The TeachU TW Textbook

DeletedUser

Many different builds for archer worlds, on an archer world you wouldn't use hc in your nukes.

Actually, there is a way to make that work on an archer world, but it is pretty unusual...

Try using a 1:1 ratio of...

MA and Archers : HC and Axes

Since archers are archer offense, they decrease construction time and increase defense dramatically for the first buildup, and for the second build, the HC make up for the low archer defense of the first. Also, with this type of build, EVERY one of your villages can be used as offense. (besides scouts. :icon_rolleyes:)

DeletedUser

One huge problem would be that you would be incredibly susceptible to offenses with a high cavalry attack, which would be anyone who maximizes their nuke build so the barracks and stables finish at roughly the same time.

-Fac-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
mmm... I use the strat on world 30, all I do is make a 6k spear 4k archer and the rest Hc, with the occasional 200-400 cats :icon_biggrin: It works so well. But I don't see how archers/Ma would be a good offence/ddefence nuke :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

i like the MA, ARCHER build if u have one of the pally weapons...but on a non pally wep world probably not.

I have to say the thing i like most about the SP HC CAT defensive villages is that most people farm with LC...so with the excess of Spears u can station up in a nice barb with a high wall and just murder them....its truly fun.

Tribal War Lord

i have a question...it has probably been asked before but i cant do a direct search and i am not looking through 800+ pages of questions to find out if it has ;)

im trying to work out my own offensive/defensive strategy to make the most effective one possible. but for this i need to understand how the TW fighting system works. when you sim battles the answer comes back the same each time if the same figures are put in and so there must be some sort of formula that the game uses.

What is this formula?? can anyone tell me...

2004 Artemis

Well, its not a single formula, but several formulas combined together. It's also different depending on if its an archer world or not.

Cheesasaurus makes a good post about it here. However he doesn't includes wall/ram/cats there, which he has published in another guide. Then, you also have to factor in luck and morale.

DeletedUser

I don't understand about the Queen guide... What do you mean by listening to the song? U mean by playing the song in youtube i'll be able to successed?

DeletedUser

But why will it help? Is this some kind of a cheat? Playing video on youtube will make me successful in TW? What kind of logic is this? Can someone plz explain... THANKS!

DeletedUser

It will create a rift in the time-space-continuum, do not question the logic!

DeletedUser

But why will it help? Is this some kind of a cheat? Playing video on youtube will make me successful in TW? What kind of logic is this? Can someone plz explain... THANKS!

I't's Queen, thats why. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Oh my god, this is so cool then! So do i keep playing the video while playing TW or what?

DeletedUser

Oh my god, this is so cool then! So do i keep playing the video while playing TW or what?

Yup, just replay the video over and over. It also works good if you set it on a loop and play it while you're sleeping. You will get extra good if you do that.

The Apocalyptic

I recommend you read this thread. The first one posted (main post) is great but there are several better ones in there if you look. It's a long read but I'd say if you want to know seriously it's worth the read.
The person who wrote that guide sounds like he thinks OE's strat sucks, while it is just the opposite. OE's strategy was built upon a world with research levels, which in my opinion is a better world, and that strategy doesn't allow for research levels.

DeletedUser

I was wondering what an ideal armys size would be and what it would consist of. If you could show examples and good guide lines for point ranges also. Like if your a 500 point player what size of army and what should be in it for your size and so on untill you have a max sized army for a village.

You really can't give good estimates early on. You should have as much as you can as fast as you can in terms of offense, and in terms of defense you should have as much as you think you need to feel safe, which will vary greatly based on who's around you, your skill level, your level of activity, etc. It would vary so much that virtually any standard that you could set would not be a good choice in most instances (when applied to a random set of the given variables). Now if you specify a specific player, world, (settings), activity, and location, then you can at least give a reasonable estimate, but even that is likely to have flaws. The bottom line is it's something you need to learn for yourself, mostly through experience.

I originally posted a variance of my reply on my tribe's forum:

Personally, I've found that the more troops the better. I had very nearly a 1:1 ratio of troops to points some time ago, but was still easy to clear. If you want an army as effective as possible for your village size (or points), keep this in mind:

Firstly, no amount of defense you could have would be enough if there's a nearby player much larger than you are, because they'd simply have more.

Second, a large defensive army of this size slows down growth - while, yes, it is common and advisable to have at least as many troops as you do points up until 500 points (then double the amount of troops for points), remember that every troop you recruit uses up resources that you then can't use for buildings. If you're farming enough, this shouldn't be too much of a problem, as the more troops you have, the more you can farm, the more resources you can obtain from farming, and ultimately the more troops you can train and buildings you can upgrade.

Third, a large player will most likely scout you first, so a couple hundred scouts in your village should keep them from seeing anything, including resources available for plunder and wall levels. Which decreases the effectiveness of any attack they may send at you, unless they decide to send everything they've got, which would be unfortunate for you. Hopefully, if they don't get enough info, they'll leave you alone until they have more scouts, and can scout you successfully. I know I would.

Fourth, when your troops are in transit in this world (47) they cannot be seen by scouts without some help from a paladin item. Therefore, odds are, if you dodge your troops, the scouts won't see them, and then if he attacks you for real he'll be up against a defense that he knew nothing about. A lot of players, even good ones, forget that we can't see troops that are outside the village. The trick is for you to never forget, and use it to your advantage.

Ultimately, if you have no troops you are a sitting duck. You'll be farmed, catted, nobled, or a combination of two or three of those. No scouts means your village is open to everyone who wants to see what you have, which usually precipitates an attack. No defensive units means you can't defend yourself, so they can just send troops to steal your resources, and until you can farm next you are pretty much screwed, because they'll just keep farming you. No farming units means you can't even farm. If an attacker sees everything you have, is constantly farming you for your resources, and you have no troops to farm with, then you're totally screwed and my advice at this point is to start over.

DeletedUser

You really have no idea what you're talking about...
n-dimensional space has nothing to do with time.

Before I respond, let me make this clear. When it comes to actual math, actual science... consider me on a high school 10th grade level - even with college-level courses, that isn't very much, and certainly not as much as you have been using. Calculus? Trigonometry? Quantum Physics? I don't understand them the way you do, and seeing the math would make my head spin, but there are things I can understand and intuit through common sense.

That said, I disagree with you. I can sense time. Simply by being aware of its passing, I can practically hear the seconds ticking by. In moments of hyper awareness you seem to have all the time in the world to watch things go wrong but not enough time to do things about it - you have become aware of time as a dimension through great need. Also, here is where the existence of time becomes usable in your context: You are debating using equations and graphs to determine three or four dimensions, and arguing about whether the fourth dimension is usable for such. I don't know about whether you can use it in the equations or graphs effectively (which I agree with Servy, need more info), but I do know that you are trying to determine what is best to use to do something, and to do something you have to travel through the fourth dimension. It is the fourth dimension that allows actions you start to move forward and reach their conclusion, so without the fourth dimension nothing else is really usable.