On Victory

xinryr

Well I play because I like watching the little worker people in the mines.

DeletedUser

i am not sure if this game of war and violence is suitable for miners

KarmaX

lol.. I don't think its suitable for miners but for Minors.. yea it does.. We have some pretty crazy minors who like actions like tomy :p

DeletedUser

thanks JP for that. shows the warmer side of THE.

I find it funny how so many things are determined by the few bad actions or words from a group.

I'm English and love football. I hate the fact that English football is judged by the 'lager louts' who to be honest only go for a good fight. The Romans hd the right idea there. Stick them in an arena and let them fight it out. See how brave they are there.

But back to the post. As a DUKE and I've been there you are responsible for your tribes attitude and although I believe your story the fact you let some little irritants run around and give the tribe a bad name makes me ask two questions.

Whose in charge???

and are you letting them run around because either you don't care or are too weak to do anything about them?

The same questions I think should be asked in RL. Who is in charge.???

All I see is the damn lunatics running the assylum.

Neccesity will either make or break THE. I hope its the former.

Good war so far. and kids behave.

DeletedUser92

I am in charge.

As to why I 'let them run around," you propose a dichotomy when the answer is neither.

I -could- tell people what to do, but I choose not to because even in the lovely little dictatorship I run, we have freedom. :) People can say what they wish. Now, granted, I do suggest people lay off when necessary, but generally I don't dictate to people what they can say and what they can't. I find that rude. There are exceptions - threatening your tribemates, giving up our op plans, and being pointlessly disrespectful to our allies. But, I'm not going to tell them not to speak their minds.

Things here are...Changing, however. ;)

xinryr

Evil (?) emporer JP to lead his Greek-sounding space/fantasy/internet empire in an attack against some crazy drunk dogs.

I'd make a picture but that would be a lot of work.

Last edited:

xinryr

Mm I really like my edit text thingy (it would go away if I edited to add this), anyway that's not to say that THE is the necrophiliac conservative's deffinition of evil. Or the lost realist's interpretation of bad, because all realists are lost and all mitens are found ohhh what am I writing o_O

/confused rant

DeletedUser92

Ummm, Xin? Lay off the drugs for a bit. I realize I was just at a Phish concert, but I had a grand total of one rum and coke - no weed, no nothin'. Well, secondhand, but that doesn't count. Just don't become one of those dudes I saw last night - you know, those dudes.

Mick876

I -could- tell people what to do, but I choose not to because even in the lovely little dictatorship I run, we have freedom. :) People can say what they wish. Now, granted, I do suggest people lay off when necessary, but generally I don't dictate to people what they can say and what they can't. I find that rude. There are exceptions - threatening your tribemates, giving up our op plans, and being pointlessly disrespectful to our allies. But, I'm not going to tell them not to speak their minds.

Things here are...Changing, however. ;)

This is why you are failing. You should be telling them what to do, and if they are out spoken you should shut them up. Because your the duke, and what you say goes. You let your lads run a mock, which has resulted in a 2V1 war, as they have all peed off the tribes around you, maybe with there ingame actions but definitely with there PnP arrogance.

DeletedUser

I have to agree, and disagree... There are times when a dictatorship will get things done they way they need to be done, however a democracy is the best way to "win the people". If it wasnt for telling ppl what to do, tribes would collapse, however its a very fine line between ordering and requesting. But its all about respect. If your willing to go up to bat for your guys, they will & should listen to you and follow you to the end, and that;s when you can be democratic with your members, and even ask their opinions on important ideas/tasks.

As far as THE goes (and of course this is my own opinion), it to me seems like its just a free for all, with cliques within the tribe....

DeletedUser92

Well, Quinn, you're wrong. There really are no cliques. People determine their level of involvement - this is a game, I can't exactly put a gun to someone's head and say "do what I want or we blow you away." It doesn't work like that. With that said, some people choose to be out on the fringes, and there's only so much that can be done to stop it. As long as they contribute in operations and deal damage, I'm fine with it. You've got the traitors, the people that promise the world then quit under the first attack, and that's just the way it goes. While THE prides itself on its recruiting ability (mainly as I do most of the interviews/etc), there are people who simply talk a bigger game then they can play, and that's when we get these problems.

But like I said, things are changing more toward THE's original vision, and less toward what its become. For those who have been with us all along, it'll be a return to something more wieldy. For those who are newer, it'll come as a improvement overall. So we'll make our moves - that's all we can do anyway, right?

DeletedUser

Well, Quinn, you're wrong. There really are no cliques. People determine their level of involvement - this is a game, I can't exactly put a gun to someone's head and say "do what I want or we blow you away." It doesn't work like that. With that said, some people choose to be out on the fringes, and there's only so much that can be done to stop it. As long as they contribute in operations and deal damage, I'm fine with it. You've got the traitors, the people that promise the world then quit under the first attack, and that's just the way it goes. While THE prides itself on its recruiting ability (mainly as I do most of the interviews/etc), there are people who simply talk a bigger game then they can play, and that's when we get these problems.

But like I said, things are changing more toward THE's original vision, and less toward what its become. For those who have been with us all along, it'll be a return to something more wieldy. For those who are newer, it'll come as a improvement overall. So we'll make our moves - that's all we can do anyway, right?

Well JP, i will stand corrected then.

However, i am definitely putting this quote in my Signature.. along with my unicorns & carebears :p :

While THE prides itself on its recruiting ability

DeletedUser79042

So we'll make our moves - that's all we can do anyway, right?

Right. Why bother sharing this ... intel with the rest of the world? :lol:

Good game so far anyway JP !

slates9

THE prides itself on its recruiting ability

^^ Same as quinn. I feel as if this needs to be shared around as much as possible and as such am "yoinking" this and putting it in my sig too. :icon_razz:

xinryr

Ummm, Xin? Lay off the drugs for a bit. I realize I was just at a Phish concert, but I had a grand total of one rum and coke - no weed, no nothin'. Well, secondhand, but that doesn't count. Just don't become one of those dudes I saw last night - you know, those dudes.

The human brain creates enough chemicals to make one high without the use of drugs, thank you very much :p

DeletedUser92

Excellent way to misconstrue my words. I should have seen it coming, but you know full well that all you're doing is taking them and portraying us as mass-recruiters. Ironically, coming from the tribe that recruited an entire defeated tribe. Very classy.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

ROFL.

Well, well well.... Jp. it has finally come to this.... You have the chance right now to show that you (and your tribe) have the mettle that I, (and my tribe) have had.. For a very long time, your fellow co duke, you, and i have been in a verbal battle on pnp. About this, that, the other thing, and how we matched up as Dukes. You have always touted how things were fabulous being the number one tribe, and how phoenx would never compare.

What i see in front of me, is a man who may very well have accepted his defeat. (yet again) You say you cant point a gun to someones head and make them do what they should. I say there is no need to use a gun, when you can make it a tribal thing to be a part of.. no one wants to be left out, no one wants to be left behind with no war fronts, etc etc etc. your tribe is failing, and the only person to blame is the same said person who was here taking all the credit for having the biggest players... If you had done what i had done, build your tribe up with a few members here, a few there, and piece together what actually FITS your tribes mold... Maybe you would have had more players that Stuck....

Since the beginning, Ak iceman belittled me and my big mouth again and again and again. Now, where is he? Matter of fact, where are you Jp? Things have been at an alltime high on the forums with THE/Phoenx banters. Now is the time of your judgment. Phoenx' judgment occurred vs BD. We had no "traitors" who fled at first incoming. We had no excuses for inactives being slaughtered on the fronts.. and we had less players than most of the top ten. (i would say all the top ten, but damn decide has been smaller, fewer members, almost same ODD... Grrr!!!)

THE was THE former number one tribe, held the glory for many many months... and was supposed to be unstoppable. excuse me if i enjoy this and gloat over what is fastly becoming THE's demise.... I dont see you being half the leader i am, and i see you failing to inspire your troops. You keep referring to this return to original THE status.. yet in the same sentence you give a cop out?

So we'll make our moves - that's all we can do anyway, right?

ROFL. Good night, Jp. You are proving me right, and you wrong, in all those threads over the past two years. Thank you.

ps. my money is on BH to rim you... that is, IF you stick around long enough. (which you wont)

slates9

Excellent way to misconstrue my words. I should have seen it coming, but you know full well that all you're doing is taking them and portraying us as mass-recruiters. Ironically, coming from the tribe that recruited an entire defeated tribe. Very classy.

But that's......definitely what you said? How is that misconstruing them? Now it's you who insinuating that you are mass recruiters :icon_neutral:

Um, JP. Your writing may be good, but your maths...*shakes head* 16 Hammer players were recruited, which were considered to be the best of them. Now last time I checked, Hammer did not have 16 players when they surrendered, more like 30 or so, so that's only part of the tribe.
Ironically, these "refugees" are now pushing you back in K25...

Mick876

THE are famous for recruiting there enemy. They have a cheek to comment on others recruitment choices. They even tried to merge DECIDE into them. Jp the clock is ticking...