Favorite Books

DeletedUser

I'm not much of a reader but the books i have read are The Rats, Lair and Domain by James Herbert and Rise Of The Foot Soldier by Carlton Leach.

DeletedUser

I found Speak was a good book if you like the idea of girl type of books. (I'm not picky myself)

DeletedUser

i have started readin jeffery deaver :) some qite good books in his series :) bone collecter a good read.. not bad film either

DeletedUser

My sister also enjoys Den something I can't spell his alst name he writes horror books.

DeletedUser

I read mostly scifi books and some fantasy.

Stuff that's been mentioned on this thread before that I've read:

Twilight: First two (Twilight and New Moon) stank horibbly. Last two (Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) actually decent. Series 2/5.
Eragon: Read them all to date. At their best when slash-boom action, and the last 75-ish pages of Brisingr- brilliant. 3/5
Agatha Christie's stuff is classic (best selling author of all time- hey, who knew that?).5/5
The Ender novels: Best scifi that doesn't involve the fate of the universe or massive body counts.4/5
A few personal favorites:
Dead Beat (Jim Butcher), Best Harry Dresden novel, absolutely hilarious, and very good plot.
American Gods (Neil Gaiman), If you're under 21 do not read this, very adult, and maybe the best novel I've read in a very long time.

DeletedUser

I read mostly scifi books and some fantasy.

Stuff that's been mentioned on this thread before that I've read:

Twilight: First two (Twilight and New Moon) stank horibbly. Last two (Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) actually decent. Series 2/5.
Eragon: Read them all to date. At their best when slash-boom action, and the last 75-ish pages of Brisingr- brilliant. 3/5
Agatha Christie's stuff is classic (best selling author of all time- hey, who knew that?).5/5
The Ender novels: Best scifi that doesn't involve the fate of the universe or massive body counts.4/5
A few personal favorites:
Dead Beat (Jim Butcher), Best Harry Dresden novel, absolutely hilarious, and very good plot.
American Gods (Neil Gaiman), If you're under 21 do not read this, very adult, and maybe the best novel I've read in a very long time.

I only liked Twilight for Ness.

DeletedUser

So here my 2 cents worth:
twilight - waste of time. Can't believe I read that junk.
eragon - good, last book brisinger a bit slow (do we really need to know all that stuff about making swords?)
Inheart - good, Inspell - excellent, Indeath - ok, a bit too much angst and ending wasn't great

I really liked the Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

DeletedUser

I liked Inkheart never got to read the others. The other one about the sword in Eragon I believe it was to show all there is to show about the dragons riders sword but I'm not the book writier.

DeletedUser

Paolini has a tendency to write himself into a corner. The whole thing with the swordmaking was because he'd had the elf that made the swords pledge never to make any more and he needed a way around it. The rest of Brisingr showed some amatuerish idiocy (Roran killing 200 bad guys), and flashes of mature work (the desert conversation with Arya and the last 50-75 pages).

DeletedUser

He still came out alot better than Twilight and Harry Potter in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Thank you and don't worry I'm a expert at going off topic so I don't mind ^^ Though to explain my name and pic as a role player my charas name is Silver his main form is a flying wolf with golden wings and bright silver and hazel mixed eyes. That also explains my sig Silver Flying Wolf, 12 is my lucky number.

DeletedUser

Cool but I already had the idea as you've had me make you a sig before too.:icon_smile:

DeletedUser

This one was done by jubel I figured it was time i made something more about myself than my tribe since it is better to represent myself in the externals.