Player Discussion. I guess. That's about as broad as I could make it. >)

Jobetopia

sorry but im going to chime in here..

Moddy.. again.. choose the top point whore of w29.. I found this today pretty amusing.. and before your post..

While i will take 5th place in ranking from him today.. I have more noble trains moving then needed to do so..

look at this and tell me what you see wrong?
Rank player Tribe points villages avg point.
5 Moddy GRIND! 6.358.144 587 10832
6 graylin NN 6.330.994 630 10049
7 gints lv NN 6.200.096 621 9984
8 Logboss Shadow 6.178.823 601 10281
9 facius GRIND! 6.047.608 609 9930
10 ruby410 TLA 5.824.248 599 9723
11 mags03 NN 5.782.140 594 9734
12 rollo86 NN 5.744.401 605 9495

Answer
[spoil]
He would be ranked 13th in the world.. not 5th... if he was the same average as any of the players under him.. all players to the 13th rank have more villages then him.[/spoil]

So I really do not see how you think moddy is better then anyone in the nn top ten...

He has impressive odd.. yes.. but come on.. he only has it cause someone attacked him.. odd is given.. not earned.

Lol - Graylin, you are being quite ridiculous on that one - If the world ranking is the only judge of a good player Moddy being in 13th position still puts him in the good player catergory.

However, thats irrelevant really isnt it - Your World Ranking is not what makes you a good player, your in game abilities are. No one on this World doubts Twilightblades skill - he is in 186th position in the rankings however.

Now lets look at Moddy - is he a points whore? No, a Points Whore is someone who maximises there villages for points and builds no Troops. Moddy's average build is higher than yours, but he has plenty of Troops. The Points build on Villas is entirely up to the individual player and Moddy's villas are far from maxed out.

Then lets look at ability - Moddy has been on the frontline of every Major War on this world since the TDP war - Apart from the TLA/DSL war. In that time he has continued to grow, and most importantly held on to the territory he has conquered. - Ask anyone that has tried to Conquer Moddy's villas - its no easy task.

Yes, he has been a more defensive player than most, but then, given his location on the Frontlines he has had to be - hence his huge ODD - And every point of that is earned. You dont get to be second in the world for ODD because it has been given to you Graylin, You get that for succesfully defending your Villa's time and time again against overwhelming odds - and that my lupine friend is Moddy in a nutshell.

Looking at Moddys Stats in recent wars -

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: Moddy
Side 2:
Tribes: TFW TLA Shadow
Players:
Timeframe: Forever
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 123
Side 2: 47
Difference: 76
chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 1,164,327
Side 2: 453,840
Difference: 710,487
chart

[/spoil]

And looking at yours:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: graylin
Side 2:
Tribes: TLA GRIND! BUMP!
Players:
Side 1: 13
Side 2: 3
Difference: 10
chart

Side 1: 119,244
Side 2: 29,246
Difference: 89,998
chart

[/spoil]

I know which player I would rather have on myside, and who I think deserves his rank more.

DeletedUser

Lol - Graylin, you are being quite ridiculous on that one - If the world ranking is the only judge of a good player Moddy being in 13th position still puts him in the good player catergory.

So you say lol

However, thats irrelevant really isnt it - Your World Ranking is not what makes you a good player, your in game abilities are. No one on this World doubts Twilightblades skill - he is in 186th position in the rankings however.

Where did I anywhere say anything about twilightblade? no where

Now lets look at Moddy - is he a points whore? No, a Points Whore is someone who maximises there villages for points and builds no Troops. Moddy's average build is higher than yours, but he has plenty of Troops. The Points build on Villas is entirely up to the individual player and Moddy's villas are far from maxed out.

Are you kidding me? Really job... I expected atleast a smarter response from you.. He replaces Troops for points..

Anyone with a 10k average build that has 40 more villages then moddy.. and far less points.. example me.. Would have more troops then him..

It is just easy math.. Everyone rank 6th to 13th has more troops then moddy.. they have more villages..

Then lets look at ability - Moddy has been on the frontline of every Major War on this world since the TDP war - Apart from the TLA/DSL war. In that time he has continued to grow, and most importantly held on to the territory he has conquered. - Ask anyone that has tried to Conquer Moddy's villas - its no easy task.

By your own stats he has lost over 50 villages.. (to lazy to actually get the exact number) show me anyone in the top 10 besides him that has lost that many villages??? (again to lazy to look but im sure its no one.)

Yes, he has been a more defensive player than most, but then, given his location on the Frontlines he has had to be - hence his huge ODD - And every point of that is earned. You dont get to be second in the world for ODD because it has been given to you Graylin, You get that for succesfully defending your Villa's time and time again against overwhelming odds - and that my lupine friend is Moddy in a nutshell.

Job.. lets say he was never attacked.. he had a great postion.. and was land locked like most of grind.. would he still be a great player.. yes he defended.. but who is to say they were all his troops.. I had a player in ltoh that was number 1 at the time in odd... he was attacked... and they were not all his troops.. I was a top 10 player at the time and if they had attacked me.. I was done.. All my defense was on his line.. So give credit to him.. but more to his tribe..

Looking at Moddys Stats in recent wars -

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: Moddy
Side 2:
Tribes: TFW TLA Shadow
Players:
Side 1: 123
Side 2: 47
Difference: 76
chart

Side 1: 1,164,327
Side 2: 453,840
Difference: 710,487
chart

[/spoil]

And looking at yours:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: graylin
Side 2:
Tribes: TLA GRIND! BUMP!
Players:
Side 1: 13
Side 2: 3
Difference: 10
chart

Side 1: 119,244
Side 2: 29,246
Difference: 89,998
chart

[/spoil]

I know which player I would rather have on myside, and who I think deserves his rank more.

He was frontline ... he would be able to capture more then me.. it is common sense... I had to go over 170 hours by noble then capture from distance... But ask anyone in shadow... we in opts never nuked our own targets..

I have sent thousands of nukes to villages i would never own...

Guess thats why im in a good tribe.. I understand what team work is..

Sigh

Jobetopia

So you say lol

Where did I anywhere say anything about twilightblade? no where

You did not graylin, I was using Twilight to illustrate a point, even you could not claim Twilight was a Bad player, and yet Twilight is ranked lower than me - and im not even in the same league as him gamewise - your position on the rankings has very little to do with your ingame skill - obviously if you are in the number one spot, you must be pretty good, but you can be ranked 200th and be a better player.

Are you kidding me? Really job... I expected atleast a smarter response from you.. He replaces Troops for points..

Anyone with a 10k average build that has 40 more villages then moddy.. and far less points.. example me.. Would have more troops then him..

It is just easy math.. Everyone rank 6th to 13th has more troops then moddy.. they have more villages..

He still has troops though Graylin, and his villages are not maxed out - he just has a slightly higher average points per villa - meaning he favours a different build to you - different strokes for different folks. It far from makes him a points whore, if he was a points whore all his villages would be 12000 odd points - they arent.

To be fair, I think there are very few points whores in the game at this stage, if any - they would have all died long ago. - You may have more Troops, thats still a long way from Moddy being a points whore.

By your own stats he has lost over 50 villages.. (to lazy to actually get the exact number) show me anyone in the top 10 besides him that has lost that many villages??? (again to lazy to look but im sure its no one.)

Lol - And the fact that he has over 500 villas despite fighting on the frontlines of every major war counts for nothing? The Countless Tribal Ops against him? The Fact that he held the TDP front singelhandedly in the Fusion War - With no Tribal Support? - No one who has actually fought against Moddy has anything but respect for him.

Job.. lets say he was never attacked.. he had a great postion.. and was land locked like most of grind.. would he still be a great player.. yes he defended.. but who is to say they were all his troops.. I had a player in ltoh that was number 1 at the time in odd... he was attacked... and they were not all his troops.. I was a top 10 player at the time and if they had attacked me.. I was done.. All my defense was on his line.. So give credit to him.. but more to his tribe..

Like you are you mean? Are you still a great player? - The fact is, he hasent been landlocked, he has been on the frontlines and by his performance there we who know him, judge him - you can sit there and make all the snide remarks you like about his ability, but we have fought with him, and against him - and know how good he is. He helps those around him when he can, and recieves help from those around him when he needs it - player that send him support dont resent it - because you know when you support Moddy he is making good use of your Troops.

He was frontline ... he would be able to capture more then me.. it is common sense... I had to go over 170 hours by noble then capture from distance... But ask anyone in shadow... we in opts never nuked our own targets..

I have sent thousands of nukes to villages i would never own...

Guess thats why im in a good tribe.. I understand what team work is..

Sigh

As does Moddy - Hence the fact that he has survived and grown on the frontlines of every war he has been in - Ie. All of them.

Dont get me wrong, im not criticisng you as a player, I think your quite good (not as good as you think you are, but you are among the best players on the server). But I find it laughable for you to try and come on and claim Moddy is a useless points whore, despite not knowing him, ever having fought him, or even come close to having fought in as many frontline actions as him on this world.

I know him rather better than you Graylin, and I would jump at the chance to be in any tribe with him - the guy is damn good and has proved himself time and time agian on many battlefields. - Ill take that proof over your vague insults and claims of point whoring any day.

DeletedUser

You did not graylin, I was using Twilight to illustrate a point, even you could not claim Twilight was a Bad player, and yet Twilight is ranked lower than me - and im not even in the same league as him gamewise - your position on the rankings has very little to do with your ingame skill - obviously if you are in the number one spot, you must be pretty good, but you can be ranked 200th and be a better player.

He still has troops though Graylin, and his villages are not maxed out - he just has a slightly higher average points per villa - meaning he favours a different build to you - different strokes for different folks. It far from makes him a points whore, if he was a points whore all his villages would be 12000 odd points - they arent.

To be fair, I think there are very few points whores in the game at this stage, if any - they would have all died long ago. - You may have more Troops, thats still a long way from Moddy being a points whore.

Lol - And the fact that he has over 500 villas despite fighting on the frontlines of every major war counts for nothing? The Countless Tribal Ops against him? The Fact that he held the TDP front singelhandedly in the Fusion War - With no Tribal Support? - No one who has actually fought against Moddy has anything but respect for him.

Like you are you mean? Are you still a great player? - The fact is, he hasent been landlocked, he has been on the frontlines and by his performance there we who know him, judge him - you can sit there and make all the snide remarks you like about his ability, but we have fought with him, and against him - and know how good he is. He helps those around him when he can, and recieves help from those around him when he needs it - player that send him support dont resent it - because you know when you support Moddy he is making good use of your Troops.

As does Moddy - Hence the fact that he has survived and grown on the frontlines of every war he has been in - Ie. All of them.

Dont get me wrong, im not criticisng you as a player, I think your quite good (not as good as you think you are, but you are among the best players on the server). But I find it laughable for you to try and come on and claim Moddy is a useless points whore, despite not knowing him, ever having fought him, or even come close to having fought in as many frontline actions as him on this world.

I know him rather better than you Graylin, and I would jump at the chance to be in any tribe with him - the guy is damn good and has proved himself time and time agian on many battlefields. - Ill take that proof over your vague insults and claims of point whoring any day.

Do I really need to do a point breakdown vs troop count per his build..?

To show you exactly how many troops the guy lacks because he likes to max out his markets?

I know how to do it.. but im lazy... But if you continue this.. I will show you exactly how many troops the guy lacks. compared to someone with a the same amount of villages but a smaller build.

Which then equals point whore...

Edit... I decided... To do it.. click the spoiler for the break down!

[spoil]
His build... (Not knowing exactly.. but close to his point average)

hq 24
barracks 25
stable 20
workshop 15
smitty 20
academy 1
market 25
statue 1
rally 1
wood 30
clay 30
iron 30
farm 30
warehouse 30
hiding 9
wall 20

point build 10833
troops availbe to recruit 20103
Villages count 587

587 x 20103
= 11800461 Total troops.

vs the 10k build...

hq 20
barracks 25
stable 20
workshop 15
smitty 20
academy 1
rally 1
statue 1
market 20
wood 30
clay 30
iron 30
farm 30
warehouse 30
hiding 3
wall 20

equals

build 10,000
farm space left over 20664
moody village count 587

587 x 20664
= 12129768
total troops for this build to recruit

so then you take what he would have if he didnt max out to much
vs
what he actually has and subtract

----------
= 329307 Troops

sorry but 330k troops you dont have to fight with only equals one thing..

Pointwhore

[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jobetopia

[spoil]

Do I really need to do a point breakdown vs troop count per his build..?

To show you exactly how many troops the guy lacks because he likes to max out his markets?

I know how to do it.. but im lazy... But if you continue this.. I will show you exactly how many troops the guy lacks. compared to someone with a the same amount of villages but a smaller build.

Which then equals point whore...

Edit... I decided... To do it.. click the spoiler for the break down!

[spoil]
His build... (Not knowing exactly.. but close to his point average)

hq 24
barracks 25
stable 20
workshop 15
smitty 20
academy 1
market 25
statue 1
rally 1
wood 30
clay 30
iron 30
farm 30
warehouse 30
hiding 9
wall 20

point build 10833
troops availbe to recruit 20103
Villages count 587

587 x 20103
= 11800461 Total troops.

vs the 10k build...

hq 20
barracks 25
stable 20
workshop 15
smitty 20
academy 1
rally 1
statue 1
market 20
wood 30
clay 30
iron 30
farm 30
warehouse 30
hiding 3
wall 20

equals

build 10,000
farm space left over 20664
moody village count 587

587 x 20664
= 12129768
total troops for this build to recruit

so then you take what he would have if he didnt max out to much
vs
what he actually has and subtract

----------
= 329307 Troops

sorry but 330k troops you dont have to fight with only equals one thing..

Pointwhore

[/spoil]

[/spoil]

10 ruby410 TLA 9724

Lol - Greatlogic Graylin, you have successfully proved that everyone in the top ten is a points whore apart from Ruby410 - Who has the lowest build, therefore she has more troops than any of you :)

Moddy may have less Troops available but that does not make him a points whore - but as always you clearly dont actually understand what the term means. Moddy is not maxing out his points to get in the top ten, he is using the build that works for him (even if you dont approve of it) - Seeing as Madlax asks why we always have this argument, it because Graylin makes the same stupid comment everytime he gets a chance.

Remeber the last time we had this argument Graylin? You had more than a few doubters then too.

[spoil]
Moddy GRIND! 3.938.811 363 10851
graylin DSL 3.473.666 349 9953

First off way to pat the stats 465pt difference with him having 14 more villages then you. You put both in favor of making you look better in your statement. I agree that having higher average points per village is unattractive also and i wouldnt recommend it, for even my average is lower then yours. But doesn't always make you a pointwhore.

Also about his ODD, he rarely asks for support yet he is a huge player and actually takes villages from enemy tribes...:icon_rolleyes: So the majority of that ODD is from his own troops defending and not from others having to help him.

Moddy is double your OD Graylin, and he rarely asks for support and is always in the middle of a war, and always has a good ratio against his opposers. The scariest player in NSA hands down.

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]

[/spoil]

10 ruby410 TLA 9724

Lol - Greatlogic Graylin, you have successfully proved that everyone in the top ten is a points whore apart from Ruby410 - Who has the lowest build, therefore she has more troops than any of you :)

Logicconclusionfail.

I have the second lowest average build (only 16 points higher) but 79 more villages than ruby. pretty sure it's mathematically impossible that ruby has more troops than I do. :p

DeletedUser

[spoil]

[/spoil]

10 ruby410 TLA 9724

Moddy may have less Troops available but that does not make him a points whore - but as always you clearly dont actually understand what the term means. Moddy is not maxing out his points to get in the top ten, he is using the build that works for him (even if you dont approve of it) - Seeing as Madlax asks why we always have this argument, it because Graylin makes the same stupid comment everytime he gets a chance.

Remeber the last time we had this argument Graylin? You had more than a few doubters then too.

[spoil]

[/spoil]

I prove your logic wrong.. and my comments are stupid.. Great theory there...

He builds way more then any player in the top 20...

There are players with 50 more villages then him.. and he has more points then them...

and I am still wrong for calling him a point whore...

Job... no matter how you name it.. change the picture.. run your mouth.. or try to spin it..

Out of the top 20 list.. Moddy is the top point whore.... There is no reason anytime.. for a almost 11k per village build.. it is a waste of troop space..

Period.

DeletedUser

my village points are high because i'm too lazy to demo, and some of the people i've nobled (especially REM folks) were village maxers!

Soberknight

There has been alot of posts with referring to my remark Moddy is a player that could be considered evenly matched with those top players in NN. Let me say it was merely 1 point in the discussion i had with Ebbs and it was just to state that NN doesnot have ALL the best and active players. In fact i named 5 players (and there are more i wont even know of) that NN will have lots of fun with.

But this whole discussion, as much as i liked it has gone a bit out of proportion. Its just a game and as long as you play within the rules, there is nothing against it.
So this will be my last post on this matter.

As we always said in SPANK: remember to have fun!

DeletedUser62494

[spoil]

[/spoil]

10 ruby410 TLA 9724

[spoil]

[/spoil]
A few points about moddy.

Number one. He always none stop begs for support so his ODD means nothing.

Number two the guy has lost villages to the enemy left and right. He simply nobles inactive enemies thats sooo tuff.

Number three. Ruby410 aka Joe isn't a She....tho I do find it amusing to call ruby a she lol

DeletedUser

A few points about moddy.

Number one. He always none stop begs for support so his ODD means nothing.

Number two the guy has lost villages to the enemy left and right. He simply nobles inactive enemies thats sooo tuff.

Number three. Ruby410 aka Joe isn't a She....tho I do find it amusing to call ruby a she lol

I lol'd at this..

Remember when I made the fake script and gave it to everyone in shadow and TLa for moddy.. we were not even going to hit him.. but we knew if we mass faked him.. he would cry and beg for massive support...

Thus moving support from our real targets...

An it worked!!

yeah he is a great player!

DeletedUser62494

I lol'd at this..

Remember when I made the fake script and gave it to everyone in shadow and TLa for moddy.. we were not even going to hit him.. but we knew if we mass faked him.. he would cry and beg for massive support...

Thus moving support from our real targets...

An it worked!!

yeah he is a great player!

I have nothing against moddy. Just had to laugh really hard about the no support part. I saw his request so many times it was worse then the NSA boys calling for support in a sea of blue. Then telling us we were wrong to tell them to shut up.

DeletedUser

Walls of the text :(

can you please write all that in 2-3 lines ? so we can read normally