The Church

kala rom.killer

Hello... i have a question about Church (sorry if they have been posted but i still don't understand :D )

If i attack a village out of my church range from a village which is inside what is my attack power?

DeletedUser

Hello... i have a question about Church (sorry if they have been posted but i still don't understand :D )

If i attack a village out of my church range from a village which is inside what is my attack power?

As long as the village you attack from is within the radius of a church, then your troops will attack at full strength.

DeletedUser

I just attacked a village 30 hours away with spear speed, and is definitely not within church radius. However, in my report, it said that my troops were religious. How so?

DeletedUser

The origin village determines it for attacks.

For support, the owners religiousness determines it.

DeletedUser

How far away should churches be away from each other?

Should each village fall under 1, 2 ... 3 church radius? Or just one, and should church villages be under more then 1 radius?

Thanks

DeletedUser

You only need a village to be under 1 church radius for the religiousness to have full power. Obviously though, this means the village is harder to defend if the church gets catted.

DeletedUser

I know that, but Im talking from a good standpoint, I was looking for suggestions.

DeletedUser

It would probably take a lot of population space to makes sure that all your village fell under 2 or more Church's influence. I guess the biggest factor would be how your villages are spaced. Are they clustered tightly, or more spread out? If they are clustered tightly it would be easier to get all your villages under the influence of a second Church. If they are spread out, the amount of space needed to add that many Churches would probably not be worth the added protection for the villages.

DeletedUser80975

As long as the village you attack from is within the radius of a church, then your troops will attack at full strength.

i posted this in the other church topic with no response so here goes.

okay so a buddy of mine attacked someone from a village that was influenced by a church, but the village he attacked was outside gthe radius. going through the sim it showed minimal losses, even going so far as to use aliethas bonfire to guess, as the village had 200 cats. he lost a nearly 4k axe, 675 lc, 300 MA, 375 HC, 350 rams. he was attacking a village with
29 59 15 176 422 175 140 226 6 164 1 0 and a lvl 20 wall. he lost every troop that was sent as an attack. this looked very wierd so he sent in a ticket and this is it here...

Hello

I'm puzzled by the results of this attack ...

http://en40.tribalwars.net/public_report/29e78dcaa9dc9646dd94ca94617ac3dd

Putting the numbers in the simulator including bad luck, even arming my opponent with Aletheia's Bonfire, I suffered far greater losses than I might have expected.

I wonder if there might be a bug?

Thanks in advance - John
2009-12-14 17:30:33
Sorry, I forgot to say my Paladin was armed with Mieszko's lance.
seagryfn 2009-12-15 00:50:53
Hello anonymous,

Although your troops came from a religious belief village, they travelled a long way... outside the influence of the church they came from. Did you own another church within your radius of influence of the target that kept their belief strong? If not, they would have taken a penalty attacking that would account for the difference.

Troops only uphold their belief when they are within range of a church that you own.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support
2009-12-15 09:40:39
Hi Seagryfn

Thanks for the quick reply.
A tribe mate with a church was nearby.
I understood this would influence my troops,
& the report says 'Your troops were religious.'
I am still puzzled!

Thanks again - anonymous
seagryfn 2009-12-15 12:57:38
With the exception of lordfrankius, who is not an ally of some tribe your in, I see nothing but other NMS villages within 10 fields in every direction of your target.
The belief radius of a level 3 church is just 8 fields.

If you had a tribemate who was closer by and was since nobled out, perhaps his church was not level 3, and therefore had a shorter radius? Or he was in a corner of the radius and just missed giving a bonus to your attack against your target?

In any case, there is a special Questions & Answers section in the forum about churches that you will find here:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=138800
Hopefully a review of the information posted there might help you understand your report... if not, you can post there for clues as well.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support

so apparently the village you attack has to be inside the range of a church??? this doesnt make sense to me because
1. its obviously not that way as ive been playing with churches for a while now
2. everywhere i look it says just the village the offensive troops originate at needs to have a church.
3. it says in the attack report that the offensive troops WERE religious

so is there anyone that can help me out with this question?

DeletedUser

i posted this in the other church topic with no response so here goes.

okay so a buddy of mine attacked someone from a village that was influenced by a church, but the village he attacked was outside gthe radius. going through the sim it showed minimal losses, even going so far as to use aliethas bonfire to guess, as the village had 200 cats. he lost a nearly 4k axe, 675 lc, 300 MA, 375 HC, 350 rams. he was attacking a village with
29 59 15 176 422 175 140 226 6 164 1 0 and a lvl 20 wall. he lost every troop that was sent as an attack. this looked very wierd so he sent in a ticket and this is it here...

Hello

I'm puzzled by the results of this attack ...

http://en40.tribalwars.net/public_report/29e78dcaa9dc9646dd94ca94617ac3dd

Putting the numbers in the simulator including bad luck, even arming my opponent with Aletheia's Bonfire, I suffered far greater losses than I might have expected.

I wonder if there might be a bug?

Thanks in advance - John
2009-12-14 17:30:33
Sorry, I forgot to say my Paladin was armed with Mieszko's lance.
seagryfn 2009-12-15 00:50:53
Hello anonymous,

Although your troops came from a religious belief village, they travelled a long way... outside the influence of the church they came from. Did you own another church within your radius of influence of the target that kept their belief strong? If not, they would have taken a penalty attacking that would account for the difference.

Troops only uphold their belief when they are within range of a church that you own.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support
2009-12-15 09:40:39
Hi Seagryfn

Thanks for the quick reply.
A tribe mate with a church was nearby.
I understood this would influence my troops,
& the report says 'Your troops were religious.'
I am still puzzled!

Thanks again - anonymous
seagryfn 2009-12-15 12:57:38
With the exception of lordfrankius, who is not an ally of some tribe your in, I see nothing but other NMS villages within 10 fields in every direction of your target.
The belief radius of a level 3 church is just 8 fields.

If you had a tribemate who was closer by and was since nobled out, perhaps his church was not level 3, and therefore had a shorter radius? Or he was in a corner of the radius and just missed giving a bonus to your attack against your target?

In any case, there is a special Questions & Answers section in the forum about churches that you will find here:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=138800
Hopefully a review of the information posted there might help you understand your report... if not, you can post there for clues as well.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support

so apparently the village you attack has to be inside the range of a church??? this doesnt make sense to me because
1. its obviously not that way as ive been playing with churches for a while now
2. everywhere i look it says just the village the offensive troops originate at needs to have a church.
3. it says in the attack report that the offensive troops WERE religious

so is there anyone that can help me out with this question?

Code:
Angreifer    Einheiten:    0    0    3660    0    0    675    300    375    350    250    1    0
Verluste:    0    0    3660    0    0    347    300    193    350    250    0    0
Verteidiger    Einheiten:    26    59    15    176    422    175    140    226    6    164    1    0
Verluste:    26    59    15    176    422    175    140    226    6    164    1    0
Sorry for german, but its the only archer world I had quick access too.

The simulation holds up. Did you count on the wall still being level 20, the defender having religion, and the luck?

You had the religion on your side, but so does the defender.

As stated many times, troops attacking from a village under religious influence work at 100%, if they aren't then they're weaker.

Also, last time I played a church world, only your own churches influenced your capabilities (unless you were supporting obviously)SO if you had villages in your tribe mates radius, it would have no effect

Lastly, it's saddening that the in game mods don't know how the church works

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80975

heres what i got when i plugged it in with the luck the morale and aliethas bonfire.

Units: 0 0 3660 0 0 675 300 375 350 250 1 0
Losses:0 0 1317 0 0 91 100 51 126 90 0 0

DeletedUser80975

oh srry, this is what i got

Units: 0 0 3660 0 0 675 300 375 350 250 1 0
Losses:0 0 2576 0 0 179 196 99 246 176 0 0

DeletedUser80975

now i feel like an idiot. i forgot to type in the lvl 20 wall. well thanks for helping me figure this out, i feel like such a noob

DeletedUser

A note to others, in order to avoid embarrassing yourself on the pnp, remember that if you 'paste troops into simulator', it takes the wall after the fight, not the original

DeletedUser27

Still doesn't seem to be working for me on a church world even if I enter in the info manually.

Sim -- 77 Morale 0 luck
Attacker Units: 0 0 110 0 30 0 0 0 20 0 0
Losses: 0 0 75 0 1 0 0 0 14 0 0
Defender Units: 330 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 330 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 2 to level 0

Actual attack
luck 9.9%
Morale: 78%

Quantity: 0 0 110 0 30 0 0 0 20 0 0
Losses: 0 0 110 0 1 0 0 0 20 0 0
Belief: Your troops were religious.

Quantity: 330 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 206 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 2 to level 0

Edit: Did a quick check since I had forgotten about research levels. With his spear on lvl 10, this is the sim result. BTW this is a 400 point villa.
Attacker Units: 0 0 110 0 30 0 0 0 20 0 0
Losses: 0 0 110 0 1 0 0 0 20 0 0
Defender Units: 330 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 269 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

DeletedUser

Still doesn't seem to be working for me on a church world even if I enter in the info manually.

Sim -- 77 Morale 0 luck

Actual attack
i ran it through the simulator. the problem was you forgot to make the defender religious as well.
edit: saw your edit. i ran the sim using w33 so it could be tech levels as well for the problem. but the test i ran got the same result as the actual attack when defender was religious.

DeletedUser27

i ran it through the simulator. the problem was you forgot to make the defender religious as well.
edit: saw your edit. i ran the sim using w33 so it could be tech levels as well for the problem. but the test i ran got the same result as the actual attack when defender was religious.

OK that is it then, thanks mate.

First time church worlds are quite the learning experience.

DeletedUser

considering the fact that

a) Barbarians are unaffected by churches

so lets say theres a 10000 spears and 10000 swords in a barbarian village and i want to simulate it before attacking. I will not click the belief box in the simulator for the defenders as the barbarians are unaffected by church. Is this correct? This would mean then that the 10000 spears and 10000 swords are fighting at 50% power just like any other troops who do not benefit from religon. Is this correct? or do they fight at 100%?

DeletedUser

so lets say theres a 10000 spears and 10000 swords in a barbarian village and i want to simulate it before attacking. I will not click the belief box in the simulator for the defenders as the barbarians are unaffected by church. Is this correct? This would mean then that the 10000 spears and 10000 swords are fighting at 50% power just like any other troops who do not benefit from religon. Is this correct? or do they fight at 100%?

No, they changed this in one of the updates. All barbs fight at 100% now.

DeletedUser

My first game and only have a vil. If i send a noble attack that takes 5.5 hours and the target village says not influenced by church does that mean my guys only attack at 50% strength?