Notice to Aten

DeletedUser

By saying this, if you were at war with a little tribe and HOT was at war with Saints and winning. Would you not do the same?

If a tribe that I was in did that, I would leave that tribe. Believe it or not, to me it is not about winning, it is about how one plays.

Judging by all that I've read, ATEN are just jealous. Jealous that they're not holding all the cards anymore. That someone else may actually be able to cut them and make it bleed.

Well, you have obviously gotten the wrong impression. What's there to be jealous of? Backstabbing? Cheap game play? Nothing that I could be jealous of, mate.

Didn't ATEN take in STW afterwards, anyways? Sounds like a greedy little kid who's jealous of the kid who sucked up and got the bigger ice-cream. The fact that Saints and ATEN were at war had a minimal effect compared to the fact that ATEN were losing their large lead. That's the real reason, ATEN's scared.

The merging with StW was a necessary, solid tactical move for both StW and Aten once it became clear that HOT was going to merge St, no matter what. Anyone with a grasp of world 2 geography and history should be able to see why it makes sense.

You obviously got the wrong impression there as well. Nobody I know in Aten is scared. Instead I just see a lot of players that are very angry at the betrayal by an ally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mantho

Let me expand on this. :icon_smile:

I think what upset Aten players more than anything else is that we were in thee process of breaking down the St front in a big fashion after 4 or 5 months of launching one major offensive after another.

Anyone who has been involved in a major war with major ops will know just how much work goes into that.

And then, just as we had started getting into the good part, our supposed ally HOT steps in and robs us of the fruit of our labours, telling us "tough luck" and "it does not really matter what you think about it", in essence making our work at winning a major war worthless if we agree, and basically just showing that they have no respect for people who win through warfare, period.

It seems pretty certain that HOT leadership does not (yet) understand in the least just how angry the countless Aten players are who spent lots and lots of time and energy on making big inroads against St.

That we still have people from old HOT defending it is actually quite astounding, and demonstrates an utter lack of class to me.

Might as well just come out and say "we wanted to screw you over and be the big dog". That, at least, would be honest.

Since we are explaining this all I have heard is how we havnt earned anything yet heck didnt i even support YOU ide? Hmm Yet HoT are NOT allies according to you and we havnt earned anything hmm And you wonder why things played out the way they did lol good move on your part.

DeletedUser

That we still have people from old HOT defending it is actually quite astounding, and demonstrates an utter lack of class to me.

Go read Rap's thread that you think is so great. Then perhaps you can try and make a valid point without insulting people. Insult their actions in the game, sure, but once again you feel the need to insult the people you are playing against.

Everyone understands why Hot did what they did. Sure it was a harsh move to do but they felt it necessary. Not to be the big dog, because they still aren't. Aten still is. They did it to keep Aten from becoming a big dog that could have no equal. Perhaps thats what you wanted and you were so close to having thus why you are so pissed and feel the need to constantly try and degrade other players?

Its been explained over and over yet you continuously try to make it out to be the actions of horrible people instead of actions by decent folks who saw that there was about to be a power in the world that couldnt be matched, that the power had already shown the desire to fight a single tribe at a time and to throw their numerical superiority at them.

Its your own tactics that brought this on. I truly understand why players would be upset about all the work seemingly all for naught, but that sometimes is the nature of this game.

Basically stop trying to assassinate certain persons character with every post you make, slipping in single sentences to do such is still the same as making an entire post dedicated to such. Get control of yourself idefix because in the end its just a friggin game.

DeletedUser

Go read Rap's thread that you think is so great. Then perhaps you can try and make a valid point without insulting people. Insult their actions in the game, sure, but once again you feel the need to insult the people you are playing against.

I am insulting their in-game actions, mate.

Everyone understands why Hot did what they did. Sure it was a harsh move to do but they felt it necessary. Not to be the big dog, because they still aren't. Aten still is. They did it to keep Aten from becoming a big dog that could have no equal. Perhaps thats what you wanted and you were so close to having thus why you are so pissed and feel the need to constantly try and degrade other players?

Its been explained over and over yet you continuously try to make it out to be the actions of horrible people instead of actions by decent folks who saw that there was about to be a power in the world that couldnt be matched, that the power had already shown the desire to fight a single tribe at a time and to throw their numerical superiority at them.

Wrong again. HOT has been trying to forge an Anti-Aten alliance for some time now. We do have our contacts, you know. I could care less about being the big dog. If I cared so much, I'd be inviting tons of point players into Aten|E. All I care about is fighting wars well, being true to my frineds in Aten and elsewhere, and playing with style.

Its your own tactics that brought this on. I truly understand why players would be upset about all the work seemingly all for naught, but that sometimes is the nature of this game.

Well, then don't be surprised when the anger is unleashed.

Basically stop trying to assassinate certain persons character with every post you make, slipping in single sentences to do such is still the same as making an entire post dedicated to such. Get control of yourself idefix because in the end its just a friggin game.

Please go have a look at the post you made in that thread and take a look in the mirror.

DeletedUser

I am insulting their in-game actions, mate.
Then you need to do a better job of making that known, because it doesnt look that way.

Wrong again. HOT has been trying to forge an Anti-Aten alliance for some time now. We do have our contacts, you know. I could care less about being the big dog. If I cared so much, I'd be inviting tons of point players into Aten|E. All I care about is fighting wars well, being true to my frineds in Aten and elsewhere, and playing with style.
Well I wouldnt know anything about that. I get along with alot of Aten players, bunch of good people and I can see why you are so loyal to them but aten doesnt have the monopoly on good people. Just remember that Idefix, please.

Well, then don't be surprised when the anger is unleashed.
Its called self control Idefix. When your unleashed anger on the forum hurts your tribe, thats when it shouldnt be unleashed.

Please go have a look at the post you made in that thread and take a look in the mirror.
Oh I know my words were harsh, because I for one believe that one's actions must be looked upon over the entire forum, not just one thread. While you say rap's words are wise you are still doing the opposite of what he says. Remember, I am a neutral party here Idefix. You think not? I actually spend more time these days on the Aten ventrilo. No, not as a spy if thats what you are thinking, but due to actually playing another game with some aten members. My words may seem harsh to you but sometimes it seems thats the only way to get through to some folks.

My responses in bold.

DeletedUser

OK, ok, I love you too, Jerran. :icon_wink:

And yes, there are some great people in HOT, and it is going to break my heart to see some of them turn into red dots. It will be upsetting to be pitched against them mainly because their leadership does/did not understand how much of a slap in the face what they did was.

Now please let me go unleash my anger on the battlefield, where it should be unleashed. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

If a tribe that I was in did that, I would leave that tribe. Believe it or not, to me it is not about winning, it is about how one plays.
Well, you have obviously gotten the wrong impression. What's there to be jealous of? Backstabbing? Cheap game play? Nothing that I could be jealous of, mate.
The merging with StW was a necessary, solid tactical move for both StW and Aten once it became clear that HOT was going to merge St, no matter what. Anyone with a grasp of world 2 geography and history should be able to see why it makes sense.
You obviously got the wrong impression there as well. Nobody I know in Aten is scared.
Instead I just see a lot of players that are very angry at the betrayal by an ally.

ATEN did just the same with STW. So, when do you plan on leaving?
Love how you added in the "mate" there, clever. Regardless still, ATEN did do the same thing with STW.
About STW and ATEN, the same could be said about Saints and HOT. The exact same.

DeletedUser

ATEN did just the same with STW. So, when do you plan on leaving?
Love how you added in the "mate" there, clever. Regardless still, ATEN did do the same thing with STW.
About STW and ATEN, the same could be said about Saints and HOT. The exact same.

Sorry, can't agree with you. Aten and StW did not join forces until after HOT told Aten to stuff their objections to the St merger.

HOT was wanting to attack StW together with Aten, but we're not really interested in hitting friendlies.

DeletedUser1125

Aten

I really disagree with this. To me this is a lot like my wife explaining my motives to me. Somehow she always feels as though she knows me better than myself, yet most of the time I feel as if she doesn't know me at all. What's really happening is that she's substituting her thought processes, trying to explain my decisions.

Of course I agree with most of what Idefix has said, this is what is going on in our heads. I can see some the logic behind what others are posting, yet that's not really what was going on with us. We were involved in a very, very, very, long and drawn out war with ST. We were very focused on that in a way that might be difficult for others not involved in similar apocalyptic wars to understand. I don't think that it ever really occurred to any of us that we were the most powerful tribe, or that by defeating ST that we would dominate W2. In fact, much of the opposite is true, it has always been one of our objectives to NOT appear to be so dominant that folks constantly trying to put together an anti Aten coalition would find sympathic ears.

I don't know, we go at this over and over, neither side convincing the other. Perhaps if you look at it like this, you might see how I personally see it.

In the real world, we all know that we can't be stupid, and we've got to pay attention to what's going on with our women, or someone else will take them from us. We expect that. If your wife is having an affair, it hurts, but we all know that life sometimes throws curve balls, and we move on. However, if the person that your wife is having an affair with is your best friend, or god forbid, your brother, then that rachets the level of anomoisty up another whole level.

This is how we see what has happened between HOT and Aten. HOT had a chance to continue warring against the broken up CEG tribes, but chose not too, then after almost a year of us beating down ST, HOT steps in and supports them, and promises them that if they merge with HOT, that HOT will go to war with Aten to protect them. This is exactly what happened. HOT made this promise to ST, in writing, and moved forward. Once HOT started supporting Aten's enemy, merged with them, and promised to war against Aten on their behalf, how could this have ended up otherwise than it is now?

Scarus

DeletedUser

Scarus, I am not explaining your motives to you. Thats just silly and I am not sure why you are trying to paint it as such. Once again you are too aten focused.

I have said MULTIPLE times I understand Aten's viewpoint. But what Aten fails to do is see it from anyone else's viewpoint. Sorry, dont have anymore to say about that long post of yours but what I have said.

To emperor, I guess you really dont wish to see things overall. To say the most realistic viewpoint is the Aten viewpoint once again goes back to the problem that is making aten more solitary.

DeletedUser

Scarus, I am not explaining your motives to you. Thats just silly and I am not sure why you are trying to paint it as such. Once again you are too aten focused.

I have said MULTIPLE times I understand Aten's viewpoint. But what Aten fails to do is see it from anyone else's viewpoint. Sorry, dont have anymore to say about that long post of yours but what I have said.

To emperor, I guess you really dont wish to see things overall. To say the most realistic viewpoint is the Aten viewpoint once again goes back to the problem that is making aten more solitary.

And which viewpoint shall i support may i ask?
TE

ionela

lol

"This is how we see what has happened between HOT and Aten. HOT had a chance to continue warring against the broken up CEG tribes, but chose not too, then after almost a year of us beating down ST, HOT steps in and supports them, and promises them that if they merge with HOT, that HOT will go to war with Aten to protect them. This is exactly what happened. HOT made this promise to ST, in writing, and moved forward. Once HOT started supporting Aten's enemy, merged with them, and promised to war against Aten on their behalf, how could this have ended up otherwise than it is now?"

are u saying that HOT was affraid of ST ? thats why they wanted to merge?

u havent seen anything yeat..

DeletedUser

"This is how we see what has happened between HOT and Aten. HOT had a chance to continue warring against the broken up CEG tribes, but chose not too, then after almost a year of us beating down ST, HOT steps in and supports them, and promises them that if they merge with HOT, that HOT will go to war with Aten to protect them. This is exactly what happened. HOT made this promise to ST, in writing, and moved forward. Once HOT started supporting Aten's enemy, merged with them, and promised to war against Aten on their behalf, how could this have ended up otherwise than it is now?"

are u saying that HOT was affraid of ST ? thats why they wanted to merge?

u havent seen anything yeat..

My opinion:
HOT is afraid of everyone AND i respect that. That's actually the most important thing you in order to survive in this world.
Unfortunately HOT made other mistakes that will cost them more than they have build so far.
TE

DeletedUser

And which viewpoint shall i support may i ask?
TE

Its obvious which viewpoint you support, but when you say its the most realistic you are simply making a rift with others whom might not fully agree with you, and no I am not talking about Hot players because I realize you dont care what they think.

You are trying to persuade with words and the time for that is over. People have made up their minds and any more attempts of persuasion will only be met with contempt.

Next time if you feel that you must make a short little post saying you agree with them, then simply say that you agree with them.

DeletedUser2566

Thanx for letting us know where your spy is, we only have 1 branch that has ATEN listed as red dots we needed to narrow the list down you did just that have a nice day.

yea it's highborn, see his recent posts.. oops now i said it out loud..

yea but nowhere i saw suggestion to forget to be honest cos it's just a frigging game where sneakiest will do anything to win. perhaps game staff could put that note to login page?

olivar

The most realistic view of the present situation.
TE

From Aten's view.

-----------------------------

From my viewpoint CEG was defeated Ao5 won; Cake, HOT, RB (I believe?) left whilst achieving their objective.

After almost a year of warring and winning against massive numbers some sts decide it's time to throw in the towel. After noone else wanted to take their old leaders place Sts sought to seek refuge in HOT.

After informing Aten of what was happening, Aten refused blatantly any deal and wanted ALL St villages, one bad deed deserves another you might say? An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is how I saw Aten play it out.

After which it is found even the minimal sum of 200 villages Sts offered wouldhave been an improvement on what Aten managed to achieve when they assaulted Saintly villages whilst their owners were tied to a tree bent over.

I see scarus' viewpoint, but from our side of the fence that just seems incorrect

DeletedUser3160

Well the viewpoint doesn't really matter. The facts of the thing is that our "ally" invited in a tribe we had been fighting for a considerable time, a tribe they knew we wanted to continue fighting, a tribe we had turned down peace offerings from since we didn't see how that would benefit us. Then when HOT pulls their stunt they know exactly what they are doing and what it will lead to.

yeah sure Aten was big, Aten could be a threat, Aten could rule the world..that might be true but its still just statements that tries to justify an act that people deep down know to be wrong considering the fact that Aten and HOT where allies.

Sorry..there is no other viewpoint to this, there are just bad excuses to why it was done. But its done and it has changed the playing field dramatically.

DeletedUser

Its obvious which viewpoint you support, but when you say its the most realistic you are simply making a rift with others whom might not fully agree with you, and no I am not talking about Hot players because I realize you dont care what they think.

You are trying to persuade with words and the time for that is over. People have made up their minds and any more attempts of persuasion will only be met with contempt.

Next time if you feel that you must make a short little post saying you agree with them, then simply say that you agree with them.

Man prepare your swords. Thats my advise.
TE