Feedback Game Updates

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am sorry, I have been retired from the game and only now coming back after 7 years...I almost feel like the last 5 pages of forum I have read is a serious heavy bit of trolling if it were not for the fact I recognize a few names of players that would not troll an update. Does anyone have an image of what it looked like on their screen now and before the update? Because this is looks like a more crisp version of the classic map which is what I am used to.

To me the size distinctions are great I just do not like how FILLED in the villages are on the map and feel on the 3k+ villages they have to many buildings inside the village icon.

hayir

Reaction score
Is this real life? This map is absolutely aggravating on the eyes, getting literal headaches while scanning map, is there gonna be a "lesser version" at least? cause not gonna lie, at this point I'd take no map over this map lol
yes I'm at that point too for real. like I don't like this map and I have played this game 10+ years now.

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
This comes from a mail sent out just hours after the update.
This is not only great news for new and mobile players, also Tribal Wars veterans will be especially happy

What puzzles me is how it is great news for new players?
How do they know what their opinion is in advance when they can't have been consulted, as if they were they wouldn't be new, they would be existing players.
How is it good news for mobile players, as looking at the app the map shows no change.
What is the definition of "especially", as there seem to be a large number of veterans here who are not happy.

I've barely been on these forums before, but this map update was that bad I just had to.

Aliesh

Reaction score
Someone can explain me why this is an upgrade?
And why veterans and "newbies" be happy?
Cuz i don't understand, but this mapchange is terrible, without choice.
Before this "upgrade" we knew choice old mapview or new mapview but now automatticaly old with a bit upgrade like nothing.
My eyes burn.
Gimme back the "old"(new..)mapview or make a choice.
And asap..

Last edited:

vndhl

Reaction score
My eyes hurt from this map grafic ...if you don't drop this one ,at least put back the option that allows me to change it from the new one to the old one ....I'm really thinking if I will continue to play this game or not .

metsuke

Reaction score
I see no advantage to use crown/circle for highlighting the current village. Take back the white circle, please.
It”s not better for small villages to have the upper wood piece more pronounced, take it back please. I”m ok with the stronger border at the villages/more clear border.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
yes it's a more noticeable change, but a big part of why it was done from what the announcement said was to improve functionality and accessibility for players using mobile

I don't understand why this update is being said to be for mobile players. My mobile map looks exactly the same way it did before the update was done. There is literally no change. The only change from this update has been to the map when I'm playing from my computer. I also don't understand why Inno would take away the option to chose which map style you prefer for your map graphics. A lot of the people who used the "classic" map graphics before either like or don't care either way about the new graphics. Great, I'm glad that they have better graphics. What I don't understand, is why those of us who did not prefer the "classic" graphics before are now being forced to use the new "classic" map graphics. We were just fine before the update in having both options available to players and letting them choose which they prefer. So why after this update can Inno no longer allow that same choice?

@JawJaw I think its a little hypocritical to always be saying that game feedback belong on the forums, etc, and not on the Official TW Discord, yet we've now gone 4 pages worth of feedback so far and been totally ignored by the games devs/mods, as far as we know. Can we as the tw community at least get some form of clarification about why the new map update was done, supposedly for mobile players yet my mobile map remains unchanged, only my comp map, and most importantly why this map graphics update needed to come with getting rid of the option to choose ones map graphics?

I"m not advocating for the reversal of the map graphics game update that I know some people in the community like and enjoy. I simply would like to have the option brought back to be able to choose my map graphics so that I can use the map graphics that best suit me, and everyone else can use the map graphics that best suit them. If you really want to have decent game feedback about the recent map update, then the community needs to be given more information about why it came about. As right now it just seems like a great "f*ck you" to the player community that used to use the "non-classic" map graphics, which as we can see from the past posts in this thread was not an insignificant part of the community.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't understand why this update is being said to be for mobile players. My mobile map looks exactly the same way it did before the update was done. There is literally no change.

See here. It's still being rolled out for Android users.

I think its a little hypocritical to always be saying that game feedback belong on the forums, etc, and not on the Official TW Discord, yet we've now gone 4 pages worth of feedback so far and been totally ignored by the games devs/mods, as far as we know.

Mods are players like everybody else - it's the developers who you would be wanting to see this. And I do believe they check the forums for feedback, suggestions etc as that is where quite a lot of improvements do seem to come from. Discord - fairly obvious why that's not a great place to share your opinions if you want it to be read by the people who make the decisions, because it's not 'recorded' in an easily accessible way. The forum is :)

Last edited: