SYN declares war on NERD, Vice-Versa

DeletedUser

I never quite understand why people try and stick to the moral highground.

DeletedUser

The view is better. The air is fresher. It's supposed to be good for the soul, too (if you believe in souls and all that) :).

Faetzy

WACCOE has more villages than me, even though I started earlier. I am not surprised. This is something you will realize as you start getting into wars (here's hoping eventually) and that is when you are involved in wars, your growth (increase in points and number of villages) is stunted. You made the same point Faetzy some time back, about NERD as a tribe, remember?

True, i admit i did say that, however if being apart of NERD reduces you from nobling that much, then i'd really look elsewhere for another tribe, i mean your active enough with the amount of time you spend on here defending your tribe, so why not use that activity in game?

This is the part I like the best. Where you selectively pick the facts to suit your argument. You say NERD's biggest member? Yes, ahadey is NERD's biggest member and the fact you conveniently forgot to mention is that he/she joined us yesterday or day before yesterday from FUC. Why didn't you pick anybody else from NERD? I will tell you why. Because they would prove me right and show you and yours as an embarrassment who like talking on the forums but haven't fought a single real war against a real opponent. To come back to my response to the point you made in teh quote, let's pick maeth, for example.

Well, the reason i picked him, is if i'd of picked your rank 2, then there would be a 90k difference in points, then you'd only moan more, and again he's ex FUC a tribe you merged with... typical.
You speak about opponents, however i thought we liked barbs? Or did i just own you regarding your accusation on the barbarian issue making NERD a member of the grey club. As Dale says, pick a target, give us someone barbs are boring, they don't fight back, we can't use sniping abilities etc on them. Yeah i like talking on the forums, but i feel if someone has a stab at my tribe i'm entitled to stab back 10x harder, which i have done, just you keep claiming your going to do these 'comparisons'. I admit these forums may make me a few enemies, but this game wouldn't be complete without making enemies.
As stated before, i've nothing to be embarrassed about, my achievements at this game are something to be proud of in comparison to other players. I've attained top ranks on W12 with decent points (4million) and i'm a well known speed player, therefore i've nothing to be embarrassed about, which is why i've no regret posting here. So... come back when you've a valid arguement, however you go on about us not having opponents, then why not declare on us?

DeletedUser

I love my James.

Just to answer your mail Stotty, NWO is a tribe not worth a declaration, we wiped them from K22 and we wiped them from K23.

X|U are some random tribe we hit when we are bored.

Last edited by a moderator:

fraser-c

True, i admit i did say that, however if being apart of NERD reduces you from nobling that much, then i'd really look elsewhere for another tribe, i mean your active enough with the amount of time you spend on here defending your tribe, so why not use that activity in game?

Well, the reason i picked him, is if i'd of picked your rank 2, then there would be a 90k difference in points, then you'd only moan more, and again he's ex FUC a tribe you merged with... typical.
You speak about opponents, however i thought we liked barbs? Or did i just own you regarding your accusation on the barbarian issue making NERD a member of the grey club. As Dale says, pick a target, give us someone barbs are boring, they don't fight back, we can't use sniping abilities etc on them. Yeah i like talking on the forums, but i feel if someone has a stab at my tribe i'm entitled to stab back 10x harder, which i have done, just you keep claiming your going to do these 'comparisons'. I admit these forums may make me a few enemies, but this game wouldn't be complete without making enemies.
As stated before, i've nothing to be embarrassed about, my achievements at this game are something to be proud of in comparison to other players. I've attained top ranks on W12 with decent points (4million) and i'm a well known speed player, therefore i've nothing to be embarrassed about, which is why i've no regret posting here. So... come back when you've a valid arguement, however you go on about us not having opponents, then why not declare on us?

NERDs second ranked player isnt ex-FUC :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

So many things to respond to:

Faetzy, waccoe, you come on here attacking NERD, blakraven responds with attacks at you/~D~ and then you go on the defensive coming up with every excuse and justification you can to look like you're better than NERD.

Lets set the record straight:
1) We were only 100-120 members for a majority of the SYN war, we picked up members during our war thru a merge with FUC primarily, and also picking up a few SYN here and there after the war had already turned in NERDs favor and the writing was on the wall in regards to SYN. So all your arguments referencing 170 or 180 members are invalid.

2) Faetyz, There's a reason ratio/%'s were used, not the number of villages. The larger your tribe, the bigger the chance that you'll have someone with a RL problem or simply deciding to quit TW, thus you would have more villages internally nobled. This does not make your tribe bad, if a tribe of 1k members has an internal/inactivity % of 13% they are just as active as a tribe of 100 members who have the same rate.

3)This also applies to barb/bonus villages, as larger tribes have to travel farther to find player held villages that are not only worth nobeling, but above morale penalties in some cases. IN addition to that, as a tribe covers more ground, they will have more bonus villages, and while they may be easy to take, there is value in a bonus village with barrack/stable bonuses and even in the resource bonus villages, especially if you have spare nobles sitting around waiting for operations to hit or return from hitting.

4) Having 2 villages next to each other is not the only requirement for nobeling it, for starters there could be morale issues, that village could be insanely stacked, or perhaps we JUST took the village next to it, or a noble train failed to take the village next to it, there could be a lot of reasons for that situation. The most important in my mind would be STRATEGY, why waste troops and nobles taking villages of players you don't consider a threat? My members are coordinated and disciplined to save their nukes and trains for targets that I hand pick, and thus far, we've done quite well in taking out the biggest threats in k43 to the point where we have a 7:1 size advantage now when it was 1:1 less than a month ago. Results speak for themselves.

5) Your attempts at flaming NERD over what you perceive to be "false" claims, is really only pointing out to everyone else that you're just jealous.

6) Comparing your players stats in points against NERD's, is absurd. Go to war with 3 top 10 tribes for 3 months long, and see how well your top 40 keeps up with the rest of the world in points. Instead of pointing out obvious and easy to explain stats, why not look at the most important thing, not only did we survive those 3 top 10 tribes, and a 4th top 20 tribe, we've GROWN thru those wars, and at the end of the day, you can brag about your tribal average or top 40 points while I take pride in having 100+ active and dedicated members that follow orders and now know they can fight the top 10 tribes and not only survive, but win. (the new 30-50 fuc members will get there in time i'm sure).

Now you can come post all the same crap excuses, qualifications and justifications about how these things were done, but it doesn't matter, in TW its the ENDS that matter, not the means.

I'd rather win ugly, then lose pretty.

Faetzy

So many things to respond to:

Faetzy, waccoe, you come on here attacking NERD, blakraven responds with attacks at you/~D~ and then you go on the defensive coming up with every excuse and justification you can to look like you're better than NERD.

Excuses? I believe the majority of what i stated was facts.

Lets set the record straight:
1) We were only 100-120 members for a majority of the SYN war, we picked up members during our war thru a merge with FUC primarily, and also picking up a few SYN here and there after the war had already turned in NERDs favor and the writing was on the wall in regards to SYN. So all your arguments referencing 170 or 180 members are invalid.

Your current tribal stance is 176 members, or do you forget how many you invite, New Maurice alert? In regards to above, i don't pick fights, they pick me, black raven from what i believe was the first to bring up ~D~, and i'm in my own rights to defend my own tribe, or am i not :icon_confused:

2) Faetyz, There's a reason ratio/%'s were used, not the number of villages. The larger your tribe, the bigger the chance that you'll have someone with a RL problem or simply deciding to quit TW, thus you would have more villages internally nobled. This does not make your tribe bad, if a tribe of 1k members has an internal/inactivity % of 13% they are just as active as a tribe of 100 members who have the same rate.

It's 'Faetzy'.
And i agree with a few of your points above, but not all. Yeah some encounter rl issues, but it's harder for a tribe of 30, to maintain activity, than a tribe of 100. 1 inactive member out of 100 is no big deal, out of 30 it's a bigger wound.

3)This also applies to barb/bonus villages, as larger tribes have to travel farther to find player held villages that are not only worth nobeling, but above morale penalties in some cases. IN addition to that, as a tribe covers more ground, they will have more bonus villages, and while they may be easy to take, there is value in a bonus village with barrack/stable bonuses and even in the resource bonus villages, especially if you have spare nobles sitting around waiting for operations to hit or return from hitting.

But, during a war time your members should be nobling war targets, not barbarians, your player brought the barb reference up, however that was soon turned against you (NERD). I'd understand if it was a barb in enemy territory but even then during war who has time to build 1k barbs. It's just not worth the time, nor cost of the noble, didn't you know there's a credit crunch going on, so gotta make the most of every noble, gold don't come cheap nowadays.

4) Having 2 villages next to each other is not the only requirement for nobeling it, for starters there could be morale issues, that village could be insanely stacked, or perhaps we JUST took the village next to it, or a noble train failed to take the village next to it, there could be a lot of reasons for that situation. The most important in my mind would be STRATEGY, why waste troops and nobles taking villages of players you don't consider a threat? My members are coordinated and disciplined to save their nukes and trains for targets that I hand pick, and thus far, we've done quite well in taking out the biggest threats in k43 to the point where we have a 7:1 size advantage now when it was 1:1 less than a month ago. Results speak for themselves.

Well, both players a fairly evenly matched no morale issues there...
Pesonally, that should of been one of the first villages you nobled, you normally clear your own territory, then push outwards, not let the enemy stack, then strike. Perhaps you did just noble it, however there are many NERD players/ villages situated around it therefore that excuse = void. If your train failed, then try again, quitting = a sign of weakness usually.
I really like this line '
The most important in my mind would be STRATEGY, why waste troops and nobles taking villages of players you don't consider a threat?'
So, does that mean barbarians are threats, and worth the noble? They seem pretty neutral to me...

Results do speak for them selves, SYN were winning until insane declared on SYN, so basicly your own moto goes against your own tribe as you were actually losing the war until it turned into a 1v1 and a 1v1...

5) Your attempts at flaming NERD over what you perceive to be "false" claims, is really only pointing out to everyone else that you're just jealous.

Lmao, my attempts? I thought personally i suceeded, everything i laid down regarding your tribe just about was a fact, with statistics etc and evidence. I may admire a few tribes, but NERD isn't one to be jealous of.

6) Comparing your players stats in points against NERD's, is absurd. Go to war with 3 top 10 tribes for 3 months long, and see how well your top 40 keeps up with the rest of the world in points. Instead of pointing out obvious and easy to explain stats, why not look at the most important thing, not only did we survive those 3 top 10 tribes, and a 4th top 20 tribe, we've GROWN thru those wars, and at the end of the day, you can brag about your tribal average or top 40 points while I take pride in having 100+ active and dedicated members that follow orders and now know they can fight the top 10 tribes and not only survive, but win. (the new 30-50 fuc members will get there in time i'm sure).

I believe your own player compared the individual player points first, there i agree it is obsurd. Regarding this 3 out of top 10 tribe crap for 3 months, the war was never we months, and even then you nobled like what 10-20 villages if that against Chentle, and lost maybe 40? I thought in tribe if you claim you are as sucessful as you guys claim you are with all these achievements, surely your top 40 points would go up, and not go down or get stumped, that's if you were winning your wars. You have GROWN slow through those wars, i can't brag about my tribal average / top 40 as i only have 30 players. Take all the pride you want in having 100+ active members, and dedicated, but looking at your war stats it doesn't look like 100 are dedicated, looks like 100 have stopped growing to be honest :icon_wink:
The tribe you were fighting, was never one of the stronger top 10 tribes, you are yet to appose a real top 10 tribe, so until then you don't know if you can survive a top 10 tribe, just remember, not all top 10 tribes are the same, so you may not be as lucky everytime.

Now you can come post all the same crap excuses, qualifications and justifications about how these things were done, but it doesn't matter, in TW its the ENDS that matter, not the means.
I'd rather win ugly, then lose pretty.

As i said before, i've no excuses, pesonally, i'd rather win pretty, it's better to fight a good 1v1 war and lose with pride, than win ugly in a 2v1 (no disrespect to insane (l) you guys :D) but winning a 2v1 isn't exactly a win i'd go home and tell my mam about... it's more of a win i'd keep to my self and not brag about, as it's usually the ugly that get ganged later in life. I feel i've answered all your points, although i couldn't be bothered, but as you said i gotta lose pretty :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Excuses? I believe the majority of what i stated was facts.

You have a funny definition of facts, perhaps you spelled it "fictional" instead of 'factual' when you wiki'd it. Nothing you posted was fact, it was selective number crunching followed by a biased and liberal analysis that somewhat fit into your argument.

Your current tribal stance is 176 members, or do you forget how many you invite, New Maurice alert? In regards to above, i don't pick fights, they pick me, black raven from what i believe was the first to bring up ~D~, and i'm in my own rights to defend my own tribe, or am i not :icon_confused:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but most if not all of the stats in this thread to date have been about the nobleings or other happenings having been done in-game, IN THE PAST, so to use past attacks/in-game numbers in relation to current member base numbers, is in its very nature an absurdly weak attempt to fudge the numbers, hoping no one would notice. In our wars, and for things we are being judged upon by your like (ie war stats, barb nobeling) we were a tribe of 110 or so members, if you want to wipe the old numbers and start fresh from when FUC merged in and begin to compare the numbers for a 177 member base, that is well within your right, but keep your stats/arguments time lines consistent.

Yeah some encounter rl issues, but it's harder for a tribe of 30, to maintain activity, than a tribe of 100. 1 inactive member out of 100 is no big deal, out of 30 it's a bigger wound.

You're confusing "harder" (difficulty) with impact. It's not HARDER to keep 30 active members active then it is to keep 177 members active, its EASIER as you only have to KEEP 30. The fact that WHEN YOU FAIL to keep a member active, it effects you to a great extent is neither here nor there, as you choose the size of your tribe and can't use that as an excuse. Now if you want to talk about activity ratio %'s, then you're correct you'd have a harder time keeping a high activity %, but your other top 29 would benefit from taking his villages uncontested, and as the % of internal nobeling difference between ~D~ and NERD is very slight, and you yourself argued against using those %'s and ratios as an argument, its a moot point.

But, during a war time your members should be nobeling war targets, not barbarians, your player brought the barb reference up, however that was soon turned against you (NERD). I'd understand if it was a barb in enemy territory but even then during war who has time to build 1k barbs.

No offense, not only are you wrong, but thats very shortsighted of you. If you make 6 nobles, do you send a train of 6 nobles to take a village? Most tribes/players send trains of 4 or 5, so there are times when 1 or 2 nobles are not used in an operation, or perhaps they are made DURING travel times, as there is 4-6 day travel times or longer, and so while saving that noble for the next operation is an option, if one feels they can replace that noble before the next operation, then why not add a bonus village, that would provide increased troops, resources? Not to mention there should always be some attention paid to the BIGGER PICTURE, the war for NERD was all but WON after SYN's first operation landed, the rather sad showing and lack of coordination of their tribe's leadership was made clear to me LONG before 1nsane even joined in, people can say what they want about stats, but the smart players know how to look at the real pictures and see whats going to happen before the stats reflect that. (Like how i knew chentle would collapse after a few weeks of meager results and PnP/outside pressures, and thats why we focused our offense on .:I:. and turtled against Chentle at the start of that war, to wait out their vigor and well, think i'm bs'ing, i don't really care, my members can attest to the mails i sent them telling them EXACTLY how that war would go, and how we'd WIN.) Back on point, sorry about the tangent. As the war with SYN was won after the first week, i've had members building and nobleing in multiple areas, with an eye on future conflicts that COULD erupt, and wanting to be prepared for ANY situation that arises.

Well, both players a fairly evenly matched no morale issues there...
Pesonally, that should of been one of the first villages you nobled, you normally clear your own territory, then push outwards, not let the enemy stack, then strike. Perhaps you did just noble it, however there are many NERD players/ villages situated around it therefore that excuse = void. If your train failed, then try again, quitting = a sign of weakness usually.
I really like this line ' So, does that mean barbarians are threats, and worth the noble? They seem pretty neutral to me...

I believe the villages mentioned were on the southeast side of k43. And that area is RECENTLY blue, as in, we landed an operation in that area to take 20 or so SYN villages at the same time, as well as recruiting one or two SYN members in that area, thus turning an almost pure red area into a strong blue one, but that doesn't mean we have nobles and nukes in those villages already built. I don't know if a train failed, but if the member we hit was 50-100k points and we took more than half of his villages, we'd suffer morale penalties, and I don't have 1 member hitting 1 syn member, I have 20 NERD members hitting 1 syn member, travel times vary, perhaps another noble train was sent and failed, or maybe that village wasn't targeted as the player wasn't a priority, i'm not going to get into specifics about a single village, it's a petty and weak arguing point with potentially numerous variables having an impact, and its not worth the time to look into, we'll take the village when we want to take the village, its as simple as that. Now as for the barb argument, that's also very weak, you focused only on the "Noble" loss, and not the troop loss, time loss. Have you scouted the village and know it doesn't have 50k spears and swords each? I doubt it, but either way, as a veteran of wars, its fighting over individual members or villages, personal grudges that result in most tribes losing, losing sight of the big picture. When your tribe works as a group of individuals, you divide and conquer yourself. So my guys work primarily as ONE unit, with ONE singular objective, VICTORY. When the last of SYN resistance has been wiped out, i'll turn my members loose to noble SYN at will, which I don't believe is a date thats too far off actually.

Results do speak for them selves, SYN were winning until insane declared on SYN, so basicly your own moto goes against your own tribe as you were actually losing the war until it turned into a 1v1 and a 1v1...

Again false, I posted the stats earlier in this thread, we were out nobeling them in pts conquered at the time of 1nsane's declaration. And as stated earlier, the REAL players know how to look thru statistics alone to see the true trend a war is taking. I don't know your experience in other worlds, but based on your argument of SYN winning based on a tw stat you must have picked at random rather than the date 1nsane started the war, i must assume you are not very well informed on matters of war, and most likely get all your opinions/"facts" from sholmzi.

Lmao, my attempts? I thought personally i suceeded, everything i laid down regarding your tribe just about was a fact, with statistics etc and evidence. I may admire a few tribes, but NERD isn't one to be jealous of.
Well herein lies your faulty logic, just because you personally believe something, doesn't make it fact, and based on your lack of facts and objective reasoning you've displayed thus far, your opinions actually speak to the contrary. Whether you think or are able to admit to jealousy is a moot point, for your obsessive posting about a war your tribe is not involved in, and about a tribe you have no diplomatic relations with, is evidence enough.

DeletedUser

I've got a query:

1) Isn't the majority of the posts people have who play this world going to have some sort of bias, especially if one of the tribes in discussion is yours?

Also, you misunderstood his post about activity completly. Actaully, what he said just blew over your head.

Onemember out of 100 and odd isn't going to be a major impact. In a tribe of 30, it is. If a 200k player of ours went inactive, it'd take ALOT longer for us to noble him out, and it would certainly affect us more than you.

Please consider the context of his writing please.

Faetzy

You have a funny definition of facts, perhaps you spelled it "fictional" instead of 'factual' when you wiki'd it. Nothing you posted was fact, it was selective number crunching followed by a biased and liberal analysis that somewhat fit into your argument.

I'm pretty sure i spelt it FACTS. Therefore my spelling was right, but i'm unsure about your eye sight, if you can't read the difference between fact, and fictional. On top of that, I'm pretty sure a screen shot is a valid fact, as i couldn't of faked it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but most if not all of the stats in this thread to date have been about the nobleings or other happenings having been done in-game, IN THE PAST, so to use past attacks/in-game numbers in relation to current member base numbers, is in its very nature an absurdly weak attempt to fudge the numbers, hoping no one would notice. In our wars, and for things we are being judged upon by your like (ie war stats, barb nobeling) we were a tribe of 110 or so members, if you want to wipe the old numbers and start fresh from when FUC merged in and begin to compare the numbers for a 177 member base, that is well within your right, but keep your stats/arguments time lines consistent.

Well, the barbs are for the entire history of NERD, all barbs accounted for, so just over 1/4 of NERDS captures, have been barbarians, so correct me if i'm wrong yet again - fact.

You're confusing "harder" (difficulty) with impact. It's not HARDER to keep 30 active members active then it is to keep 177 members active, its EASIER as you only have to KEEP 30. The fact that WHEN YOU FAIL to keep a member active, it effects you to a great extent is neither here nor there, as you choose the size of your tribe and can't use that as an excuse. Now if you want to talk about activity ratio %'s, then you're correct you'd have a harder time keeping a high activity %, but your other top 29 would benefit from taking his villages uncontested, and as the % of internal nobeling difference between ~D~ and NERD is very slight, and you yourself argued against using those %'s and ratios as an argument, its a moot point.

I know it's harder to keep 177 active, however the impact is nothing in comparison to a tribe with 30 members. I like how you put 'WHEN YOU FAIL' in capitals, trying to have a dig at Diamond regarding us keeping members active, well here's another fact for you:

[spoil]
infoja.jpg
[/spoil]

Looking at that, our members stay a whole lot more in Diamond, where at NERD they come and go, the thing with my tribe is were a tight bunch, and they are loyal. Yes i choose the size of my tribe, however i go for quality, over quantity.

No offense, not only are you wrong, but thats very shortsighted of you. If you make 6 nobles, do you send a train of 6 nobles to take a village? Most tribes/players send trains of 4 or 5, so there are times when 1 or 2 nobles are not used in an operation, or perhaps they are made DURING travel times, as there is 4-6 day travel times or longer, and so while saving that noble for the next operation is an option, if one feels they can replace that noble before the next operation, then why not add a bonus village, that would provide increased troops, resources? Not to mention there should always be some attention paid to the BIGGER PICTURE, the war for NERD was all but WON after SYN's first operation landed, the rather sad showing and lack of coordination of their tribe's leadership was made clear to me LONG before 1nsane even joined in, people can say what they want about stats, but the smart players know how to look at the real pictures and see whats going to happen before the stats reflect that.

I'm wrong? Well nobling a barbarian, only costs you more resources than it makes in the first few weeks due to actually building it, if your members nobled enemy players, as much as they nobled barbs, they'd be amazing.
Usually, players interpret the winner regarding the stats, you can't judge a war going on one operation.

(Like how i knew chentle would collapse after a few weeks of meager results and PnP/outside pressures, and thats why we focused our offense on .:I:. and turtled against Chentle at the start of that war, to wait out their vigor and well, think i'm bs'ing, i don't really care, my members can attest to the mails i sent them telling them EXACTLY how that war would go, and how we'd WIN.) Back on point, sorry about the tangent. As the war with SYN was won after the first week, i've had members building and nobleing in multiple areas, with an eye on future conflicts that COULD erupt, and wanting to be prepared for ANY situation that arises.

Oh, so your psychic? The war was won after the first week :icon_wink: the way i saw it was SYN were winning during the first week, building swords maybe, nobling i doubt it, that's why you have so much dead weight, as they never have the chance to progress due to these suicidal wars you enter, but yet come out lucky, you may as well have the Turkish eye as your tribal profile, as it seems you get lucky every time. And with every tribe, something could always erupt, but most don't take precautions detail, until they know for a fact something will happen, hence the use of spies.

And that's all i can be bothered to reply to for one night, as you can see i haven't gone into much depth as i can't be bothered

Last edited: