Debate: Mixed first village vs. full offense

mattcurr

i am not one of those pure defense so i have my own reasoning and my own way of doing things
and i never said pure D is bad, did I?

You said 0 outside income which makes it impossible to create a top account with keeping up troop numbers; so yes I feel as though you dont understand how making a defensive account works if you dont understand how they farm so that they can keep up both troopwise and buildings wise.

DeletedUser

of course anyone can farm with any given troop except a few

i was advising that particular person who wanted to know what was best for him and its quite obvious that he is not among the selected few who can destroy enemy villages with all defense and kill a full nuke with all offense :p

but anyways i guess its not right to ruin a good going thread with personal debate so lets say we both are right in our own styles and way of thinking or i am wrong if that helps :)

Garrock

of course anyone can farm with any given troop except a few

i was advising that particular person who wanted to know what was best for him and its quite obvious that he is not among the selected few who can destroy enemy villages with all defense and kill a full nuke with all offense :p

but anyways i guess its not right to ruin a good going thread with personal debate so lets say we both are right in our own styles and way of thinking or i am wrong if that helps :)

Now you have me pegged wrong Agent. I am full offense, and prefer to use my offense and backtiming as my primary defense. I merely got into a discussion with a few in the tribe about the merits of each strategy, and decided to bring it here for a world wide viewpoint of it.

A family tribe has declared war on me (solely) and yet, still I am not building significant defenses, and clearing them out. Granted, they are mostly quite noobish, and can be defended, and cleared in my sleep. I have had a couple of exchanges with some decent players from this tribe though, and still don't find a need to add to my defenses. Hense the discussion, and hopefully some strategical insight into a different way of start-up!

Lethal Legend

For me full offence is far more fun and effective 99% of the time 75% of the time.

I guess it depends how often you are going to be on; back timing as your means of defence only really works super effectively if you or your account watcher/sitter/co-player is likely to be on to tag incoming well.

There is always the risk of getting over whelmed by noobs however the clearing power and farming seal the deal in my eyes. While more sensible to have a moderate defence until local players have cats I often have not bothered with swords as that was Iron that could have gone to light horsies. If I had money riding on being around in a month on a new world probably would go for limited 250-500sp/sw defence, if just fun as usaully is then pure O.

Who does not like a big O???

DeletedUser

:icon_rolleyes:​

First and foremost let me argue some points:

O players start quicker then D players is FALSE, a D player on UK3, was 5th (I think) to Farm 30. 700 axes + 700 LC was the max O i think.

Most great start up players do mostly offence is TRUE. An O player is more independent and that's the main reason this happens. HOWEVER starting Full O is an enormous gamble. Please notice if ANYTHING goes wrong these players quit and start a new world. The lucky occupy top of the rankings.

A Full O player is totally defenceless if massed by many small O's with cats (eg: by a family tribe), and becomes a burden to the tribe. This should not happen to ANY good player.

DeletedUser

I've just recently been thinking about start up strategies and from the experience and logic I've come to the conclusion that all that really matters is...... LC - and lots of it. If you can put a (semi)-constant shower on the barbs in a good radius, you have a win right there.

As for O vs. Mixed, it depends on your activity and type of neighbors. It cant be defined as "O is better", cause its just not that simple.

Lethal Legend

700 axes + 700 LC was the max O i think.

For my own interest how when in your start up would those have been grown?
Do you build a bit of each as you go along get to 700axe and LC then just carry on with D or start more O based with axe to clear the way for the 700LC then once farming efficiently build defence?

DeletedUser

Sorry for double post, but I must say I agree 100% with Envisionise. Very well put :)

DeletedUser

Now you have me pegged wrong Agent. I am full offense, and prefer to use my offense and backtiming as my primary defense. I merely got into a discussion with a few in the tribe about the merits of each strategy, and decided to bring it here for a world wide viewpoint of it.

A family tribe has declared war on me (solely) and yet, still I am not building significant defenses, and clearing them out. Granted, they are mostly quite noobish, and can be defended, and cleared in my sleep. I have had a couple of exchanges with some decent players from this tribe though, and still don't find a need to add to my defenses. Hense the discussion, and hopefully some strategical insight into a different way of start-up!

ah appologies than

but i would just give one piece and thats stick with your own style and develop it with time as you learn new tactics and skills
trying to copy others only hurts you in the long run

so if you think yours is fine than just have faith in it and do your best :)

DeletedUser

Always full O with some Spears and swords, just enough to defend yourself from Spears/Sword nukes.

Other than that Full O villages are handy for farming, if u have a mixed village it wont be as easy to farm because your troop build would look something like this

500sp
400axe
300sw
50scouts
100 LC

and thats normally at around 750 points. (Before anyone says thats good... It isnt :icon_rolleyes:)

I'm around 750 points but that's not my troop count :icon_cry: How did you get that? I only have ***sp, ***axe, 25scouts and 350 LC. :lol:

DeletedUser

For my own interest how when in your start up would those have been grown?
Do you build a bit of each as you go along get to 700axe and LC then just carry on with D or start more O based with axe to clear the way for the 700LC then once farming efficiently build defence?

As far as I am aware, it was built first, axes in a 3:1 to spears till 700, and LC's before rushing smithy for HCs

DeletedUser

I would love to see you say that if you have 10 incoming long range attacks, each consisting of 400 axes and 100 LC + 50 cats, because you farmed a duke of some tribe, or simply because you are #1 player or #1 duke, or someone who the noobs think it's cool to suicide at. :icon_razz:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The point has been made even though at the start up. Maybe more so in a pre made (as most fail wonder why) every player needs to make some D I look at it as something I will never use but it is for the good of the tribe.

I made sure evryone in my first tribe on W21 had at least 1K sp / H/Cav or SW for this.
When I started with Hate we also did the same, Open Eye W16 hippos also used that policy.

Also as its a tribe game its nice to have a back up of a few pure D yes they have farmers that are killed off over time / farm space but it does help the growth of the tribe. In the long run.

DeletedUser

Oh and I dismiss using pure offense because it is a purely player based strategy it forgets about the tribal level of game play. To be honest I would kick out any member of a tribe I ran that did not make defense, no matter who they were.

Offense is/can be a very effective means of defense, so i wouldn't brand offensive players as selfish or whatever it is you're getting at.

I've only just joined a tribe, so up until now, I haven't needed any defense. My last tribe 'Pet' wasn't a real tribe, my account is active enough and my area isn't particularly aggressive, are reasons why I had no defense barring the initial 50-80 spears for farming.

DeletedUser

for myself going full offensive is the only way to go. I need to be able to constantly farm 24/7 and have my 23x23 cleared in about a week. However if Im not active then my playing is just slowed down, not my troop building.

Michael Corleone.

go for full offense only if you never sleep.
No, just no. There is a method to this madness. You cannot go full offense, but you cannot have a mixed village with like 3K Axe, 3K Spears or so, you get my point there. You do need some kind of defense, I usually go mostly offense with some defense, that being Heavy Calvary.