The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser

A lot of (fecal matter) has been talked about us but in the end we won. (My own personal opinion after a couple years this game world starts getting boring so it'd be better to be won sooner rather then being dragged on for another year or so.)

My own thoughts I'd of not chosen as much diplomacy but then I'd of most likely had it used against me and fallen then. I do remember when legion and leg1on and gkhan against their nap was all moving in on us. I remember being asked to move closer to them right before the legion war, when our so called nap was being violated by people nobling into us. I can remember MM sending distant support to them. So from my point of view there was a cohesive family and there was a unofficial family that never united well enough to put a stop to us when they could have. It really did seem to be a us vrs them from the getgo. That goes way back to before we gained any power and were a collection of new players on the rim.

Rashelle

I can't really remember anyone criticizing you, but that's not the point anyway...

To say MM was to Legion what Apoc is/was to BA is pretty funny. I'm not saying
you posted that... But the members of MM who sent support to Legion were
mostly because they were friends. Others... (like myself) didn't really adore
the idea of sending support to people a gazillion K's away who weren't even
active.

(-sigh) Please note, I said people who weren't active. I didn't mind supporting
active people...

Anyway. The same argument has been brought up so many times... MM lost
because we didn't have enough active, motivated players after seeing how
half the world was uniting to play tribalhugs, or wars
with thousands of villages of support behind... Whatever your strategy was.
(Kinda reminds me of Miami Heat... Lebron left Cleveland to win, which
I hope he won't... With two amazing players. For that reason... He will
never be considered the best, or even near. That's what the best Apoc
players did... Join the masses and win the easy way.)

Personally, I thought the FEAR "war" was hilarious... It was like nobling barbs
for Apoc (you). On top of that, you didn't just noble them all... Or allow them to turn
barb. Recruiting was way faster...

Again... I'm not saying that MM didn't ever recruit... But MM was ONE tribe...
Compared to... I don't know, like 10-15 UA tribes. Point is, you recruited
way more players through your TW history.

Anywhoo... Congrats to the good players of Apoc. Not all the little nubs
you hid behind the 20-some tribes.

(Sorry about double post, too lazy to edit. :icon_neutral:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser91901

:p

DNY first, now the UA is being bashed for how they won the world?

I disagree with pretty much all of UA's tactics. There are players in there that I don't agree with (cough, Andrew, cough) foul mouthed nobody's (Angry Bok!), etc. But they did win the world, and they did have a few players that were great. (MM was still the best :p)

Yared, your bashing is not wanted here. Myself and a select few others are the only ones who can bash UA.

Actually, I can bash as much as I want to. I am not simply trolling for teh lulz. I am making a statement to the TW Team that I(and many others who share my sentiments) do not feel that it's right for a 4-tribe alliance to be declared winners when the member limit is 100.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say and I'll leave you to bask in your glory :icon_rolleyes:

torflek

Get some balls and fight each other. This game is "tribal", not "alliance" or "family". Alliances and families have to be destroyed to win, we all knew that when we started to play.

Hell unless this world ends with one tribe winning it makes a mockery of the world end scenario - you guys should have just allied up the world in the first week and declared yourselves as winners.

DeletedUser

Actually, I can bash as much as I want to. I am not simply trolling for teh lulz. I am making a statement to the TW Team that I(and many others who share my sentiments) do not feel that it's right for a 4-tribe alliance to be declared winners when the member limit is 100.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say and I'll leave you to bask in your glory :icon_rolleyes:

Hey, if Assasin sticks up for us winning the world, I'm going to do the same thing for him. He's the last person I expected would do that. Like what you think about us, we really don't care what you say.
@ Torflek

Shutup scrub. Nice player nobling percentage. Over 500 villages are barbs and internals.

DeletedUser

Thats alot of prem points going out from TW to alot of people who don't actually seem to play any more - I think not nobling anything for 3 months ish counts as not playing, or will prem points only go to the top 100 people as that is the tribe limit on this world ?

DeletedUser

There are some that are still nobling. However, we expect a number of people to delete or go barb from inactivity.

DeletedUser

If they do give out premium points for this "win", I imagine they will only go to the players in the actual rank 1 tribe, as it will be considered that all other tribes in the alliance submitted to the fact that they were unbeatable and therefore allowed them and only them to win the world.

DeletedUser42959

I thought the aim of tribal wars was to be the last tribe standing through defeating the others... not through chatting bullshit to other tribes and making them ally with you to win the world... otherwise if that were the aim, alot of other worlds would have been closed way before you guys did...

Tbh, I think this just shows that world 18 is just made of aload of sim-city's, and none of the players there seem to know how to actully nobel and oppenent :$
well anyway, congrats on being the first tribe in history to have your world closed, without it actually having the main objective achieved...
guess that means none of you can actully call your selfs game-winners :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

first - yes, maximum 2 years game time, you can plan out better if you know the end date, also after 2 years deletion rates go up as boredom sets in

second - yes only a single tribe to win, every game i have played with tribes/teammates/families that involves alliances, ends with a single winning tribe....

the rest can only bask in the glory of being on the winning side, but not the winners

So to end a round based on an alliance win is fair enough, but make no mistake, there is only one winning tribe the rest of you have been also-rans that could not win without the backing of the winning tribe

that said congratulations to the winning legions

torflek

@Torflek

Shutup scrub. Nice player nobling percentage. Over 500 villages are barbs and internals.

Right so your argument is so weak you have to jump straight to defamation. Nice fail.

Doesn't avoid the fact I hit the nail on the head. At least try and merge yourselves into one tribe if you are unable to fight it out.

giantsfrey

this is cute. oh well, w7 can still be the only world to win by war rather than by invite/hugs :D

DeletedUser

Yay for hugs and cuddles!

But seriously, being able to end with multiple tribes? Isn't there a world with a tribe member limit of 500? I cant see that world lasting long. Thought through much?

Congrats to those who will be free from addiction very soon :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Wow. That's ridiculous.

These guys aren't getting any congrats from me...

I know, right?
Its so obvious that anyone could've done the exact same thing and easily won their world too. Everyone knows that it is the nature of humanity to want to work together to accomplish things, especially on the internet. Its not like there would ever be any threat of sabotage or treason, not in a war game with no actual real world consequences to betrayal at least.

Its like these people did something that tens of thousands of people attempted and failed at terribly to the point where the very idea of trying to do it in the first place is met with immediate persecution and ridicule by just about everyone. Anyone could have held a group that immense together with little to no effort, people LIKE to be made fun of and teased for their choices in gaming so its obvious that every participant would automatically be 100% faithful to the cause.

What these people did was corrupt the very moral fiber and spirit of Tribal Wars all together. They took what should have been a very straightforward and predictable strategy game where the victor can be obviously declared by the single strongest tribe, and manipulated it with nonsensical and off the wall concepts that have no place in war. Things like "alliances" and "coordination" are nothing but childish fantasies that have never and will never have any sort of impact on an actual war.

By the way, congrats guys. I never doubted you for even a moment.

I may have not been actively here supporting you all, but I never stopped logging on.

Oh yeah, and I'm totally taking credit for this too, just so you know...

DeletedUser

If the criterion of a sucessful tribe is to win the world, then these four tribes should be congratulated accordingly.

Well done. Don't take the criticism to heart. Sure, there are more spectacular ways of winning a world, but you did it.

DeletedUser91901

Sigh...

I know, right?
Its so obvious that anyone could've done the exact same thing and easily won their world too. Everyone knows that it is the nature of humanity to want to work together to accomplish things, especially on the internet. Its not like there would ever be any threat of sabotage or treason, not in a war game with no actual real world consequences to betrayal at least.

Its like these people did something that tens of thousands of people attempted and failed at terribly to the point where the very idea of trying to do it in the first place is met with immediate persecution and ridicule by just about everyone. Anyone could have held a group that immense together with little to no effort, people LIKE to be made fun of and teased for their choices in gaming so its obvious that every participant would automatically be 100% faithful to the cause.

Hey I did give you props in a later post for coordination. Also, I do not have a problem with family tribes when they're implemented in a certain way, ie you massrecruit and teach the new players. Then, you keep filtering out the useless players, internalling them. Then you take all the players you know are good and put them into one tribe.

What these people did was corrupt the very moral fiber and spirit of Tribal Wars all together. They took what should have been a very straightforward and predictable strategy game where the victor can be obviously declared by the single strongest tribe, and manipulated it with nonsensical and off the wall concepts that have no place in war. Things like "alliances" and "coordination" are nothing but childish fantasies that have never and will never have any sort of impact on an actual war.

I have nothing against alliances, because alliances are needed and spice this game up in the diplomacy department. Whether they last for 2 weeks against a common enemy or if it's 'till the end of days and the two tribes are the only ones left, I do not mind.

But they're temporary constructs. There should only be one tribe left in the end.

This alliance obviously hasn't been temporary. And I do not like the implications of this decision by the TW-team. It sets a bad precedence in what it opens up and allows for.

@TW-Team: why do you even bother with member limits in tribes? You might as well make the limit 400 players, or without limitations.

mordecairule

Hey, if Assasin sticks up for us winning the world, I'm going to do the same thing for him. He's the last person I expected would do that. Like what you think about us, we really don't care what you say.
@ Torflek

Didnt you play world 7?

DeletedUser

yeaaa!!!! allying with everyone is great, guys every tribe should form and ally in w53 so we can achieve world domination in less than a week. WHOS IN!!!

DeletedUser53550

Fail. So many ways, fail.

Tribal hugs wins Tribal Wars and shame to those on W18 that allow this to happen. Did the nasty man attack you? Did he use both axes and Cav?? You are an embarrassment.

DeletedUser53550

Apparently W 52 has been won by a single tribe <cough>family<cough>. It's called Win and has recruited all the players on that world, Win_1, Win_2 etc..