Feedback Game Updates

mellofax

Reaction score
Update to version 8.193

Hello everyone!

Our new update will be released on Monday 2nd December 2019 and it will contain the following additions and changes:

Changes and Improvements

Quick Commands: Troop Templates

We added a new, quick way to select your favourite troop templates for any attack or support actions. While on a Premium Account, you will now have an additional field on your map sidebar: The Quick Commands selection. You can easily choose between one of the templates you already set up, decide if you want to attack or support another player and send out your troops with almost a single click!

- Select your troop template in the Quick Commands drop down menu directly on the map screen's sidebar
- Select your plans for this template - Attack or Support
- The cursor will change and you can immediately click on any village you want to attack or support
- It is also possible to select multiple villages without changing the order. All given orders will be executed immediately with the selected template.
- If you deselect an option on the Quick Commands menu or leave/reload the map screen, your cursor will return to normal.

The regular troop template menus are not affected by this feature, and can also be used exactly like before.

Report village names

Just like player profiles and private messages, village names can now be reported to the support team, when an inappropriate village name is spotted.

- The Report village name option will be found on the village info screen of any player-owned village.

Feedback

If you want to share your feedback with us, you can do so in this thread, or on our Discord channel!

Your Tribal Wars Team

Last edited:

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
"We added a new, quick way to select your favourite troop templates for any attack or support actions. While on a Premium Account, you will now have an additional field on your map sidebar: The Quick Commands selection. "

WHERE IS THIS!???? I am blind and I can't find it.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
"We added a new, quick way to select your favourite troop templates for any attack or support actions. While on a Premium Account, you will now have an additional field on your map sidebar: The Quick Commands selection. "

WHERE IS THIS!???? I am blind and I can't find it.

Maybe you haven't seen the update date yet? (also check the announcement page again, as it got delayed :( )

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Not been on much the last couple of years.
I still like the game very much & wish I had the time I had way back.
Some of you may remember the days when it was one player per account with very little sitting apart from when on holiday.
You had to do all this with level 25 markets to move resources around to make nobles use bookmarks for farming, go to each village to build & recruit which did not leave much time to grow. Mind you we also did not have an end game option back then.

I had to check the post was not on April 1st about sending delayed support it was not.

I think it does have a place in the game new players & poorly run tribes may still find it hard to grow even with such a feature as for the more experienced player it is just another tactic that has to be overcome. Why do worlds have to end so quickly? Why do we always get coin worlds that promote that quick growth?
Why not start adding features that even things out & remove the need for 24/7 play in this game? Get back to one account one player.

As an active skillful player who I hope enjoys the game don't you feel you should have a responsibility to promote the game & try to encourage more new players to stick it out for longer such a feature as this may help that happen.

If you have skill then wars can be fought ops will be planned & villages will be taken just as before however if you just have activity & PP then you may not fair so well beating up the little guy who has a tribe of willing players by their side.

Do not forget that defensive troops take longer to recruit in relation to the same strength in attacking troops so unsure how this does not start to even things up.

I'm sure we have had worlds where you could only recruit 1 noble per village at a time.
We could also make it a no out of tribe support world.
Just because it would change some tactics in a world does not mean its a bad idea.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
The quick commands thing doesnt seem to like troop templates having a negative modifier.

I.E i want to use it to dodge out troops but leave 10 scouts/cats behind or whatever. When i do this the normal way it works fine obviously but when i use the new feature i get a "negative unit error"and fails to do anything

@JawJaw

DeletedUser121091

Once you have a sniped a train manually, it is a pretty good feeling. The first train I sniped, I had pen and paper out, probably took about 2 or 3 hours to get the support landing inside the train. Bear in mind I am in Australia so lag makes it harder. Definitely a sense of achievement. I am talking here where I had only 1 village and performed the snipe (cancel snipe etc). I realise this patch is referring to snipes coming as support from other villages.

Based on this, I do get why experienced players don't want an auto snipe feature. The sense of achievement would indeed lessen. Note that manual cancel snipes would still remain effective for noble trains launched from close range.

However, at the end of the day, I am not sure this game can survive purely based on veteran players enjoying manual snipes, fake trains (using old browsers) and external tools etc. Yes, this is cool when everyone uses these skills/tools but fact is in 2019, they are not. New players do not have the time or patience to equip themselves with the above mentioned skills/tools. Of course this was always the case but with a much lower player base and higher proportion of veteran players, the issue of under-skilled new players has been magnified. And new players are needed to keep the game alive.

Personally, I am not against the idea of making sniping trains less time intensive. Usually after a few weeks, real life calls me and coming into the game for an hour or more to snipe trains isn't practical. If I knew I could deal with the trains faster, I would no doubt stay active in worlds for longer.

At the end of the day, a train needs to be sniped. If a train is 72 hours away, most players will snipe that train regardless but I would rather it take less time to do so. If you only have a couple of villages, there is quite a lot of planning and waiting involved and then only 2 or 3 attempts to execute the snipe (excluding cancel snipes). It can be frustrating if you know how to snipe technically and tactically (amount of troops required etc) but fail to execute because of lag etc.

A delayed support feature does also make it fairer for players with less villages as they have less chances at executing the snipe.

Also remember in 2015, the official update that allowed the sending of fast noble trains. That was because some players were using external tools to send fast trains. So it was decided to level the playing field and allow all to send fast trains. Such external tools can also be used to snipe trains (support trains etc). So it makes sense 4 years later to now level the playing field for the defender. Right now a new player can send a fast noble train in one click yet a new player has to resort to support snipes and cancel snipes that are far more time intensive to execute.

I can understand why some veteran players would be against this feature as they have no doubt invested time and effort into creating the skills/tools advantage they have. However, maybe I have offered some food for thought ;) I personally am not against it. Maybe a compromise needs to be reached but something needs to be done to make less experienced players more effective in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser121091

Additionally, the delay of support now makes it to where the player doesn't even need to be sitting in front of the computer during launch time

I don't believe this is correct.

The proposed update has a 5 minute max delay for the support.

You can have the support arrive to the exact ms to execute the snipe. However, the defender can only chose an exact time that is no more than 5 minutes more than the time the support would have normally landed (without the delayed feature).

So the defender needs to be just as active, just has a much higher chance of executing the snipe.

Meanwhile the attacker probably sent the train hours ago and is probably fast asleep during all of this :)

mellofax

Reaction score
Update to version 8.193

Hello everyone,

Our new update will be released on [INSERT DATE HERE] and it will contain the following additions and changes:

Changes and Improvements

Attack of the Horde

The "Attack of the Horde" event will start on January 16! Gather your troops and get ready to breach the horde's front lines with logic and cleverness!

Report details and search

The format of attack reports will be changed to now contain coordinates and continent number. This should make searching for reports easier, since you no longer need to know the enemies' village name.

Removel of the Scavenging Overview Link

Just a tiny one: The info link on the Scavenging window forwarding to Mass Scavenging ("The Scavenging Overview functionality has moved to Mass Scavenging") will be removed. Of course all functionality will be unaffected.

Mentoring achievement change

The requirements for the Mentoring achievement (aka the number of apprentices needed) has been lowered. We noticed this achievement to be quite unattractive and hard to get, especially on worlds with less player counts, so it should now be much easier to finish. The new requirements will be calculated on all existing accounts as well, and all eligable accounts will be awarded the Mentoring achievement if they match the new requirements.

Information: Xenforo Update

Due to an update of the forum, some User accounts might get a personal message regarding their account. This should only affect users with forum accounts differing from their ingame account, multiple accounts or similar. If you get a PM, please contact our Support team as the message says and confirm your current account. Please be aware these messages will be sent out over the coming days, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Feedback

If you have any feedback for us, please let us know in this thread. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Your Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser122473

Removel of the Scavenging Overview Link

Just a tiny one: The info link on the Scavenging window forwarding to Mass Scavenging ("The Scavenging Overview functionality has moved to Mass Scavenging") will be removed. Of course all functionality will be unaffected.

Yes, you've removed it from the overviews, but it's still in the overview dropdown menu :)

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Why did this update change the troop manager under Accountmanager???

803fab12a5f649c5228037e7a2f57f77.png

it used to look like this: (which I prefer strongly)
3a383dea9601d224146ccff115904c7b.png

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Glad you like it @SergeantCrunsh !

Since this is done with churches, can we see a potential update for WT? (preview on map) :eek: They really expensive to build just to have em in a bad spot ^^

Also feedback for 8.188 with effect templates in simulator, would be good to "combine" templates in simulator (eg a template 30% Axe+LC, offpaladin buffs, with a template with 15% Axe + LC, golden attackboost).

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Not sure when the War-Stats filter overlay was changed, but reset button doesnt reset dates like it used to do... (making that reset button pretty much worthless)

23ed0734d4dfbce0a7dd54a94882ae58.png

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Update to version 8.200

Hello, Tribals!

Our new update will be released on Monday, march 16th and it will contain the following additions and changes:

Changes and Improvements

Enter multiple coordinates at once

When entering coordinates into your highlight groups for the map screen, it will now be possible to add multiple, different village coordinates at once.
You will find a new "Add multiple" button right next to the "Add" button within the Group Info screen.
View attachment 3752

The visuals of the menus have also been improved and look a lot better than before

Feedback

If you want to share your feedback with us, you can do so in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team

Reaction score
Recent changes to the flag screen, for changing flags now make you confirm at the bottom of the screen. The screen layout is inconvenient for lap top users as the position of the confirmation is too low, so you have to scroll down on each screen just to locate it before being able to click it.

Consider moving the confirmation box to above the current flag. Perhaps near the time display when you can’t yet change the flag.