Pluto declares on PATRYN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't hate you guys don't dislike you guys. I was perfectly fine with you guys, but the past 24 hours have given me some bad opinions of WIN!.

I'd respect this more if you'd have said anything similar to all the trolling that punch, zombie, or any other tribe has done. All I've done is respond to posts made by others. Jack made one post about our nobling which TBD did the same when they were internalling chik3n (and didn't get flamed by you or anyone else). And other than that I don't think we've had a huge forum presence.

So if people troll us and we respond gives you a bad opinion of us and not the trolls I don't know what to tell you. Which brings me back around to why I think you're simply homering again.

DeletedUser

Well, this world has about 10 people post on the externals. A vast majority of the world doesn't even read them. So, honestly, the temper of the externals on this world hardly reflects the attitude of the population as a whole. I'd even go so far as to say that posting on the externals is a waste of my time at this time. The zombie leaders have gone awol on here. The people in punch that have any say so in the tribe (not the trolls) rarely post and don't really believe in the externals. Act1 only comes on when they get flamed. TBD is here occasionally, but, also don't put a lot of weight into pnp. As far as I know, none of the small tribes have any representation at all now that silverflake has quit. So, if it wasn't for sheer boredom I'd never come here as in this world the pnp is more for trolls and has, in my opinion, no relativity to in game status.

Bh has University and Sellsy work, so it is nothing unusual for them to not post for certain periods of time when other things come up, but I'm likely used to them doing that because of my history with them. As for the others, well W54 has never been particularly engaged in PnP.

And I won't get into an argument over the importance of PnP, I be having study to do. ^^

DeletedUser

I'm not saying pnp isn't important in general as I've used it substantially on other worlds. But considering the lack of participation on the externals in this world and the perception of it by the leaders of the key tribes I'd say in w54 it is substantially less important than in any other world I've ever participated in.

DeletedUser

I won't disgaree with you there; but personally I attribute that in large parts to the sheer boringness of this world. There are pretty much no wars, only merges. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I'd respect this more if you'd have said anything similar to all the trolling that punch, zombie, or any other tribe has done. All I've done is respond to posts made by others. Jack made one post about our nobling which TBD did the same when they were internalling chik3n (and didn't get flamed by you or anyone else). And other than that I don't think we've had a huge forum presence.

So if people troll us and we respond gives you a bad opinion of us and not the trolls I don't know what to tell you. Which brings me back around to why I think you're simply homering again.

I don't recall them boasting about being number 1 and saying "we are better than everybody else we are out nobling them all and we have the higher ODA", cuz guess what...they don't have the higher ODA and they don't out noble other tribes, I don't even recall the last time they had the higher nobling rate. So its kind of hard to troll on them if they didn't even say it...The bad opinion has to do with Jack not you if you haven't realized.

DeletedUser

Like I said, we've done 2 merges, but, we've been in wars in all directions for the entire duration of our tribe. Just because we don't come boasting on the externals doesn't make it less true. We're not the only tribe that falls into that category as well.

DeletedUser

I don't recall them boasting about being number 1 and saying "we are better than everybody else we are out nobling them all and we have the higher ODA", cuz guess what...they don't have the higher ODA and they don't out noble other tribes, I don't even recall the last time they had the higher nobling rate. So its kind of hard to troll on them if they didn't even say it...The bad opinion has to do with Jack not you if you haven't realized.

I agree, but, I'd respect the punch players more if they actually spent more time posting what they did (ala nobling/war stats/etc) than just coming here blasting other tribes. For example, hefty came here and posted that thread blasting us for the merge, when, punch has as many merges as we do.

I can respect tribes that come on and post what they are doing and try to rally the troops. I don't like bashing. I particularly don't like hypocritical bashing. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from on that front.

DeletedUser

Maybe, but how many top tribe wars have there been? And never more than one war at a time of that scale really.

DeletedUser

I agree, but, I'd respect the punch players more if they actually spent more time posting what they did (ala nobling/war stats/etc) than just coming here blasting other tribes. For example, hefty came here and posted that thread blasting us for the merge, when, punch has as many merges as we do.

I can respect tribes that come on and post what they are doing and try to rally the troops. I don't like bashing. I particularly don't like hypocritical bashing. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from on that front.

I completely agree with that. I don't come here and post but every so often and its usually when I feel like somebody is wrong or is making an ass of themselves. I don't care that you merged doesn't bother me a bit. What bothered me was the extreme arrogance that some posters(not you) had about how awesome they think they are...

This world has been merge after merge. Sucks but I guess if a bunch of tribes merge the only way to keep up with those other tribes is to merge. You know in order to be cool you got to do what the cool kids do :icon_cool: lol

I don't like bashing either and thats why a lot of the times I decide to post its because of bashings. But I far more so hate when people think they are so much better than everybody else. You understand what I am coming from I am sure

DeletedUser

We've fought the tribes around us. We weren't #1 in any of the k's we were in at the time we formed. We were fighting an uphill battle. I could argue that there is a reason that they didn't form top tribes. I've personally rimmed 3 players that are (or their alias) is top 20 on other worlds. You could argue that the reason no top tribes formed around us was we beat down what would have been the top tribes. Or you could say we noob bashed. It makes me no difference. But, in all honesty, the tribes in this world are generally recruiting/merging because of the innactivity is making it necessary. The problem is that the leadership sees it's necessary so they're all doing it. However, some tribes are more willing to blame other tribes for doing it than they are willing to admit they're doing the exact same thing.

There are tribes that point fingers and their are tribes that use mirrors. But, the bottom line is, all tribes in this world are operating similarly, no matter whether you want to call it 'selective recruiting' or 'merging' or simply allying with all the tribes around you. The players in this world, if they want a big war, should talk to their leaders and do it instead of pointing out how other tribes aren't doing, because, chances are your (proverbial your) is just as guilty as the tribe you want to point a finger at.

DeletedUser

Oh indeed, and I wasn't singling out any particular tribe. Just pointing out that there have been very few wars between top tribes; which makes the world rather boring, and PnP rather empty.

DeletedUser

I think coming on and saying you think your tribe is doing well because they are the top nobling tribe is not that annoying. If another tribe did that I'd probably let it go.

However, I think when a tribe that's merged a minimum of two times comes on here and posts a flame about another tribe doing their second merge is terribly annoying. I think when another tribe comes on and jumps in the flame when they have 2 major allies so they are only warring inconsequential rim tribes and aren't even considering anything else it's even more annoying. I find that when posters on the externals are posting pretty much the direct opposite of what their leadership is mailing me and saying is the most annoying. This thread and the merge thread has been littered with all.

I'd much rather tribes limit themselves to boasting about what they are doing instead of trashing others. I think being proud of what you are doing is perfectly acceptable. Even if they are internals, being the top nobling tribe requires a lot of time/work/effort. When TBD was doing it I gave them props. Now that my members are doing it (and they've done it for other time periods without the internals) I'm proud of their activity level and I think they should be proud of themselves as well.

I don't see how that should give a tribe a bad reputation. Particularly when we have tribes that ALL they do is trash other tribes. Even when their tribes are doing the same thing they are trashing other tribes for. Or they make lame excuses like staying small for morale purposes etc. Those tribes should be the ones with bad reps. The occasional boasting post and being proud of your own tribe should be way more excusable.

DeletedUser98855

Maaaan! I can't believe I came out the bad guy in this :-/.

"We da we da best" and accompanying text was fluffy rhetoric to go along with some stats.

I see these externals as having three types of posters.

1) Those who post stats/opinions/informed arguments.

2) Those who troll #1

3) Those who try and diffuse flame wars caused by #2.

I've always been a diffuser, but I thought I'd post some stats for once with what was supposed to be a catchy little jingle. Now I'm an arrogant dickweed who has ruined the reputation of his tribe. That's not fair! Sorry guys :(.

DeletedUser

I think coming on and saying you think your tribe is doing well because they are the top nobling tribe is not that annoying. If another tribe did that I'd probably let it go.

However, I think when a tribe that's merged a minimum of two times comes on here and posts a flame about another tribe doing their second merge is terribly annoying. I think when another tribe comes on and jumps in the flame when they have 2 major allies so they are only warring inconsequential rim tribes and aren't even considering anything else it's even more annoying. I find that when posters on the externals are posting pretty much the direct opposite of what their leadership is mailing me and saying is the most annoying. This thread and the merge thread has been littered with all.

I'd much rather tribes limit themselves to boasting about what they are doing instead of trashing others. I think being proud of what you are doing is perfectly acceptable. Even if they are internals, being the top nobling tribe requires a lot of time/work/effort. When TBD was doing it I gave them props. Now that my members are doing it (and they've done it for other time periods without the internals) I'm proud of their activity level and I think they should be proud of themselves as well.

I don't see how that should give a tribe a bad reputation. Particularly when we have tribes that ALL they do is trash other tribes. Even when their tribes are doing the same thing they are trashing other tribes for. Or they make lame excuses like staying small for morale purposes etc. Those tribes should be the ones with bad reps. The occasional boasting post and being proud of your own tribe should be way more excusable.

I didn't say it wasn't excusable, but it bothered me the way it was done. There is a good way and a bad way to be proud. Not sure who you are talking about having 2 allies and only fighting rim tribes but yes there are plenty of those tribes in this world right now I am sure. :) I agree there are lots of reasons why tribes have bad reps on here. I completely agree that the merge BS was annoying, but no matter what merges will always be flamed just a known fact its annoying as hell but I have yet to see a merge not get some attention.

DeletedUser

Maaaan! I can't believe I came out the bad guy in this :-/.

"We da we da best" and accompanying text was fluffy rhetoric to go along with some stats.

I see these externals as having three types of posters.

1) Those who post stats/opinions/informed arguments.

2) Those who troll #1

3) Those who try and diffuse flame wars caused by #2.

I've always been a diffuser, but I thought I'd post some stats for once with what was supposed to be a catchy little jingle. Now I'm an arrogant dickweed who has ruined the reputation of his tribe. That's not fair! Sorry guys :(.

sorry for the double post

I don't mind when people post stats its just that they weren't all that accurate in my opinion for what they actually meant. Your tribes actual growth was similar to the other 2 tribes you listed because internals don't add points or villages to the tribe, just a change of hands, so you weren't outnobling other tribes really is all that bothered me :)

DeletedUser98855

Fair enough. Maybe I should have just gone with rawer data. Something like, "We're 2000 villages bigger than you! Brouhahaha!". :icon_wink:

Seems like no matter what, data is subject to so much interpretation that it might as well be called "numerical opinions".

DeletedUser

The problem is it is up to every individuals perception of someones contribution as to if it is considered 'trolling' or 'trashing' or 'bashing', etcetera. Obviously there are rather obvious points when you can say that what someone just posted was that, or this. But it is also a very blurred line based upon personal opinion. And in a place where arguing to make yourself and your tribe look better is a critical part, things can get messy.

But I don't ultimately disagree with what you just said, but you just need to remember that making other people look bad is the name of the game.

DeletedUser

And calmir I can't respond to that post appropriately without disrespecting Valth, so, I'll simply refuse to post. But, I'll just say I simply disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.