[Contest] Good designers ask "Why?"

DeletedUser

Probably. Though people get a lot more active and find a lot of time when deadlines are about to expire (speaking from personal experience). I'll consider this sometime on weekend, when original deadline is a bit closer.

alexanderlegend

Ok,Wut I suggest is just make it long after 18th im very busy,
so i hope u give 4 days extension!and the logo design is sorta tough he has to think deep lol ill try my best to submit mines fast!

DeletedUser

The weekend is also mother day, as such I will be out all day and have no time to work on it that day. Im on a school trip all day and after school today so wont have much time. Tomorow im at a youth group. So at the moment I have 2 days to complete my entry :/ please give us longer.

DeletedUser

OK, the deadline is extended till 20th March, Saturday. I hope that is convenient enough for most people.

-M A R I O-

If anyone would like they could make an entry based around my tribe BORED! i may even donate some pp if its good. ;)

DeletedUser

Haven't seen you in ages. If I remember correctly you moved out of the graphics area for a while due to a load of work projects coming up, right?

Nice to hear from you again.

RW.. Is it even worth my bothering to try? :s

Bwah! Down with modesty! It always is worth to try, especially if it doesn't cost you anything and you may even get paid (considering that we have two tribes in this thread expressing a need for tribal representation done for them + dare I say, a rather generous prize fund).

DeletedUser

Mario, if you skype me and give me a run-down of what you want, I will maybe enter next friday sometime.

I do believe you've got my skype, yes?

deadsocks

I really want to have a go, but I only found out about the contest today, and I won't be able to get online to upload my results for the next week. So I guess I'll just have to wait until next time... there'll be a next time tho right, guys?

*is greeted by a howling wind and the occasional tumbleweed rolling past*

DeletedUser

I was thinkin of doing this, but I don't have much time atm, as vio said :p
I'll whip something up quick :)

DeletedUser

however can i also remark towards the bottom left hand corner ... "credits to" however i can't read the name. This makes me wonder if you actually made the signature or just put the text over it.

I would beleive thats the dude whom drew the picture of the snake in which he used in his Signature :)

That's dude's own made sig, he showed me some of the processes :p

To clear things up and avoind any confusion: Dude contacted me asking wjether or it is acceptable to use the said drawing, to which I replied it if he has a permission from original artist. So I assume he has one and credit line on the work is a part of agreement.

darkaniken2

The winner will be determined by 50% jury vote and 50% public poll.

Wouldn't a public poll be inconclusive since it can be very biased? Also, how does the 50% jury vote work? Will it be converted portionally?

DeletedUser

Wouldn't a public poll be inconclusive since it can be very biased? Also, how does the 50% jury vote work? Will it be converted portionally?

I chose 50-50 system to hopefully minimize the effect of bias. The target audience of any tribal graphic is the forum user, hence a poll is the best way to determine the effect the graphic has.

One the other hand, trusted and competent jury shall evaluate the entries with no personal affections, as well as judge by their personal experience whether each entry would be a successful graphic representation of a tribe long-term. Jury staff is quite diverse, so their opinions should cover the most of the specter of design aspects.

As of technical side of composing the votes, each jury member has a 100% of one vote, which can be spread among the participants as they deem necessary (e.g. 1st place-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%). If the jury member chooses not to assign any specific percentage but simply state their "Top n" list, I'll assign the percents at "n:n-1:...:3:2:1" ratio. Then find the average of all jury members' results and add these values to poll results (percents). Simpler than it sounds.