Your new Blogger is...

DeletedUser

@D4.

I'm not saying you aren't good at blogging. Simply saying that none that takes part in a world can help being bias in blogging of it.
No personal attacks towards you or any other player in your shoes. It was not my intention to offend or hurt someone on here.
Just giving my opinion.

DeletedUser

don't know why this is under this topic, but just had to reply to this and i don't know how to quote this under the right section, so maybe this can be moved to it?

Disa, have you even read D4's blogs? or are you just bent on generalizing?
please point out where he was so biased, he basically sticks to what's what and quotes stats and he blogged on a few different topics since he started

what facts are you basing your opinions on or are you just biased against bloggers in general?

This topic came up in T-bones reply:
considering there are three bloggers on w44 no1 decided to take on the role of this one up to date or is that cos they all in INC :p

Yes I have read all his blogs on the world.
It never was my intention on being generalizing anyone or anything.
But as a player on this world I think I have my right to say my opinion, or do you disagree?

I am not saying he's a bad blogger. Not at all. Simply saying that all that take part in some world and blog about it can not help being bias.

I read blogs because I like to read them, not because I dislike it.

Or do you think you should be able to ban me from reading them?

D4alicious

I agree that you will always be biased, and it's not easy to be as least biased as possible. But I do believe it would be too hard to blog for a world you don't play.

No offence taken, like I said - the blog is for everyone else it's not for me. I'm just trying to do the best I can.

DeletedUser

Yes I have read all his blogs on the world.
It never was my intention on being generalizing anyone or anything.
But as a player on this world I think I have my right to say my opinion, or do you disagree?

I am not saying he's a bad blogger. Not at all. Simply saying that all that take part in some world and blog about it can not help being bias.

I read blogs because I like to read them, not because I dislike it.

you're entitled to you opinions, i just don't agree with them in this particular case
i don't believe that D4 was particularly biased in any of his blogs that he's done so far and he also got some positive feedback on them from some players in UNDER as well

Or do you think you should be able to ban me from reading them?

that's just silly question and not worth a response

DeletedUser

Moved things over from the milestones thread - hope that that doesn't cause further confusion but it was annoying having two parallel discussions taking place, one of which was in the wrong place :p

As a past blogger myself, I think that it is paramount that the blogger plays the world. It is difficult for an outsider to get such an intimate connection with the events, not to mention the logistics of communicating with leaders and players if you don't have an account on the world.

Bloggers have strict guidelines to prevent bias in their writings - I'm sure D4 can disabuse any of your concerns if there are any specific instances of bias that you would like to redress.

DeletedUser

that just makes sense
how could anyone write about a particular world if they don't play on it?
they would have no familiarity with any of the tribes, the players or events on the world and especially the intimate details of wars going on :p
while avoiding total bias may not be possible, i think that D4 tries to present more the facts in his blogs rather than totally biased opinions

DeletedUser

@syntexgrid.

I've not once said that this was only to do with D4. I've on the other hand said many times that it was something that could be find with all bloggers on TW.

@Gabi.

You and I should maybe agree to disagree?
I really love your co's, they are great people!
I know they like you, so I'm not going to give you the fight you are looking for.

DeletedUser

i plan on helping d4 with some interviews and maybe an idea or two, but be a day or two kind of cut my hand to hell :p

DeletedUser

@syntexgrid.

I've not once said that this was only to do with D4. I've on the other hand said many times that it was something that could be find with all bloggers on TW.
I appreciate that. Perhaps you'd like to strike up a discourse with Jeho, then, if you think the issue is prevalent?

DeletedUser

@syntexgrid.

@Gabi.

You and I should maybe agree to disagree?
I really love your co's, they are great people!
I know they like you, so I'm not going to give you the fight you are looking for.

Now why do you need to make this personal?
I know my co's are great people, no doubt about it. I'm a great person too, btw :p, regardless of what you're implying by this statement.
You don't know me and i don't know you. We're strangers to each other.

BTW, i've only heard good things about you from others and not just from my co's.

i'm trying to keep this on your topic and NOT get into personalities here.

i'm not looking for a fight. you made a statement i do not agree with and asked for you to show me where D4 was being biased. If you can show me, i may even concede that he was being biased in that particular instance, yet you have not backed up your allegations with any proof at all. As a result, your accusation is baseless regardless of your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Perhaps you'd like to strike up a discourse with Jeho, then, if you think the issue is prevalent?
I might. But as I said many times before, it was an opinion that doesn't point on one blogger more than others.

Now why do you need to make this personal?
I know my co's are great people, no doubt about it. I'm a great person too, btw :p, regardless of what you're implying by this statement.
You don't know me and i don't know you. We're strangers to each other.

BTW, i've only heard good things about you from others and not just from my co's.

i'm trying to keep this on your topic and NOT get into personalities here.

i'm not looking for a fight. you made a statement i do not agree with and asked for you to show me where D4 was being biased. If you can show me, i may even concede that he was being biased in that particular instance, yet you have not backed up your allegations with any proof at all. As a result, your accusation is baseless regardless of your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to. :icon_rolleyes:

I didn't make it personal. You did.
Yes we are strangers to one another, I never said I knew you.

I wasn't making any accusations. I just gave out my opinion.