World 7: The beginning of the end

torflek

Mars didnt make another family tribe, they merged into THOR. Also there was only THOR3 and THOR4. THOR5 had existed at one point but then merged into 3 and 4 i think. Also ANUBIS does count as they were in GODS and they did join SF. As otherwise you could now say CROM, ARES and HADES dont count as they have been in -WE- for quite a while but they still were in GODS

No MARS became THOR2; that's why my MARS conquers now come up as THOR2 in twstats. Really you can see what GOD tribes existed by looking at the remaining SFs players conquers, we document the falls of the GOD tribes in our records.

You are also wrong. TM and ANUBIS formed SF. Therefore when -WE- was formed; SF, CROM and HADES formed -WE- not TM, HADES, ANUBIS, CROM.
ARES never formed part of the original WE, later a few players joined and the tribe was reclassified to WEE as we sorted out the tribes. Hell I can not be sure without extensive back checking but I bet there's as many players in -WE- from -S- as from ARES now.

Really end of the day it really doesn't matter. -WE- at formation was a strong tribe, the very best of the SW - all war battered veterans. Since, players have been recruited as and when needed or as opportunities came available. However, -WE-s heritage although now completely multicultural - it still performs as one, with strength and unity.

Really the victory is a -WE- victory and that's about as conclusive as it gets and is irrespective of heritage tribes. Everyone in -WE- will have there own story and how they got to WE - but they have all deserved to be there.

DeletedUser

No MARS became THOR2; that's why my MARS conquers now come up as THOR2 in twstats. Really you can see what GOD tribes existed by looking at the remaining SFs players conquers, we document the falls of the GOD tribes in our records.

You are also wrong. TM and ANUBIS formed SF. Therefore when -WE- was formed; SF, CROM and HADES formed -WE- not TM, HADES, ANUBIS, CROM.
ARES never formed part of the original WE, later a few players joined and the tribe was reclassified to WEE as we sorted out the tribes. Hell I can not be sure without extensive back checking but I bet there's as many players in -WE- from -S- as from ARES now.

Really end of the day it really doesn't matter. -WE- at formation was a strong tribe, the very best of the SW - all war battered veterans. Since, players have been recruited as and when needed or as opportunities came available. However, -WE-s heritage although now completely multicultural - it still performs as one, with strength and unity.

Really the victory is a -WE- victory and that's about as conclusive as it gets and is irrespective of heritage tribes. Everyone in -WE- will have there own story and how they got to WE - but they have all deserved to be there.

This entire post confirms my previous point. -WE- is the result of several merges involving the majority of the GODS tribes (That is, HADES, ANUBIS, CROM, ARES, and ORION were all involved with merges with each other or other tribes which ended with -WE-). The only tribes not involved were EREBUS, THOR, and 75% of MARS (MARS having merged into the THOR family tribes, while the northern most joined CROM and HADES).

You seriously just said the same thing that you claimed I was wrong about earlier. :icon_wink:

torflek

This entire post confirms my previous point. -WE- is the result of several merges involving the majority of the GODS tribes (That is, HADES, ANUBIS, CROM, ARES, and ORION were all involved with merges with each other or other tribes which ended with -WE-). The only tribes not involved were EREBUS, THOR, and 75% of MARS (MARS having merged into the THOR family tribes, while the northern most joined CROM and HADES).

You seriously just said the same thing that you claimed I was wrong about earlier. :icon_wink:

God I thought you had sense, but noooo. A merge is when one tribe is completely joined into another tribe. ie if 2 tribes join together to form a new tribe, or if 1 tribe merges into another pre-existing tribe. TM merged with ANUBIS to form SF (although I still hold that as this was pre WE formation it is heritage - ie ANUBIS never merged with -WE-, and CROM and HADES merged with SF (and AU) to form -WE-. That's as far as it went. Only other thing was when WE took over TFB (this too could be considered a merge). ARES and ORION never merged with WE, nor did THE, VF, *I*, SDS, TM, TEAM although sure we have players whos heritage comes from all those tribes (I think) but it doesn't make it a merge - it was recruitment or heritage.

You show your lack of understanding and knowledge when you claim some of MARS merged into CROM and HADES. Completely wrong. FIrstly CROM was to the far west, why would any northern MARS player have joined CROM? I do not believe any players from MARS ever joined HADES. THey either turned to THOR2, whereupon some of players turned THOR. AU recruited a couple of players that had been working for SF / AU for a while (deemed better in AU initially than SF due to the tribe set up). Otherwise players went to PTT/SOCOM/ROS (eventually).

So no, I am saying the opposite. 2 GOD tribes merged with SF/AU to form -WE-. All the rest were recruitment or historic and therefore not a merge into WE.

DeletedUser

God I thought you had sense, but noooo. A merge is when one tribe is completely joined into another tribe. ie if 2 tribes join together to form a new tribe, or if 1 tribe merges into another pre-existing tribe. TM merged with ANUBIS to form SF (although I still hold that as this was pre WE formation it is heritage - ie ANUBIS never merged with -WE-, and CROM and HADES merged with SF (and AU) to form -WE-. That's as far as it went. Only other thing was when WE took over TFB (this too could be considered a merge). ARES and ORION never merged with WE, nor did THE, VF, *I*, SDS, TM, TEAM although sure we have players whos heritage comes from all those tribes (I think) but it doesn't make it a merge - it was recruitment or heritage.

You show your lack of understanding and knowledge when you claim some of MARS merged into CROM and HADES. Completely wrong. FIrstly CROM was to the far west, why would any northern MARS player have joined CROM? I do not believe any players from MARS ever joined HADES. THey either turned to THOR2, whereupon some of players turned THOR. AU recruited a couple of players that had been working for SF / AU for a while (deemed better in AU initially than SF due to the tribe set up). Otherwise players went to PTT/SOCOM/ROS (eventually).

So no, I am saying the opposite. 2 GOD tribes merged with SF/AU to form -WE-. All the rest were recruitment or historic and therefore not a merge into WE.

Sorry but your are arguing over a techinicality. -WE- is the product of ANUBIS, CROM, ARES and HADES, TM TFB and possible ORION (not too sure what happened to them). No matter how you look at it these tribes all came together in one way or another to form -WE-. Also in my opinion a merge is when the best player or a majority of the tribe join another one while leaving the worse players behind.

torflek

Sorry but your are arguing over a techinicality. -WE- is the product of ANUBIS, CROM, ARES and HADES, TM TFB and possible ORION (not too sure what happened to them). No matter how you look at it these tribes all came together in one way or another to form -WE-. Also in my opinion a merge is when the best player or a majority of the tribe join another one while leaving the worse players behind.

No you are arguing a silly issue, otherwise I could claim..... ANUBIS was the product of TEAM-A, TEAM-B, TEAM-C, CROM a product of DAD and another DAD tribe + some others (L.D?), TM also very early merged in ASP and SDS; TFB took in some ANGELs and others.... I could go on.... and come to the conclusion of a list of a hundred odd original tribes. Point is the tribes that formed -we- were SF, HADES and CROM. For example if you ask an SF player were they came from historically they would say SF whether from an original TM or ANUBIS descent.

I can not be sure, but I believe giantsfrey is the only player that came from ORION (ORION were dead by the time I cared about them so I may be wrong), but still frey came via TFB; therefore he joined WE as TFB. Even if I tease him for being an orion, end of days he joined as a TFB player. Hell wasn't Laz a REF player and joined WE as TFB too. Again that does not mean WE took in ORION or REF players - simply NO - we joined TFB players into the tribe.

What do I consider myself? Well I've been duke of -WE- for damn years, I was duke of SF, TM and ASP though. If asked my heritage tribe was SF though, hell SF must have been almost a year fighting together against the GODs, why would anyone consider any player in SF a GOD player after what SF went through!

DeletedUser

All the rest were recruitment or historic and therefore not a merge into WE.

Your argument is that the history of -WE- only matters AFTER a period in time? So basically, the world already started with everyone at a 3M point average (I'm completely guessing on the points average at the time, it's making a point) according to you. Yeah, I think you have to realize the world's been going for a longer time than that, so you can't discount everything as 'Omg that's history!!' If you hadn't noticed, everything that's happened already is history, including both the merges you say did matter, as well as the ones you claim don't.

If you merged once, you have to acknowledge every other merge as well, and at this point in the game, I don't see why it's such a big deal that you HAVE to fight everyone about it. World's over, and a combination of GODS, TFB, and a couple left-over TM won (Through a number of merges into each other and other tribes. There was no use of the tribal disband button, so logically they never died/disbanded. Something else must have occurred, whereby every member was given an invitation to a certain pre-determined tribe, that caused the tribes to drop members, and another tribe to gain members. Likewise, leadership teams were also shared, which by far and away is the most significant parts of merges), and I really doubt anyone cares about perception (You being the exception). I for one just want the world to end at this point so I can get my free premium. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

torflek

Your argument is that the history of -WE- only matters AFTER a period in time? So basically, the world already started with everyone at a 3M point average (I'm completely guessing on the points average at the time, it's making a point) according to you. Yeah, I think you have to realize the world's been going for a longer time than that, so you can't discount everything as 'Omg that's history!!' If you hadn't noticed, everything that's happened already is history, including both the merges you say did matter, as well as the ones you claim don't.

If you merged once, you have to acknowledge every other merge as well, and at this point in the game, I don't see why it's such a big deal that you HAVE to fight everyone about it. World's over, and a combination of GODS, TFB, and a couple left-over TM won (Through a number of merges into each other and other tribes. There was no use of the tribal disband button, so logically they never died/disbanded. Something else must have occurred, whereby every member was given an invitation to a certain pre-determined tribe, that caused the tribes to drop members, and another tribe to gain members. Likewise, leadership teams were also shared, which by far and away is the most significant parts of merges), and I really doubt anyone cares about perception (You being the exception). I for one just want the world to end at this point so I can get my free premium. :)

Lol, 4 of the top 10 ODA are TM heritage; over 1/3 of the -WE- council. I haven't bothered counting but a large percentage in WE were in SF still. You make yourself look a fool by claiming 'left over'.

Leadership was divided between SF, CROM and HADES. Initially 2 SF, 2 CROM, 1 HADES. Over time this progressed to what we have today - ie a good workable leadership irrespective of cultural heritage. This was the only time in -WE- history was the leadership changed by a merge. Even when TFB was merged in no leadership positions were given, a few weeks later Lazerus was voted to step in to replace the retiring duke - Maintos.

torflek

Again, you disagree by arguing the same thing that you're saying I'm wrong about?

I agree with you Torflek, you are brilliant

Misquoting me don't prove you right.

Oh and no SF after a year of being together was quite SF. The same as WE is WE despite were we come from. Or are you claiming you are not WE?

DeletedUser

Even when TFB was merged in no leadership positions were given, a few weeks later Lazerus was voted to step in to replace the retiring duke - Maintos.

Wrong there, myself and Mykil were given positions from the start as part of the deal.

DeletedUser

Misquoting me don't prove you right.

Oh and no SF after a year of being together was quite SF. The same as WE is WE despite were we come from. Or are you claiming you are not WE?

Admittedly, I added the brackets. Are you now telling me SF wasn't a merge between TM/AU and ANUBIS? Do I have to quote you saying that's exactly what happened?

SF after a year together is still historically a merge from TM and ANUBIS at a previous point in time. If you didn't realize, human history didn't start in the year 2,000, you have to remember the 10,000 years of human development beforehand. Likewise, you can't just say -WE- exists, is ALWAYS -WE-, and HASNEVEREVERMERGED(Ragefaceon), when basic historical fact (And also your exact words over the last two pages of this thread) state that historically, -WE- is the result of merges with a number of GODS tribes, including, in your own words, ANUBIS, CROM, HADES, ARES, and ORION at one point or another. I'm quite mindblown actually, I don't think I've ever watched someone trying to argue with themselves before, but you doing it is quite the feat.

Are you going to say I'm wrong again? If you are and you're looking for a point, you should try '-WE- is a tribe made from merges, but DAMNIT WE NEVER MERGED.' I don't think you've used it yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lions Brotherhood forever! I still remember IL.CARDINAL (Duke)'s promotion certificates, tribal constitution and war groups, the Senior-Diplomat- Icewolf Prime, and of course the great Angrim, leading the way.

PS. Also backing the 'thank god GODS didn't win' comments, and congratulations to everyone who played, plays, and especially those who won. Good game.

Thanks for all the fun,

NecropolisEye
~Diplomat of LB ...once upon a time

giantsfrey

orion is right here, besh. that's all you need to know about orion. don't ask questions about orion.

giantsfrey

oh, also, i'd like to add that tribe lines and tags from back when all the GODs tribes were around just don't compare well to the world -WE- has created now... back then, GODs was thousands of players. now, -WE- has 100 players. any way you slice it, only a tiny fraction of any tribe from back then is left today. regardless of what group they were part of then, when -WE- was formed as a single elite end-game tribe and the gameworld dynamics changed, basically every tribe was killed. the tribes holding the largest and only substantial portions of the current -WE- would have to be SF and TFB, so calling -WE- a mass-recruit tribe is like calling Pol Pot's cambodia a mass invite country--in reality, any way you slice it, there was a LOT more purging than binging

DeletedUser

oh, also, i'd like to add that tribe lines and tags from back when all the GODs tribes were around just don't compare well to the world -WE- has created now... back then, GODs was thousands of players. now, -WE- has 100 players. any way you slice it, only a tiny fraction of any tribe from back then is left today. regardless of what group they were part of then, when -WE- was formed as a single elite end-game tribe and the gameworld dynamics changed, basically every tribe was killed. the tribes holding the largest and only substantial portions of the current -WE- would have to be SF and TFB, so calling -WE- a mass-recruit tribe is like calling Pol Pot's cambodia a mass invite country--in reality, any way you slice it, there was a LOT more purging than binging

I have to agree, but Torflek's rageface is/was on far too much to see the point I was trying to make. :icon_razz: He was far more interested in arguing with himself (Actually, I think that's always been the case with him, now that I think about it).

DeletedUser53550

Lions Brotherhood forever! I still remember IL.CARDINAL (Duke)'s promotion certificates, tribal constitution and war groups, the Senior-Diplomat- Icewolf Prime, and of course the great Angrim, leading the way.

PS. Also backing the 'thank god GODS didn't win' comments, and congratulations to everyone who played, plays, and especially those who won. Good game.

Thanks for all the fun,

NecropolisEye
~Diplomat of LB ...once upon a time

Wow.. Longtime no hear from!

How are you doing?

DeletedUser

Wow.. Longtime no hear from!

How are you doing?
I'm good thanks, played a lot after W7, just under different alias'- even became a mod. But haven't actually been playing for about a year now (I seem to get too addicted if I have an account :icon_redface:); still like to check in every now and then though. But yeah, sad day to see the beginning end.

How've you been?

DeletedUser53550

How've I been? Still plodding along.. but I'm not sad that W7 is closing; it's been going on too long

DeletedUser

2 months away if -WE- cannot noble everyone else before then