OLD generation vs NEW generation

DeletedUser

That reminds me of my experience as well. I went on a huge hiatus, the 20's to 40. When I came back, people called me crazy because I had no idea who Nauz or Purple was. So much was new to me, couldn't believe it. Even now, the game is still evolving.

As stupid as it sounds to blast competitiveness, the competitiveness of start up has ruined the game. While it is fun (and I'm subject to it), it kills the game. It becomes to where every top 5 is the same players over and over again. Eventually, people stop playing from dying from repetitiveness.

Same hapenned to me bro :icon_redface:

BTW: leave the portuguese bickering in the portuguese forums.

DeletedUser

This is a hard question.

For knowledge on thew inner workings of the game, strategies, and how to manipulate other players/tribes... I'd go with old school players.

For knowledge on the newest scripts, grouping methods, farming methods, sniping methods, etc, etc... I'd go with new school.

I don't agree with this even though I would consider myself old school, played first world about 3 and half years ago. And recently restarting to play again after 2-3 years of rest.

I don't find that manipulation is something that is predominantly gained from long period of time. I rather find that this is something based on a person's natural skill/ability of writing and speaking that is rooted in real life. A player may have played for 4 years and still have lack of manipulating skills.

And I had also been faced with this...hmmm.. new methods, things that I had never imagined before, such as ms trains/snipe, all those scripts, even the tutorial thing, and etc. But it doesn't mean that old school players can't adapt to new features. :) Though, it could difficult to catch up to the new way of playing (not really), with experience from past I think it should be easy for old school players to quickly adjust to new settings and eventually getting the result that they wanted.

And it does it seem that the game got much more competitive :(. I remember getting in rank much easier than now. Anyways, I think it is bit ridiculous to even try comparing old and new generations. New has to learn from the old players to excel, and old has to continue adapting and evolving for the new to excel. imo

DeletedUser

I don't agree with this even though I would consider myself old school, played first world about 3 and half years ago. And recently restarting to play again after 2-3 years of rest.

I don't find that manipulation is something that is predominantly gained from long period of time. I rather find that this is something based on a person's natural skill/ability of writing and speaking that is rooted in real life. A player may have played for 4 years and still have lack of manipulating skills.

And I had also been faced with this...hmmm.. new methods, things that I had never imagined before, such as ms trains/snipe, all those scripts, even the tutorial thing, and etc. But it doesn't mean that old school players can't adapt to new features. :) Though, it could difficult to catch up to the new way of playing (not really), with experience from past I think it should be easy for old school players to quickly adjust to new settings and eventually getting the result that they wanted.

And it does it seem that the game got much more competitive :(. I remember getting in rank much easier than now. Anyways, I think it is bit ridiculous to even try comparing old and new generations. New has to learn from the old players to excel, and old has to continue adapting and evolving for the new to excel. imo

totally agree with you...i can say that its easy to adapt on those new futures..but you need the time and the experiance to learn from your mistakes and avoid them...SO we go for the old school

DeletedUser

Whether you are old or new the people with half a brain are clearly visable :p

DeletedUser

Life was tough for the old back then but we have something that most newer players (more specifically, world-hoppers) lack... Stickitivity... and a little bit of extra knowledge to fall back on when the newer methods fail us, ancient tricks of the trade, so to speak, that you won't find in any new-age guides or tactical teachings. :)

I was a world hopper... still am until W60 :icon_redface:

I hope to have learnt some of the old tricks by then :p

DeletedUser96048

w51 has a small tribe here, players mixed from multiple worlds on w51

DeletedUser

You are sprinter player the most point of you have is in co-playinf with almeida90, because you are a noob..:icon_rolleyes:

Of course I'm noob, and you what is?

In server 20 portuguese:

Me: 1 village and top 4 with 6400P
Top 1,2 and 3 have 2 villages without noble train and have only 1000P more than me. I have 3 noble yet.

Don Emanuel:
Top 5 with 3 villages without NT

Oh, really?

IN NET55

Me:

Ranking
(169.|246 P)

You:

Me: More 60k looted

You: Less 40k looted

Me: TroopWhore

You: MineWhore