W54 Blog

• Thread starter DeletedUser79609
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellthug

sry ulti but you didn't put any effort what so ever in your first blog , there is to menny things to talk about in a new world beside interviewing the top 4 with 4 questions each and call it of , this should of been a small part of your first blog, and keep on mind that you will post once every 15 days or so ,make the blog worth waiting for .

DeletedUser

Bad blog was bad.

Let's be honest, it was a waste of time reading any of those "interviews", I find it hard to believe the rest of the top 10 interviews were even less interesting. I would suggest reading through some other early world blogs to see the sort of things that should be done.

Hope to see some more effort put in for future blogs, and perhaps a little more keeping up on W54 PnP, there are certain top tribes forum readers want to know about, even if you consider their interviews boring...

DeletedUser

Of course you can make excuses for yourself but this is the guys first blog for W54. I know my first blog was not my best blog . Was yours ?

While I do think the people jumping on the bandwagon here are taking it waay too far, this guy claims to be an experienced blogger, and if he doesn't put effort into a blog that is meant to last us 2 weeks then we have the right to criticise him. Just like we don't need to be elected president to have the right to criticise reforms or lack of thereof.

There was constructive criticism provided:
[spoil]
I would suggest is that the blogs are done at the start of the month and the mid-way point of the month. Currently you say the start and the end of the month however that is pretty much right beside each other or more then likely within a week of each other.

No maps, no tribe/player reviews, and an uncomfortable format for interviews. I like to see the question above each answer and not have to scroll up again for reference.

just a few paragraphs and then copy and pasted interviews.
[/spoil]
and seeing as bloging is not something he is forced to do, then having another blog or (the most surprising excuse you posted for him) actually playing tribalwars, is not a reason to underperform.

DeletedUser

And once again with the personal attacks on me, Richard :icon_neutral: My only flaw as a blogger was that I was unable to release the weekly editions which were required. It is in the contract that weekly blogs are a must, and while a lot of current and past bloggers skip past that rule totally guilt-free, I could not.

In essence you are saying that just because I wasn't the perfect blogger (in your opinion) that I have no right to criticize other blogs? In what universe is that fair? I have just as much right as anyone to give constructive criticism where it is due. I don't see why you are defending my posts on a personal level when everything I have said to Ulti was strictly objective. In fact, I was one of the people vouching that he be hired for W22. I was the one that gave him a good recommendation. There is no reason for me to now sabotage that and I never intended to. I was just being honest. The only excuses for him that you've made are 'well maybe he's not the official blogger' and 'blogging takes a lot out of a person' - first argument was discredited and as for the second one, you know your job when you sign up for it. No one claimed it to be easy, but at the very least try to meet the requirements in the contract. Telling us straight up that he'll only be posting twice a month does not look like trying to meet the requirements to me.

Also, I never told him to quit. I told him to step it up and encouraged him to try harder next time.

DeletedUser

Well from my point of view, I thought the blog was good. For a first blog that is. Not much has really happened has it to be written about? :icon_surprised: This is the first time I've actually read a Tribalwars blog, I thought it was fine. Us people out on the rim here get a little perspective on how the leadership thinks and presents himself/herself.

I think the guy can only get better, give him a chance. And onto blogs every week, I'm not entirely knowledgable on the subject. But every week, you'd want a action packed world for that no? But unfortunatly I could be wrong, I do not know what the blog is intentionally for. Weather it be war updates, interviews or what not. Maybe blog about how cruel W54 players opinions are? :icon_wink:

dfix

@richard 2610 You keep ignoring the fact that we have a bloger we like who was turned down by the staff to do w54.

so instead of flaming everyone the blog staff would do better to listen to his readers.

DeletedUser

For the first few weeks of this world what is there to right about except find details on the players who are leading the tribes ?

Frail you do not like personal attacks from me but you will do it to other players. :/. If you believe I have personally attacked you maybe you should see me personally attack someone mail pherion etc. They can tell you what I am saying is nothing near to me having a personal attack on someone.

Two opinions to every matter. I believe you guys jumping on the bandwagon about a first blog is just disgraceful . To me that is a personal attack.

@ Squid (sacred) (was your name on w26 right ?). Yes I agree it was not the best blog but constructive criticism would be nice. You leave out the parts where they were asking ultimate to quit after 1 blog. ://

Yes Dfix I see that , I am a blogger who just saw this and was horrified after 1 blog you people could be lynching him like this . Maybe after 10 blogs like this....

If the person was turned down for W54 all I can think is he was turned down because Tiff believed he was not right for the job. Is he not now going to be blogging W55 ?

However I do agree with some points that the blog should be a big blog since there will only be 2 a month.

What do you want quality or quantity ?

DeletedUser

I have to admit I thought this was something that the guy had done off his own back just to make things more interesting, but if it is actually an official position and something other people could be doing better then it is merely logical for the people who can provide the more regular, more interesting and more in depth blogs to take charge?

Some more constructive posts should be given really, this thread is just a slating. Maybe if you want to help increase the quality of the blogs some constructive feedback plus feeding the blogger some info to write about would help? (If the original blogger doesn't give up and go cry in a corner now)

--------------------------------------------- Edit

Sorry for posting something boring on the forums.

DeletedUser

^^^

Agreed.

If it was bad help him out what should he have done . Personally mail him .

Dont make him look bad here and feel bad....

All I see is around 10 people going man quit. Thats a terrible feeling being put upon someone.

I have mailed the appropriate people and I hope matters will be resolved.

Im sure ultimates next blog will be better, any improvements below would be good.

draw a line on anything said already

-----------------------------------------

Maps would help .
Show the ks and whos dominating
Best noble so far (highest point noble)
Lowest point noble
Lowest barbarian nobled
Tribes interview in more depth
etc

DeletedUser

Was not the best blog I have seen and theres only going to be 2 per month... So I would just like one or the other please.

I'm sure he will up his game with a awesome blog on his next attempt to mute his critics.

DeletedUser

by the looks of things ultimate may just be doing w54 to help out since it didnt have a blogger.
richard 2610;5685793 Did Zed even apply to be an official blogger of w54 ? [/QUOTE said:
I applied & showed my talents, if he's doing it on the side I'd gladly fill in, althought I didn't apply, I posted an Unofficial blog, I was unsure how to apply (as there was no application on Blog Staff) *Not to sound too nooby*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did not think the blog was very good, however the calling for him to quit was a little unfair. Yes if we only get a blog of this quality every two month perhaps you are all right but lets give him a chance to respond to the critics and up his quality and quantity. Zednex should re-open his unofficial blog IMO though, because I did exactly the same thing in world 35, though I was no better, or worse, than the official blogger(s) I simply asspired to be the next blogger and wanted a little practice.

DeletedUser84906

Maybe after 10 blogs like this....

5 months of blogs like this one? :icon_eek:

If the person was turned down for W54 all I can think is he was turned down because Tiff believed he was not right for the job. Is he not now going to be blogging W55 ?

He applied, but got turned down beacuase apparently, there was someone else for the job (ultimatum), not for not being good, as he clearly proved the opposite with his unoficcial blog.

There wasnt quality nor quantity.

Bold.

Exactly .

Of course you can make excuses for yourself but this is the guys first blog for W54. I know my first blog was not my best blog . Was yours ?

First of all, darias blogs were great, all of them(no suck up intended :icon_razz:). Secondly, its not his first blog, he has been blogging w22 for a while now, and its not even an excuse, as zednex first blog ever was pretty good.

Mefisto what does your post do except spam ? Except the last part :p

It wasnt spam. First part was me supporting daria, and just messing with you. Second part was replying to your post, which you havent replied back so far...other than this:

[spoil]Of course I encourage my blogs (personally) to have criticism . Constructive criticism .[/spoil]

Did Zed even apply to be an official blogger of w54 ?

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser656

You are welcome to give constructive (and some of the comments here aren't really that) criticism in this thread, but please don't argue with each other about it here. Use the PM system if you must.

DeletedUser79609

After reading through this I can see what you are saying. If you feel Zed will do a better job, which I agree with, then you can gladly have him. I'm perfectly happy blogging for W22. The only reason I asked to blog W54 was to experience blogging for a new world. Bad idea :p

Atleast this is the most lively thread i've made :)

DeletedUser79609

You are welcome to give constructive (and some of the comments here aren't really that) criticism in this thread, but please don't argue with each other about it here. Use the PM system if you must.

Nahh my PM box is 90% full :D

DeletedUser84906

After reading through this I can see what you are saying. If you feel Zed will do a better job, which I agree with, then you can gladly have him. I'm perfectly happy blogging for W22. The only reason I asked to blog W54 was to experience blogging for a new world. Bad idea :p

Atleast this is the most lively thread i've made :)

No mate. The job is yours. Just take any of the "contructive criticism" in this thread, and implement it in the next blog, with a few other features you come up with.

Nahh my PM box is 90% full :D

He meant beetween the ones arguing here :icon_wink:

DeletedUser79609

No mate. The job is yours. Just take any of the "contructive criticism" in this thread, and implement it in the next blog, with a few other features you come up with.

There isn't really any point. Zednex's blog is a lot better than mine and like I said, i'm happy blogging for W22. I asked for this job, I can easily give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.