OLD generation vs NEW generation

DeletedUser96141

The amount of time you've played on the game doesn't mean anything imo. It's all about how much you've learnt/how skilled you've become in the time that you've played.

exactly- ive seen a 1month player beet a world 5 player

DeletedUser

People have successful ignored my original post, only to post the exact same thing.

DeletedUser

I didn't ignore it. I simply posted my view - which happens to be the same as yours.. ;)

DeletedUser

Depends on what you call old I guess. The new players benefit from the old players knowledge so I am guessing a new player would be better if they have the right strategy.

Take w28 for instance. Old mixed with new to make the tribe sith. They dominated until they lost interest

DeletedUser

+1 = one word, which warrants an infraction/warning. I'd rather not. :p

But yeah, I think the question of old vs new has been answered. Both lose! :] (Or win, but I'm a pessimist, sooo.)

+1 :lol:

But there's a hell of a lot of factors that come in to play. Who has the best area? Is that area competitive? Is there a turtle who they can noble easily? Does the player know to leave someone to noble later? etc etc etc The list goes on.

But most experienced players teach in-experienced players. And most experienced players will know what to do instantly when they see their areas. That's why you see a lot of the time, the usual players up there at the top.

DeletedUser

Oh this old arguement again, I see...

As on so many worlds, I will restate what so many players have argued to this point; The new reign over the old.

Now being old myself, that is a hard pill to swallow (just to point that out before anyone assumes bias by looking at this acct's join date alone...ALIAS).

The reasoning here is found in the endless resources new players have to teach them nowadays. Back in the day, say even as far as W1, we all had to learn for ourselves. There was no one to teach us tactics or give us guides because everyone was a newb back then. We had to learn through the old fashioned way of trial and error. We had to make our own mistakes and adapt a strategy based on our own failures and successes, not those of others.

For the above reason, the new tend to develop skill much faster but for the same reason, you should always have a healthy respect for your elders... for paving the way for you youngster to have an easy ride to excellent. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I went the trial and error road on w25. Taught me some hard lessons. Such as mixed villages are not good lol. I am gonna be forced to agree in all ways but 1 with you. The elders must earn respect before it can be given

Michael Corleone.

I used to consider myself new school, but not anymore. :icon_confused: