Favorite Books

DeletedUser

I just finished reading Gene Wolfe's 'Book of the New Sun.' anyone else read it and any thoughts?
I ran across it on some list of classic fantasy novels. It's set millions of years in the future in a really weird 'Urth'. One problem with it is the storytelling is a bit odd, lots of things just sort of happen for reasons not at first apparent. The first two volumes, Shadow of the Torturer and Claw of the Conciliator, are packaged together as 'Shadow and Claw.'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've never actually heard of but now i have to go look it up lol.

DeletedUser

By the way if you like games, some books out there make a good representation of a game even better in my opinion like Halo.

DeletedUser

I read the Halo novel 'Fall of Reach' or something like that. Considering what the source material was, the author did a great job. Anyone ever read Cory Doctorow's 'Little Brother?' Great book that's part political commentary, part tech lesson, and part spy story.

DeletedUser

Inheritence series (Eragon)

Harry Potter was pretty good.

I liked the hobbit.

Of mice and men is ok.

There's a few others

DeletedUser

If you want a good Halo book try Ghost of Onyx and it is okay about my step mom she is dealing with the problem but so far her breathing hasn't changed she is at home at least.