First Noble

• Thread starter The Cookie Monster.
  • Start date

Woodlandapple

oh, so first enoblement was a gift :lol: just forgot he doesn't have troops to noble someone on his own.. :lol:

Nope, just means he has more troops left over to clear his 3rd village :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

yeah with his farm ~18 level it's recommended not to lose any troops. :lol:

18...where did you pull that from?
I doubt anyone top 20, or even top 40-50 for that matter has farm <21

DeletedUser

18...where did you pull that from?
I doubt anyone top 20, or even top 40-50 for that matter has farm <21
it was sarcasm. anyway, i doubt he has farm lvl 22+ full now (I'm not talking about 2 weeks ques with his barracks 5 stable 3 :lol:)

DeletedUser

Well, papoomio w45 got his village.
a nice sized 1232 pointer.
Some stats:
By far, not the largest in his 45*45 (a good ennoblement range)
Within his 15*15, so farming problems possibly?
6.4 tile distance, meaning that it took 256 minutes 1 way (512 both by noble), this equals about 8.5 hours per trip, both ways. All in all, it took about 34 hours of constant noble movement to take the village.
Thoughts?

If you think he only had one noble how on earth do you suppose he was going to look at something in his 45x45? I haven't checked through everyone to see if anyone else has an academy but last time I checked there were 3 nobles on the world. Factor in that he isn't going to have more than 1.5k axes and 1k lc, nobling that far out on 3 nobles is more than a bit of a risk and on 1 noble is just a daft thing to suggest, doesn't take too much def to kill some little nuke like this. So to go for something closer, safer would make sense - that it was a free village is a bonus.

Farming isn't too much of a concern here there are resources to burn enough for two villages, more even. Some extra barracks close to home is nice, all can matter now on time to academy at new village, pump some barracks at first village and rush for a train, without seeing the build at the new village it is hard to see whether this was the right choice or not. Hard to believe it would have been taken if it wasn't a good candidate for a second academy, freebie or not, so I would guess this is going to work out.

DeletedUser

Aw now someone got a village, about time. but gl :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

If you think he only had one noble how on earth do you suppose he was going to look at something in his 45x45? I haven't checked through everyone to see if anyone else has an academy but last time I checked there were 3 nobles on the world. Factor in that he isn't going to have more than 1.5k axes and 1k lc, nobling that far out on 3 nobles is more than a bit of a risk and on 1 noble is just a daft thing to suggest, doesn't take too much def to kill some little nuke like this. So to go for something closer, safer would make sense - that it was a free village is a bonus.

Farming isn't too much of a concern here there are resources to burn enough for two villages, more even. Some extra barracks close to home is nice, all can matter now on time to academy at new village, pump some barracks at first village and rush for a train, without seeing the build at the new village it is hard to see whether this was the right choice or not. Hard to believe it would have been taken if it wasn't a good candidate for a second academy, freebie or not, so I would guess this is going to work out.

The vill was gifted...

DeletedUser

all can matter now on time to academy at new village, pump some barracks at first village and rush for a train, without seeing the build at the new village it is hard to see whether this was the right choice or not. Hard to believe it would have been taken if it wasn't a good candidate for a second academy, freebie or not, so I would guess this is going to work out.
Why cant he co-train for his third village and get a larger one?

DeletedUser

The vill was gifted...

And which bit of the two parts in my post where I mentioned that did you not read?

He can cotrain yes.... but with who? Nearest R4ki is not so big, maybe he can make another friend.

DeletedUser

And which bit of the two parts in my post where I mentioned that did you not read?

He can cotrain yes.... but with who? Nearest R4ki is not so big, maybe he can make another friend.

oh :D...reread...must have missed the implied part where you said that.

DeletedUser

it was sarcasm. anyway, i doubt he has farm lvl 22+ full now (I'm not talking about 2 weeks ques with his barracks 5 stable 3 :lol:)

You are right my farm is not full at 22, but it is getting close to full at above 22. My barracks and stables have been higher then that for a long time....

Tanks for the love AR

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This suddenly makes me feel very far behind

Yes and no. For myself I have chosen to wait with nobles.. but I guess he could have done right. Though he miss out on some growth ,, if he has no treatment nearby I guess his choice was good. But then again, if you choose a tactic like this you can never be sure in the beginning. Well worked out for him so /care good job.

DeletedUser

Congratz on your first village :)

People should need to stop hating and focus on building their smithy than an academy :)

DeletedUser

I'd be happy to bet on that. I'd also bet that in a week that people waiting until later to noble will start to fall behind, and likely stay behind.

the latter part i disagree with, i dont think you have taken into account potential troop losses etc

but hey, we will see what happens

DeletedUser

Anyone who has ever watched PAP play will know that he's a nobling demon. He's well accustomed to the settings and after he gets going will not drop below rank 5. It will be interesting to see though

DeletedUser15106

I think it wasn't a bad idea :p

If no-one else nearby is close to a noble, then that means for the near future he has 2x the barracks/stables able to pump out troops. He can also build the 2nd village up to academy far quicker than anyone near him is likely to.

With farming being so fruitful at this speed/unit speed, and everyone's villages being flooded with resources, a little bit of farming means neither village needs to suffer in terms of troops/building queues, and both can be built up as fast as they can possibly go, which appears to be much quicker than villages nearby are currently being grown. And with farming being so very fruitful, nobling inside your 13x13 is no real hindrance either.

The only thing I would say is the previous comments about focusing on barracks/stables are correct, but then troop count is relative to the troop counts of players around you... if you have no threats, then troop production can afford to be a tad slower (which is why you see a lot of rim players push HQ initially, playing for fast growth rather than faster troops).

There is also the issue of smithy level in a much lower-point village. In a packet world, smithy level is fairly important when nobling a scond village, and I'd argue that this is even more important when nobles cost 1 packet each! In a world with 1-packet nobles, noble cost is not going to be the thing that holds player back, it's the number of academy levels / nukes that will. Nobling a village with low smithy will potentially set you back for a long time, but with nobling so early, this can be accounted for and adjusted to stay ahead of the game, if the initial level wasn't too horrible, compared to what it could be projected at if he saved nobling till later :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

^ Agree

Its down to opinions and personal preferences here. There's no right or wrong way to go about this, it's down to the individual to make their decision based on the current situation they're in and what opportunities present themselves.
Pap is more than capable of handling himself, whatever he chooses to do.