Would you like some BACON for breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

And random kid, 25 mines are not more than enough to go for nobles ffs they are way too low. If you went any lower like you suggest is possible you're simply really bad..

I think mathematically, the quickest way to a noble is to stop at around 25 mines.

But, you would have no troops or barracks.

And you would get shat on if you somehow managed to noble a village.

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
Bacon is just a bad tribe thats all. I think this thread should be closed. Why are we even talking about Bacon when we should be talking about POW! They're clearly the best tribe so far.

DeletedUser

And random kid, 25 mines are not more than enough to go for nobles ffs they are way too low. If you went any lower like you suggest is possible you're simply really bad..

o.o thats dishearting i nobled two guys with 1)near max pits and another around 28...by rushing nobles after 25 pits back in the days...But oh well what do i know ,i am just some "random kid" .

Michael Corleone.

Bacon is just a bad tribe thats all. I think this thread should be closed. Why are we even talking about Bacon when we should be talking about POW! They're clearly the best tribe so far.

Considering you were in CODEX in W73 if memory serves correct, your opinion on what a good/bad tribe is void in my eyes.
Not to mention, if memory serves correct, you all backstabbed them anyway.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Not to mention, if memory serves correct, you all backstabbed them anyway.

And I thought this world had enough backstabbers with W2V in it. :icon_razz:

Disclaimer.
Just to clarify. YES that was a tongue and cheek jibe at W2V of world 56. Please can everyone in W2V take what I have written above with a pinch of salt before Saunfree or anyone else goes off on a rant at me. Thank You

DeletedUser

Unfortunately you lacked one more emoticon to qualify that as tongue and cheek so prepare for another essay rant battle with me!

DeletedUser93066

Matt you forgot I read between the lines? Whether you did mean it or not that doesn't matter to me. Not at all..

mattcurr

o.o thats dishearting i nobled two guys with 1)near max pits and another around 28...by rushing nobles after 25 pits back in the days...But oh well what do i know ,i am just some "random kid" .

Rimming bigger idiots doesn't make you good

DeletedUser53562

It's unfortunate that Ryp had to take Matt's bait and start a discussion about our def req, but here we are. Metal Duck did something similar to Wobble on w65 and if nothing else, the attention to our high requirement bought us some time. :lol:

So, yes we had a def req upon bp ending and having seen cats were already out, my reasoning was twofold. One, I have a lot of members who aren't used to a def req and I wanted to ease them into the idea with small frequent increments before I freaked them out with the final number and two; I had several isolated late starters who needed pre-emotive stacks. The requirement was small enough back then that I don't believe it slowed us down that much, but possibly the wall requirement had an impact as it's a slow build that uses up clay, the one resource the market always seems short of. Do I care that it set us back? Not one iota. We have always needed out def req in every world we've played and I suspect this one will be no different.

The reasoning for my final level is as pointed out above, our position. I agree that the other premades are unlikely to be stupid enough to hit too soon, but there's plenty of noob family tribes around who are and when there's several who are already gearing up to gang bang you, it's not worth the risk. Our tight cluster means we can quickly and easily stack high for defensive purposes or to prevent back times when co training without a huge loss to the tribe. To be honest it was going to be even higher but I've a few people who opted for a full def start who are picking up the slack.

But I thank you Matt for sharing what you would do, what a riveting read, I'm sure all the world enjoyed the loquacious display of self-importance. I suppose Muldie is thrilled with such advice in his tribe and indeed on his account round the clock. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcurr

But I thank you Matt for sharing what you would do, what a riveting read, I'm sure all the world enjoyed the loquacious display of self-importance. I suppose Muldie is thrilled with such advice in his tribe and indeed on his account round the clock. :icon_wink:
So let me understand this correctly I posted my opinion that you all built early rax and were slowed down by it. I was correct. 28 said that I would have made the same choice so I explained my take on what I would have done and this is self importance!?!? You can attempt to make this about me all you like to divert attention but me pointing out something that's true about the tribe in a public forum and topic about you has little todo with me.! I'm not leading I won't be leading I won't ever start a tribe again in all likelihood. But your tribe is here and high profile if you think that because I am a "high profile" player and leader that precludes me from posting without having it somehow having to relate back to me go ahead live in your delusional world but I post even in world's I don't play. Your guesses are ridiculous btw
Riverstyx pretty much summed it up.

Btw, its called smart nobling puft.
You can noble with 25 mines and you can noble with 20,000 Spears attacking and be successful doesn't make it wise..

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is such a silly discussion. Both of you are right as it depends on perspective.

Perspective 1) Going for def troops early on uses up resources that could be going towards upgraded pits, as well as needing a higher farm early on. And so it slows you down somewhat.

Perspective 2) If you haven't got defensive troops, and someone rushes to cats and targets your higher level pits, you are in the same boat by taking that risk unnecessarily.

I'd rather than troops to defend with than lose my work building up an account due to not having them and being catted. But that's a personal style I guess :)

DeletedUser95593

I think mathematically, the quickest way to a noble is to stop at around 25 mines.

But, you would have no troops or barracks.

And you would get shat on if you somehow managed to noble a village.

25/26/25 is enough to keep hq/stable/barracks running constant through smithy rush.

Bar a def requirement you'd likely have more troops by the end of it than someone who was just minewhoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.