Whose joining with intentions of...

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure most of you guys here pay an internet / phone bill. Wouldn't that be considered paying to win?

Internet ad phone bills, that's not "paying to win", that's "paying to actually play the game" whether its to win or lose, that's a different question.

DeletedUser111495

Ill be joining :) be good to start from the beginning again and still have loads of free time :)

punk4life

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I find it ironic that one of the biggest running jokes in tw has the audacity to call themselves a good player.
First to lc lately nauz
hahahaahahah

I'm not here to kiss anyone's ass but after a lengthy time having a go at Nauz I spoke to him to clear the air and start afresh and I have to say this, he is in the top 3 players I have got to know in the game, a start up master second to none and a very helpful useful ally to have, so stop taking the rip and get to know him as you won't win in game or a TW debate against him.. end of.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
ThisIsTheEnd is wardy, someone I frequently play with, who was bored and felt the need to troll the forums so made a new account since his normal account was permbanned by Nino Proctic a few years ago.

DeletedUser92121

I'm not here to kiss anyone's ass but after a lengthy time having a go at Nauz I spoke to him to clear the air and start afresh and I have to say this, he is in the top 3 players I have got to know in the game, a start up master second to none and a very helpful useful ally to have, so stop taking the rip and get to know him as you won't win in game or a TW debate against him.. end of.

I'm top1...Unlucky Nauz

gargareth

I've always thought that beyond a few villages simple premium is paying to win, as it saves you so much time, and enables the use of so many scripts. And Account Manager? I have that on one world now and I only have to login to send trains, tag and throw support around a bit. Whereas dealing with those only 25 vills would take up most of my day even if I had normal premium only. It might not be technically pay to win, but it's certainly pay2keepsane.

I'm just going to copy and paste a perfectly good response to this from earlier in the thread here.

No, that's essentially p2p.

Subscription services are not at all the same as microtransactions.

Someone that pays $5 a month instead of $0, isn't the issue, we can all afford $5.

The issue is when someone decides to spend $5,000, since most people can't spend $5,000.

The difference is that premium is a relatively small amount (at least compared to how much some people spend on p2w features) and most importantly, it gives everyone who buys it the same boost. With just normal premium and no p2w features or flags, the limit to how much of an advantage premium can give you is Premium Account + Account Manager + Farm Assistant. That it is very very difficult to remain competitive without a premium account essentially makes tw p2p or a subscription service.

The difference with p2w features, is that the gap on what premium can do for you is way way way way higher. If I have an account with infinite premium I can make every building I queue finish instantly and cost 20% less. I can also buy resources constantly at the market and correct and distribution problems with 1:1 trade with village merchant.

Unlike with just standard premium/account manager features, as I pay more, I get more benefits. So someone who pays 5000 premium points gets way more benefit than someone who pays 1000 that is what makes it pay to win.

The same is obviously not true for premium account + account manager. If you pay way more for that, you just get it for a really really long time.

d4m0

I appreciate the difference between p2w and normal premium, however I don't think a game that trumpets the fact that it is 'free' can legitimately claim that it's okay for you to have a massive disadvantage because you don't pay the 'subscription fee'. Not trying to pick a fight here, just what I've always thought. It obviously doesn't help that I rarely have premium on my accounts, which is one of the main reasons I never last beyonf mid-game (or at least in my opinion :p).

I've always coped with the fact that I'm at a disadvantage, and I do understand why you're all so iffy about p2w.. I was exceedingly unhappy watching the top 20 on uk17, a limited hauls world, zoom days and weeks ahead of everyone else based on their spare cash. But I guess it's just like more of the same to me, whereas you guys have really never been that disadvantaged, at least so far as I can tell.

Couldn't think of a decent synonym for disadvantage D:

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Internet ad phone bills, that's not "paying to win", that's "paying to actually play the game" whether its to win or lose, that's a different question.

Paying internet bill = internet available
Available internet = playing tw
Playing tw = play to win

Paying internet bill = p2w

mattcurr

I think I got dumber reading those last two posts, does that really need debate

DeletedUser

the important point is you think he is in the top 3 players you know. not top 3 in the game.
I got a list it goes
Hrvoje, Jager and wardyuc.

Only team on tw that cant be beat

DeletedUser

I'm joining simply to give out spare premium to people I meet, because I have quite a lot to spare. It's a good way to keep up-to-date with everything that goes on in TW. I've set myself a goal of not ending up in the top 20 at any point, this time. :)

tl;dr Want free pp? Befriend me after the start of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm joining simply to give out spare premium to people I meet, because I have quite a lot to spare. It's a good way to keep up-to-date with everything that goes on in TW. I've set myself a goal of not ending up in the top 20 at any point, this time. :)

tl;dr Want free pp? Befriend me after the start of the world.

ooh pick me pick me :D <3