[Opinion poll] T/W-TW-T:V's Greatest Adversary?

Paint13aller

RoBAC was pathetic. Most ex-RoBAC members at this point will admit that they were pathetic due to a variety of internal issues such as lack of interest (something that TW has been continually battling for a long time).

Death was pathetic when we actually ended up fighting them. They may have formerly been a great tribe but by the the we fought them they were not impressive based on what I've read.

Time not the :icon_biggrin:

in k56 [L] was the greatest adversary

[L] was pretty good back before the war if they didin't recieve refugees ( like me lol ) from LPR they may still have been allied to T:V and be a big part of K5-

DeletedUser

You obviously don't know him. In a fight, I know which one I'd put my money on.

You may put your money on who ever it was, but it does not take any skill (By any stretch of the mind) sitting an account that has all the points already added up.

I think this is proven by Scouser's account (Well it was given away, but you get my drift, just because you have a big account, doesn't mean you can use it).

DeletedUser3840

I'm with dsw1 on that point, I wouldn't have a clue how to handle a million point account. I guess I have to learn by gradually building mine up.

DeletedUser

Bar mimelim

I have infinite respect for gregw. But trying to get respect after one utter failure after the next is pretty hard to do. I have real respect for only one tribe in W1 outside of T:V. That is TCK. As a whole, they have proved that they can play this game as a team and effectively. Nobody else has.

DeletedUser

That is right :D.

Also, Siv. mentioned earlier (It was Siv. right?) about me making a mistake about the "5% being sat" thing, I would like to apologise for that, I was mistaken.

And finally, Hello Gregw :)

spleen mage

You may put your money on who ever it was, but it does not take any skill (By any stretch of the mind) sitting an account that has all the points already added up.

I think this is proven by Scouser's account (Well it was given away, but you get my drift, just because you have a big account, doesn't mean you can use it).

Maybe you're right - It doesn't take skill to sit an account.

However I know him of w3 from [DR] (recognised as one of the best tribes that's graced TW.net by alot of people), and know that he's also a very good player. Infact, during the Elites Vs. Family war, he was handling multiple 1m+ accounts, aswell as his own, and doing a good job of it, while being heavily out-numbered.

Of course, I don't expect you to know this, not playing that world and all. However - Just because you played on the first world; It does not make a better player. And it doesn't make you a noob for not playing world one :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Maybe you're right - It doesn't take skill to sit an account.

However I know him of w3 from [DR] (recognised as one of the best tribes that's graced TW.net by alot of people), and know that he's also a very good player. Infact, during the Elites Vs. Family war, he was handling multiple 1m+ accounts, aswell as his own, and doing a good job of it, while being heavily out-numbered.

Of course, I don't expect you to know this, not playing that world and all. However - Just because you played on the first world; It does not make a better player. And it doesn't make you a noob for not playing world one :icon_wink:

How do you know I do not play W3 under a different name :)? I don't but how would you know?

I said he was a n00b for not being on W1 because (When I replied to his first post) I had not checked that he was on W1 (Most people from other worlds that come on here are basically n00bs).

When I did check, it turned out he had only had 22 villages, and so that is quite n00bish in my current opinion. I do not judge a players skill on what worlds he excels in, as every world is different, I would rather judge a player from a world that I am familiar with (so, I would never say that a player from w8 (example) is good until I have seen how they play on W1 (or another world with the same settings).

Who was the D.D.R leader he account sat then?

DeletedUser

RoBAC was pathetic. Most ex-RoBAC members at this point will admit that they were pathetic due to a variety of internal issues such as lack of interest (something that TW has been continually battling for a long time).

Death was pathetic when we actually ended up fighting them. They may have formerly been a great tribe but by the the we fought them they were not impressive based on what I've read.

all come on false RoBAC wanst that bad

DeletedUser2648

I think if instead of hanging back, death should have joined RoBAC from the start, as should have many tribes, then things might have been different. Instead the loliance took ages to form and it gave T:V a massive edge.

DeletedUser2648

Something to add:

Tribes Vengeance 2
Properties
Name: Tribes Vengeance 2
Tag: T:V2
Number of members: 2
Points of 40 best players: 9.567
Total points: 9.567
Average points: 4.783
Homepage:
Members
Description
Tribes Vengeance Deux

Recruitment for T:V2 is closed. Do not contact us. You will become the first on our list to be nobled.

T:V2 is no longer accepting new Alliances or NAPs.

Silent but deadly, a wind breaks to the east. The screams fill your ears. Wave after wave of men penetrate your defenses. Your resources are stripped, your village laid bare. Something in you hardens as you finally give up your struggle and helplessly take your licks.

The Men of Tribalwar care not for your cries of "Foul!" No quarter is to be given. Your desecration can be measured in inches. Grabbing the booty, we ride off. In the distance, if one listens carefully enough, a cruel song can be heard echoing across the plains:

"Now that we've come, it's time to go
We've had our way with you, you know
We've taken your things and taken our poops
While in your village killing your troops
We rode in fast and gripped our spears
We attacked you hard (and from the rear!)
But now we're done, it's fun no more
For the hardcore Men of Tribalwar!"

Yes, your troops are gone. Your stores are empty. Still, you can't help but think: "there goes a bunch of really nice guys!"

ALL ABOUT US:

We are the hardened Players of Tribalwar.com, a community site that still serves as home to those who collectively dominated the TRIBES series of games for more than eight years.

NOTICE: If you are incapable of spelling out fully the word "you," or are prone to commit any other similar faux pas of written communication, please DO NOT contact us with a request for an alliance or non-aggression pact, lest you be made an example of in our GRAMMAR CRUSADE!

No relationship exists between Tribalwar.com and Tribalwars.net.

DeletedUser

Again, I say RoBAC for the simple fact that most of the good [L] players left over from our war went to RoBAC... and K56 had to face some pretty darn good players (surfiez, frank rizzo, Big_N_Rich, Blue, obstruct, Colbey, Giant_abc, just to name a few).

They were a pretty global foe as a tribe, as well (dominated the center, worked their way out to us).

Again, I think what made them our best adversary was the forum personalities: the Carebears, the propaganda, the back-and-forth banter, Bedtime Bear (who turned out to be a stud).

Maybe I'm thinking "The Best War" rather than our best on-field adversary, which, pound-for-pound, would have to go to [L] or SL (though I've never really personally dealt with SL, other than Siv :icon_biggrin:).

And Siv, why is "it all over" now? :(

Death. Come near Me

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Again, I say RoBAC for the simple fact that most of the good [L] players left over from our war went to RoBAC... and K56 had to face some pretty darn good players (surfiez, frank rizzo, Big_N_Rich, Blue, obstruct, Colbey, Giant_abc, just to name a few).

They were a pretty global foe as a tribe, as well (dominated the center, worked their way out to us).

Again, I think what made them our best adversary was the forum personalities: the Carebears, the propaganda, the back-and-forth banter, Bedtime Bear (who turned out to be a stud).

Maybe I'm thinking "The Best War" rather than our best on-field adversary, which, pound-for-pound, would have to go to [L] or SL (though I've never really personally dealt with SL, other than Siv :icon_biggrin:).

And Siv, why is "it all over" now? :(

I wasn't around that time ,that's why I ask. Why did B_N_R ,rizzo,obstruct and the other joined T:V ?

DeletedUser

I wasn't around that time ,that's why I ask. Why did B_N_R ,rizzo,obstruct and the other joined T:V ?

When you have such high respect for enemy players, its easy for them to go from enemy to allies. Remember, this is a game, the objective is to have fun. I enjoy playing this game along side other good players and I think that this sentiment is shared among most T:V players. Thus, it was only natural that a lot of them joined our ranks after Robac disbanded.

fairplay

I have infinite respect for gregw. But trying to get respect after one utter failure after the next is pretty hard to do. I have real respect for only one tribe in W1 outside of T:V. That is TCK. As a whole, they have proved that they can play this game as a team and effectively. Nobody else has.

I can garantee you that you have more respect for SL than SL has for you.

That doesn't go for T:V as a whole, I am being purely personal.

SL's biggest adversary is mimelin, not because of his self proclaimed greatness that only noobs believe, but because he sends us to sleep with his boring monotone, get a grip, get a life.

On subject, I think I have to agree that the biggest adversary to T:V is mr grey, just as he has become our biggest adversary, [L] was probably the hardest adversary for T:V but some of that is due to the fact that they were concentrated and T:V was smaller back then and more spread out with fronts everywhere, SL is the stubbornest adversary, and longest lasting, it is 15 months we have been enemies, but we have never been in a position to be a real danger to T:V.

As far as Robac, death and co, to say that they were an adversary is a joke, sorry but its true, they were big, they had some good players, thats about as much as you can say, maybe if they started fighting T:V 6 months earlier it would of been different.

DeletedUser

Fairplay, this is exactly what I am trying to explain to the players here. The ONLY claim that SL has is that it is the longest lasting T:V enemy. I agree with that statement. At the same time, I think it is pretty silly to measure tribe greatness on a tribe's ability to survive by continuously recruiting and moving closer and closer to the rim. I have zero problem with you claiming that you are the longest lasting. But SL players trying to claim that they have ever been in the same league as T:V is just simply laughable.

fairplay

Thats your viewpoint, but its wrong.

When have we ever claimed to be on the same level as T:V, never, but we have kicked T:V arse when possible.

We have never had an active recruitment policy and don't try and recruit, people who want to fight T:V want to join us, we don't let most of them in, T:V has grown as much from recruitment than anything else, so why knock others for it.

I don't see SL heading to the rim, I see us moving tactically as we were always too spread out and needed to regroup, but we are'nt close to the rim in many places, apart from a few places where people have had to restart.

You say that we are shit for these reasons, then you say that TCK is the best other tribe, yet they have done exactly what you wrongly accuse us of, headed to the rim and recruited to grow.

You see you need to remember that what you think isn't necessarily the reality, its just what you think.

DeletedUser

Yes, the standard Fairplay response ignore reality and facts and make stuff up.

We proved months ago that of the large long lasting tribes in W1, SL recruited more than any other, certainly well more than TW. There are old threads about this, I suggest you read the past threads before you make idiotic comments like this. The simple fact that you state "we have never had an active recruiting policy" is simply stunning. I mean are you trying to look like an idiot?

Recruitment

If you would like to join the SL tribe you must have the following requirements:
1. Be active, communicative and friendly
2. Use the Tribal forum regularly
3. Maintain a strong military force
4. You must have a minimum of 40,000 points
5. You must agree to a compulsary account sit to confirm you match this criteria

If you meet these requirements and would like to join please contact one of these:

Daveyb
Tushaar

Note: SL-F Is open to recruiting sub 40,000 point players in certain key areas

That has been there for as long as I can remember. You keep claiming that my claims are somehow my "opinion" and not reality. Why is it that every time you spew stuff like this, it can be refuted by 3rd party statistics and facts and yet you can't seem to do the same? I'm not saying that I'm not biased, I'm saying that stating obvious falsehoods is idiotic when we can all look up these things quite easily.

Why is TCK different from you? Well, for starters look at their caps. They actually attack their enemies rather than nobling abandons while they get annihilated. I think that the old OPT had problems and initially TCK had problems. But after they cleaned up their capping and their member list they have impressed me. Just look at their twstats profile compared to SL. I think that that says it all.