nice to each other on the forums, Bandits "accidental" Scouting, Madlax relocation etc etc).

King asked to stack as a precaution and it was refused as the council and Docke did not want to show distrust in there allies. He also asked Madlax and a few others directly and was assured that there were no war plans and he decided to trust them.

As for the friends part, I am not criticising Madlax and others for not warning King. - It was in there Tribal interest not to do so - but the signs of the coming attack were there, Grind just chose to disregard them and trust shadow - A bad decision on Grind's part yes (an awful decision infact) - But not Kings decison.

DeletedUser79621

Who are T*UNit? =D

Thank you Jobe for clearing it up. I wasn't asking out of spite or trying to pick a hole in your story. I wanted the facts and I got them.

Now I know, you can go back to discussing your modship of MKC's website (That I'm upset I wasn't invited to
:icon_cry:)

Timebug

I know King even less, but i have to agree on almost everything you say here.

Isnt it true that even a real skilled player will loose lots of villas when he is confronted with such an overwhelming effort?

Without trying to flame anyone:
This is Tribal Wars.
So this made me wonder as to why someone would write on this forum that getting the help of his tribemates nukes to noble villas after an entire tribe put its effort on this single player is prove of bad skills.

If you truly want to know if King has skills, go after him with only your account, no help from your tribe. If you fight him coordinated, then stop the whining on him getting help from his tribe.

You missed my point. There's a difference in your tribe helping you, and letting your tribe do everything for you. ;)

Soberknight

Ebbs, Jobe and Timebug,

Thank you for trying to clarify a bit more to the outsiders ( as i am) on why this player had to be skinned on the forums.

After reading all posts i can understand why he was flamed so ferociously. One has to be carefull on how to voice your opinion on this forum.

But if i give you 3 the same credibility ( and i do) i still see no reason to doubt this players skills based on this war. Its obvious he helped his tribe in any way he could (as Jobe mentioned) and it is very much TW-like to get the help from your tribe in return (by nuking villas that supported other villas).

@Timebug:
I have to be honest: it was your post that triggered me to respond, allthough i respect you as a player and in forum i have not seen much flaming from you before.
I still think if you were right about King not helping his tribe, GRIND would never have wasted their nukes for him.
A tribe will only help those members that have shown they are worth it (by helping your tribe in any way you can for example).

I hope this will help in ending this chapter of flaming King. I think enough is enough and it would be more fun to see all focus back on the map in this matter.

DeletedUser

[spoil]Initially King asked for the support to be sent to the players in his Group - not himself - and carried on supporting those players himself even while taking a beating. He was working for the Tribe, not himself. [/spoil]

Sure, he may have said that, but as I said before, this was untrue. We took villages in the first week of the war that had support in King's villages. These villages we took were also front line villages, so his actions seem to not match his words. He got support, and as a result his tribemates lost their villages.

[spoil]However your reading of "Fiction" is implying something I never said - wether King asked for this war or not is not the point, the only thing I comment on was the people claiming that he was a terrible player because of the results of this war - and my opinion is that this is both unfair and untrue :) The fact that in your words king asked for this war is an irrelevant one, and indeed, a fact that I did not state or debate - but feel free to show me where the fiction in my reply to Timebug is? - I may have been mistaken in something, but I believe it to be factual?[/spoil]

King asking for this war is completely relevant in the scheme of things. He asked for this war, he should have been ready. The fiction comment was related to SoberKnight's post, as he was looking through the window, but did not have the full picture. He was responding to TimeBug complaining about Myster getting tribal support. He left out the part where Myster said he would give us a 1 v 1, hence leaving out the point where King got what he asked for and complained either way. So no, it had nothing to do with your comment to timebug.

[spoil]As for the bias - personal bias is also held to account by tribal bias in this game, you may hold no feelings of dislike for King personally, but your post is still following the party line of your Tribe. I do see your point of course, and agree to an extent - For example, we argue all the time on these forums, but I dont dislike you, on the contary - I actually like you and enjoy our little debates immensely as you generally give me a good argument! lol.[/spoil]

"Everything is opinion and everything is bias." - This goes for my posts too. However, I was trying to portray the entirety of the situation, such as the internal forum posts by king, aswell as my opinion on them to Sober. The opinion on the forum posts can be discarded if one wishes, but the facts (forum posts asking for the war) must be taken into account before others draw up their own conclusion.

[spoil]In this case however the state of Kings account was not entirely his fault, he was ordered not to stack his Villa's on the Shadow border and to move his support to the TLA front - Docke even informed Bandit that king had been refused permission to stack his borders, which was the equivalent of hanging a pink flashing neon sign around his neck saying "Target here". The reason given was that we did not want to show distrust of our allies - a poor decision, but not Kings decision. [/spoil]

I guess this is of importance. But none the less, he should have been able to defend better. I will agree with you, he was handicap in this due to support being elsewhere but from the reports he left so many troops at home when he was attacked. He didnt dodge with offence or defence. He didnt snipe trains that were, to put bluntly, terrible. I seen a 10 second train succeed on a village he didnt dodge defence with a few hours before. If he did, he'd have another village. This also was not an isolated situation and trains in excess of 500ms were making it through with ease. I do however have to laugh at bolded section. Your duke clearly did want to distrust us, as it was this want that brought the war on.

[spoil]Added to the fact that a vast amount of his offence was killed just before your attack while (again under orders) he participated in a Tribal op on a stacked player. - Ordinarily this would not be a problem, the offence was in a safe location and would have been rebuilt, but Shadow attacked before this was done.[/spoil]

Fair enough, he was at an offensive disadvantage. As I said, he is a good offensive player, or atleast has been in the past. His defensive abilities have severly hampered his O abilities though, leaving troops at home and such. Poor show by leadership though, wasting troops on stacked villages. ODA whoring is counter productive.

[spoil]
Basically Kris it was a question of where the wind blows, there were a few people (myself included, but I dont count as I had not returned to Grind at that point) who had an idea that this was on the way. JR was one, King was another - They raised the question and believed that something was about to go down, but did not know what or when precisely.

Sadly the rest of the leadership did not listen and sidelined there objections - choosing to believe that Shadow would not betray them despite disturbing evidence (which continued to mount,TLA/Shadow being nice to each other on the forums, Bandits "accidental" Scouting, Madlax relocation etc etc).

King asked to stack as a precaution and it was refused as the council and Docke did not want to show distrust in there allies. He also asked Madlax and a few others directly and was assured that there were no war plans and he decided to trust them.

As for the friends part, I am not criticising Madlax and others for not warning King. - It was in there Tribal interest not to do so - but the signs of the coming attack were there, Grind just chose to disregard them and trust shadow - A bad decision on Grind's part yes (an awful decision infact) - But not Kings decison.
[/spoil]

A ridiculous argument. Logic went out the window with you for this one :p

Shadow seen your LEADERS chat with TLA, and decided to declare/backstab/turn on/per-empitively strike Grind (use any word you want, dose not change anything). Your evidence that was mounting up was all after YOU decided we were untrustworthy. Not one piece of evidence before your leader took it upon himself to question our integrity, and you sure as hell know it or else it would have been posted. So yes, your leader threw the first snowball that turned into an avalanche.

So, you had no reason to distrust us until you took the first step. In the end, it was your distrust that led to your demise. Trusting us was a fine decision, infact I applaud Docke for seeing Shards' and Kim's new regime. What was a terrible decision was distrusting us, as once trust has been lost by one side, it is shortly lost by the other. In my opinion, trust once lost can never be regained to the same level.

Just for a purely hypothetical situation, lets say that Shadow had always planned to attack Grind Bandit and Madlax were just looking for a reason. They had no reason what so ever, everything was going well and our members were friends. Do you honestly think that going to our enemies and asking them to team up with you was a good idea? Thats where I fail to see JR's logic, or lack of.

As for the evidence that your leadership "should" have seen after you decided we were horrible people... Kim's truely was a mistake. Madlax was indeed preparing Im sure, for TLA or Grind, I am not sure... In all honesty, I am sure she was just trying to get closer to me :icon_redface: But ye, I would absolutely love for you to give us all a reason why you shouldnt have trusted Kim/Kat before JR's actions.

Jobetopia

Sure, he may have said that, but as I said before, this was untrue. We took villages in the first week of the war that had support in King's villages. These villages we took were also front line villages, so his actions seem to not match his words. He got support, and as a result his tribemates lost their villages.

Lol - Ebbs, the truth is that he did not "Ask" for the support intitally, yes support was sent to him, he is a popular guy in our Tribe and people wanted to help wether he asked for it or not - So I am not surprised you took villa's that had some incoming supports to them. However, to blame the loss of other Tribe Mates villa's on King?? - That is both harsh and unfair, especially when the Tribal support that King did specifically request was for his other Tribe Mates. You can accuse King of as much as you like, but you cannot accuse him of not looking out for those in his area.

King asking for this war is completely relevant in the scheme of things. He asked for this war, he should have been ready. The fiction comment was related to SoberKnight's post, as he was looking through the window, but did not have the full picture. He was responding to TimeBug complaining about Myster getting tribal support. He left out the part where Myster said he would give us a 1 v 1, hence leaving out the point where King got what he asked for and complained either way. So no, it had nothing to do with your comment to timebug.

Ahh I see, I believed you were trying to say the opinion I outlined in my reply to Timebug was fiction - when it clearly was not as you admit.

[spoil]
Everything is opinion and everything is bias. However, some opinions are based on fiction rather than fact. Everyone can see one set of statistics and judge from there, however, sometimes people dont have the facts. I was merely enlightening Sober, you have polluted his poor mind.

[spoil]Never the less - your are quite right, that is just my opinion, which funnily enough is why I said at the end of the post.[/spoil]

You're* A rare error on your part :p Once again... Opinion based on fiction needs to be corrected.
[/spoil]

You can see how I made that mistake :icon_wink:

Although I think whatever Myster "Asked for" is completely irrelevant in what we were discussing - which was wether or not Myster deserved to be branded as a terrible player (and even a runner by less informed individuals). Did he get what he asked for? You say yourself he asked for a 1 V 1 - It appears that he got a tribe V one - However, thats irrelevant really as it does not pertain to the matter we were discussing :)

"Everything is opinion and everything is bias." - This goes for my posts too. However, I was trying to portray the entirety of the situation, such as the internal forum posts by king, aswell as my opinion on them to Sober. The opinion on the forum posts can be discarded if one wishes, but the facts (forum posts asking for the war) must be taken into account before others draw up their own conclusion.

Fair enough, :) - I still fail to see how King making a post asking for a 1 V 1 has anything to do with the assumptions being made about his ingame skill. And I believe (I could be wrong) that those comments were made some months before this war started when he was involved in a fairly heated debate with Bandit?

I guess this is of importance. But none the less, he should have been able to defend better. I will agree with you, he was handicap in this due to support being elsewhere but from the reports he left so many troops at home when he was attacked. He didnt dodge with offence or defence. He didnt snipe trains that were, to put bluntly, terrible. I seen a 10 second train succeed on a village he didnt dodge defence with a few hours before. If he did, he'd have another village. This also was not an isolated situation and trains in excess of 500ms were making it through with ease. I do however have to laugh at bolded section. Your duke clearly did want to distrust us, as it was this want that brought the war on.

However, as stated - King was not around much at the beggining of the war - Its hard to snipe or move troops if your not online to do so - King actually logged on to a whole lot of untagged incomings, and many attacks which had already hit. Its not hard for a terrible 10 second gap train to succeed if your not online snipe it or dodge the defence. - Wether you want to accept it or not, King was working 12 Hour shifts at work for the first 4 or 5 days of the war and was not able to play.

Fair enough, he was at an offensive disadvantage. As I said, he is a good offensive player, or atleast has been in the past. His defensive abilities have severly hampered his O abilities though, leaving troops at home and such. Poor show by leadership though, wasting troops on stacked villages. ODA whoring is counter productive.

That is rather a large jump to an inacuurate conclusion is it not? I would agree that ODA point whoring is indeed counter productive, but sometimes you do need to break stacks to move forward - and thats nothing to do with ODA Whoring, I know Shadow have lost quite a few nukes recently on one villa - because I have had a stream of reports from my support there, were they ODA Whoring? Or were they simply trying to take the Villa? In ordinary situations it would not have mattered much, it could have been rebuilt and there was no immediate threat - unfortunately you attacked soon after so it did matter. I would agree it was a poor leadership decision given the signs at the time, but it was not Kings decison.

A ridiculous argument. Logic went out the window with you for this one :p

Shadow seen your LEADERS chat with TLA, and decided to declare/backstab/turn on/per-empitively strike Grind (use any word you want, dose not change anything). Your evidence that was mounting up was all after YOU decided we were untrustworthy. Not one piece of evidence before your leader took it upon himself to question our integrity, and you sure as hell know it or else it would have been posted. So yes, your leader threw the first snowball that turned into an avalanche.

So, you had no reason to distrust us until you took the first step. In the end, it was your distrust that led to your demise. Trusting us was a fine decision, infact I applaud Docke for seeing Shards' and Kim's new regime. What was a terrible decision was distrusting us, as once trust has been lost by one side, it is shortly lost by the other. In my opinion, trust once lost can never be regained to the same level.

Just for a purely hypothetical situation, lets say that Shadow had always planned to attack Grind Bandit and Madlax were just looking for a reason. They had no reason what so ever, everything was going well and our members were friends. Do you honestly think that going to our enemies and asking them to team up with you was a good idea? Thats where I fail to see JR's logic, or lack of.

As for the evidence that your leadership "should" have seen after you decided we were horrible people... Kim's truely was a mistake. Madlax was indeed preparing Im sure, for TLA or Grind, I am not sure... In all honesty, I am sure she was just trying to get closer to me :icon_redface: But ye, I would absolutely love for you to give us all a reason why you shouldnt have trusted Kim/Kat before JR's actions.

Well Ebbs - I will deal with this one as a block - I am sorry to have to tell you that its a very logical argument, you have just failed to understand it completely lol.

I am not actually talking in anyway about who was "Responsible" for the war, I am talking about the time line a week or two before the War when it seemed clear that Shadow was mobilising for war. And that is the "Evidence" I quoted, King spotted it, Jr Spotted it - (For example 5 days before the war started JR was vainly trying to warn people it was about to start, just after bandits scouting incident).

[spoil]
mr jr token on 11.04. at 00:17
Author wrote:JohnyR15 on 10.04. at 22:50
Next time you scout me you will regret
whats this tell you?
[/spoil]

But they were not listened too. The point being, that no matter who was actually responsible for the war starting (and to be honest I think thats a point we have all argued into the ground) when the decison had already been made and Shadow were preparing to launch there "Preemptive Backstab" (if thats what you want to call it) - Jr and King tried to warn the Tribe but were ignored and King was refused permission to stack his Villa's because it was feared it would show Distrust and provoke a war if you guys thought we were stacking our borders against you. Thats a fact.

- Was it a bad decision? Yes it was! Because as stated, the evidence on offer showed that Shadow was Mobilisng along our borders. The Key point is however, it was not Kings decision and he was refused the right to stack.

You can revisit all the old stuff about distrust and who was responsible for the war if you want, thats fine - but it has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making or the subject Kris and I were talking about, and nothing to do with the evidence of your mobilisation, all of which happened a long time after the ceasefires and skypechats you bring up. :)

You are just arguing a Point I did not make, or even try to make in this thread.

DeletedUser

Jobe, didn't even read your whole post but I got to the part where you said he got a tribe V 1. That's what he asked for, albeit Ebbs phrased it wrong. I'm never going to forget that day because it's the very same day he personally insulted Kim on these forums and got on my list of people I couldn't care less for.

So you think there are motives behind this, put it this way if i wanted to attack DSL i can do it without Grind thats not a problem, just say the word and ill drop out of Grind and fight DSL solo if you want to be funny with me about a constructive arguement...

He said he would take on Shadow by himself any time, Shadow just had to say when. Two out of the three prominent Shadow leaders at the time, Bandit and forsaken, all posted a 'When' post within an hour of his posting that.

Don't be a fool. No single player could defeat DSL. Here you go..........Word.

To Kingmyster,

With all due respect and every fathom of possible reproach, WORD.

Please attack me first. In my time in this game, I have never seen a more arrogant response to those trying to be civil. So I hereby call you out. Bandit of the West is my name. Lets see what you've got :)

He stayed in GRIND. Then after getting shattered pretty hard, he used a tribal OP to gloat his personal skill, which is heavily misguided at best. He was powerless alone. Case dismissed.

DeletedUser

Jobe you keep harping on about king not being allowed to stack his border, what was to stop him from doing it without the leaderships knowledge? Also shadow would have been none the wiser until they attacked.

I can totally understand him not being allowed if most of his D was on the NSA front at the time stacking others, however if it wasn't he made an costly error.

Jobetopia

Fair Enough Madlax - Yes Ebbs did word that one wrong :)

I still fail to see how it applies to Kings ingame skill - the subject that was being discussed. But looking indepth - at that point King did say:

[spoil]
Shards first off i never said DSL were guilty of the crimes but Graylin himself was one of the main offenders in this world as we all know.

I don't know why you don't rename to NME if its not DSL anymore if you want to shake the image.

If you want to be funny with me for making statements about your attack on Yoni and if you look at the post from a different perspective not your own tribe it could be construde as a tad insulting.

So you think there are motives behind this, put it this way if i wanted to attack DSL i can do it without Grind thats not a problem, just say the word and ill drop out of Grind and fight DSL solo if you want to be funny with me about a constructive arguement...

After all i only protect the DSL southern flank for over a year from NSA, so that DSL southern players can noble 1.5k barbs in my clusters and not fight NSA, which really hacks me off...

Also where did i say that you were superior or arrogant or was that just for effect?
[/spoil]

And later when pressed he explained in more depth.

[spoil]
My loyalty is to Grind and its players i won't let them down over my personal feelings...

I will voice my opnion against anyone and any tribe, if i upset other peoples feelings then so be it.

If DSL are looking for an agenda well i was just sticking up for my tribemate, right or wrong he is a Grind member, and anyone who gangs up on Grind or Bump i will stick up for. If you want to twist that, then its upto you?
[/spoil]

You were sticking up for Kim, your friend and Tribemate - Myster was speaking up for Yoni, his friend and Tribemate - so both of you were arguing against a percieved slight to the others friend.

Crucially though - where did King say he would beat you? He said that he was prepared to fight you for what he believed in, and was happy to drop out and take you on, bravado certainly - and his post was in response to your post which claimed he had some sort of motive for posting against you.

We are where we are and the only way I can see anyone taking those words as anything but what they are has their own motives to do so.

His only motive was sticking up for his Tribe mate (something he continues to do for his Tribe Mates now) - You implied that his motive was to attack DSL, he responded by saying if he wanted to he could drop out of Grind and fight DSL - but that was not his motive.

It was a heated argument at the time obviously, but to base an entirely literal meaning on a counter point? - I dont think thats a particually fair reading.

As for Forsakens comment:

Don't be a fool. No single player could defeat DSL. Here you go..........Word.

I actually agree, no single player could stand up to DSL on there own, a single player could not stand up to TLA, or Grind, or NSA either for that matter.

Of course, much as you just have, Forsaken was taking Kings actual meaning out of context - but he was right - Even the mighty Exor14 could not stand up to one of the big Tribes on his own with no support, yet we are now supposed to judge King a bad player because he did not either when your Tribe focused on him as its main target?

Or because he reclaimed some Villa's with the help of his Tribe? - Much as you took his with the help of yours?

Lots of people come on here to insult his Skill unfairly, or to make sweeping genralisations after taking a sentence in a post made 4 months ago completely out of context - but the fact remains that Myster has been loyal to Grind, has supported his Tribe Mates, has worked for the good of his tribe no matter what his own losses were - And is still here helping and fighting alongside his Tribe Mates when many others have quit without putting in a fraction of the effort he has.

So yes, I do support King - Frankly he is the sort of player I am happy to have in my Tribe and happy to call a friend.

The Defence Rests :)

DeletedUser

Timebug, you seem... frustrated that King took villages and he did not do it on his own,

You would have a leg to stand on if you took villages off him on your own.

Last I checked that did not occur.

And Madlax you are all forgetting the apologies that occurred just after the shadow 1vKing. And you have forgotten the emotional posts that occured on both sides.

Alot of the posts here people try to sound like their own crap dont stink, I wonder how ethical it was to implement your plan when the leader of TLA was away. Maybe that was another case of explotation at it's fullest!?

Jobe that english literature degree goes to waste. If I need a lawyer I am ringing you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Considering your post you didn't even read the entire context of that back and forth argument and threw a typical snowjob on it. Not that I'm surprised, that tends to be your posting style. King's comments at Kim were not in there yet, nor was my post that contain the most literal, civil, straightforward truth I've ever written down on this forum having anything to do with attacking yoni, so 'sticking up for yoni' is really a can of crap in itself. He never stated he would win, but he asked for the fight, and when he got it he did not perform. Trains were not sniped. Troops were not dodged, or even moved around to make some semblance of a defense. Meanwhile he was clearly online, posting in these very forums, as the walls came crashing down. He rolled over, that's not the mark of a good player. I know GRIND has constantly claimed all of his troops were in K54, if that were true, he would not have gotten much ODD in that opening wave, either. Also, if he refused support, how exactly would people 2 continents or more away know where to send it? The fact also remains that he BACKED OUT of that willingness you reward him credit for when he was called on it, surprise surprise. I also disagree with the notion that a player can't break a tribe on their own without tribal support, so please don't state that as a matter of fact; it is not.

I wonder how ethical it was to implement your plan when the leader of TLA was away. Maybe that was another case of explotation at it's fullest!

You have no idea how this was planned or what happened or why our tribe even exists, so you're harping on a clueless point. We didn't invite anyone in TLA until the TLA parties that wanted to be involved in were ready to come over. It was members of the TLA council that brought over TLA players to NN, not I, not Bandit, nor anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser62494

Alot of the posts here people try to sound like their own crap dont stink, I wonder how ethical it was to implement your plan when the leader of TLA was away. Maybe that was another case of explotation at it's fullest!?

Allow me to put this thought to rest once and for all. Sam aka Damage was completely aware of the idea of NN and was also aware that many of his top players/leaders where considering joining it. It was no secret that 2 out of 3 barons in TLA made it completely clear that we planned to join NN before Sam was away.

DeletedUser

NN was made cause slayer said he would put a video of him dancing around singing im a barbie girl.. in a barbie world..

Dance puppet dance!!!