Ugh...No restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfmanct

well the annoying thing although none in my tribe have had this problem is starting away from the premades or friends in general.

DeletedUser

I think it is fairly cool, its a very packed worlds and it gives the usuall top20 a harder ride, im looking forward to being challenged more :)

DeletedUser

I say it is fair, with this rule at least you can't go on and on about restarting and it shows if you can adopt to a full area instead of barbs and makes you think more carefully on how to grow, also provides better beginning wars lol, spear nukes ftw ^^

Muldie325

I agree with Auskilla, it does advantage better players, because average ones will fail to adjust accordingly.

slinkiestwizard

the world was set for good players and premades there should be no crying over restarts. If any one has ability they dont need a restart to make it easier for themselves on the rim pppfffft

DeletedUser

Seeing as you've given up arguing it hinders better players can we assume you've found reason and realised it does not?

No you may not because I can not monitor the forums every 5 minutes to see what some insignificant player posts.

I still fail to understand how no restart could possibly be good it hinders advancement.

mattcurr

I still fail to understand

Well you have that part down right.

how no restart could possibly be good it hinders advancement.

Let me quote for you what you said since you seem to have forgotten.

It hinders the advancement of better players.

The issue people have taken with this statement is that it does not hinder good player. It hinders bad players who think they are good. It in fact helps good players. Because good players understand the game and how to adapt to a changing environment, where as poor players do not understand such things. When you even the playing field the better people will come out on top more often.. Look at it this way, if this were a hundred yard dash, and some people got 20 yard head starts due to location, in what way would making it so that all people had to run 100 yards mean that better runners were now at a disadvantage?

olympus

It's weird how the TW lifers moan about not being able to cheat. If you gotta restart numerous times cause you are too scared to be in certain areas, then maybe you should find a hobby (or lifestyle is more like it) that is less stressful.

You should really use a color that isn't hard to read.

Restarting for a better location isnt cheating, the restart is there for a reason. The cheating is making numerous accounts to find a better area as stated in the updated rules.

Restarting does not mean you are scared, it means for the most part, you want more farms. Say BP lasts for a week and you join the world with 0 barbs in your 7x7, wouldnt you restart for the opportunity to have a farm?

Most TW lifers lack the smarts to figure out that having less barbs is not a disadvantage because (brilliant revelation here) everyone is affected by the same parameters. If that is too difficult for you to understand then think of it this way: less pizza at a party means less pizza for everyone at the party.

As i said in my above post, if BP is for a week, those who have farms are at an advantage as they will have a greater source of res income. This means if you have a bad starting location in terms of farms, you are at a disadvantage.

As for your pizza analogy, if you were to eat all the pizza at the party, then it wouldnt matter if nobody else got any. This is the same for farms. You farm the res leaving non for your neighbours.

The only unbalancing factor is for the losers that spend 24 hours a day at this game, and even need to have babysitters for the few hours they sleep, they will be at a relative disadvantage cause they spend more hours a day going back and forth to the barbs like dithering zombies. Again for the IQ challenged, that means the more of your life you waste farming, the more you are disadvantaged by having less barbs in the world.

It is impossible to be on the game 24/7, but obviously you meant this figuratively. However a lot of players have a co player, some more than 1. A lot more start up pro's dont use co's at all but still have a higher farm rate than the majority of the world.

It is all in the technique, something you havent seemed to grasp yet.

Last edited:

mattcurr

You hate color only cause you are brainwashed into believing black is the only 'correct' color. Resistance to change is normal for non-thinking types.

Black is good because of its contrast, if you wish I can explain to you the spectroscopy involved in why the eye sees it better, and the whole contrast concept, but I think the quantum mechanics involved would lose, nearly everyone here.

DeletedUser

You hate color only cause you are brainwashed into believing black is the only 'correct' color. Resistance to change is normal for non-thinking types.

No, it's simply annoying to read and a lame attempt at grandour. 'nuff said.

If it wasn't cheating then the rule would not have been added to stop the cheating. Common sense.
*Looks at rules, does not see it*
Mk? Try again. It's simply a different setting on a different world.

Of course you have to insult my intelligence despite you neither knowing me nor realizing that your own cliche insults bespeak a lack of smarts.

He says technique not intelligence, can you see the difference?

olympus

If i was brain washed into believeing black is the only correct color, i wouldnt be using blue would i :icon_rolleyes: Calling me non thinking then posting a failed logic is always a great way to try and prove your point.

Restarting is not cheating, how much more clearer can i make this :icon_neutral: I will try to make this more simple for you. 1 account = 1 restart every 2 weeks i believe, this is an IG tool.
Multiple account to gain a better farm area is classed as cheating. Maybe you should read the rules? Obviously i'm explaining it in a way tha you can not comprehend.

I don't know you, no. But i can come to a conclusion based upon your posts, and as you have just further proved, you still havent grasped what i have said.

olympus

It's weird that you repeat the same randomness and insult my intelligence again cause I don't agree with your opinions.

I would, for the sake of ending your repetition, agree with you but that make us both wrong.

Perhaps if you constructed your posts a little better we could actually debate something. You said restarting is cheating:

Originally Posted by RaccoonPest
It's weird how the TW lifers moan about not being able to cheat.

You are wrong, end of. Just because you have an opinion doesnt then make it fact.

I havent yet insulted your intelligence, i havent needed to. You do that on your own accord.

DeletedUser

In other words you hate color. Most people like dull, drab colors cause they are less taxing on the brain to codify. It involves less neurons to transmit the data of black color than for colors. Japan, for example, has no color at all for cars, buildings, clothes etc. You will scream that I'm wrong but a simple look-see tells all.

No, he doesnt hate color, its just better to type in black cuz you can SEE IT BETTER. Like ur bright green post for example. Thats hard to read.

DeletedUser57199

You should really use a color that isn't hard to read. You hate color only cause you are brainwashed into believing black is the only 'correct' color. Resistance to change is normal for non-thinking types.

I lul'd, is it just me or is blue really not a color :icon_confused:

Ontopic: W53 to me seems like a world with a huge challenge curve... Easily the most aggressive settings out of any tw world out there. Any advantages given to a good intelligent player and well.. I dont have to tell you its going to be hell for any noob nearby. Its a good call with the restarting.
and in 1.5 days non of this will matter anyways...

twenty-five

No you may not because I can not monitor the forums every 5 minutes to see what some insignificant player posts.

I still fail to understand how no restart could possibly be good it hinders advancement.

BP bores me so getting people to restart helps make the time go faster. Now I guess I'll have to think of something else.

I was more referring to the fact you posted after what I said and didn't argue against me and proceeded to attempt to steer the topic in a different direction; reading the thread more thoroughly in future will allow you not to embarrass yourself.. Amusingly you call me insignificant, I sense what may perhaps be an inferiority complex.

Oh and as for failing to understand how it can be good, it is more challenging. Others have implied or stated it before me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

first time that im building mines before having lcs oO its impossible to farm :/

DeletedUser35029

I am thinking that they should have a world with No barbarian villages at all. Some players get alot of barbies around them and others get none. It gives the early advantage to players with the very early ability to farm and thus they have a huge competitive advantage.

With ZERO barbies everyone has the same advantage and not the lucky few who happened to score close in barbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.