[Contest] Good designers ask "Why?"

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot, Vio!

Yeah, go vote for the concept you like the best. I'll round up the poll and jury vote on Sunday.

DeletedUser

Why are there two polls? Are people supposed to vote in both, or what?

DeletedUser

Why are there two polls? Are people supposed to vote in both, or what?

I dont understand this either, this way of doing polls is highly unfair and cant possible give you an overall winner because there might be one poll with really good designs and one poll with really bad designs ( there's not but there could be ) and as such it is terribly unfair ...

DeletedUser

That is a bit strange to me as well, as I believe that the number of maximum poll entries is 10, thus it should fit in one poll, even if not everything fits in one post due to character limit (it's 17k characters altogether :icon_eek:).

At first I decided it would still work, as it worked earlier with SOTW polls (vote in one, abstain in other), but if people find the current system unfair, I will ask Vio to try to fit everything in one poll.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
and lot of people will just vote on first.... it is shorter and it load faster because it have just few pictures,so people will vote o first and close second...
crossroads.gif

DeletedUser45021

2 polls because it's a LOT to read and look at, and people tend to get tired after reading a few and just skip the rest etc etc

So I split it up to 2 polls, makes it seem less etc, welcome to Psychology class!

You have one vote, if you don't like any of the thingies then just vote Abstain. Voila.

DeletedUser

2 polls because it's a LOT to read and look at, and people tend to get tired after reading a few and just skip the rest etc etc

So I split it up to 2 polls, makes it seem less etc, welcome to Psychology class!

You have one vote, if you don't like any of the thingies then just vote Abstain. Voila.

just cause its Psychology doesnt make it fair

You didnt explain that we only have one vote, so people will vote in both....

This was done very poorly :/

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score

Vio can take out the double votes cant she?
Can a mod still see who votes for whom? Or perhaps a elder? Masterfire or some of the other wouldnt mind helping in a contest like this :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

If I remember correctly mods don't get to see who voted what on hidden polls. Not sure about elders. It's probably worth dropping by IRC channel later tonight to get to know this. If it was open or even if I had just a list of voters I could sort out the duplicates myself.

If there are serious objections against current poll system and it can't be changed. I'll just drop the public poll half altogether and the results will be decided by jury vote only.

DeletedUser45021

I suggest you shouldn't criticize me when you don't know what you're talking about.

People with double votes will be talked to and will be asked to choose one, I've done this with SOTW contests when there was more than 1 poll needed.

DeletedUser

I suggest you shouldn't criticize me when you don't know what you're talking about.

People with double votes will be talked to and will be asked to choose one, I've done this with SOTW contests when there was more than 1 poll needed.

Just because your a mod doesnt mean im going to treat you any differently to anyone else thats not. You cant honestly think its fair to have 2 seperate polls ?

DeletedUser45021

I don't see myself stating that you should treat me differently.

Tell me how it's any different to one poll? Except for the fact that there's going to be a very big wall of text, and the page will most probably take a while to load for people with decent internet even.

DeletedUser

I will probably monitor the polls every now and then...

They're different from each other since I was trying to find out how to set them up correctly...
[spoil]
1.)
00pollresult1mod.png

------------------------------------------------
2.)
00pollresult2.png
----------------------------------
3.)
00pollresult3.png
[/spoil]

Updated with numbers

Last edited by a moderator:

deadsocks

A friend of mine is viewing the forums on his phone and wanted me to post this for him:
Obviously this voting system won't work. It is probably better to end the polls now and use jury's vote. Nightblade will obviously be 1st place. As for the two runner ups Entry 1 and Entry 7 made their graphics based on tribes that exist, not that I am saying they're cheating, but it is likely that they're using ideas they already had in the pipeline.

DeletedUser45021

What I think is best is that we just let the non-jury members vote (being you guys), and then let the jury members have the last word. It's fair that way, and you guys are making a way too big deal out of this really :p

DeletedUser

At 22:26
[spoil]
00pollresult3.png
[/spoil]
At 23:45
[spoil]
00pollresult4.png
[/spoil]

Within an hour and twenty minutes, the combined votes changed from 31 to a staggering 41! With the graphic section having a record breaking 18 viewers [From what I caught], there is great amount of cheating going on.

Entry/Original Number/Gain
Entry 1 9 +1
Entry 2 2 +1
Entry 3 1 +0
Entry 4 1 +0
Entry 5 0 +0
Entry 6 7 +7
Entry 7 5 +1
Entry 8 1 +0

We make a big deal because we care :)

DeletedUser

Public poll is canceled.

The winner will be determined by jury vote only. That isn't an easy decision, but leaving the poll open creates too much problems and leaves too wide a window for "what if" scenarios. I'm not going to allow to turn this into a Dramafest, so sorry for cutting down the involvement a bit, but it is the best thing to do.

The winners will be announced as soon as I get results from all the judges (rockerdish, h0llygh0st, Violett and me).

My decision is final and will not be changed. Sincerest apologies to anyone who may be disappointed by it.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Within an hour and twenty minutes, the combined votes changed from 31 to a staggering 41! With the graphic section having a record breaking 18 viewers [From what I caught], there is great amount of cheating going on.

We make a big deal because we care :)
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

there is 31 vote from 17:04 to 22:26 (6.2/hour) and 10 in last hour and a half (6.6/hour)... what is wrong with that???