W27 Weekly Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Who is your favourite public forum personality?

LordofBones. Just the name is so cool. And he always had interesting things to say. Funny, biting, just plain fun. Following him, it was that guy who started the topic on nuking someone with 50 points or something. If there was anyone who spiced up the forums, it was that guy. I wish the mod would reopen that thread. I laughed at every reply!

What do you think of the decisions that players make, from a moral perspective, in a system such as this, without real life consequence?

A good question, but again, the perspective is prejudiced. Who says that this game has no real life consequence? Everything we do has real life consequences and I expand that by saying everything we do has ETERNAL consequences. This is a game. Many people play and take on roles that do not reflect the way they act in real life, but do reflect how they would act in RL, given the chance. A bully here is a wanna-be bully in RL. An angry warrior here is angry in his heart in RL. And, those that come here from relief of a bad RL, I bet big money they would love to have the same family, friends, and tribe in RL!

So, your question is 180 degrees wrong. Moral decisions made in this world do have serious consequences in RL. In a sense, we either bring our RL morals here, or we take our TW morals there. We are all the same person in both worlds. Our morals cannot be compartmentalized. We are who we are, no matter where we are. If you actually think that we do not carry baggage back and forth, with actual RL consequences over there, then I challenge you to rethink your position. The way I act on this world influences my RL and has eternal consequences. After all, if I hurt someone here with my words, that hurt follows them into the RL.....

first of all thank you :)

second, i agree with the statment that who we are or who we want to be is reflected in our play.
the beauty of these games that we have the freedom to act as we believe to be right, it show our "True Colors".
Me in the game always acted by ideals of honor and truth even that in real life i sometimes cant stick to these ideal as much as i like, but i try.
the way we choose to play is the characteristics of us as we want to exhibit it, as we believe is right on the most personal level - cause this game gives us a level of freedom and a layer of defense as we hide behind the screen or a nic.

DeletedUser

Apologies once again folks, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow; 'stercus accidit' I'm afraid.

DeletedUser

My apolagies for those who were looking forward to the maps & comics, not that there many of you :icon_wink:, but I was very busy this week and simply didn't have the time, though they'll be back next week :).

Back to the weekly itself, good job Z, you never let me down, and to you aswell Mande, you made a good interview, and even though our conversation count is small, I bid you farewell Mande, and goodluck in RL, I for one and I'm sure theres many others, will miss you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ohh my god...

you found what to do with the word "floccinaucinihilipilification" that means "of little or no value" for anyone interested... wow zarin... a new frontier breached....

and you didnt say a word about hanukkah :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Great weekly Zarin,
How luckily we are :D

"laudable" -- what this word means?, im not fluent in english sorry :D:

I am mad for people think of -RoS- against shadow in future. For the info we are Neutral in shadow-Light war..
but ofcourse people thinks we are in the side of light why? they did see it on my profile as Duke of the tribe.. Almost all of my PA are in Light but surely we are not on them.

DeletedUser

laudable means to be praised - comes from the word applaud
(to play 6 months with zarin makes wonders to your vocabulary in English :D)

DeletedUser

I hope so LoB to play another months and so on.. If plan will approve :D il mail you what is it in right time :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My thank to Zarin, Eph & Silverwolf for making that enjoying issue :)
Hope everyone enjoyed the comics and/or maps.

DeletedUser

A great issue :) Really enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for the next, GR*FM doin't get mentioned too much, probably because we don't exactly bring attention to ourself. Will be good to listen to other peoples idea on how we're doing. Personally i think our stats could have been added this week ;) But i figure Shadow will wan't to even the out first.

DeletedUser

the issue was posted 2 days late but the stats are weekly stats - so there was nothing to show for shadow/gr*fm stats at it didnt start yet

DeletedUser

Sorry about the delay in comics / maps. My connection was down for 2 days :icon_sad:

They shall be up shortly however :)

& no Dec, there has been a few. Don't worry, Z will have more than made up for it next week, trust me :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

so according to the new weekly,nothing new on the fronts!!!Shadow as we all told is already at the advantage,and slowly killing GR!!
only Light is for me still a suprise!!!!?????
i really realy cannot understand this tribe at all???

DeletedUser

I finnally had a chance to catch up on the weekly's, I will tell you that one on jan 27nth...gosh that took me like 45 mins to read:p Good read tho!

Keep up the work Zarin :D