Debate: Mixed first village vs. full offense

DeletedUser

No, just no. There is a method to this madness. You cannot go full offense, but you cannot have a mixed village with like 3K Axe, 3K Spears or so, you get my point there. You do need some kind of defense, I usually go mostly offense with some defense, that being Heavy Calvary.

thats your opinion
one can go full offense and i have seen people do just well without a single defensive troop
its about tactics and way of doing things as i said earlier and obviously we all have our own styles unless we like to be copiers

but yeah you have to be around 24/7 to handle out a full offense and not end up with the beautiful ladies on the rims

mattcurr

thats your opinion
one can go full offense and i have seen people do just well without a single defensive troop
its about tactics and way of doing things as i said earlier and obviously we all have our own styles unless we like to be copiers

but yeah you have to be around 24/7 to handle out a full offense and not end up with the beautiful ladies on the rims

Which leads me to the thread I was going to make soon, the lack of understanding that people have of the tribal level of play.

DeletedUser

when my O village clears a mixed village, i think to myself.

Defense is so useless.

DeletedUser

Going full offense, no matter how active you are, means you are taking a much larger risk for practically the same benefit as keeping a minimal defensive force around. All it takes is one small mistake and you can be royally screwed. And before you tell me that you are a super player who doesn't make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes, or gets caught in a situation you can't win, once in awhile, no matter how good you are.

Let me give you an analogy. Look at most of the aces from WWI and WWII. Aggressive, dominating, these are the traits they displayed, and it kept them alive through countless dogfights. Yet, you know how most of them died? In dogfights. Even the Red Baron, a man responsible for the emergence of countless tactics for dogfighting, and thought invincible by people on both sides of the war, died in a dogfight. You know why? He made one little mistake, and paid for it with his life, like countless other pilots.

So, think of the minimal defense as a parachute. It might not even keep you alive completely, but you sure as hell have a better chance of reaching ther ground safely should you make a mistake that is exploited by someone else.

DeletedUser

the biggest problem with a mixed start, i will be building all my troops from one place, the barracks. sps, sws, and axes.

i will have no D power in time, no clearing power, and my troop count will be much lower.

that's why u use full O.... HC!!!! D all the time ;)

DeletedUser

Shouldn't you be building LC, even if you are going full O? :icon_eek:

:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

They post like this in thier forums:

Halllpppppp, I iz under atttaaaaackkkkkkk!!!!!!11!!1!!11oneone11!!

DeletedUser

Suiciding troops is the stupidest thing ever. :icon_neutral:

So what happens to you full offense guys when you get backtimed? :lol:

after i max out farm.... duh :icon_rolleyes:

and we just sit an go.... wow.... that guys isn't that much of a noob

frostyfingers

early game = offensive ftw...

why?

you have no threat of nobles or rams until later on...and those with defense will grow much slower than those on the offensive...

I tend to make about 1000 spears at start just to defend from early sp/sw attacks, but then its about 100 scouts to constantly survey your neighbors and all out axes and light cavalry until nobles arrive...

once nobles arrive then try to get 2-3 villages offensive before making 10k sword/10k spear villages for catching other players' nobles...

DeletedUser

early game = offensive ftw...

why?

you have no threat of nobles or rams until later on...and those with defense will grow much slower than those on the offensive...

I tend to make about 1000 spears at start just to defend from early sp/sw attacks, but then its about 100 scouts to constantly survey your neighbors and all out axes and light cavalry until nobles arrive...

once nobles arrive then try to get 2-3 villages offensive before making 10k sword/10k spear villages for catching other players' nobles...

So, basically you are advocating a mixed village. :icon_wink:

mattcurr

False there are many top ranked players who play pure defensively
That strategy seems very flawed:icon_neutral:

Starting with sw/sp defense is not a very smart move in my opinion cant get them built quickly enough and farming is still every important.

frostyfingers

top ranked in early world rankings? i don't think so, I specifically said early game not later game...and building spears early on is not flawed its basic...anyone who skips right to lc or axes is asking to become a farm to those who start farming with spears early on...

besides, instead of being a typical republican, try giving ideas not just bashing other's strategies....

frostyfingers

try reading a post fully and not criticizing piece by piece, you will learn more and look less of an idiot for it...

frostyfingers

lol sorry but I cannot stand when a poster just bashes without giving an idea themselves, they are just spamming at that point IMO

DeletedUser

it is a first village so it does make sense to go offense so you can migrate around and find a nice location to settle down then defense