Hypothetical Wars

DeletedUser

No i think its more like rodrik told you to shut your trap.

No Rodrik actually has not been on skype much recently to tell me to shut my mouth. I think he had some odd computer problem but if you wish I will stop talking about Bored.

Thank you FRST for not nobling it yet!

DeletedUser

Do not worry gen mac ill take it off your hands, seems you dont want to keep it anyways.

why do you have a random village here anyways? your main area is like 3 continents away :S

DeletedUser

Do not worry gen mac ill take it off your hands, seems you dont want to keep it anyways.

why do you have a random village here anyways? your main area is like 3 continents away :S

Well my friend was there and on the last world I played I had a village on each corner of the map. Don't know why but I felt like it lol

DeletedUser

Well my friend was there and on the last world I played I had a village on each corner of the map. Don't know why but I felt like it lol

hmm..that will be a nice strategy. Get 4 villas in the four corners of the world and then start nobling towards the core. that way, no player/tribe can escape you :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

hmm..that will be a nice strategy. Get 4 villas in the four corners of the world and then start nobling towards the core. that way, no player/tribe can escape you :icon_twisted:

Actually it was just to have a lot of farming space for coins.

DeletedUser

Choose your own war hypothetical

OK, I’ll start this off, but there is much speculation that a Top 10 war or a World War would spice up W43.

Context

[spoil]FRST has been doing a lot of nobling southward. While the K65 activity is consistent with the war on CoD, in the recent period that I analyzed, they nobled 33% into K64 and only 20% of targets were CoD in K65. This puts them on a collision course with NgW and they already have a wedge of space in K74 which could carve off the eastern edge of NgW from the rest of the tribe and let FRST sweep it all up as part of their CoD conflict.

FRST also have a few villages “behind the lines” of NgW.

If FRST are going after CoD they are not giving it their full attention (or the tribe is not very disciplined) or they seem to have a secondary plan running as well which *might* be a southward expansion, a wedge into NgW and gobbling up some of NgW as well.

It probably make sense that if you need to be in conflict as a Top 5 tribe that you try not to take on one of the Top 3, but look more at say 11 or 6, which would be CoD and NgW respectively.

There is lots of talk in the forums about CoD and ICARUS merging and that this was supposedly in train before the FRST vs. CoD conflict started. There may be “behind the scenes” discussions about this and this might be why FRST are more active on K64 than on CoD. It might be their Plan B in operation – “Southward Ho – towards NgW we go”.

For their part NgW seem to also be nobling in K64 so they are not shying away from going head-to-head with FRST’s southern expansion as they race them to pick up the rest of the good K64 villages and strengthen their holdings in neighboring continents.

NgW’s recent recruiting has not been in front line areas, but they have acquired some decent sized players who might be defense factories and are pumping troops into a hypothetical front line that might be the west and south of K64 (against NgW). The east of K64 would be the front line against CoD and I'll assume that FRST do not want a battle on 3 sides of a continent at the same time.[/spoil]

For this hypothetical I’ll make some assumptions about which other tribes join, but I’ll also let forum posters make suggestions and try to carry the analysis along the lines suggested by popular acclaim.

FRST v CoD/ICARUS

[spoil]I’ll assume that the ICARUS / CoD merge is going ahead but that FRST claim refugees or reparations.

Fatdad from CoD would have to expect to lose his K64 villages, as would Mufflengendz and Stormrider. Stormrider might want to hold on to some of his villages, but I’m not too sure how hard CoD will fight for a guy who has already been pretty much gutted by FRST and who, less than a month ago, nobled a sub 1K village off another tribe.

FRST might also demand the CoD K55 villages, which would see Noc, Lord Kristnick, Razmart, Mistyace, Escalation and AZGamer loose villages.

However, FRST might settle on these terms with ICARUS and let the rest of CoD merge before turning their attention to NgW.[/spoil]

Plan B – Escalation: FRST v NgW

[spoil]Grizok has been the FRST spearhead into K74 although he is actually a fairly recent recruit to FRST from FSU. Kriall is in the same category and their villages are most exposed if things get nasty between FRST and NgW.

Hard to know what is going on here. It could be that Grizok and Kriall just made the wrong move to the wrong tribe at the wrong time. They might do some fancy footwork and jump sides before troops start flying.

FRST might have welcomed them, to use them as meat shields in an expected conflict with NgW. Neither have particularly impressive nobling histories, tending to prey on the weakened or tribeless and it looks like they have tag-teamed for this purpose.

I think these guys are some of the first casulties in the hypotetical NgW/FRST conflict as NgW move for easy victories to control K74.

Dekum’s new area is probably just a time-share village and he will not be able to afford the annual payments, although it is so small, it might get left alone.

The Red Dragon also has some extreme southern villages and you’d have to assume that these would be lost in any conflict.

Armed4Fun in K63 is behind NgW’s lines. These villages are also a high risk early casualty for FRST. Having been involved in slapping this guy down early in the game I can tell both FRST and NgW that he is no asset and if NgW want his villages FRST should just dismiss him. Any tribe that recruits him after that shall be known for their poor recruiting choices….

On the other side of the equation, Horsesoldier’s villages (NgW) in K64 are probably going to be quickly taken by FRST. Marshroom, Immunesoul, Skerlie and Nebulao should also expect that their K64 villages will be hammered by FRST.

The tribal size is against NgW and if Insane were still active, NgW might have enlisted them to help attack FRST in the NW of K64, while NgW concentrate on the SW and SE, including supporting their villages in SE K64. However it looks like NgW and FRST are both on a mission to noble out Insane as fast as they can.

In terms of calling in other tribes around a K74 flashpoint, there are not a lot of options. FRST could not really expect CoD /ICARUS to help them if they have just been at war, although NgW might try to use that same conflict to their advantage.

Both FRST and NgW have reasonably depth of geography to support front lines, so there are no obvious areas of breakthrough for either tribe after the quick wins.[/spoil]

Where would it escalate next? I’m happy to hear other peoples’ opinions. I’ll look at adding in the “story” to follow.

DeletedUser85074

Hey capacitor mind doing a little World War for me?

Ok here goes...

I'm fairly certain of most tribes and what their move might be if there is a war. But lets say that every major tribe decides to go to war :)

Frankly I haven't had much communication with Sheep, so would have no idea what their move would be if war breaks out. But if they're looking for major expansion they would go into Bored!, am I right? However, I suspect that they might have better relations with Bored! then FRST... Again simply speculation, don't have any ideas about Sheep.

So in my opinion there are two major options if all the major tribes go to war.

Option 1:

FRST + KND + Sheep

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW

Option 2.

FRST + KND

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW + Sheep

Feel free to speculate and bring your own opinion. Let's liven these forums up a bit

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hey capacitor mind doing a little World War for me?

Ok here goes...

I'm fairly certain of most tribes and what their move might be if there is a war. But lets say that every major tribe decides to go to war :)

Frankly I haven't had much communication with Sheep, so would have no idea what their move would be if war breaks out. But if they're looking for major expansion they would go into Bored!, am I right? However, I suspect that they might have better relations with Bored! then FRST... Again simply speculation, don't have any ideas about Sheep.

So in my opinion there are two major options if all the major tribes go to war.

Option 1:

FRST + KND + Sheep

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW

Option 2.

FRST + KND

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW + Sheep

Feel free to speculate and bring your own opinion. Let's liven these forums up a bit

There is one problem with that scenario. A lot of those tribes you have teaming up have no relations right now and quite a few leaders on this world would rather secure their continents before going to war.

DeletedUser85074

There is one problem with that scenario. A lot of those tribes you have teaming up have no relations right now and quite a few leaders on this world would rather secure their continents before going to war.

Ah I know, but its all hypothetical :)
I already know that a couple tribes would stay out of this. But it's fun to think about

Hyper Hypo

Capacitor..

I have to give you huge props for this thread and your speculations for war.

It is a nice skill that you have.

:p

DeletedUser

I'll have a go at doing the requested hypothetical. Just got my computer working again. Give me a day or two....

DeletedUser

Option 1:

FRST + KND + Sheep

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW

Option 1:

FRST + KND + Sheep

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW

Possible Scenario/outcome:
FRST declares on ICARUS, or vice versa. FRST have small scuffles, snipes, cross nobling issues with NgW, in the south aswell. NgW decides to join in with ICARUS. BORED! declares on Sheep. BORED! takes a few villages at random of KND. KND responds with war. Sheep and KND team up against BORED! FRST's northern crew support Sheep, in an attempt to subtly sabotage BORED! BORED! figure it out, or are told, and get annoyed, and declare on FRST, joining with ICARUS and NgW.

FRST takes the brunt from ICARUS and NgW. However, with their northern line they hold their own against BORED! who are fighting three tribes in that section. Sheep and BORED! go head to head on the western front, while KND hit BORED! fom the north. BORED! find themselves spread out, struggling to hold their lines. FRST is mostly busy in the south, so most of the offensive is from Sheep and KND, with mass fakes and some attacks/nobles from FRST. BORED! slowly get pushed back, and worn thin on the western front, simply self supporting, while FRST and Sheep work together, with support and attacks, and KND splits their defense. FRST takes heavy hits in the south however, and soon most of FRST is being dedicated to that war effort. Sheep slowly begin to noble across, but are fought to a standstill by BORED! Who, without FRST's full forces being dedicated to them, begin to push back against Sheep and KND.
FRST begin to suffer heavy losses from the bombardment by NgW and ICARUS, and are wearing thin. BORED! makes good ground against KND. Sheep are slowly being pushed back. ICARUS begins to make ground on FRST from the east. NgW begin to take a few villages of FRST aswell. Sheep starts to lose heavily against BORED! and BORED! take their top players, and noble the rest. BORED! then turn their attention on KND and FRST.
FRST starts to take heavy hits from all sides, and is falling back within themselves. eventually, top players merge into BORED! or ICARUS, and the rest are nobled.

BORED! and ICARUS then war, but that's another story for later... :icon_razz:

Thread revival attempt. That is how i see side 1 may lose. I may do another on how side 1 may win, if i can be bothered. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Option 1:

FRST + KND + Sheep

Vs.

Bored! + ICARUS + NgW

Possible Scenario/outcome:
FRST declares on ICARUS, or vice versa. FRST have small scuffles, snipes, cross nobling issues with NgW, in the south aswell. NgW decides to join in with ICARUS. BORED! declares on Sheep. BORED! takes a few villages at random of KND. KND responds with war. Sheep and KND team up against BORED! FRST's northern crew support Sheep, in an attempt to subtly sabotage BORED! BORED! figure it out, or are told, and get annoyed, and declare on FRST, joining with ICARUS and NgW.

FRST takes the brunt from ICARUS and NgW. However, with their northern line they hold their own against BORED! who are fighting three tribes in that section. Sheep and BORED! go head to head on the western front, while KND hit BORED! fom the north. BORED! find themselves spread out, struggling to hold their lines. FRST is mostly busy in the south, so most of the offensive is from Sheep and KND, with mass fakes and some attacks/nobles from FRST. BORED! slowly get pushed back, and worn thin on the western front, simply self supporting, while FRST and Sheep work together, with support and attacks, and KND splits their defense. FRST takes heavy hits in the south however, and soon most of FRST is being dedicated to that war effort. Sheep slowly begin to noble across, but are fought to a standstill by BORED! Who, without FRST's full forces being dedicated to them, begin to push back against Sheep and KND.
FRST begin to suffer heavy losses from the bombardment by NgW and ICARUS, and are wearing thin. BORED! makes good ground against KND. Sheep are slowly being pushed back. ICARUS begins to make ground on FRST from the east. NgW begin to take a few villages of FRST aswell. Sheep starts to lose heavily against BORED! and BORED! take their top players, and noble the rest. BORED! then turn their attention on KND and FRST.
FRST starts to take heavy hits from all sides, and is falling back within themselves. eventually, top players merge into BORED! or ICARUS, and the rest are nobled.

BORED! and ICARUS then war, but that's another story for later... :icon_razz:

Thread revival attempt. That is how i see side 1 may lose. I may do another on how side 1 may win, if i can be bothered. :icon_razz:

i've noticed in a lot of your posts harb that FRST end up getting beaten... which is surprising given that you're a member of FRST... gotta have more faith in your team-mates :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

i've noticed in a lot of your posts harb that FRST end up getting beaten... which is surprising given that you're a member of FRST... gotta have more faith in your team-mates :icon_biggrin:

I do have faith in my team mates, that's why i don't need to shout about how tough FRST is. :icon_razz:

I prefer to do hypothetical things of FRST being beaten, because the idea amuses me. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I do have faith in my team mates, that's why i don't need to shout about how tough FRST is. :icon_razz:

I prefer to do hypothetical things of FRST being beaten, because the idea amuses me. :icon_razz:

no-one is invincible - hypothetically or for real :icon_wink:

I like your analyses capacitator2 - sorry... harbinger :icon_wink: I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big war in the near future.. if only to keep people interested and active.

grizok

Dont normally post on here but I was mentioned by name so felt I should chime in :) Before making any comment regarding my skills you may want to see what happened to the tribes that NgW got most of their members from. KBS attacked me with 29 people one weekend, over a month later my ODD is still in the top 20 and I havent been attacked since. They didnt take a single village and their tribe fell apart days later.

The remainder of the people in my area are from my ex tribe. I left because 95% of them wouldnt take villages even when I had half of the KBS front line cleared and was babysitting conquests to get people involved. (See my ODA score as well...) They fell apart days after I left.

So take what you want from my nobling history, I will admit to not being as selfish as I should have been during wartime :) You may want to rethink your overall analysis though. Someone with virtually no losses and a long history in the top ranks of both ODD and ODA is probably not someone to underestimate :)

DeletedUser

Dont normally post on here but I was mentioned by name so felt I should chime in :) Before making any comment regarding my skills you may want to see what happened to the tribes that NgW got most of their members from. KBS attacked me with 29 people one weekend, over a month later my ODD is still in the top 20 and I havent been attacked since. They didnt take a single village and their tribe fell apart days later.

The remainder of the people in my area are from my ex tribe. I left because 95% of them wouldnt take villages even when I had half of the KBS front line cleared and was babysitting conquests to get people involved. (See my ODA score as well...) They fell apart days after I left.

So take what you want from my nobling history, I will admit to not being as selfish as I should have been during wartime :) You may want to rethink your overall analysis though. Someone with virtually no losses and a long history in the top ranks of both ODD and ODA is probably not someone to underestimate :)

Although I do not like the way he left f.s.u. he was an amazing player and helped us allot (I was a duke in f.s.u. although with my exams I shouldn't have been...) and I can tell you that what he said is basically true f.s.u. was unorganized and lacked true leadership, now some of the x members are in NgW (there has been allot of swapping of account as people went inactive, all within the rules) and lead by experienced players who are organised, just thought I would make that clear.